• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderzL

Banned
Gee I wonder when exactly his views changed

qRRa1Hk.png

XB3ei9Y.png

LPCUK2f.png

abHg1OM.png

idLkiYk.png

OiIO0Ev.png

there it is. thank you, I don't have a Twitter account anymore so I couldn't access his likes

Two Words

Not our job. He's a grown ass man, he needs to educate himself.
This is what is so annoying. Somebody with an ounce of intraspectiveness will seek this out for themselves. As I've grown, my views have changed in many things. I can't think of a single time where somebody had to sit me down and spell out the ABCs on why I'm wrong as if they had to reach across the table to pull me in. Getting into discussions with other views helps, but this isn't really the same thing. Real change on my part came from me analyzing my views and actions and questioning it rigorously. If I'm unwilling to question myself, I'm not going to listen to somebody questioning me.

I knew Notch had tweeted some garbage in the past but I clicked on his account now and saw him straight up harassing a female dev and calling her a "cunt".... fucking hell. I didn't realise he was that awful. He really went completely off the deep end.

Not just any dev, it was Zoe Quinn herself, though he didn't seem to realise at first.

nynt9

It will be interestig to see if Microsoft go "oh he apologized so we're cool now even though he is still clearly a gamergater and the premise of his game is feminism=evil" and keep promoting the game or if they will actually take a stance.

Two Words

It will be interestig to see if Microsoft go "oh he apologized so we're cool now even though he is still clearly a gamergater and the premise of his game is feminism=evil" and keep promoting the game or if they will actually take a stance.
They'll ask him to refer it as "Mefinism".

marrec

Banned
There ain't enough upside.

This is a bitty little indie game who's only claim to fame so far is that it looks like a high fidelity "Another World"

Why the fuck would MS stick their necks out for this sexist fuck?

Two Words

Just retweeting and liking is support, not "trying to find logic". You're really bending yourself backwards in defending him.

lol, that doesn't erase his years long history of alt-right views.
You know, he would have voted for Obama a third time if he could.

azyless

Just retweeting and liking is support, not "trying to find logic". You're really bending yourself backwards in defending him.

lol, that doesn't erase his years long history of alt-right views.
I'm not defending him I'm saying he's not part of the alt-right (anymore at least).

Microsoft/Xbox has no problem cuddling up with known racists like Crapgamer, mooch and tim dog.

PSqueak

Banned
Gee I wonder when exactly his views changed

qRRa1Hk.png

This has to be the dumbest way to make your point.

"progressive spaces"?

No you fucking idiot, comic conventions and general nerd gatherings are considered incredibly regressive in this matter, that's why the fucking warning is there, nerd interests like comics, anime and gaming have that regressive stigma to it you uncultured swine!!

Volphied

I'm not defending him I'm saying he's not part of the alt-right (anymore at least).

His twitter posts and likes and retweets reveal that he's definitely part of the alt-right.

Also, Melenchon is known for xenophobia, anti-NATO, anti-EU and pro-Russia views, just like Trump and the alt-right.

rrs

There ain't enough upside.

This is a bitty little indie game who's only claim to fame so far is that it looks like a high fidelity "Another World"

Why the fuck would MS stick their necks out for this sexist fuck?
Taking a guess he tried to hide all of that to look good

azyless

His twitter posts and likes and retweets reveal that he's definitely part of the alt-right.

Also, Melenchon is known for xenophobia, anti-NATO, anti-EU and pro-Russia views, just like Trump and the alt-right.
Lol right. It's pointless to argue with you.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This has to be the dumbest way to make your point.

"progressive spaces"?

No you fucking idiot, comic conventions and general nerd gatherings are considered incredibly regressive in this matter, that's why the fucking warning is there, nerd interests like comics, anime and gaming have that regressive stigma to it you uncultured swine!!
Ian Miles Cheong is one of the stupidest people on Twitter. "Fucking idiot" doesn't even begin to cover how dumb he is.

marrec

Banned
This topic is absolutly hilarious. It's almost like the guy actually killed someone.

You guys are fucking pathetic.
Or

It's almost like

We disagree with the guy's basic viewpoints and the very philosophical premise for the game

And not

This hyperbolic

Bullshit

That you're peddling

clearestblue

Neo Member
This topic is absolutly hilarious. It's almost like the guy actually killed someone.

You guys are fucking pathetic.

I didn't know we were only allowed to criticize murderers. Anything below "murdering someone" isn't that bad. Very insightful, I have seen the error of my ways.

