• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

I don't have all day to play games. I have limited amounts of time and if I can't progress, I won't play. Period.

This. I was already debating about buying a 3DS and a game or two instead I opted to buy TLoU and await a couple of weeks to get a 3DS.

I really wanted to go home and play this game all weekend but if I can't play a game without immersion being broken by a save feature then I'll probably just cancel my order and go the 3DS route.

Valtýr;63581986 said:
Understandable but bugs do happen and they are unfortunate. Getting up in arms now isn't going to help the situation.

But this is a bug that's incredibly infuriating, destroys progress and makes the game unplayable for what appears to be a huge number of people. They've every right to be pissed

Kinyou

Valtýr;63581986 said:
Understandable but bugs do happen and they are unfortunate. Getting up in arms now isn't going to help the situation.

It might prevent that ND or other developers do something like this again.

-Amon-

My first post! Hi NeoGAF.

I haven't started the game yet. Is it possible to avoid this glitch by disabling the autosave, and just relying on manual saves?

IT looks as if it's not possible. Try this if you can and report please :)

Sign out from Psn, launch the game, stay offline and play. Tell us if the problem occurs or not staying offline.

@PSTrueGamer Can you signed out, launch the game, stay offline and play. I need to know if the problem still occurs. Thanks :)

I'm repeating myself, but as one of the few who have no problems, I'll say it again...

My PS3 is connected to the net but I haven't signed in to PSN since I've played the game. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Jawmuncher

Definitely makes it worse that the game came out on a Friday. Since a Tuesday release could've allowed a patch by the weekend.

Persona7

Banned
I just got hit by this stupid ass bug after 3 hours of playing it. I took it directly back to redbox. Fucking ridiculous, I am not going to waste my time on this junk.

Chanc3r

Neo Member
IT looks as if it's not possible. Try this if you can and report please :)

Sign out from Psn, launch the game, stay offline and play. Tell us if the problem occurs or not staying offline.

Afraid I won't be able to try for a few hours yet as I'm still at work.

Hoping a workaround is in place before I get to it!

PerZona

Ugh I got hit by the bug as well, played at least for 4 hours straight and now I'm back to the cargo area. Really sucks! >=((

Carl

Guys, if you have the bug let us know if you were connected to PSN! Trying to help the guys narrow down the issue.

rSpooky

Not saying there is not an issue, but I am starting to see some ridiculous posts now , filled with hyperbole that just read like easy dig at a game that they didn't want to like anyway..
Call me a skeptic .. :/

If not some people really need to calm down , it is like those people freaking out when a mmo server is down like their lives ended.

Interfectum

This is like the worst type of game to have a save glitch on too. I'm sure having to replay hours of the game before progressing absolutely destroys the pacing and illusion.

They should probably fix this before 5PM EST or the backlash is gonna sting quite a bit.

3JORN

dealth with this issue as well today, also noticed a cinematic with no sound/unsynchronized. hope a fix is out soon...

Alej

Banned
Not saying there is not an issue, but I am starting to see some ridiculous posts now , filled with hyperbole that just read like easy dig at a game that they didn't want to like anyway..
Call me a skeptic .. :/

If not some people really need to calm down , it is like those people freaking out when a mmo server is down like their lives ended.

Best game ever contender is suddenly boring as hell, repetitive and glitched as fuck.
It's Skyrim lovers taking revenge, lol.

Loudninja

How fast can they get a patch out realistically? I find it hard to believe it'd be out within a day or so. I'm trying to time a week's rental of this at my local video store. I think I might just take the plunge and use the work arounds.

Just started it, played with auto save turned off and still had the bug. Didn't manually save to turn it on either.

Looks like it could be related to being singed in to PSN while playing.

Christophe Balestra posted this on Reddit, asked the OP to try it while signed out: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1gapu6/warning_the_last_of_us_has_an_autosave_glitch/cait1yu

And a mate just told me he's had no problems with it and played it while being signed out.

Seems like it's very probable that being signed in to PSN is the problem. Anyone else played it offline that can confirm they've had no problems?

Top Bottom