• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us has a season pass, multiplayer news imminent

This. That one thread recently with the guy hyping it up made me ill. Show us what the hell it is if it is so damn good.

I'm thinking it has less to do with the MP being oversold (and therefore seeming lackluster to us) and more to do with it being really spoilery in terms of its content. Also, ND has kept its lips sealed as to
what "Stage 2" of the Infected looks like for whatever reason-- I'm guessing it's a big spoiler for the story--
and it's possible that they could also play a prominent role in MP as well.

Just finished listening to the Playstation Blogcast #74 and there is an interesting hint regarding the Multiplayer of The Last of Us. They got to interview Ricky Cambier and Erick Pangilinan, Game Designer and Art Director at Naughty Dog.

"Take all these things we were talking about, this pressure to survive, this high mortality, these limited resources, this crafting, these upgrades - and now go head-to-head with somebody else"

@59:54 mark
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/17/playstation-blogcast-074-a-pre-e3-spelunking/

Gun Animal

What else would it be? ND doesn't make single player DLC.

see

Update: We received another tip from PSLS reader, Shane, who works at GameStop. He lists the contents as including 3 story expansions, recovery speed-ups, faster reload speeds, costumes, and more, with a cost of $19.99. 

first time for everything i guess. I didn't really like uncharted, I was planning on getting TLoU because I need some survival-horror in my life and Mikami's next game is too far away. If the put pieces of the story behind a paywall though, that's officially the point where I'm no longer willing to spend 60 bucks on the thing. I will spend 30 in a few months or full-price whenever they release a GOTY version in that case.

edit: if it's content they haven't even finished or started working on yet, that's different. I have no problem with stuff like the Dark Souls expansion because you can tell that they hadn't even started working on it until awhile after the core game was released.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Update: We received another tip from PSLS reader, Shane, who works at GameStop. He lists the contents as including 3 story expansions, recovery speed-ups, faster reload speeds, costumes, and more, with a cost of $19.99. 

http://www.*************************/2013/05/27/the-last-of-us-season-pass-pops-up-in-gamestops-system-has-june-14th-release-date/

Cool if true
Those 2 sound like f2p style microtransactions... : /

I hope they announce details soon cause I really don't like the idea of them charging for boosters on a $60 game that has a season pass/DLC.

I'm not buying the game because of MP so I really don't give a damn about the season pass. I was under the impression most here were in the same boat.

Skab

Cancelling my pre-order. I'll still get it if the season pass turns out to be just some multiplayer bullshit.

Seems like an overreaction.

I'm not buying the game because of MP so I really don't give a damn about the season pass. I was under the impression most here were in the same boat.

Not sure why you would think that. Gaf generally seems to be quite hyped for the game. Why would MP stop you from buying it? No one is forcing you to play MP.

Seems like an overreaction.

Not sure why you would think that. Gaf generally seems to be quite hyped for the game. Why would MP stop you from buying it? No one is forcing you to play MP.

I probably didn't phrase that well, sorry. What I mean is I'm buying the game because of the SP like most gaf and I doubt the season pass or the dlc are related to it.

I predict some of your enemies in the Single Player game are actually controlled by real people online. You will not know who is real, and who is Computer AI.

In the Single Player game, your enemies controlled by other people online will only try to impede your progress. You will not get any specific stats for killing these "real" people during your single player game.

However, if you are playing as one of the enemies, you have all types of statics such as, how many supplies were used to fight you, how many times you killed the main characters, how much damage you have inflicted on the main characters, etc. You and other enemies can group up, work solo, etc. You will either spawn as the Infected, or other humans who may or may not have weapons.

If you kill one of the main characters, you are able to loot their gear, weapons, supplies, etc. That gear is then carried over to your next match, where you will randomly be inserted into a different persons single player game. Now, if the main characters defeat you, they will get all your gear you accumulated from other games.

This would be pretty cool in my opinion, for a different angle on online play.

The_Monk

I'm just curious to see Multiplayer at this point.

I don't want to see nothing from the Single Player so I can see it all by myself but I would be okay with some Multiplayer.

I predict some of your enemies in the Single Player game are actually controlled by real people online. You will not know who is real, and who is Computer AI.

In the Single Player game, your enemies controlled by other people online will only try to impede your progress. You will not get any specific stats for killing these "real" people during your single player game.

However, if you are playing as one of the enemies, you have all types of statics such as, how many supplies were used to fight you, how many times you killed the main characters, how much damage you have inflicted on the main characters, etc. You and other enemies can group up, work solo, etc. You will either spawn as the Infected, or other humans who may or may not have weapons.

If you kill one of the main characters, you are able to loot their gear, weapons, supplies, etc. That gear is then carried over to your next match, where you will randomly be inserted into a different persons single player game. Now, if the main characters defeat you, they will get all your gear you accumulated from other games.

This would be pretty cool in my opinion, for a different angle on online play.

Some sort of Demon's/Dark Souls(ish) online then. It sounds fucking great. I am hoping this would be true.

Some sort of Demon's/Dark Souls(ish) online then. It sounds fucking great. I am hoping this would be true.

That was my first thought when I heard of MP in this game, I even tweeted that idea to Druckman. Would be awesome. Doesn't seem like that will be the case though unfortunately.

Hanmik

Season pass to include single-player story content, day-one upgrades; multiplayer mode being revealed soon.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-last-of-us-season-pass-detailed-6408991

Available as individual packs or as a discounted season pass for US$19.99, day-one perks add increased in-game crafting speed, faster healing, a 9mm pistol reload speed upgrade, and a rifle clip capacity upgrade. A 90-minute making-of documentary video, titled "Grounded", is also included.

The first DLC pack, which marks the developer's debut making post-launch single-player content, will arrive once the game is on sale and will focus on story. “The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration, and we’ve got more of the story to tell,” said Naughty Dog community strategist, Eric Monacelli.

The two remaining packs will each add additional multiplayer maps and other unspecified "expansions". While multiplayer for the game was confirmed late last year, and the developer has said it is the "best ever conceived", no specifics have been detailed. Monacelli said that the developer would reveal the information about the mode in the coming days.

KOHIPEET

I wonder why the MP of this haven't been shown off yet. I find it a bit strange. Maybe the MP part will see a release on PS4? Not that the PS3 version wouldn't be great. It's just strange.

Pop

While the season pass epidemic is currently going on, it's absolutely perfect if you planned on buying all the dlc anyway. It does save you money. But then again you can't predict what's coming with dlc.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
"day-one perks add increased in-game crafting speed, faster healing, a 9mm pistol reload speed upgrade, and a rifle clip capacity upgrade"

Eat shit naughty dog.

Card Boy

Banned
Didn't ND shit on everybody last time with their Season Pass for Uncharted 3? They where basically all Uncharted 2 stuff.

Mind you this is a different game and series but if the sun rises every day, doesn't logic tell us it will rise again tomorrow?

Top Bottom