• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian (TRICO) announced for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Its not the only game coming out from Team Ico

2vkyfyd.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
AndyD said:
Is the trailer on PSN yet? I havent been able to find it.

Nope, but you can download the highres mp4 and transfer it to your PS3.

Wollan

I haven't actually seen it yet at the PS Store which is mindblowing if it's (actually) missing. Most impressive single thing I saw from this E3.
I can't guarantee my combing of the PS Store though, it might actually be there.

JoJo13

Banned
I don't know why they don't have a direct feed HD trailer for this game.

They have one for the conference up there already, but I want a standalone trailer. What gives?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There is one on gametrailers already, just not on PSN.

SonComet

Wollan said:
I haven't actually seen it yet at the PS Store which is mindblowing if it's (actually) missing. Most impressive single thing I saw from this E3.
I can't guarantee my combing of the PS Store though, it might actually be there.
Seriously, I can't believe they haven't uploaded this trailer yet. The online rips that I've been able to find are not very good.

Neiteio

Kaako said:
Megaupload link available as well.
This game will be special.
Hey, thanks! I downloaded this and it works perfectly on the PS3. One of my most-watched videos on the system. I keep going back between it and the Uncharted 2 E3 trailer you can download off PSN.

Again, thanks. :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TGS cannot come soon enough, seriously. I wanna see more gameplay footage of this work of art in action.

I've also heard that it will output at full 1080p .... Either way, I can't get over how amazing and detailed this is. I love love love the contrast of rendering art styles between the creature and the boy. I have a good feeling that the game is closing in on us. TGS couldn't come any slower! Thank god its at the end of September this year (it is, right?)

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I've also heard that it will output at full 1080p .... Either way, I can't get over how amazing and detailed this is. I love love love the contrast of rendering art styles between the creature and the boy. I have a good feeling that the game is closing in on us. TGS couldn't come any slower! Thank god its at the end of September this year (it is, right?)

Yup. Hugely significant TGS for Sony this year.

http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There's no way it will run at 60FPS though that's for sure:p

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ether_Snake said:
There's no way it will run at 60FPS though that's for sure:p
This isn't a 3rd person action game or an fps, so it's all good. IF it runs @ 1080P, I pray that it's in the 30s.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Tylahedras said:
I love how there are arrows sticking out of the creature. Reminds me of SOTC after I empty a hundred arrows into Agro. :)

You could shoot Argo? I don't remember that, I thought they would just make it so that the arrow wouldn't shoot.

Ether_Snake said:
You could shoot Argo? I don't remember that, I thought they would just make it so that the arrow wouldn't shoot.

Yes you can shoot him, he doesn't like it, he runs around alot when you do it. Unfortunately you can't kill no matter how you try. Also if I remember correctly they bounce off. But you can stick a ton of arrows into other animals. Also you can hit birds, though it's pretty damn hard.

Tylahedras said:
Yes you can shoot him, he doesn't like it, he runs around alot when you do it. Unfortunately you can't kill no matter how you try. Also if I remember correctly they bounce off. But you can stick a ton of arrows into other animals. Also you can hit birds, though it's pretty damn hard.

I never managed to shoot him, he always bolts as soon as you point an arrow in his direction, he's a pretty smart horse ;)

smurfx

get some go again
SolidSnakex said:
Yes, although Ueda confirmed that you can remove them if you want.
heh imagine if you remove them all and then at the end of the game you need a spear to save the animal but since you have no weapons it dies. although imagine if you don't take them out and then the animal dies from an infection and you're screwed either way.

BeeDog

People really believe The Last Guardian might run at 60 fps? Though if I have to eat crow, it will probably the best-tasting crow on the planet.

if those sections in the trailer are gameplay (bridge part etc), this has the best animation of any game by a wide margin...I mean U2 has some fantastic animation, but this is just so smooth...it looks like cg

nelsonroyale said:
if those sections in the trailer are gameplay (bridge part etc), this has the best animation of any game by a wide margin...I mean U2 has some fantastic animation, but this is just so smooth...it looks like cg

it is gameplay.
team ico doesn't do cg

bartris

Neo Member
This game looks absolutely epic, and I cannot wait to find out more...

If Falcor dies in the end though, I dont want to play it, I do not want to cry in a game...

This game is a seamless large world game like SOTC I take it...because the detail is fantastic considering... Due to the quality of the animation, this is probably the closest a game has yet come to feeling like you are playing a cg sequence...

So when the early version leaked a lot of people were running around performing damage control. "It's over a year old", "it'll look much better next time we see it, "This is really early, expect some major improvements" and the like. Personally I thought the early footage looked good and I wasn't holding out hope for a major graphical boost. How wrong I was.

This didn't just occur to me by the way, but I was re-watching the trailer (I'm going to have to delete the damn thing to avoid overexposure!) and it just popped back into my head. Then I saw the thread had shown back up and thought I'd drop in and share my thoughts.

+1 for the SDF I guess.

nelsonroyale said:
This game is a seamless large world game like SOTC I take it...

I don't think it's an open world game but as I recall even Ico had no load screens and was seamless in that regard. I could be wrong about that though.

JB1981

If you want to see the trailer in HD just download conference part 3 from the store. It's in HD and looks great.

Schrade

JB1981 said:
If you want to see the trailer in HD just download conference part 3 from the store. It's in HD and looks great.
I already extracted it and posted it several pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom