• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Naughty Dog are being so ballsy about 1080p/60fps with this game that we can assume EVERY Naughty Dog game will run at 1080p/60fps from now on.

Naughty Dog are being so ballsy about 1080p/60fps with this game that we can assume EVERY Naughty Dog game will run at 1080p/60fps from now on.

I agree, but I do think part of the hype was to reassure gamers that the remaster wasn't just a quick 1080p fix.

I do not think future ND games will run at 60fps as I assume visuals will be enhanced quite a bit for Uncharted 4.

Still pretty impressive.

Loakum

Banned
It's very likely that Naughty Dog ran into significant issues porting the original code over from the PS3's cell processor and this Remaster will likely run worse than the original game.

HZ82ufg.jpg

funkypie

Banned
this thread is bollocks - that's all.

seriously though - if you guys can wait a few weeks, this game will be down to $30. All these remasters go cheap faster than normal ones. It's already 45 at new egg and it didn't even get released.

btw - To my EURO GAF brothers - I recently discovered the word bollocks and I love it. I will be using it here in the states from here on out. thanks in advance.

Lies. Just because tomb raider did doesn't mean every remaster does this. Ff 10 and kingdom hearts 1.5 have hardly gone down in price and they have been out ages.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I agree, but I do think part of the hype was to reassure gamers that the remaster wasn't just a quick 1080p fix.

I do not think future ND games will run at 60fps as I assume visuals will be enhanced quite a bit for Uncharted 4.

Still pretty impressive.

We recently heard news about how the ICE team had improved their coding and it stands to reason that ND would be the first to benefit. Resolution was enough to sell the PS4 above the XB1 for the first year, but I believe Sony are now planning their second strategy, which is to focus on 60fps at 1080p with most of their 2015 games.

LastNac

I'll play it at 60FPS, give it a shot and see if I like it, sure.

But I want the 60/30FPS option for the inevitable Uncharted Collection. I just dont see me ever playing the desert at 60FPS.

Then again, they may just make a believer out of me yet.

Honestly though, I still think RaD are completely valid with their "30FPS for aesthetic" reasoning. Then again, The Order is setting out to be much more cinematic in presentation than any ND title with dem black bars.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'll play it at 60FPS, give it a shot and see if I like it, sure.

But I want the 60/30FPS option for the inevitable Uncharted Collection. I just dont see me ever playing the desert at 60FPS.

Then again, they may just make a believer out of me yet.

Honestly though, I still think RaD are completely valid with their "30FPS for aesthetic" reasoning. Then again, The Order is setting out to be much more cinematic in presentation than any ND title.

The reason a lot of people don't like 60fps in films is because they make them appear 'cheap' largely due to TV and soap operas. The thing about TLOU is that it's a personal story and so I think 60fps will take us closer to the characters and give it a documentary/handheld cam feel. It just might work.

Full price and it's targeting 60FPS?

...lol

I know!!

That's not even the worst thing, I have heard that the frame rate is so unstable, that in order to keep it above 30fps, they are gonna have to lower the polycount. So they are replacing Ellie with the PS2 version of Daxter.

The story will remain unchanged.

icespide

Banned
I know!!

That's not even the worst thing, I have heard that the frame rate is so unstable, that in order to keep it above 30fps, they are gonna have to lower the polycount. So they are replacing Ellie with the PS2 version of Daxter.

holy shit I would play that

Gbraga

I know!!

That's... kinda... awesome.

Ok, last try: The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Cinematic ass bugs

goonergaz

Sony gold wireless headset - check
Pre-ordered on the US store - check

It would be 2 long weeks for me...but I'm on holiday for one of those :D

Top Bottom