• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

VFXVeteran

Banned
I wouldn't get your hopes up. This guy oftentimes exaggerates things.
I would be very surprised if it was that long. I'd say 20-25 hours just to keep your expectations in check.

Anyways, this game is going to be fucking incredible.

On another note, anyone else glad Sony finally figured out this State of Play thing? It only took a year but they finally nailed it with this.
Next week if they reveal a new exclusive game for ps5, they should definitely go the route Naughty Dog did. Ghost's state of play was also good but this one was much better as we did get a lot more raw footage.

No. It is that long. There are over 100 different characters in that game... oops.

Last edited:

Vroadstar

Actually have money for this but I also want to upgrade my computer's drive to NVME, now, watching the trailer and loving the first one, I don't know tough choice.

THEAP99

Banned
OK. So do you know someone who works there? A yes/no would suffice.
No lol. But I wouldn't take Backwoodz word for it. If you truly were told by someone at ND that it is 35 hours, then wow I'd be surprised that the game is longer than the last two games they put out, combined.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
No lol. But I wouldn't take Backwoodz word for it. If you truly were told by someone at ND that it is 35 hours, then wow I'd be surprised.

Let's put it this way. It's the longest game they've ever worked on.

And try not to refute someone who posted they have contacts at the company. That makes people think I'm talking out of my ass.

CobraXT

Banned
Looks unnecessarily brutal

Oh and the basic stealth and combat , still the same as the first one , every melee have to be 15 seconds animation , i get it its for realism and immersion .. but this will get tedious real fast

I'll pass!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Looks unnecessarily brutal
cdd8d14bdd3e038d1f6c4d706c9ea766.gif

tenor.gif

nC1hYaY.gif

IncredibleFatherlyCalf-size_restricted.gif

I'm really confused at what people find so amazing about this, I don't see what's incredible or revolutionary.
It feels like it's just the usual exlusive hype and such, I'm sure if this game wasn't an exclusive it would be a lot less praised, it doesn't make sense but it seems to be how things work now.

Its the quality of what is on show and the combination of graphics, innovative gameplay and storyline and how they come together. Everything screams quality from the animations to the lighting to the gameplay enhancements. This is why people need a ps4 and ps5.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
Guys. I think we need to start talking about how large a playable area Seattle will be. I am from there and the skyline looks like an exact replica. It looks like the entire downtown area is playable along with the outskirts and suburbs. I am absolutely blown away by how big Seattle is.

I think this reviewer is alluding to this here:

THEAP99

Banned
Guys. I think we need to start talking about how large a playable area Seattle will be. I am from there and the skyline looks like an exact replica. It looks like the entire downtown area is playable along with the outskirts and suburbs. I am absolutely blown away by how big Seattle is.

He also sounds very excited!

Bryank75

Banned

Can't believe you lied in song dude. I thought you were from Chi-Town all this time...

recma12

I don’t remember a game ever being this accurate and shocking in portraying the horror and grief that comes with physical violence.

And again, it’s a compliment, but it’s totally understandable that some people are disturbed by it.

I remember seing that discussion play out every time there was a jump in graphic realism.

First we had "Doom and Mortal Kombat era" sprite based violence.
Then we entered the "3D violence phase", guess Soldier of Counterstrike/GTA3 are good examples.
Looks like now we are getting "4K violence". TLOU2 has a good chance of being discussed in that way.

Now it's been a while (IIRC) that mainstream media talked about violence in a video game.
Probably because the ultra-violent stuff has moved to the AA and Indie space.
Can't remember the last hyped, marketed AAA game that had extreme violence as a defining factor.

CoD, GTA and RDR2 sure were violent, but it was also "not personal" in a sense.
TLOU2 really shows you the grimace of people getting stabbed in the throat.

Azurro

Banned
As opposed to your silly agenda?

Lol, what agenda? To not pay money to get preached to by identity politics zealots that make you play as androgynous women that behave like men? What an awful, awful agenda I have, really. :p

The gameplay with those animations looks next level tho dont you think? It's not just the graphics that sets this apart.

I mean personally I'd rather play the game as a character like Joel as I imagine myself in these worlds, but I wont let that make me miss out on this. No way.

