• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KORNdoggy

So the writer/producer (who posted here earlier) liked this tweet from a Gamergater account just a few hours ago:

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/874087165080121344

Now check out the linked article in that tweet, which by the way was written by another Gamergater Ian Miles Cheong (a prominent one):

LOL
Also, "game developer" in scare quotes, classy

Apparently having your life ruined and being constantly harassed for years is "manufactured drama".

This is all from the writer/producer of this game. And he "liked" this, along with other tweets complaining about SJWs, just a few hours ago.

But sure, they're totally reformed and distancing themselves from their GG past. Right?

ugh, gross. i hope this game crashes and burns.

Ekai

So the writer/producer (who posted here earlier) liked this tweet from a Gamergater account just a few hours ago:

Now check out the linked article in that tweet, which by the way was written by another Gamergater Ian Miles Cheong (a prominent one):

LOL

Apparently having your life ruined and being constantly harassed for years is "manufactured drama".

This is all from the writer/producer of this game. And he "liked" this, along with other tweets complaining about SJWs, just a few hours ago.

But sure, they're totally reformed and distancing themselves from their GG past. Right?

If one looks into his Twitter account, it goes even deeper.

At this point they've done the necessary damage control to assure most folks who were interested but turned off by the creator still consider it. Both himself and the publisher/group have stated he has changed in the last 3 years and that the game no longer deals with these topics.

For most this will be enough. Either you believe he has changed and get the game, or you're happy the game isn't about this toxic idea and get it while separating art from artist.

I don't know whether I'll get it. Now I'm firmly on the side to wait and see what the reviews are. Maybe watch a youtube playthrough. But my money isn't going to the game anytime soon.

Slayven

MS spent 2 hours talking about inclusion and diversity, if they don't issue some kinda of statement then I hope they get hammered by the press

Wereroku

LOL

Yep definitely completely reformed. Hopefully Patrick and Austin grill MS on this game.

MS spent 2 hours talking about inclusion and diversity, if they don't issue some kinda of statement then I hope they get hammered by the press

I hope they drop this garbage.

Ekai

At this point they've done the necessary damage control to assure most folks who were interested but turned off by the creator still consider it. Both himself and the publisher/group have stated he has changed in the last 3 years and that the game no longer deals with these topics.

For most this will be enough. Either you believe he has changed and get the game, or you're happy the game isn't about this toxic idea and get it while separating art from artist.

I don't know whether I'll get it. Now I'm firmly on the side to wait and see what the reviews are. Maybe watch a youtube playthrough.

I mean, if one looks at the consistent behavior that the creator has displayed over 3 years on Twitter and other forums, it's clear he hasn't changed. This is just damage control.
That the writer also shares his beliefs doesn't bode well for the game whatsoever.

LOL

It's nice to get some receipts that show the statement they released was just them trying to cover their ass. If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas and all that.

Dan-o

Gross.

Although... that same writer/producer also liked these two tweets:
PGrHxIp.png

So... yeah.
I'm still not purchasing this game, despite loving the art style.
I doubt anything these dudes say will sway me before it gets released.

edit: Jesus... this guy has "liked" stuff both good and... really terrible. What a mess.

I don't know whether I'll get it. Now I'm firmly on the side to wait and see what the reviews are. Maybe watch a youtube playthrough. But my money isn't going to the game anytime soon.
Eh, I think this is just getting started. It's only 9am on the West Coast the day after the press conference.

SaiyanRaoh

ha ha it is so cool and funny to not have principles

eveyrhtign is cool as long as it doesn't affect me directly

like&subscribe

As a black man, a lot of gaming's worst directly affects me. Horrible create a character options and online racism (which I avoid by simply renouncing any and everything Co-op and multiplayer. I just don't choose to let the views other people have influence my buy decisions. In 10 years, no one will care.