Volphied

Lol right. It's pointless to argue with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Mélenchon

Mélenchon has been labelled a "populist" by numerous different people, with the PS senator Luc Carvounas saying he goes to "the summits of demagoguery and populism" and the left leaning magazine, Slate stating that Mélenchon's rhetoric is "shocking" and implying his entire political life is based around pleasing the people.[38] He has been compared to Marine Le Pen in terms of debating style;[39][40] with political scientist Dominique Reynié even going as far to say he "flirts with xenophobia when it helps him".[41]

Mélenchon is considered to be very pro-Russia by some journalists.[52][53]

Mélenchon wants France to withdraw from NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)[64][65]

Mélenchon is an outspoken critic of the European Union (EU). During his 2012 campaign, Mélenchon positioned himself against the trend towards economic globalisation.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
This is what is so annoying. Somebody with an ounce of intraspectiveness will seek this out for themselves. As I've grown, my views have changed in many things. I can't think of a single time where somebody had to sit me down and spell out the ABCs on why I'm wrong as if they had to reach across the table to pull me in. Getting into discussions with other views helps, but this isn't really the same thing. Real change on my part came from me analyzing my views and actions and questioning it rigorously. If I'm unwilling to question myself, I'm not going to listen to somebody questioning me.

There's definitely some truth in that. I can relate to that, but as I'm growing older I realize that it's more and more about how you approach something or someone. Sometimes just a few carefully chosen words or a slightly different angle to a saying or even tone of voice can at least put someone on a path that'll lead them to realize what they did wrong. And isn't that, in itself, already change ? That probably sounds way more new-wavish that I want but yeah :)

Maybe that's being utopist (or naive, even) but I'm convinced it's the best advocate for positive change than anything else. And yeah, because I'm a white male it's easier for me to say all that but like I said, my childhood has been pretty rough and almost all my friends back then were immigrants, most of them I still keep in touch with. And you know what ? Most of them suffered from racism, police abuse and whatnot and yet they are the most composed, calm and peaceful human beings I ever knew. So I told myself if they can be like that, I can.

It doesn't mean everyone HAS to behave like that, but at least I think it's worth mentioning and debating.

Volphied

Lmaoooooooooooo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Mélenchon#Anti-German_sentiment

"In his 2015 book Bismarck’s Herring (The German Poison), Mélenchon wrote that 'Germany is again a danger', its 'imperialism' is 'returning', and the EU is its 'new empire'. He's described Germans as 'grumbling Teutons' who seek to 'deport' their old people to eastern Europe or Thailand. And he's written that German 'expansionism' was at work in the country's 1990 reunification – an 'annexation' of East Germany, in his words. That in itself is no small rewriting of history, and no small denial of a people's freely expressed will after the fall of communism. His criticism of Angela Merkel's eurozone policies goes far beyond the economic. It peddles nationalistic, if not bigoted, hatreds. He may have tried to soften that impression by saying he wants 'the peoples of Europe' to revolt against their governments – and not start to fight among themselves. But he has hardly backtracked on any of his earlier statements. Much of this echoes and amplifies Le Pen's rhetoric, rather than helping to combat it."[74]

Oxymoron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Mélenchon

Mélenchon has been labelled a "populist" by numerous different people, with the PS senator Luc Carvounas saying he goes to "the summits of demagoguery and populism" and the left leaning magazine, Slate stating that Mélenchon's rhetoric is "shocking" and implying his entire political life is based around pleasing the people.[38] He has been compared to Marine Le Pen in terms of debating style;[39][40] with political scientist Dominique Reynié even going as far to say he "flirts with xenophobia when it helps him".[41]

Mélenchon is considered to be very pro-Russia by some journalists.[52][53]

Mélenchon wants France to withdraw from NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)[64][65]

Mélenchon is an outspoken critic of the European Union (EU). During his 2012 campaign, Mélenchon positioned himself against the trend towards economic globalisation.

If your knowledge of French politics is Wikipedia, this is probably not an argument you want to be having. Mélenchon has a lot of views I don't agree with, but he's probably the strongest prominent French politician today on anti-racism, women's rights, and queer rights.

azyless

You provided zero arguments and are now responding with insults.

I'm done with you.
Go read Mélenchon's fucking program instead of 30 seconds of wikipedia and come back telling me he's in the same vein as Trump. Or go to french poligaf if you want. Unbelievable.

Volphied

Go read Mélenchon's fucking program instead of 30 seconds of wikipedia and come back telling me he's in the same vein as Trump. Or go to french poligaf if you want. Unbelievable.

You were given a look at the developers views over many years, and yet you ignored it all and continue to insist that just because he voted Melechon he's not alt-right.

And now you have the nerve to tell other people to do a deep research.

lol

azyless

You were given a look at the developers views over many years, and yet you ignored it all and continue to insist that just because he voted Melechon he's not alt-right.

And now you have the nerve to tell other people to do a deep research.

lol
Well yeah by definition when you support leftist policies you're not a part of the alt-right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom