• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us (Naughty Dog): Hold One Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired of these shitty, bad framerate, black and white gifs from Tumblr

but...but...it's ellen page!

tumblr_lrdd3gFK2r1r0341p.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jeez, what happened do this thread? Hey ND fanboys, what's wrong with you? I guess that fanboys will always be fanboys...

Gaf is where fringes shout across the middle at each other.

I think the minimalist music I've heard in the teasers and trailer has been better than the graphics

I honestly only notice music when it's used really well... and it was great here. Really stood out.

I love when the walking dead music kicks in during the opening of the show... and is similarly eerie.

Angry Fork

Agreed. I wasn't really impressed with the trailer, but the level of negativity here is confounding.

There's negativity in the thread because of the lack of gameplay or any meaningful info. Just another cutscene trailer and people are tired of that shit. When it comes to shitty Star Wars games nobody cares but people care about Naughty Dog and they want more than what we got at the VGA's.

As for the ex-Ninja Theory employee hate that's just hyperbole-gaf having fun.

Really obvious I Am Legend influence, but it looks awesome nonetheless. Really excited to see how this turns out.

So today is a press day as in there will be new video? Or new details and junk?
Or do we have no idea yet

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The trailer looks nice. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays.

And the less involved anyone from Enslaved is in this project, the better.

Globox_82

Banned
what? since when? did Sony invent a cloning machine or something? I'm pretty damn surprised yesterday when I suddenly hear we got new AAA team out of nowhere when ND said they got 2 full team.

On this BR episode John Hight Director of Product Development SSM talks about how they are atm 105 man team but they are going to expand really fast into a 200 man team where they have 1,5 team. One is working on a next game, 0.5 is prototyping next big thing. he also mentions new IP in the future. Job listings indicate at new IP, actually it says "Unannounced NEW IP". Watch it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/502?ch=3

monome

Trailer was too much I Am Legend, so it sours the game for me so far. Hope to hear and see something that will impress me though.

Uncharted tech in a non Uncharted game? ND taking a chance at survival horror? A chance at having a not-a-shooter gameplay mechanic in a ND game? A new cinematic AAA franchise?

See, you're good to go.

There is no originality these days, every topic has been covered in books, movies, comics, etc.

This man is a herald of Truth.

Evolved1

There's negativity in the thread because of the lack of gameplay or any meaningful info. Just another cutscene trailer and people are tired of that shit. When it comes to shitty Star Wars games nobody cares but people care about Naughty Dog and they want more than what we got at the VGA's.

It was the best trailer of the VGA's... most others showed pure CG or especially underwhelming "gameplay".

They actually showed quite a bit more than most devs/publishers reveal in an announcement.

Shit, most announcements are just short paragraph-long articles on gaming sites.

Additionally, we got the spectacle of surprise. However they kept this secret... that was a pretty awesome reveal. Totally unexpected. Every year we want something like that at E3 and every year it's either AWOL or spoiled days before.

When I saw Naughty Dog title it was like being instantly glued to the screen with "wtf no way!"

Globox_82

Banned
Really obvious I Am Legend influence, but it looks awesome nonetheless. Really excited to see how this turns out.

So today is a press day as in there will be new video? Or new details and junk?
Or do we have no idea yet

Who gives a shit? Uncharted is Indiana Jones influenced, Tomb Rider influenced (many of ND guys worked for CD)

I only care about execution and the result. I don't give rats ass about so called originality. There is no originality these days, every topic has been covered in books, movies, comics, etc.

Ricky_R

I think I haven't seen a thread yet with so many people bringing up the same crap that was answered in almost all pages.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Evolved1

lol me too, can't wait what will they will do to the survival, post apocalyptic setting just like what Uncharted series did on its genre

I hope they chose the right scene for the reveal... considering it might be some time before the public sees actual gameplay.

Leaves quite a lot of room for speculation and building false hopes. Something many games can never get off their backs later on.

For instance... anyone picking apart the trailer might be inclined to believe the game is designed around ammo scarcity, given the girls excitement to find three unspent rounds.

But if the game ends up being a shooter... I don't know... I could see that disappointing people.

