• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us (Naughty Dog): Hold One Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

Any chance we'll get some new media today? I really really wanna see some gameplay but think it might be too early to show.
I want to see gameplay more than anything else, but I agree with you, they'll slow roll this stuff since it's not out for another while.

alundra

Neo Member
HRtc6.jpg

bave.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Any chance we'll get some new media today? I really really wanna see some gameplay but think it might be too early to show.

It's been in development since Uncharted 2 came out. They could show something if they wanted to but they'll probably wait until it's a bit more polished.

Raoh

I hope to god that there's no Move shit in this game. Actually, I'd be fine with it as long as it's completely optional like Resistance 3/Killzone 3, etc.

If its optional, I'm in, if its not, well, its Naughty Dog, got to at least see what they will do with it before slamming it.

I think at this point we all have to accept that Move/Kinect/Wii motion is here to stay, it may be fragmented now but expect it to be in almost every game in some form come next gen.

Motion games don't bother me at all, bad motion games do.

THE:MILKMAN

TTP is @ Naughty Dog today?

He mentioned he was meeting them. A sign of Move support perhaps? Not sure they'd fly out the guy behind the premier internets Move website otherwise (?)

edit - or maybe TTP is there in another capacity...

Good call! Especially in light of what ND did with inviting Gaffers down to tweek Uncharted 3's controls.

Loudninja

What was his post? I don't get why they'd call all that press to show them more cutscenes/trailers, really. They'll have to divulge some gameplay information at least.

oh hai.

we won't be saying much now for a while. just wante to get it all out there before we burst from pent up anticipation and excitement.
This is one from the ND forums
I just wanted to compile the info that was released - rather than just linking everyone to the news or media.

We're keeping mum on just about everything for a now.
http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/NEWS-The-Last-of-Us-announcement-info/td-p/719193

I do hope we get something.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'm not representing iWaggle3D. I'm here on behalf of another publication (I do freelance stuff) but will ask about Move support regardless. I guess 3D is in tho. I mean, Uncharted 3 does it so I don't see why TLOU shouldn't as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not representing iWaggle3D. I'm here on behalf of another publication (I do freelance stuff) but will ask about Move support regardless. I guess 3D is in tho. I mean, Uncharted 3 does it so I don't see why TLOU shouldn't as well.

Cool. If they don't openly say it can you ask what the infected are going to be called? I'm curious as to what the name will be.

It's not like Move support means a game has *mandatory* Move controls or that the standard controls will be somehow deprecated. Move support didn't in any way make Resistance 3 a worse experience for me.

It's not like Move support means a game has *mandatory* Move controls or that the standard controls will be somehow deprecated. Move support didn't in any way make Resistance 3 a worse experience for me.

A sensible post in a reveal thread? Man, this can not be reality.

Move controls aren't confirmed? Weren't there flashlight videos leaked? I thought the whole point was that The Last Of Us was a move only game

Anyway, still waiting on that great move only game to pick up the controller. Its nice that many games have the option but if the game works with my current controller I'll just save the $50 and buy a game instead

Off topic but isn't Sorcery info hitting this month? I hope that looks impressive

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cool. If they don't openly say it can you ask what the infected are going to be called? I'm curious as to what the name will be.

Nice question! Will do.

I just hope they do realize that adding Move support doesn't necessarily mean adding waggling to the game. It's not like you waggle in InFamous 2 after all.

Just give me an on-screen pointer to move around with my wrist and I'll be happy. :D

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You mean first person no? and I agree.

It's what most of the people here have been saying about it. Would be a shame for them to hide their great animations.

Lol. Yeah, thanks for the catch! I meant that I don't think it will be a first person shooter.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nice question! Will do.

I just hope they do realize that adding Move support doesn't necessarily mean adding waggling to the game. It's not like you waggle in InFamous 2 after all.

Just give me an on-screen pointer to move around with my wrist and I'll be happy. :D

Awesome. Thanks

I really need to play inFamous 2 and Resistance 3 with Move. I2 didn't have them when I played it and I played the beta of R3 so much that I was just too used to the DS3. KZ2 was amazing with Move though. Never played it without it. If Last of Us has Move support it won't be mandatory. All the other games with Move support have played great with DS3s so there's no need to worry about that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Move controls aren't confirmed? Weren't there flashlight videos leaked? I thought the whole point was that The Last Of Us was a move only game

Anyway, still waiting on that great move only game to pick up the controller. Its nice that many games have the option but if the game works with my current controller I'll just save the $50 and buy a game instead

Off topic but isn't Sorcery info hitting this month? I hope that looks impressive

Any link to this? Sounds like it could be really effective if done right.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Awesome. Thanks

I really need to play inFamous 2 and Resistance 3 with Move. I2 didn't have them when I played it and I played the beta of R3 so much that I was just too used to the DS3. KZ2 was amazing with Move though. Never played it without it. If Last of Us has Move support it won't be mandatory. All the other games with Move support have played great with DS3s so there's no need to worry about that.

Does Killzone still have that nasty gigantic cartoon reticle when playing with move?

It's funny... I have MOVE and all of these supported games, but have never tried it once other than Sports Champions or whatever..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does Killzone still have that nasty gigantic cartoon reticle when playing with move?

It's funny... I have MOVE and all of these supported games, but have never tried it once other than Sports Champions or whatever..

Yeah, the reticle is pretty nasty. It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't yellow. Still, it played flawlessly with it and I think is the main reason I enjoyed KZ3 more than 2. It was so much fun once I got the settings where I liked them.

WinFonda

Looking at this thread's views/activity etc... I believe it has nearly as much as the pre-reveal hype thread. Geoff vindicated.

The combat in Uncharted is OBJECTIVELY shitty, but who cares?

Haven't used this gif in awhile, seems appropriate.

LOLAndruw.gif

I hope to god that there's no Move shit in this game. Actually, I'd be fine with it as long as it's completely optional like Resistance 3/Killzone 3, etc.

I don't want it even if it's optional because I don't want that ugly ass sticker on the box. And yes, I have Move and the Navigational thing. If they offer a printable cover without that ugliness, then I won't oppose to it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TTP mention to ND that if they decide on MOVE support... not having a gross reticle for those of us who aren't blind would be great.

Globox_82

Banned

LOLAndruw.gif

I don't want it even if it's optional because I don't want that ugly ass sticker on the box. And yes, I have Move and the Navigational thing. If they offer a printable cover without that ugliness, then I won't oppose to it.

So true

Loudninja

gif

My head hurts so so much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

and those goddamn warning screens every boot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Until-Dawn-3-e1316122179412.png

Until-Dawn1.png

MoveFlashlight04.jpg

It's propably dead at this point.

That looks really awesome though. They should make it as minimal as possible. Have guns, but only a handful of ammo similar to RE1. Focus on top notch visuals and it would be an incredible experience.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

LOLAndruw.gif

A reversible cover like Resistance 3's would be great.

Globox_82

Banned
Well there is a girl on that last pic sitting on those stairs. I pray to God that is not TLOU. First person, ugh cringe. Don't do this to me ND

yeah.... no....

I don't see the resemblance at all!

As others mentioned, Ellen Page with Ashley voice.
Mystery solved!

If you really look though, she does have the same freckles across the nose thing going on, and her nose looks a bit more like the character than ellen page's nose. The nostril's are rounder instead of tear-dropped like Ellen's. Then again, could just be the camera angle or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom