• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

OK this is going to have to hold me over for the next couple of weeks!

o9qByWZ.png

PRELOADED STRAIGHT INTO MY ASS!!!

Originally Posted by nycgamer4ever

Shit I played TNO on hard all the way through tot he last boss and got stuck for hours. Had to change the difficulty to finish the game. I'm ashamed of myself.
At least you finish it, I can't even remember where I stopped playing lol.

At least you finish it, I can't even remember where I stopped playing lol.

You should get back to it. It was a fantastic shooter. Not good enough to take it in the ass but fantastic nonetheless.

antitrop

If they just showed some gameplay we wouldn't need to continue asking.

Wouldn't be the first time a developer lied about the performance of a game so I dont think anyone is in the wrong having doubt here.

lZVzO8a.png

Titanfall: the Digital Foundry verdict
When we spoke to Respawn producer Drew McCoy at Gamescom last year, we were fully onboard with the "frame-rate is king" response when we asked about the possibility of 1080p60 on Xbox One. The key to the best Titanfall experience is all about the frame-rate - it's a crucial element of the interface between player and game and it's a core element in defining the gameplay. The end product is still a massive entertaining, highly playable piece of software, but on Xbox One at least, the performance level clearly isn't anywhere near locked to the magic 60fps, with Respawn sailing dangerously close on occasion to nerfing the the magic formula that makes this game great.

By and large, when you need the signature twitch-levels of response, Titanfall delivers, but it does so at a price - eye-rending screen-tear. That's a compromise that the erstwhile-Infinity Ward team members never implemented during their run on Modern Warfare and we were surprised to see it manifest so obviously here. As a result, the pure thoroughbred arcade experience that defined Call of Duty and is instrumental to Titanfall's success is left somewhat compromised, with a level of visual artefacting that frequently looks plain ugly.

Delt31

Lies. Just because tomb raider did doesn't mean every remaster does this. Ff 10 and kingdom hearts 1.5 have hardly gone down in price and they have been out ages.

Lies? Just watch - this game will be down to $40 before you know it and Black Friday will def be a door buster. $25. I'll quote this and send it to you once it happens.

Lies? Just watch - this game will be down to $40 before you know it and Black Friday will def be a door buster. $25. I'll quote this and send it to you once it happens.

Once the summer gaming drought ends with Destiny in September and the remaining deluge of games through the fall, this game will definitely drop in price. I am not going to be waiting for that though because my ass is lonely.

Andrew.

Banned
Im guessing I'm one of three or four people on this forum (if that) that has absolutely zero interest in Destiny.

But rock on anyway you nerds.

xinek

It doesn't get much clearer that this, a stable 60 fps is pretty much guaranteed.

Fuck i promised myself I'll wait for a price drop since I've already beaten the PS3 version and the DLC but I'm too hyped, don't know what to do :(
I had the same issue. Just give in and buy it day one!

Relly

Banned
I bought tr:de to hold me off until tlou comes out.. But the voice acting and dialogue is killing me.

I'm definitely breaking street date on this though.. Having never played it, I'm anxious lol

:lol

Seriously, how many times do they have to say it? Naughty Dog has never given us a reason to accuse them of lying, have they? Unless I missed something? Maybe a lot of the doubt is coming from first-time PlayStation owners. Otherwise, I have a hard time seeing how anyone could not take them at their word.

Just started my Grounded run last night, even though I know I'm going to play the game twice again (Grounded & Gnd+, I need that 100%) before busting open the Remastered version, I don't mind; there's just a way that this game strikes that balance between quiet beauty & a pervasive feeling of malevolence that I thoroughly enjoy. This game is so damn good.

Les Stroud (Survivorman) ate that and said that it actually tastes pretty good and that other shows try to make you think that certain bugs are disgusting for entertainment purposes.

NO NO NO! It is fucking disgusting and tastes worse then all the things I have ever crammed into my ass!

Top Bottom