• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

A.Romero

I never expected anything less from ND. As always, they have their own style and a lot of people like it, others don't. They clearly made this game with the first ones in mind.

It will be a success but I think this time the competition for game of the generation is tougher.

Can't wait. It will probably be my last PS4 game and Cyberpunk will probably be my last game this year.

Azurro

Banned
If you get this triggered looking through the past ND threads, then I can see why you're triggered to see two women kissing in this game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Don't like it? It doesn't matter. It's just funny that you need to keep telling people that you don't want this game.

I don't know, you get triggered when you see people complaining about this game. Are you a paid shill? Or are you just a creepy dude?

Lol I was skipping through the video watching bits here and there and my gf walked past and asked who is this skinny teenage boy, why aren't we playing Ellie? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also Imagine you're supposedly hallmark game is so poorly received you had to disable comments and the like/dislikes every time you try and show it off :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Clown world my friends, clown world.

shubik

Lol I was skipping through the video watching bits here and there and my gf walked past and asked who is this skinny teenage boy, why aren't we playing Ellie? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also Imagine you're supposedly hallmark game is so poorly received you had to disable comments and the like/dislikes every time you try and show it off :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

The comments and likes are off so that cunts don´t spoil the game for people who are eagerly awaiting it... What exactly makes this a clown world?

Edit: also: since when are likes or comments on a youtube video a representative KPI if a game flops or succeeds? This game will not only receive outstanding reviews but will also sell like hotcakes. Some fragile minds brigading every video doesn't mean anything in the real world

Last edited:

I can feel your insecurity from here.

jimbojim

Banned
o7qV6ua.jpg

EZDmQvrWkAIDZ4_

Yep.

Last year :

oKJj1Bs.jpg

Yesterday

sobaka770

Banned
You do realise that it was disabled to reduce the amount of trolling and spoilers being thrown in the chat/comments, right?

The game is the most preordered thing for PS4 maybe ever, it'll do just fine even without a purchase of an ever smaller bitter group of people who don't know that gay people exist and it's a normal thing and it doesn't always define the rest of the story. The world has moved on, and there's nothing wrong with a female protagonist especially since we know Ellie is hardened by the world she lives in. In fact most ND females are quite capable but I don't remember the backlash to Chloe for example.

And let's face it, you kinda asked for it when everyone started comparing Ellie with Ellen Page - Naughty Dog went full steam ahead on that comparison. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GymWolf

Mortal Kombat violence is just silly, doesn’t have the impact the far more realistic and dramatic violence of TLOU2 has. Not even close.
I think rdr2 is the only game that come close to this level of realistic violence full of details.

shubik

You do realise that it was disabled to reduce the amount of trolling and spoilers being thrown in the chat/comments, right?

The game is the most preordered thing for PS4 maybe ever, it'll do just fine even without a purchase of an ever smaller bitter group of people who don't know that gay people exist and it's a normal thing and it doesn't always define the rest of the story. The world has moved on, and there's nothing wrong with a female protagonist especially since we know Ellie is hardened by the world she lives in. In fact most ND females are quite capable but I don't remember the backlash to Chloe for example.

And let's face it, you kinda asked for it when everyone started comparing Ellie with Ellen Page - Naughty Dog went full steam ahead on that comparison. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Absolutely agree. Ellie was a lesbian in the first part. I mean play the DLC. It was clear from the beginning. And regarding her physical appearance. I mean just from a story point of view it makes sense. If you would grow up in such a hostile world where everything kills you, it only makes sense to work on your body. That being said, I don´t think she looks overly manly or masculine whatsoever.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I remember seing that discussion play out every time there was a jump in graphic realism.

First we had "Doom and Mortal Kombat era" sprite based violence.
Then we entered the "3D violence phase", guess Soldier of Counterstrike/GTA3 are good examples.
Looks like now we are getting "4K violence". TLOU2 has a good chance of being discussed in that way.

Now it's been a while (IIRC) that mainstream media talked about violence in a video game.
Probably because the ultra-violent stuff has moved to the AA and Indie space.
Can't remember the last hyped, marketed AAA game that had extreme violence as a defining factor.

CoD, GTA and RDR2 sure were violent, but it was also "not personal" in a sense.
TLOU2 really shows you the grimace of people getting stabbed in the throat.
Days gone was very violent and personal, and some cutscene are pretty heavy.

The comments and likes are off so that cunts don´t spoil the game for people who are eagerly awaiting it... What exactly makes this a clown world?

Edit: also: since when are likes or comments on a youtube video a representative KPI if a game flops or succeeds? This game will not only receive outstanding reviews but will also sell like hotcakes. Some fragile minds brigading every video doesn't mean anything in the real world

I'm not gonna argue with you as to why a company would want a positive like/dislike ratio on any social platform. "Arguing with a fool..." etc.

I can feel your insecurity from here.

I can smell your dry vagina from here.

shubik

I'm not gonna argue with you as to why a company would want a positive like/dislike ratio on any social platform. "Arguing with a fool..." etc.

I can smell your dry vagina from here.
LOL you are pathetic. You really believe those like/dislike ratios will have any impact on the actual sales? Dude come on. How old are you? I do this marketing thing for a living. And you don´t even need to understand this whole thing to know this game will be a success either way. Gamers and forums like GAF really need to understand that the opinions reflected here are every niche and are not what is actually going on outside. But yeah... I´m the fool :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Your gf was expecting an ultra-thick ellie with giant boobs and ass in a game like tlou?:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

He still looks like a girl to me, what man has an haircut like that?
mabuJ5F.gif

nowhat

I wonder what the resolutions are gonna be like for base ps4 vs ps4 pro. More importantly, are there going to be differences in texture quality. If textures are the same and it's just a resolution hit then I'm cool with that.
A Pro has a whopping 0.5GB more memory available for games compared to the base model. You're not going to fit higher quality textures there.

recma12

Days gone was very violent and personal, and some cutscene are pretty heavy.

