• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

sector4

I wonder if they'll implement Left Behind to the single player campaign? I'm pretty sure they won't but I wouldn't say no to it if was given the option to play it with or without it.
IIRC they said it would be unlocked after you finish the main game. It would be cool though!

(Minor Left Behind spoilers)

That was the coolest thing about Left Behind for me, I had no idea some of it would take place during the events of TLoU

Gray Matter

IIRC they said it would be unlocked after you finish the main game. It would be cool though!

(Minor Left Behind spoilers)

That was the coolest thing about Left Behind for me, I had no idea some of it would take place during the events of TLoU

Yea I liked that too, I was left wondering how Ellie managed to
treat Joel after been impaled. Glad they decided to show what happened in the gap between fall and winter.

jaosobno

Just completed my preorder on PSN. I sold my PS3 before TLOU came out, but I always wanted to play this game. Everybody was saying that it was one of the best games ever so I was kind of bummed because I sold the console and couldn't play it. But now I get to play best possible edition of this game and I couldn't be happier.

sogood.gif

... which is a reboot and does everything the original did... Seriously you sony ponies need to try a little harder.

The new Tomb Raider might as well have not bothered with the name, the actual Tomb Raiding and puzzles were at a minimum, I was pretty disappointed with it and hope they actually go back to a game where you have to time your jumps right and getting a puzzle wrong ends in death! Oh and a big fuck off T-Rex!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
This is the thread that keeps on giving. From ntkrnl to SgtPonymous it just keeps on trucking. Never slowing down.

Less than a month to go now. Looking forward to playing this again. :)

Is that a thing? Could be the first time in history, maybe?

then next year we'll see "winner of over 400 GOTY awards 2 years running, comes TLoU remastered: definitive edition.

I think the only game to win two GOTY's was Metal Gear Solid 4. It won it back in '08 and some other year.

Jesus Christ at the last 3 pages or so. Y'all should be embarrassed.

Anyway, when can we expect some proper in game footage? Awfully strange to be this close to release and for there to he no substantial gameplay footage showcasing the differences, etc.

One reason :

1 : There is not a big gap so they don't want to be criticized

2 : There is a big gap and they want to surprise us

i hop it's the second ! :p

Skele7on

Banned
Back on topic, Only a few weeks to go till we have this in our hands.

I am so excited, Having only beat the game at launch I remember very little, so really excited to play again and also the DLC!

Hurry up!!

Off Topic, Anonymous, judging by his posts is a playstation fan, him going off the handle like that though, not very gaf like!

Just a warning people get banned for less....

komplanen

One reason :

1 : There is not a big gap so they don't want to be criticized

2 : There is a big gap and they want to surprise us

i hop it's the second ! :p

I really doubt there will be anything we'd call "big" in terms of difference for the two games. It'll look sharp, perform at 30-60fps (I know it'll be 60fps but who knows how stable) but it's still mostly the same assets.

For me as long as it's 1080p/60fps I don't care about the rest. I just want to play the game again (and again, and again).

Zack117

Banned
I came to NeoGAF expecting it to be a pretty educated place that understood video games and had a pretty solid level of etiquette regarding gaming discussion and the like. It was advertised as pretty exclusive and people generally seemed to have an understanding against console wars and dumb arguments.

I was wrong, sort of. Most people are awesome, some are less so. I guess the mods weed them out and eventually they go away. I'm still trying to figure this place out, ha. In defense of the stupid argument though, it is making me laugh. The constant quoting of the Sony Pony stuff is killing me. It sound so ridiculous and I can't stop laughing. This is a great place.

On topic though, I was super excited about getting this for PS4 because it is one of my favorite games of all time at this point, but the closer we get to launch, the less appeal it has. I don't know, there is a massive gaming drought right now for me, having played a lot of the things I wanted to in my Steam backlog, and I want something new. Haven't played TLoU in a while, really want to try the DLC and everything, but I don't know if an HD remaster is worth my $60 anymore, I have other things I can spend that money on.

Similar situation here. I also see many banned people all the time here, but when I check out their last posts, they don't seem to be particularly bad. Also, 300 posts and 3 months don't necessarily mean, you become a full member. As far as I know, this process is being done manually and individually on the person. I've seen junior members who have thousands of posts.

To me, this game will be more than worth the 50$. I was planning to play Left Behind anyway, which would cost 15$ and after missing the multiplayer, I'm getting the full package now. Oh man, I'm so hyped for this game, even though I already finished the SP once. July and August is going to be the best time of the year for me, as I have off until september 1st.

So many games, so little time!

Ace001

Theres clearly no more argument to be had here. Sony fanatic claims tomb raider 2013 copies uncharted and other sony fanatics defend him, yet they got no problem with his flawed logic. As i was saying, dense.

Parts of tombraider 2013 were just shamelessly ripping off uncharted. If you played them both it is extremely obvious.

But it doesn't matter. Best form of flattery and all that.

MJLord

Parts of tombraider 2013 were just shamelessly ripping off uncharted. If you played them both it is extremely obvious.

As much as you can rip off action set pieces and puzzle sections. It's like saying everything since doom that shoots a gun is a ripoff.

Either way it doesn't matter, I don't think there's been a moment in time where one game hasn't been criticised for copying another.

StuBurns

Banned
'Shameless' is unfair I think, TR'13 did some really interesting things actually, it beat TLoU out to be the first major instance of soft-cover for example.

Skele7on

Banned

I genuinely think that the parts of tomb raider that had an uncharted vibe made it

The great game it was, could you imagine playing an old school tomb raider now?

Sure it felt a bit like uncharted, yet it still had a unique take on it.

I replayed tomb raider 3 recently, and let me tell you it really hasn't aged well.

I like what the new game brought to the table and I can't wait to see more.

Let's all get along and get back on topic!

MJLord

Man I did one run through in August last year and not much else. I can't wait to dive into multiplayer, harder difficulties and the DLC. It's going to be so good.

OneUh8

As someone who played the early Tomb Raider games on PC back in the day, those games are absolutely nothing like Uncharted or the new Tomb Raider game. Why is this even a discussion? lol

Porcupeth

Banned
I think this is a bit OT but whatever..i'll just say that i liked TR 2013 way more than the Uncharted games
but TLOU beats both...

man it's getting harder to not replay TLOU on the ps3 because of the remaster hype

also, TLOU Remastered has not budged from #1 in amazon uk for days and it might stay there until release. Seems it'll pull off some impressive numbers there.

Ace001

As much as you can rip off action set pieces and puzzle sections. It's like saying everything since doom that shoots a gun is a ripoff.

Either way it doesn't matter, I don't think there's been a moment in time where one game hasn't been criticised for copying another.

Nah I just meant some very specific uncharted things such as squeezing through the scenery so the game can load etc

But I guess that's how the medium moves forward

Loooool good to see you here.... Do u recognize me?

I do ;)

On topic: It's been so long since I last played the campaign that I'm just starting to "forget" some of it. It should be awesome to go through it again and be like "oh damn, i remember this part", but in better graphics and higher fidelity. Can't wait.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
As someone who played the early Tomb Raider games on PC back in the day, those games are absolutely nothing like Uncharted or the new Tomb Raider game. Why is this even a discussion? lol

Because of Sony ponies mang! Read the last couple of pages. lol

WITHE1982

To me, this game will be more than worth the 50$. I was planning to play Left Behind anyway, which would cost 15$ and after missing the multiplayer, I'm getting the full package now.

Then my friend you're in for a real treat. I cannot stress enough how amazing TLOU multiplayer really is. It's the only online game I can happily play for 8h+ without getting bored once.

The way it rewards team-work and tactical play is just superb. I'd 100% play survivors mode first, then supply drop. I generally avoid interrogation mode as it's a bit boring and always ends in a tie.

I'm actually looking forward to the multiplayer in 60fps more than the single player.

pixelbox

I genuinely think that the parts of tomb raider that had an uncharted vibe made it

The great game it was, could you imagine playing an old school tomb raider now?