Angry Fork

It was the best trailer of the VGA's... most others showed pure CG or especially underwhelming "gameplay".

They actually showed quite a bit more than most devs/publishers reveal in an announcement.

Shit, most announcements are just short paragraph-long articles on gaming sites.

Additionally, we got the spectacle of surprise. However they kept this secret... that was a pretty awesome reveal. Totally unexpected. Every year we want something like that at E3 and every year it's either AWOL or spoiled days before.

When I saw Naughty Dog title it was like being instantly glued to the screen with "wtf no way!"

Someone already found a tease in Uncharted 3 before the reveal. It wasn't surprising to me to think Naughty Dog would have a hand in the game at least. I'm just not moved by these kinds of trailers anymore and just because everyone else does it doesn't mean NG should get a free pass.

Rockstar shows gameplay, Irrational shows gameplay, a few other devs as well even on first time reveals. There's no excuse, these guys supposedly have been working on the game for 2 years, grow some balls and put together a short gameplay compilation and some basic info so people can know what the game is.

Who gives a shit? Uncharted is Indiana Jones influenced, Tomb Rider influenced (many of ND guys worked for CD)

I only care about execution and the result. I don't give rats ass about so called originality. There is no originality these days, every topic has been covered in books, movies, comics, etc.

Never said it was necessarily a bad thing. Just stating the obvious. I never even said anything about how original it'll be. No idea is original; I agree.

Ithil

Trailer was too much I Am Legend, so it sours the game for me so far. Hope to hear and see something that will impress me though.

Is there an abundance of games that looks like I Am Legend, or something?

I mean, it wasn't a great movie, but it's still a good premise.

Hyuga

Banned

Yep, me too.
I thought another studio name will follow and Naughty Dog will just oversee it (like SSM).
But then.... BAM! Naughty Dog has two teams now ^^

THE:MILKMAN

On this BR episode John Hight Director of Product Development SSM talks about how they are atm 105 man team but they are going to expand really fast into a 200 man team where they have 1,5 team. One is working on a next game, 0.5 is prototyping next big thing. he also mentions new IP in the future. Job listings indicate at new IP, actually it says "Unannounced NEW IP". Watch it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/502?ch=3

I found it interesting too. Worldwide studios seem to be adopting the ND way of making games but expanding it with bigger teams of 150-200 people.

Exciting times ahead me thinks.

Globox_82

Banned
Yep, me too.
I thought another studio name will follow and Naughty Dog will just oversee it (like SSM).
But then.... BAM! Naughty Dog has two teams now ^^

my stream froze, so I lost that feeling. I saw here or on n4g that it was next ND title. Bummer I love when I get "shocked" like that.

Evolved1

Someone already found a tease in Uncharted 3 before the reveal. It wasn't surprising to me to think Naughty Dog would have a hand in the game at least.

Then you are different than most. Even after TTP discovered the easter egg... most of us believed it was only confirmation of a Sony first party. Likely SSM.

Afterall, ND would need like... an entire other team to dev simultaneous games, and that's not likely....

surprise!

Hyuga

Banned
my stream froze, so I lost that feeling. I saw here or on n4g that it was next ND title. Bummer I love when I get "shocked" like that.

It was really a shocker. The "ND has two teams" story was the main shocker for me,
because it means we will see more Naughty Dog games in the future (PS3/4) ^_^
So we don't have to wait 2 or 3 years for one game ;)

Meier

Enslaved sold like shit. I refuse to believe even half the people on here talking garbage about it even played the damn thing.

There is no way someone could have played it for any length of time and not found many positive things to say about it. Great combat, incredible animation, awesome performance by Andy Serkis. This is absurd.

Then you are different than most. Even after TTP discovered the easter egg... most of us believed it was only confirmation of a Sony first party. Likely SSM.

Afterall, ND would need like... an entire other team to dev simultaneous games, and that's not likely....

surprise!

that was so nice, next time it happen I hope during E3 when we got trailer and SSM logo appear, we expect GoW4 then they actually make new IP instead. that'd be nice

or, shortly after Uncharted Golden Abyss is launched, they reveal Bend also got 2nd team and is making Syphon Filter.