Alucrid

Banned

LOL

maybe raw fury can put out another statement that that isn't the writer they know and lots of things, including viewpoints, can change in three hours

Why does anyone even give that Ian fuck the time of day, he's a fucking flop

Anybody that has to have their middle name in their goddamn Twitter account is automatically fired

I mean, if one looks at the consistent behavior that the creator has displayed over 3 years on Twitter and other forums, it's clear he hasn't changed. This is just damage control.
That the writer also shares his beliefs doesn't bode well for the game whatsoever.
Only a few will realistically bother to go with this though.

If someone not as invested was interested, heard about this, and then saw the PR statement plus his damage control tweets they'd just assume that everything is cool now and get the game.

It's very doubtful someone is going to grill Microsoft to the point they drop them. At this point they can say they've been assured that regardless of his personal politics the game won't have anything to do with it. Or they might not even acknowledge it to avoid any shit storm (the ms PR representative deleted her tweet last night)

Ketkat

As a black man, a lot of gaming's worst directly affects me. Horrible create a character options and online racism (which I avoid by simply renouncing any and everything Co-op and multiplayer. I just don't choose to let the views other people have influence my buy decisions. In 10 years, no one will care.

What? You say you completely avoid co-op and multiplayer because of the shit views, but you don't let those views influence your decisions? You literally already have.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Heh heh, some of you guys and your principles......

Bought....day one.

This is even more hilarious a statement to make on this forum when you consider that people won't even play games that run at 30 fps because their principles. Shouldn't be surprising that people won't stand for bigotry and Gamer Gate nonsense because of their principles.

Yeah, lets remember that media has absolutely 0 influence on culture.

Cultural views also aren't capable of shifting or regressing.

SaiyanRaoh

And by the way, yeah, this guy is a horrible human being. I'm not arguing that he isn't. If I can turn a blind eye at the racism I encounter....it leaves little chance that his views will affect me or get me to lose sleep.

LOL

Yeah, that's definitely not helping their case at all. With that, it's definitely going to take a heck of a lot to convince me they've actually changed at this point. Someone who has wouldn't still be liking or retweeting stuff like that on Twitter. =/

Lime

lol so not only is the dude some misogynist, he's also a bougie asshole. The narrative premise of Last Light is that in a world with universal basic income, people lose their creative drive.

And by the way, yeah, this guy is a horrible human being. I'm not arguing that he isn't. If I can turn a blind eye at the racism I encounter....it leaves little chance that his views will affect me or get me to lose sleep.

Turning a blind eye to racism doesn't make it unaffect you.

Look at our entire legal system in the US. Look at how having a "black" sounding name makes employers less likely to call you for an interview. Ignoring a house fire won't stop people from getting burned.

ChazGW7

Is there a TL:DR or YouTube video explaining what the controversy is about right now? I don't really have the time to read through this whole thread unfortunately. I love the look of this game and it looks like I won't be able to support it judging from glimpses im seeing here.

Buckle

So are you happy to give money to a guy like this that might end up becoming more influential as a result in the games industry and potentially spreading his views further?

Not the kind of guy I want to see get ahead.

tuxfool

Banned

You do what you have to, but you shouldn't have to do it.

Nor should you denigrate others for not looking past problems like this.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

LOL

It's very funny how the writer stopped posting in the thread when the GG news came out. He ain't shit for that.

I better not see any gaming outlets skip over this. Everyone should be grilling these guys right now.

etrain911

I'll probably pick this up on a deep deep sale like I did with that game written by Orson Scott Card, Shadow Complex. I want to support genres I want to play but not the beliefs of the people in charge of the game itself.

barit

When I wrote "The game gets finally the attention it needs" I thought it was because of the Xbox console exclusive nonsense but the GG stuff is a real bummer

Is there a TL:DR or YouTube video explaining what the controversy is about right now? I don't really have the time to read through this whole thread unfortunately. I love the look of this game and it looks like I won't be able to support it judging from glimpses im seeing here.

He's a GamerGater (i.e. misogynist who rails against "SJWs") who claims to have changed a lot in the last few years despite comments from him from just a few months ago indicating that he hasn't improved much if at all in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom