• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

yeah I recently played the PS3 version again, it does NOT look that blurry.

*sigh* with the Eurogamer announcement today that locking to 30 fps is an option now, I have a bad feeling that 60 fps won't be maintained. I'm having terrible flashbacks to the juttery mess that was Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition :(

All you do is throw shade at this game. We're over it.

DZQDZaV.gif

This is mesmerizing.

Is it just me or is this spinning faster the longer I look at it

I can finally play this game the right way. I bought it on the PS3, but couldn't do it. It was a blurry mess and the framerate with the crushed blacks killed the experience for me.

worst thing is I ordered from US to get the gore version so I have no idea if it's going to arrive day one (despite the fact it's digital downloaded on my ps3 atm)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
All you do is throw shade at this game. We're over it.

LMAO what? Then you will deal. First of all I complemented the game (PS3 version was great and not blurry like it's being presented now), and just stated that having the option to lock to 30 is worrisome. I wouldn't expect a need for that if it was capable of locking at 60. And a dev posting on twitter that the 30 fps option is for purists (lol).... what ELSE are they gonna say?

And to those "stunned" at my TR:DE comment, that game's framerate went up and down for me constantly. It stuttered the whole time I played til I couldn't deal with it anymore and sold it off. Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the PS4 I re-read Digital Foundry. They say the same thing, the PS4 version can go from 40-60 and sometimes fluctuates from 40-50. NOT "buttery smooth" by any stretch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...b-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

viveks86

No. The PS3 version is 720p native, not 1080p, so it's something of a disingenuous comparison.

You still would have played it on a 1080p TV (most likely). So the TV will do that upscaling for you. It's a valid comparison. The open issue with that comparison is whether the PS4 version is legit or not.

Hoje0308

Banned
LMAO what? Then you will deal. First of all I complemented the game (PS3 version was great and not blurry like it's being presented now), and just stated that having the option to lock to 30 is worrisome. I wouldn't expect a need for that if it was capable of locking at 60. And a dev posting on twitter that the 30 fps option is for purists (lol).... what ELSE are they gonna say?

And to those "stunned" at my TR:DE comment, that game's framerate went up and down for me constantly. It stuttered the whole time I played til I couldn't deal with it anymore and sold it off. Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the PS4 I re-read Digital Foundry. They say the same thing, the PS4 version can go from 40-60 and sometimes fluctuates from 40-50. NOT "buttery smooth" by any stretch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...b-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

How about numerous tweets from Druckman, Balestra, Wells, and Yu all mentioning the frame rate as being solid without noticeable drops? Hardly sounds like Tomb Raider.

Hoje0308

Banned
But you can't believe them!

Don't know why I would expect anything else. Just look at the X1 Destiny Beta thread. Same damn thing that boils down to "The devs are lying because I have a narrative I'm trying to sell." So glad I'll have the beta this weekend to keep me busy until TLoU comes out.

Edit: Once again, my statement was quoted before I had a chance to correct a typo.

This looks solid but can you hear off the right side of the ear? :S It does't look particularly comforting to wear on one side either...

IF you really want the best Headset with 7.1 Audio you should get the Astros A40 or for wireless A 50. One of my best purchases of my life
That's way too expensive man. I just spent 4K on an iMac and may be going on a Euro trip in 2 months. With must haves like TLOU and Destiny coming out soon, no way can I splash that kind of cash or near it. :S

How about numerous tweets from Druckman, Balestra, Wells, and Yu all mentioning the frame rate as being solid without noticeable drops? Hardly sounds like Tomb Raider.

Maybe its just my poor, backwoods, inbred console upbringing but TR:DE was certainly playable and for me much more enjoyable than it's ps3 counterpart.

Anybody who thought it's technical issues made it unplayable must have a very small console game library.

Maybe its just my poor, backwoods, inbred console upbringing but TR:DE was certainly playable and for me much more enjoyable than it's ps3 counterpart.

Anybody who thought it's technical issues made it unplayable must have a very small console game library.

Yeah, anybody who was really bothered by the framerate for TR on PS4 has serious fucking mental isues and may need to seek professional help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You still would have played it on a 1080p TV (most likely). So the TV will do that upscaling for you. It's a valid comparison. The open issue with that comparison is whether the PS4 version is legit or not.

I didn't say the comparison was entirely invalid -- my point was that it'd be wiser to compare the games as they exist natively. Since you address me in the opening sentence, I'll say that I set my PS3 to output at 720p because all but maybe one or two games I own render at 720p or below, although I'd switch to 1080p if I were watching a BD (I use the past tense because the PSU went kaput last January and I haven't bothered to replace it).

Hoje0308

Banned

I didn't think the game was even close to unplayable, but the drops were noticeable. I only mentioned it because the person I quoted was using the DF analysis as a comparison. From what we've heard today, it doesn't sound like TLoU will have drops like that, which means most of us probably won't notice them at all. But yeah, I can handle some pretty big drops. I went from SNES to N64, after all.

Yeah, anybody who was really bothered by the framerate for TR on PS4 has serious fucking mental isues and may need to seek professional help.

What's this bullshit? It's much more likely that people like you (i.e., those fond of ignorantly making hyperbolic, accusatory statements) are much more likely to have mental issues than people that have a higher sensitivity to frame rate fluctuations.

I didn't think the game was even close to unplayable, but the drops were noticeable. I only mentioned it because the person I quoted was using the DF analysis as a comparison. From what we've heard today, it doesn't sound like TLoU will have drops like that, which means most of us probably won't notice them at all. But yeah, I can handle some pretty big drops. I went from SNES to N64, after all.

Agreed, my point was that his post is ridiculous and dripping with pc master race snark. I personally don't recall specific drops but I am sure they are there. Since I mostly play on consoles I have to be able to deal with drops though because most games never maintain a stable framrate. At least my favorites like open world games and rpg's.

I mainly quoted you because I don't want to get into an argument with someone who is clearly looking for one. Trying to be non confrontational. :)

EDIT: Reading back I can see how it might have appeared I was getting defensive about tomb raider. That wasn't my intent at all. I wasn't really directing it at you either in just don't want to feed the troll directly.

Hoje0308

Banned
This is getting ridiculous. I respect this guy but he's clearly bought the negative narrative some people on Gaf are spreading, even though it's been repeated over and over again that the option for 30fps is just there because some people wanted it.

'Rumours circulating' = Banned people from Gaf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_0HDxWaBTo

The shitty thing is that you're now giving him hits and feeding the whole process.

Agreed, my point was that his post is ridiculous and dripping with pc master race snark. I personally don't recall specific drops but I am sure they are there. Since I mostly play on consoles I have to be able to deal with drops though because most games never maintain a stable framrate. At least my favorites like open world games and rpg's.

I mainly quoted you because I don't want to get into an argument with someone who is clearly looking for one. Trying to be non confrontational. :)

I'd like to say that you should just ignore him, but that would be hypocritical seeing as how I always break at some point myself. I think it's best to start with some simple facts and if they ignore those, then either return the favor or respond with nothing but sarcasm. If they get the impression that you're actually enjoying the exchange, they'll likely leave for a bit.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The shitty thing is that you're now giving him hits and feeding the whole process.

This guy is brilliant, but for some reason he's not researched the topic as he normally would. He's clearly just been browsing Gaf because that's the only site he mentions in other videos.

I'd like to say that you should just ignore him, but that would be hypocritical seeing as how I always break at some point myself. I think it's best to start with some simple facts and if they ignore those, then either return the favor or respond with nothing but sarcasm. If they get the impression that you're actually enjoying the exchange, they'll likely leave for a bit.

Yea, not sure why I give a shit. I think its time to go to bed. Hopefully I dream in 1080/60 about crafting survival gear to store in my shit pussy.

That clip was hilarious BTW!!

Night GAF.

Hoje0308

Banned
This guy is brilliant, but for some reason he's not researched the topic as he normally would. He's clearly just been browsing Gaf because that's the only site he mentions in other videos.

Or we're in the middle of summer, in between trade shows and news is hard to come by, so he posted something that he knew would draw in your typical YouTube commenter.

Yea, not sure why I give a shit. I think its time to go to bed. Hopefully I dream in 1080/60 about crafting survival gear to store in my shit pussy.

That clip was hilarious BTW!!

Night GAF.

Yeah, Stanhope is a goofy man. He's currently doing an airport pub crawl, in which he just flies to different cities and gets drunk at their respective airport bars. Last time he managed a trip that took him to Australia and I believe South Africa by way of Bisbee, Arizona.

Sweet dreams, man. Remember to keep something in your ass when you sleep. You don't want that thing getting too tight to fit a game box.

Gray Matter

Shit, I just remembered that share factory is a thing. I'm gonna upload so many great moments from the MP that my Facebook friends will unfriend me lol.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Or we're in the middle of summer, in between trade shows and news is hard to come by, so he posted something that he knew would draw in your typical YouTube commenter.

Nope. He's one of very few Youtubers that don't post sensationalist videos. He's usually very balanced and fair minded.

Hoje0308

Banned
Nope. He's one of very few Youtubers that don't post sensationalist videos. He's usually very balanced and fair minded.

Just a genuine mistake from the sound of it then. Either way the madness is only beginning, just wait until the DF analysis. I'm willing to bet that everyone will claim victory unless the frame rate is absolutely locked at 60. Even then there would be concern trolling about how the game could have looked better while retaining the feel of the original if ND hadn't allowed Sony to push them toward 60 fps for marketing purposes. Myself, I'll be too busy playing the game to give a shit.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just a genuine mistake from the sound of it then. Either way the madness is only beginning, just wait until the DF analysis. I'm willing to bet that everyone will claim victory unless the frame rate is absolutely locked at 60. Even then there would be concern trolling about how the game could have looked better while retaining the feel of the original if ND hadn't allowed Sony to push them toward 60 fps for marketing purposes. Myself, I'll be too busy playing the game to give a shit.

I'm confident that it will sit at 60fps for 99.9% of the time.

bombshell

Are the PSN preorder bonuses for multiplayer only?

No.

• Increased crafting speed.
  • Increased healing speed.
  • 9mm reload speed upgrade.
  • Rifle clip capacity upgrade.
These are SP bonuses. They only give you a slight advantage early on, because they can be unlocked through normal gameplay.

Ughhhh, I'm sorry, but guys like you are the worst. You change your argument in order to make sure you are always "winning". People tell you that they most likely included a 30fps lock option for people who want to play it at 30fps, but noooo, it must be because the "framerate is bad". Then, numerous developers say how solid the framerate is, and a couple of them tell us how they only included it as an option...but people like you, once confronted with actual developer confirmation, use the old "of course the devs are going to say that" excuse. As i said, there's no convincing you, because you don't want to be convinced, you want to carry on spewing your garbage. The dev could show you the game with an FPS counter running at 60fps and you would still make up some kind of goalpost-moving excuse in order to secure another "win".

Footos22

Ughhhh, I'm sorry, but guys like you are the worst. You change your argument in order to make sure you are always "winning". People tell you that they most likely included a 30fps lock option for people who want to play it at 30fps, but noooo, it must be because the "framerate is bad". Then, numerous developers say how solid the framerate is, and a couple of them tell us how they only included it as an option...but people like you, once confronted with actual developer confirmation, use the old "of course the devs are going to say that" excuse. As i said, there's no convincing you, because you don't want to be convinced, you want to carry on spewing your garbage. The dev could show you the game with an FPS counter running at 60fps and you would still make up some kind of goalpost-moving excuse in order to secure another "win".

Top Bottom