That's true, the melee gore was no joke.
Wasn't a blockbuster game though, at least not on the level of TLOU2.

I guess the last big "oh no, videogames are too violent" discussion was the torture scene in GTA5.
But I don't remember it being that big of a deal in mainstream media.

GymWolf

That's true, the melee gore was no joke.
Wasn't a blockbuster game though, at least not on the level of TLOU2.

I guess the last big "oh no, videogames are too violent" discussion was the torture scene in GTA5.
But I don't remember it being that big of a deal in mainstream media.
It was big enough, not gta big, but pretty big.

Tripla A from sony are always a big thing in general.

And some cutscene were far more brutal than the melee.

The melee was less brutal than something like dying light.

Dory16

Banned
I don't have an optician. I have 20/20 vision. You on the other hand need to get a refund from whoever you are seeing because you actually think TLOU2 on PS4 "has slightly cleaner graphics" than TLOU 1 - a PS3 game.
You’re aware that a remastered version came out and that it can be played on the pro right?

Jon Neu

Banned
Don't like it? It doesn't matter. It's just funny that you need to keep telling people that you don't want this game.

Harsh words coming from the man trying to convince the world that TLOU doesn’t have a political agenda even when the creator himself has already stated that his games have a political agenda based on the likes of Anita Sarkeesian.

Now you can’t even stand that someone voices more than once his opinion about not wanting to buy the game because of such agenda.

At this pathetic level reaches your damage control.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You have some weird obsession.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

New Official TLOU2 Video - "Inside The Gameplay | PS4" (PLEASE DON'T POST SPOILERS)

The Last of Us 2 Is 'Hands Down the Most Ambitious Game Naughty Dog Has Ever Made' - 'You Are Not Ready For TLOU 2' Says Troy Baker.

I think we understand that you don't want to get this game.
Lmao you would think that someone not interested in this game, would stop clicking on the threads but what do I know

Watched a bit of it. Too depressing for me. NOTHING about this says "yeah I would want to play this and dive into this world" to me. Seems about as fun as leaning against a cold,damp basement wall :(

But I also couldn't get into the first one. Hope it makes the fans happy :)

/edit: Oh sorry didn't know we're in the "these girls don't look very fuckable" discussions again...

Last edited:

Voidout

Should
Great! This makes for a great setup for what will certainly shock most gamers on these boards in the months to come. ;)

I'll ask that stuff when it releases.
Should I be holding out on PC for a port or will I have to buy a PS5?

Are you claiming a port is coming?

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Man, aren't you creepy. We all know that you are some shill that defends the game's honor at all costs, but even for you this is a bit much. Disappointed man voices his disappointment at a previous favourite of his going the sjw route, news at 11. Do you also wear pink sweatpants and crying while you are creepily going through my post history as well?

I've seen the leaks, my point very much stands.
I see you're here to tell us that you don't like TLOU 2 once again smh

Roufianos

Looks amazing. Haven't seen the spoilers but heard a few rumblings about how woke the game tries to be. Hopefully it's not to the extent that the plot suffers.

I agree that we should value how satisfying overall experience is, not based how long the game is. Short or long, as long as if gives me satisfying experience I'm happy.

Yep, what I meant by 35 hours doesn't sound good for a game like this is that I hope they haven't artificially extended the length of it with padding or an unnecessary "open world" that will negatively impact the game.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy... because it affects how the video performs. If you know there are brigades on the way downvoting every video you post, you tend to react. Crazy concept huh?

So the like/dislike ratio will have zero impact on sales & is not even worth worrying about... But at the same time it will affect how the video performs & that's troubling so they have to take action? Is that what you're saying?

shubik

So the like/dislike ratio will have zero impact on sales & is not even worth worrying about... But at the same time it will affect how the video performs & that's troubling so they have to take action? Is that what you're saying?
Yes, because the performance of the YouTube channel is not connected to the sales of the game.2 very different KPI´s that are not really connected to each other.

You want your YouTube channel and videos to perform well so that they land in the recommendation algorithm of YouTube.

Last edited:

zkorejo

Not going to lie, I'm tempted to buy after watching. Looks brutal and fun.

Maybe I will later.. once I'm done with backlog. it's not like I'm worried about getting spoiled.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Harsh words coming from the man trying to convince the world that TLOU doesn’t have a political agenda even when the creator himself has already stated that his games have a political agenda based on the likes of Anita Sarkeesian.

Now you can’t even stand that someone voices more than once his opinion about not wanting to buy the game because of such agenda.

At this pathetic level reaches your damage control.
I said the narrative of the story.

You told me Lara Croft wasn't based on politics when it was. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not going to watch you move the goalpost again like you did with other sin the spoiler thread.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, because the performance of the YouTube channel is not connected to the sales of the game.2 very different KPI´s that are not really connected to each other.

You want your YouTube channel and videos to perform well so that they land in the recommendation algortythm of YouTube.

The like/dislike ratio will have zero impact on sales. Not even worth considering. Don't question why they're disabled. It means nothing.

But at the same time Sony do want their videos on YouTube to perform well. They want in that recommendation algorithm. That's important & so they have to take action & disable the like/dislike ratio. It makes perfect sense.

But these two things are in no way connected to each other. The like/dislike ratio of a game's YouTube video has no relation to it's sales in the real world. They're totally separate & this is why they have to disable the like/dislike ratio but it doesn't matter.

I dunno man. This kind of sounds like you just want to have your cake & eat it too.

Top Bottom