Same here man, same here. It's just sad the direction they are going after the brilliant first game, and I can't take that 45 kg girl being some ultra badass, even in the first game that was a bit much. Now it's all about lesbians and representation and other buzzwords, there's a good reason why I'm not playing this, it honestly depresses me a little that we've lost the developer to this crazy sjw religion.

Last edited:

Strategize

Lol, what agenda? To not pay money to get preached to by identity politics zealots that make you play as androgynous women that behave like men? What an awful, awful agenda I have, really. :p

Same here man, same here. It's just sad the direction they are going after the brilliant first game, and I can't take that 45 kg girl being some ultra badass, even in the first game that was a bit much. Now it's all about lesbians and representation and other buzzwords, there's a good reason why I'm not playing this, it honestly depresses me a little that we've lost the developer to this crazy sjw religion.
The way she fights has very little to do with strength.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

You have some weird obsession.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)
I'm never going to buy this due to their shitty agenda

New Official TLOU2 Video - "Inside The Gameplay | PS4" (PLEASE DON'T POST SPOILERS)

Not interested in this thing, Naughty Dog can go take a hike.

Fuck this game. :)

The Last of Us 2 Is 'Hands Down the Most Ambitious Game Naughty Dog Has Ever Made' - 'You Are Not Ready For TLOU 2' Says Troy Baker.

I'm not getting this game and from the sound of it

I think we understand that you don't want to get this game.

Last edited:
Ghost could take notes on animations of people shot with arrows though.

Unless Jin was using shotgun shell arrows and I overlooked it.
I've noticed there are two bows in Ghost. Half-bow which is a normal bow, he shoots arrows normally like Ellie and there is a Long "Shotgun" Bow which blasts people away. Rewatch the State of Play and see what bow is chosen as Samurai and what bow is chosen as The Ghost.

Azurro

Banned
You have some weird obsession.

I think we understand that you don't want to get this game.

Man, aren't you creepy. We all know that you are some shill that defends the game's honor at all costs, but even for you this is a bit much. Disappointed man voices his disappointment at a previous favourite of his going the sjw route, news at 11. Do you also wear pink sweatpants and crying while you are creepily going through my post history as well?

The way she fights has very little to do with strength.

I've seen the leaks, my point very much stands.

Last edited:

shubik

Man, this looked fucking insane! To me, this is already next-gen. Hard to believe that the PS5 games will look even better.

One more thing I want to add to this horrible idiotic discussion surrounding ND and Agendas... :

Are you guys fucking insane? We are talking about video games! We play games as monsters, demons, animals, silly creatures, italian chubby men fighting against mushrooms with faces, anime weeb shit and other insane stuff but holly shit if you have to play a lesbian. This is where you drew the line??!?!?! Fuck of!! We live in 2020. You don´t want to see girls kissing? Fine... don´t buy this game!!! Nobody is pressuring you into buying it. I´ts not ND bringing an Agenda it´s your insane fragile masculinity and borderline retarded life views that can´t cope with the sexuality of other human beings. Grow up people!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Man, aren't you creepy. We all know that you are some shill that defends the game's honor at all costs, but even for you this is a bit much. Disappointed man voices his disappointment at a previous favourite of his going the sjw route, news at 11. Do you also wear pink sweatpants and crying while you are creepily going through my post history as well?

I've seen the leaks, my point very much stands.

If you get this triggered looking through the past ND threads, then I can see why you're triggered to see two women kissing in this game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Don't like it? It doesn't matter. It's just funny that you need to keep telling people that you don't want this game.

makaveli60

Will grab it when it drops to $20.
Don't really care for the story since this seems like it has a lot of identity politics wrapped up in it.
They got rid of a lot of the cool context sensitive stuff from the original demo. Makes sense they've been careful about showing gameplay, it was pretty clear that was staged.
Other than that it feels similar to TLOU1, which was a decent game, mostly carried by its characters and story.
The visuals are impressive, but there's prettier games out there. It's nice the TLOU fans get a new game, but nothing shown makes me want to get it day 1.
Yep, trying to deceive us with the bullshit gameplay + forcing that insane agenda means I will only buy it used, I can wait anyway, Ghost of Tsushima is what I want day 1.

Top Bottom