• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Loakum

Banned
Some dude on the IGN forums allegedly snagged an early copy from Wal-Mart. FUUUUUU.

hfsEYtO.jpg

OJAraxR.gif

LMAO, did Derrick really say that about TLoU? Fuck I miss him. Every day he'd say something so ridiculous but JUST reasonable enough for you to second guess whether or not he actually had a point and wasn't being overly cynical. Good times.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LMAO, did Derrick really say that about TLoU? Fuck I miss him. Every day he'd say something so ridiculous but JUST reasonable enough for you to second guess whether or not he actually had a point and wasn't being overly cynical. Good times.

As I recall he said that it was a 6/10 game, which was pretty good for a AAA title in his opinion.

antitrop

Derrick liked TLoU when it first came out, then slowly grew to dislike the game more and more over time to fit his personal narrative and agenda.

Relly

Banned
No one is streaming is on live from ps yet.. Not that I'll watch, don't want to spoil my experience.

I sure do hope my guy has it though.. There are no walmarts in NYC :( and even then, I'd have to find someone willing to break street date there.

I get my games early to play them, not to post screenshots or leak the entire game. So I understand why some people hate street date breakers.

On a side note, watch dogs was much more fun a week before release. Online hacking was what it was supposed to be. Fun and random, with no one knowing how to exploit yet. I haven't touched watch dogs in over a month.. Well I did pop the disc in the other day, let it load.. Saw the bright washed out day time and immediately ejected the disc and put mlb the show back in.

Okay all, the house is silent, so I'm going to record the quick dialog and then export the video and post it on YouTube.

It's stupid. It's silly. I hope you like it.......

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This thread must be a gold mine for Naughty Dogs lol

Neil or some of the devs should re-tweet that pic and throw a fit as if it was a real copy :p

gioGAF

I'm kind of lost, hopefully it is common knowledge around here:
Will there be more DLC for TLoU after the release of the remastered version? Basically, is the remastered version the final package or not?

antitrop

I walked into the media section of Walmart on release day last year and asked for The Last of Us. The guy and the girl behind the counter looked at me like a 12 inch cock was growing from my forehead, so I 180'd my ass to Best Buy.

I'm not bothering with any Walmarts.

Eh? You've got game footage to share?
No, I made a video inspired by this thread. It was edited together a couple days ago but school / set production / lack of being home meant I couldn't finish it up as quickly as I had hoped.

Now, it's pretty much done. Just adding one finally composite for a scene involving The Last Guardian....

Will there be more DLC for TLoU after the release of the remastered version? Basically, is the remastered version the final package or not?

Naughty Dog has not announced any further DLC - and I don't expect there will be. Their season pass has been fulfilled - they released 2 MP DLC packs (maps etc) and 1 SP DLC (Left Behind).

So - yes - Remastered should be the final package.

Amir0x

Banned

i think no more DLC, they are all turning to PS4 projects after that

Gray Matter

Naughty Dog has not announced any further DLC - and I don't expect there will be. Their season pass has been fulfilled - they released 2 MP DLC packs (maps etc) and 1 SP DLC (Left Behind).

So - yes - Remastered should be the final package.

I don't have the source at hand, but there's a quote where Arne said that the might be another MP DLC.

KyleCross

So, has anyone uploaded PS3 footage on Youtube yet claiming it to be the Remaster to get views? Reminds me of all the people who made cutscene movies and uploaded them to YouTube claiming them to be 1080p when they just upscale them.

So...what happens if they add more MP DLC?

Did the MP maps get the same remastered treatment, like better textures?

Just wondering if they are going to have to extra work for themselves upgrading any new PS3 DLC for the PS4 version.

Through my elite sources on the deepweb, I was able to secure myself an early copy. Impressions forthcoming!

y2nT0Rs.jpg

Man, so freaking jelly!! DAT boxart.

That's too bad, he was at least entertaining. You could actually imagine the veins pulsating in his forehead and neck. Hilarious!

Haha! It was good roaming the wastelands with you tonight. Smoking spider tanks and giant, pulsating purple orbs.

Amir0x

Banned
I still can't believe I have not seen a true 60fps video of Last of Us Ps4 yet this close to release. Waaat are you doing Sony :(

Since y'all won't be showing no gameplay screens and im going digital, can y'all take pictures of the back of the game and what's inside. That would be great!

Amir0x

Banned
Sony are doing 268 pages worth of right.

NeoGAF are doing 268 pages worth of right.

Sony is doing ZZZZZZ for this version of the game for some reason. yo like how can you have a game coming out whose whole primary functional purpose is as version of the game at its absolute visual best and to introduce people who haven't played the game before to this product, and the ways you choose to showcase the product is once at E3 where you say SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING TRAILER and then proceed to massively spoil the story (welcome to the game, newcomers!), and the other is by not showing the game and its 60fps, higher res texture/character model glory until, like, the final day before the game is supposed to come out (and welcome to you too, those here for the visual upgrade!). Like try a little harder here Sony :p

Top Bottom