Hyuga

Banned
Enslaved sold like shit. I refuse to believe even half the people on here talking garbage about it even played the damn thing.

There is no way someone could have played it for any length of time and not found many positive things to say about it. Great combat, incredible animation, awesome performance by Andy Serkis. This is absurd.

LINK

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

I did play it. Horrendous combat and everything else, save facial animation and voice acting.

delta25

Banned
Mark Richard Davies @Ninjafr4me 4 hrs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hmm reading the hate about yourself on NeoGaf is a tad depressing. Oh well - the game is going to be awesome :D

You guys are asses :(

As I said before, damned it ya do and damned if ya don't. I think the man needs to take solace in knowing that 99% of the negativity towards him and enslaved have no fucking clue what there talking about.

Mark Richard Davies @Ninjafr4me 4 hrs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hmm reading the hate about yourself on NeoGaf is a tad depressing. Oh well - the game is going to be awesome :D

You guys are asses :(

All I said was thank God he is not a lead designer, which I'm still thankful for. Enslaved demo kinda blew and turned me off the game completely. Not saying the guy is not capable and competent and able to design clever and smart levels, but he has to prove it in a couple of games if he wants to get that title in a Top 5 development studio like Naughty Dog is.

NeoUltima

As I said before, damned it ya do and damned if ya don't. I think the man needs to take solace in knowing that 99% of the negativity towards him and enslaved have no fucking clue what there talking about.

I just assume the NT hate stems from DmC reboot.

All I said was thank God he is not a lead designer, which I'm still thankful for. Enslaved demo kinda blew and turned me off the game completely. Not saying the guy is not capable and competent and able to design clever and smart levels, but he has to prove it in a couple of games if he wants to get that title in a Top 5 development studio like Naughty Dog is.

Not speaking for anyone here, but I have a feeling this is what's making people upset.
You can't really gauge a full product or someone's abilities off of a demo.

It's really unfair.

elohel

how about we wait and not make any irrational remarks over stuff we don't know yet guys?

cmon has naughty dog put out a game so putrid you refused to play through it?

why would they do it now? seems kinda crazy to be getting so pissy so early on no?

how about we wait and not make any irrational remarks over stuff we don't know yet guys?

cmon has naughty dog put out a game so putrid you refused to play through it?

why would they do it now? seems kinda crazy to be getting so pissy so early on no?

thisisneogafdude.gif

I've been trying to be nice for the last few years, but recently between the Walking Dead-End and its clones and 80% of the indie game market, I'm finally convinced zombies have completely replaced anime as the cruise-control-to-cool creative abyss of this generation.

I regretfully agree that the characters and environments are very reminiscent of Enslaved. Before Uncharted 3's story I'd have had confidence that ND wouldn't have an ending where someone says "you don't have schools, you have zombies", but now I'm not so sure.

The only way this announcement could interest me less is if rather than having a Michelle Rodriguez type female lead, they went the Trip from Enslaved or Zoe from LFD route.

Oh wait.

Edit: Going to be nice and not saying anything bad about the casting. Yet.

iceatcs

Probably later this week at the earliest. And that's assuming that some magazine (Game Informer?) doesn't grab an exclusive for it.
Maybe nothing but I do remember the date on the latest old update (tree background) of Lastofus.com before completely change the website.
The date were change from 12.8.11 to 12.13.11 when the 3rd video added.

Raoh

If people can get excited over another plain old COD and Gears they can get excited over a new Naughty Dog Game.

At least ND actually makes advances in their games.

As for zombies infected, I can never get enough. Mind you I skipped Dead Island and never liked or bought anther CoD and CoD zombies were not necessary.

I was tired of aliens but that didn't stop people from getting excited over anther gears and mass effect or halo. I'm tired of them but I know fans are not, the difference is you wont find me in gears/cod/halo forums/threads. Don't like zombies/infected or naughty dog? Don't post in those threads, let us fans enjoy it. Personally I need/want more zombie/infected movies/games/comics, can't get enough.

Saying its enough is like saying there are too many bleach tv shows. Anyone tired of it were never really fans of the genre but of a specific show/game only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom