• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

chancellorsville-at-dawn.jpg

quickwhips

Ughhhh, I'm sorry, but guys like you are the worst. You change your argument in order to make sure you are always "winning". People tell you that they most likely included a 30fps lock option for people who want to play it at 30fps, but noooo, it must be because the "framerate is bad". Then, numerous developers say how solid the framerate is, and a couple of them tell us how they only included it as an option...but people like you, once confronted with actual developer confirmation, use the old "of course the devs are going to say that" excuse. As i said, there's no convincing you, because you don't want to be convinced, you want to carry on spewing your garbage. The dev could show you the game with an FPS counter running at 60fps and you would still make up some kind of goalpost-moving excuse in order to secure another "win".

I hope your correct. We will know soon enough. Either way I'm pretty sure Multiplayer will keep 60fps better than single player so I'm not worried. I just think the 30fps purist thing is dumb and an easy excuse if they have any stutter. I hope there is none and it stays 60. :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
LMAO what? Then you will deal. First of all I complemented the game (PS3 version was great and not blurry like it's being presented now), and just stated that having the option to lock to 30 is worrisome. I wouldn't expect a need for that if it was capable of locking at 60. And a dev posting on twitter that the 30 fps option is for purists (lol).... what ELSE are they gonna say?

And to those "stunned" at my TR:DE comment, that game's framerate went up and down for me constantly. It stuttered the whole time I played til I couldn't deal with it anymore and sold it off. Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the PS4 I re-read Digital Foundry. They say the same thing, the PS4 version can go from 40-60 and sometimes fluctuates from 40-50. NOT "buttery smooth" by any stretch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...b-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

RBlbdXo.gif

Gray Matter

I'm okay with this as long as it's a coop horde mode

Agreed, keep supporting the MP. I personally didn't like left behind. Ellie's past is something I wasn't interested in anyways, and Riley, don't even get me started on her. I've said this before and I'll say it again. The SP DLC should have been about Joel in the 20 year gap. Either Joel and tommy and their fallout or how Joel met Tess, which is what I was hoping for.

Planet

i hope they pull a GG and release levels for free...
I agree, just because I had first hand experience with TLoU DLC. There is a nice little MP mode called "no parties", which forces you to have random teammates. If you didn't choose that and had no party yourself, it was pure rape about 80-90% of the time. You mostly faced a group of 4 guys at week (=level) ~1000 with headsets winning the match with ease then mock you like crazy inbetween. Your teammates meanwhile insisted on rushing around the map alone collecting supplies and eventually deaths.

When the first MP DLC hit, there was an option to include the new maps in the play list. But there was no option to include the new maps but exclude parties. So you could basically choose between the beauty of the new environments or a chance at having ballanced fun.

Gray Matter

I agree, just because I had first hand experience with TLoU DLC. There is a nice little MP mode called "no parties", which forces you to have random teammates. If you didn't choose that and had no party yourself, it was pure rape about 80-90% of the time. You mostly faced a group of 4 guys at week (=level) ~1000 with headsets winning the match with ease then mock you like crazy inbetween. Your teammates meanwhile insisted on rushing around the map alone collecting supplies and eventually deaths.

When the first MP DLC hit, there was an option to include the new maps in the play list. But there was no option to include the new maps but exclude parties. So you could basically choose between the beauty of the new environments or a chance at having ballanced fun.

Yes on both. I play with friends and were good at it, so I know what you mean. And the DLC maps should have a "no parties" option. That's one reason why I never play the DLC alone.

Agreed, keep supporting the MP. I personally didn't like left behind. Ellie's past is something I wasn't interested in anyways, and Riley, don't even get me started on her. I've said this before and I'll say it again. The SP DLC should have been about Joel in the 20 year gap. Either Joel and tommy and their fallout or how Joel met Tess, which is what I was hoping for.

I would really love a prequel that spans that entire gap. To be able watch the slow and steady decline of civilization through chapters that cover different key points in Joel's story would be amazing!

Gray Matter

I would really love a prequel that spans that entire gap. To be able watch the slow and steady decline of civilization through chapters that cover different key points in Joel's story would be amazing!

Exactly this. There is a lot more to tell from Joel's past compared to Ellie's.

Andrew.

Banned
:(

Somethign is clearly wrong with me I know, damn it, game has everything I want in a shooter, everything.

Hey man but I loved Spec Ops, now that was incredible.

Im still not worthy?

Did you finish Wolfenstein at least or did you throw in the towel early on?

Raptor

Did you finish Wolfenstein at least or did you throw in the towel early on?

Was playing on Hard and I reached....damn I can't remember how far I got, maybe Level 9? probably.

I was enjoying myself a lot, searching for collectables, playing stealth and rambo style when I felt like but something happened that I began to get bored lol, I wasn't feeling the gunplay probably because the weapons sounds were weak, it's a mistery to me but I end up trading the game to get the money for TLoU:R even though the game was still long ways to release day :O

antitrop

I get to trade in Watch_Dogs and couldn't be more excited to do so. You traded in one of the best FPS ever made.

I hope you're happy, Raptor.

Raptor

I get to trade in Watch_Dogs and couldn't be more excited to do so. You traded in one of the best FPS ever made.

iMf0koFP31zjw.gif

I fucked up.

However, not everything is lost, sometime down the road, I could still give it another chance, I did it with Dragon Age Origins I remember hating it the first time and years later I liked it a lot.

Andrew.

Banned
Was playing on Hard and I reached....damn I can't remember how far I got, maybe Level 9? probably.

Man you bailed around the time it goes all Riddick and then becomes a neverending orgasm? (for most)

OLzfNKQ.gif

To each their own though. I've split out on many well loved titles too and gotten plenty of flack (even lost friends off my PSN list if you can believe that lame shit) for it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I liked Watch_Dogs but I'm still probably trading it in. Ubisoft open world games just feel disposable, even if I do enjoy them from time to time.

And holy shit at Raptor not liking Wolfenstien. I figured his ass would be gushing all over that shit.

Raptor

Man you bailed around the time it goes all Riddick and then becomes a neverending orgasm? (for most)

OLzfNKQ.gif

To each their own though. I've split out on many well loved titles too and gotten plenty of flack (even lost friends off my PSN list if you can believe that lame shit) for it.

Damn, I hope I don't get hated because of this though, I love all of you even if you hate Bayonetta for instance :p

Andrew.

Banned
Damn, I hope I don't get hated because of this though, I love all of you even if you hate Bayonetta for instance :p

Haha. Bayonetta is one such example of a game I got reasonably far into and then ditched out on.

And yet I'll probably still pick up Bayo 2.

Too late.
I hate you.
And I haven't even played wolfenstein.

Only joking, I love you. If it wasn't for you and your request for things up your bum, i would not have heard the term "shit pussy", for this, i will forever be in your debt.

Raptor

Too late.
I hate you.
And I haven't even played wolfenstein.

Only joking, I love you. If it wasn't for you and your request for things up your bum, i would not have heard the term "shit pussy", for this, i will forever be in your debt.

Hahahah this is awesome!

I was enjoying myself a lot, searching for collectables, playing stealth and rambo style when I felt like but something happened that I began to get bored lol, I wasn't feeling the gunplay probably because the weapons sounds were weak, it's a mistery to me but I end up trading the game to get the money for TLoU:R even though the game was still long ways to release day :O

Shit I played TNO on hard all the way through tot he last boss and got stuck for hours. Had to change the difficulty to finish the game. I'm ashamed of myself.

Top Bottom