• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered HQ Teaser Trailer

ButchCat

Much like FFXIV I really wish they would give you the option between 30FPS and 60FPS. 1080 is a welcome but say all you want about me because I don't like the smoothness 60FPS added to the game.

These ps3 shots look better than the video. However I'm not complaining - I know this will look superb in person. 1080p60 alone will make a big difference to the games visuals. I'm just disappointed by the price tag. Game should retail no more than $40 imo

With $30 worth of DLC?

Superflat

I might double dip but, couldn't they come up with a better name than "REMASTERED"?

seriously.

I like it better than "Definitive" or "Ultimate". It's going to be interesting to see all the different ways upgraded ports can be called.

I think "Remastered" is appropriate for TLOU.

Luthos

I might double dip but, couldn't they come up with a better name than "REMASTERED"?

seriously.

It's funny, because if any game earned the right to call a re-release "the GOTY Edition", it's the Last of Us. Because, you know, it won GOTY awards. A lot of them.

Still, I guess GOTY edition wouldn't be a good indicator that this is in fact more than just the DLC added on.

antitrop

It's funny, because if any game earned the right to call a re-release "the GOTY Edition", it's the Last of Us. Because, you know, it won GOTY awards. A lot of them.

Still, I guess GOTY edition wouldn't be a good indicator that this is in fact more than just the DLC added on.

They should just drop their fucking balls on the table and go with "Game of the Generation Edition".

CREMSteve

Looks smooth, love the 60FPS. But otherwise looks the same as the PS3 version, to me. But that looked excellent already, so it's all good.

Hoje0308

Banned
Maybe you can help me out here, GAF. Maybe not.

Long story short, I don't like this trailer. I'm probably alone, but I also realize that this is undoubtedly an unpopular opinion here, so we tend to stay quiet, those of us who think this way.

That's not to say I hate it, or that I think it's a bad trailer. Far from it. It's drop-dead gorgeous, of course (I'm a bit of a graphics whore, so that doesn't hurt). The trailer so far (I think I'm about a third of the way through) is interesting with all the awards, if somewhat predictable at this stage.

But I just can't find myself getting engaged by the footage, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Blacks are solid, course, as expected from ND. It's not the typeface, as I can read the hell out of forums like NeoGAF.

Whatever it was, I just found myself unable to get "into" the trailer like I usually can with most trailers. I felt like I was struggling to just let it run, and I kept wondering where this amazing trailer was that everyone kept talking about.

Does it get better? Does it change up later, or is it going to be more of this for another 3 minutes? Because I'm not sure I can slog my way through it if that's the case. People talk about how great the ending is, and I've done a good job of not spoiling it for myself, so I could still experience that if I can just get to it.

Help me, GAF! Help me understand why everyone is pissing themselves over this trailer now being available in 1080p/60. Help me give a shit enough to maybe watch it a second time. Because as it is right now, I couldn't care less about this HQ teaser trailer, and I may not even finish the YouTube edition.

Dripping with sarcasm. Bravo, man.

UrbanRats

seriously.

Didn't you see the leaves in the Awards line? It's all about triggering that classy cinema vibe, bro.

Old films that come out on bluray are what? REMASTERED.

Liamario

Banned
Much like FFXIV I really wish they would give you the option between 30FPS and 60FPS. 1080 is a welcome but say all you want about me because I don't like the smoothness 60FPS added to the game.

Can't tell if you're trolling or serious. You're saying that you don't like it when a game is running well. You prefer it when it's chugging along?
f8e635cf.gif

Vashetti

Banned

seriously.

It should have been The Last of Us: Director's Cut.

Especially with the included commentary and supposed gameplay tweaks. I hope they can integrate female human enemies and human/clicker encounters.

I wonder what the gameplay tweaks will be.

Hopefully they tweak the living shit out of bricks and bottles. Abusing these made the game too easy.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
TLOU.jpg
thelastofus_17h5uju.png

The improved lighting helps a lot. All of the shirt/backpack details look extremely sharp of course. It's impressive what they could pull off with the PS3 however. Why do some textures on Joel's model look blurred however, while other areas look crystal clear. Like the upper strap, and some areas of the shirt texture in this shot:

thelastofus_745ut7.png
I honestly prefer the PS3 version here..

Lernaean

Banned
Now that's better than that youtube video that came before it.
If they keep this IQ and make it constantly run in 60 fps then i will certainly double dip.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I guess it's because many got used to extreme sharp contrasts and sharpness with black crushes and whatsoever.
The remaster looks way more smooth and it just has a better IQ in general.
Of course it has a better IQ and res, but it looks washed out to me, in comparison with the PS3 version. And what black crush? Last I checked there's no XB1 version. Unless you're saying those PS3 shots are altered.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for posting the link. It looks incredible to me. People will have different standards for sure but a consistent frame rate and good AA will make all the difference from the PS3 version for me. I hope they're able to show us more soon.

I get the feeling that they are using that scene to remind us that have played it how emotionally engaging the game was! To bring back our memories of how good it was. It certainly worked on me. I think we are the core target for this ps4 version.

It also provides a completly different view of the game to what those who didnt pick it up on ps3 may have seen. Trying to change whatever it was that made people not buy it first time.

I agree it is a spoiler, but not game ruining, but from a marketing perspective its a good move i think.

Reading complaints about this trailer—and videos for MLB the Show on PS4—makes it more apparent developers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sure, full quality 1080p screens looks great, but they provide little sense of scale and fine detail in motion. And video? Most video is compressed and, in YouTube's case, not the proper frame rate.

How can developers accurately show what their game will look like?

Shin-Ra

Reading complaints about this trailer—and videos for MLB the Show on PS4—makes it more apparent developers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sure, full quality 1080p screens looks great, but they provide little sense of scale and fine detail in motion. And video? Most video is compressed and, in YouTube's case, not the proper frame rate.

How can developers accurately show what their game will look like?
Release 50Mbit+/sec video on free file sharing sites (or anywhere to get it started) so they don't have to put up the bandwidth, and once it's out there, people will share it around and make sure there's an ongoing source.

Top Bottom