• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us (Naughty Dog): Hold One Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett2

Very polished trailer, and any kind of semi-realistic post apocalypse setting is rad in my book. But.... zombies? Would be drastically more interesting if all enemies were desperate humans, but whatev.

tumblr_lw2ny2Oz4a1r6n696o1_500.jpg

Yeah... not going there again.

bengraven

Wow, this looks great. Might try and convince someone with a PS3 to buy it so I can play.

Thank you.

When I first started reading the Ellen Page stuff I was dying to post this to stop the insanity. Unfortunately I was finishing up a ban so we had to suffer through a few dozen pages of it :p

In fall fairness, she looks incredibly similar to Ellen as well. I think they combined the two. Wouldn't be out of the question to base "Ellie" on Ellen Paige.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm going to do that. They basically showed so much from Uncharted 3 before release, and I really don't want this game spoiled for me as well.

I think I will be going on a media black out for this game too. It will be my first ever.

I honestly think that my exposure to Uncharted 3 was too much and it hurt my experience a bit.

Well then I guess we can scold one another if we see each other's posts in future threads!

Ricky_R

hahaha

Had to laugh at the spoiler.

However, people would probably ask about the image and it would've turned into a spoiler anyway.

starting to get the feeling Naughty dog made a huge mistake having a teen girl in this game...... I just know creepy gaf is going to ruin this character for me before release.

also really impressed with the facial animation in this part and when he has his eyes closed.
tumblr_lw2050drW91qbencko4_250.gif

inky

DUDE THAT's A SPOILER! Remove it. Not everyone has played U3 yet!

Thanks mate, I look forward to finding about it out now in U3 instead of just, you know, shrugging it off as some kid I didn't know.

In your defence, it is pretty obvious :p

Donos

She looks like 95% like Ellen Page to me. Just saw Juno a month ago. This other chick?? uhm no resemblance in my eyes.

starting to get the feeling Naughty dog made a huge mistake having a teen girl in this game...... I just know creepy gaf is going to ruin this character for me before release.

CreepyGAF only likes real chicks. FurryGAF will no doubt give her a tail and some cat ears on fan art though.

Her face will probably change by the time it releases since ND are known for slightly changing the looks of their characters. I hope they keep her the way she is though.

PokéKong

Make them limp, make them marathon runners in a "rage", put broccoli on their head, fill them with mind controlling parasites, mind controlling nanobots, call them fungal automatons, call them necromorphs, call them "those.... THINGS!", whatever you want to call them, they're still making another zombie game, another post-apocalyptic game.

I thought this crap was almost finally over, but it looks like I have to put up with people going nuts for games like this for a few more years.

A.R.K

Amazing amazing trailer and really excited that this is coming from ND. I mostly don't like Zombie games (or movies) because they are shitty immature games with non-sense stories mixed with lots of blood and gore just to have that shock factor. This looks more intelligent and hopefully will have a decent story and good gameplay since its ND.

Also WTF @ GAF getting all creepy and weird about the teenage girl. I hope ND does not go the route of Sucker Punch and start changing the girl's face because of insecure paranoid GAF and actually make her look weird/creepy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That crossover picture makes me so sad.
Someone should point out that Drake is long dead by the time Ellie comes around.

Also I just realized that since the Uncharted series has come about I hold ND at the same level as Valve. I don't need to see anything more from this game until it's out since I know I'll love it. As soon as I get some gameplay footage I'm going to bail out so I can go in fresh [and avoid CreepyGAF's fawning over Ellie until the game hits[/spoiler]

patsu

Heh heh, if the community take her and run in all sorts of direction, it is probably a "good" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom