• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us new DLC livestream (PS3/PS4)

SSReborn

upuejm.gif

She caught a shot in her head for that. lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah. I hope they've balanced the new weapons well. My mind is still blown by their dividing of the playerbase so soon after release though.

especially after one of their purchasing points was a unified player base

hopefully they pull a GG and make them free

That makes no sense at all. :/

yeah... i was looking forward to this way more before that news

anyone got gifs of the scoped stuff?

Reule

I believe I read somewhere that if you've purchased the Season Pass and or the original DLC on PS3 then you'll be able to download it from the PS4. I wish it was just on the disc because there are like a million of those country hats on top of everything else.

New map so far looks good and it does remind me of Checkpoint a little bit.

Amazing.

So has anything been announced other than 'new maps'? I see them using new weapons so I assume theres a few of those. Do we know how many maps are new? Any new perks? We have a new taunt. Any other info?

Hubb

So has anything been announced other than 'new maps'? I see them using new weapons so I assume theres a few of those. Do we know how many maps are new? Any new perks? We have a new taunt. Any other info?

Seems like new maps, hats/facemasks, and weapons. Not sure about perks. I tuned in late.

especially after one of their purchasing points was a unified player base

hopefully they pull a GG and make them free

yeah... i was looking forward to this way more before that news

anyone got gifs of the scoped stuff?

Put the taunts behind microtransactions if you must, but leave the player pool alone.

It just seems really greedy to release this ultimate version which promises all the maps/content, and then make even more DLC that seriously affects your experience (as seen from the stream).

Since they didn't clarify it, I assume they do indeed wish to charge.

Also, the scoped weapons turns me off completely from the MP. Weapon balance was something they had right from the start with this game, and any changes were carefully debated on the forums... These scoped weapons seem to change a whole lot of the gameplay, and it's worrying

Put the taunts behind microtransactions if you must, but leave the player pool alone.

It just seems really greedy to release this ultimate version which promises all the maps/content, and then make even more DLC that seriously affects your experience (as seen from the stream).

Also, the scoped weapons turns me off completely from the MP. Weapon balance was something they had right from the start with this game, and any changes were carefully debated on the forums... These scoped weapons seem to change a whole lot of the gameplay, and it's worrying

Agreed, if it was free they would have clearly stated so already.

Pretty much couldn't have said it better myself.

Those weapons could really ruin the MP. Why must ND always ruin the great balance in their MP games.

Darknight

Free maps follow the GG's influence.

It wont happen. GG got alot of shit even when they did offer free maps. Gamers bitching they didnt get free modes or extra character classes from the season pass possibly left a bad taste onto Devs. If only the entitled could stop ruining us the good stuff.

Let say ND offers maps for free to all and makes other clothes etc for pay, people would still complain they arent getting everything free. Fuck this mentality.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Remaster has all the current DLC. Don't see how they can include future DLC without a time machine. It is disappointing if it isn't included in the PS3 season pass though - that's kind of the point of investing in a season pass, having more DLC afterwards is off.

As for weapons..well the comments about the MP are incredibly favourable, so how about we give ND the benefit of the doubt on this one? While there might be less recoil, you also have a reduced field of view and forced magnification, compromising your close in use

I wouldn't worry about the scoped weapons, which severely affect your FOV and make you susceptible to shiving and flanking especially.

Shaking my head at new maps though, we didn't even need any more - Financial District didn't even look that memorable.

im fine with paid dlc as long as its clear they've worked on it after having completed everything to do with the main game.

also from what i saw, didn't seem like scope was unbalancing things. Like everything else it has its own set of pros and cons. Will have to really dig in to it though to know for sure.

Darknight

Paid DLC maps is so stupid ND. Man I hope they're free. I'm happy to pay for new weapons and other stuff, but no maps!

Maybe so but they have been working on these maps on the side and wasnt part of the PS4 port. I believe ND are in their right to charge for new maps. Will it split the community? Maybe but then again, would you rather they make no new maps at all?

Im guessing there still be will a Game of The Year PS4 version with everything down the line. (2015 GOTY - 3 years in a row?)

With the content that is has now for $50 (and less as time passes) ND can charge all they want and keep making their maps. Im content with the current product they will release next week. There will be plenty playing the current maps so I dont get the fear of the new maps.

I wouldn't worry about the scoped weapons, which severely affect your FOV and make you susceptible to shiving and flanking especially.

Shaking my head at new maps though, we didn't even need any more - Financial District didn't even look that memorable.

That is a good point, there is an awful lot of cover in this game so it's not like the scoped weapons are unbeatable. At the same time, they do look extremely strong in all other circumstances.

Maybe so but they have been working on these maps on the side and wasnt part of the PS4 port. I believe ND are in their right to charge for new maps. Will it split the community? Maybe but then again, would you rather they make no new maps at all?

Im guessing there still be will a Game of The Year PS4 version with everything down the line. (2015 GOTY - 3 years in a row?)

With the content that is has now for $50 (and less as time passes) ND can charge all they want and keep making their maps. Im content with the current product they will release next week. There will be plenty playing the current maps so I dont get the fear of the new maps.

Yes I'd rather they make no new maps at all. There's 15 on the disc, that's more than enough variety. I'd prefer for that to be it and get to enjoy a consolidated player pool.

There's "plenty" playing the PS3 version right now. One of the main reason I'm upgrading is not to deal with this BS. You saw it right there on the stream, how friggin awkward.

Darknight

Yes I'd rather they make no new maps at all. There's 15 on the disc, that's more than enough variety. I'd prefer for that to be it and get to enjoy a consolidated player pool.

There's "plenty" playing the PS3 version right now. One of the main reason I'm upgrading is not to deal with this BS. You saw it right there on the stream, how friggin awkward.

Fair enough but I feel not having a "season pass" or something like it on PS4 might hurt the new maps. Like if they keep making new maps, PS3 owners with the Season Pass will get them for "free" while PS4 players will need to keep paying. Whatever happens, I hope the prices are fair and not $15 for the 2 maps + items.

Hubb

Fair enough but I feel not having a "season pass" or something like it on PS4 might hurt the new maps. Like if they keep making new maps, PS3 owners with the Season Pass will get them for "free" while PS4 players will need to keep paying. Whatever happens, I hope the prices are fair and not $15 for the 2 maps + items.

If ND's pricing on DLC in the past means anything. Prepared to be disappointed.

charging for maps needs to go period. Charge for some cosmetic stuff, i don't care but dont split up communities, it's so dumb and unhealthy for your game!

charging for maps needs to go period. Charge for some cosmetic stuff, i don't care but dont split up communities, it's so dumb and unhealthy for your game!

If it's like 5 bucks for 2 maps, I don't mind. If it's like 10 or 15, then fuck off. I wish more would do what KZ Shadow Fall did.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If you have the Season Pass on PS3 the cosmetic items will carry over. On the off chance that this winds up being included in season pass content, you could just buy that.

Top Bottom