Sure it felt a bit like uncharted, yet it still had a unique take on it.

I replayed tomb raider 3 recently, and let me tell you it really hasn't aged well.

I like what the new game brought to the table and I can't wait to see more.

Let's all get along and get back on topic!
What?! TR3 was second best. I think the controls is what throws people off. But anyway, can't wait to see the game with now jaggies!
sce

Ace001

I do ;)

On topic: It's been so long since I last played the campaign that I'm just starting to "forget" some of it. It should be awesome to go through it again and be like "oh damn, i remember this part", but in better graphics and higher fidelity. Can't wait.

I'm playing through on grounded at the moment. Yikes it's tough!

KevinG

I also love that I've forgotten most of the story. I still remember basic premises and the ending. It will feel like I'm going through the game for the first time. Almost.

raindoc

Same here. I'm actually really excited to play this... but I'll need to get a good headset (7.1) for my PS4 first.
Any suggestions GAF?

So where are we at guys, they keep us in suspense for the eventual amazing reveal - or are we leaning towards the game looks pretty much the same as on PS3 but with a better framerate?

Zack117

Banned
Then my friend you're in for a real treat. I cannot stress enough how amazing TLOU multiplayer really is. It's the only online game I can happily play for 8h+ without getting bored once.

The way it rewards team-work and tactical play is just superb. I'd 100% play survivors mode first, then supply drop. I generally avoid interrogation mode as it's a bit boring and always ends in a tie.

I'm actually looking forward to the multiplayer in 60fps more than the single player.

This sounds awesome. The problem I'll may have is the lack of team-play, as I know only one person on my friend list who will get this game on release.

quickwhips

This sounds awesome. The problem I'll may have is the lack of team-play, as I know only one person on my friend list who will get this game on release.

Add me. I need a crew for this. I think they have a gaf multiplayer group for this game also if you need more people.

Raoh

I wonder if the PS4 MP is successful will the PS3 MP version see a spike for those without a ps4 yet.

I hope ND and other devs are paying attention to how much some of us love it over other MP shooters.

Gusy

Yesterday I deleted the TLOU PS3 install and Saves..It wasn´t easy but I don´t want to be tempted to play the game again before the 29. I want to start fresh on PS4!
Same with GTAV (8 Gigs!)

Even though I like the survival/shooting mechanics from TLOU, what I love the most is the exploration aspect and how detailed the environments are. That´s also part of the charm of the Uncharted Series. I love character action games where the exploration aspect is important and they give you camera control.

Right now, 3 weeks seems like an eternity.

Hellshy.

Same here. I'm actually really excited to play this... but I'll need to get a good headset (7.1) for my PS4 first.
Any suggestions GAF?

I love my Sony Pulse Elites personally. I bought a bundle with these and TLOU when it came out on PS3 and they really enhanced the immersion. Works beautifully on PS3, PS4, and PC.

I second the pulse elites. Helped with the immersion big time, I also really liked the Last of Us sound profile you can download for the headset.

nnodley

Neo Member
I think this is a bit OT but whatever..i'll just say that i liked TR 2013 way more than the Uncharted games
but TLOU beats both...

man it's getting harder to not replay TLOU on the ps3 because of the remaster hype

also, TLOU Remastered has not budged from #1 in amazon uk for days and it might stay there until release. Seems it'll pull off some impressive numbers there.

Just imagine hitting start game and your in the game in a matter of seconds and "BAM!!!", glorious 1080p 60fps graphical amazingness!! Then gameplay starts and it pretty much looks like the cutscenes!! Can not wait!!

I do however think I may play a bit of it on ps3 the day before so then when I play it on ps4 it will look even better with the ps3 version being fresh on my mind.

DirtyLarry

I second the pulse elites. Helped with the immersion big time, I also really liked the Last of Us sound profile you can download for the headset.
Third nod for the Pulse Elites. And the sound profile for TLoU as well.
Excellent headset all around though.

Top Bottom