• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I tried the MP for the second time just now (first time being on PS3) and I really enjoyed it. Played with a couple of friends and we were winning almost every match. I couldn't find my groove for the first couple of games, but as soon as I equipped the bow I fell in love. I love how tactical and team-based it is, you can't just run around like a headless chicken and expect to get anywhere, I really enjoy the change of pace compared to the MP games I'm used to playing.

Gurish

Wow, the end of Left Behind is straight up bullshit on grounded. The enemies are omniscient for the most part. I killed one dude in a room off to the side with a stealth takedown and 2 dudes come running straight to me.

That encounter was pretty frustrating on Hard and i died a lot, i don't want to imagine how it will be on Grounded, you guys are crazy, I wont even attempt such difficulty =/

Did anyone ask ND if they will issue a patch to all the Gamma/underground part problems i keep hearing about? I don't want to buy the game again if it has so many glitches.

Rixxan

I read somewhere that you have to play roughly 160 multiplayer matches to get the platinum

Can anyone confirm this? I saw a few multiplayer trophies but they seemed relatively easy

Dibbz

OK so grounded is fucking brutal but I love it. I'm already thinking of some parts later that are going to be a nightmare.

Cudder

I read somewhere that you have to play roughly 160 multiplayer matches to get the platinum

Can anyone confirm this? I saw a few multiplayer trophies but they seemed relatively easy

Somewhere around there, yeah. The multiplayer is pretty easy, you just have to watch out for the attacks that can wipe out your entire clan. When those come up I tend to pick easy challenges, but my heart always races for those 3 matches because of what's at stake.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OK so grounded is fucking brutal but I love it. I'm already thinking of some parts later that are going to be a nightmare.

I've seen already at least 2 people who finished it on stream, it isn't that hard.

alexbull_uk

So I made a short TLoU gameplay video in the share factory and usually I upload these videos to a dummy facebook account. Download the video from facebook an upload the file to my youtube channel.
I thought this could be done easier so I tried to copy the video on a USB drive.
Turns out it takes almost to hours to copy a 800mb video file to a usb drive.
Why is that?

My PS4 is the same with USB flash drives, but I get great speeds with a USB HDD.

was this posted in the thread yet?

http://community.us.playstation.com...ter-applying-patch-1-01-Screens/td-p/44193358

with 1.01 patch
original

without 1.01 patch

Just got home from holiday and could not keep track of this thread due to the terrible WiFi connection in Italy :/

So sorry if been asked before but does all the digital content of my Ellie Edition carry over to the Remastered Edition?

Had no problems missing out on this game when I was nearly all about the 360 last gen. Not a fan of stealth so even all the game of the year votes didn't have me thinking I was missing out. Then the PS4 released, talk of 1080p/60fps and then I said I had to give it a go as a graphics whore.
Long story short the game is awesome. On normal, where I belong, the game is so satisfying. Such little frustration even after failed attempts. Every encounter seems so well done. I'm only about 7-8 hours in but I can now understand all the game of the year votes.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I found a guy who is selling this for 25$. Going to meet him this evening. Very excited to play this again.

i0i6foFGDq0Ts.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
was this posted in the thread yet?

http://community.us.playstation.com...ter-applying-patch-1-01-Screens/td-p/44193358

with 1.01 patch

without 1.01 patch

First time playing though the game and that post patch effect looked pretty awesome to me.

I thought, "oh cool, there's so much spore in the air that it's almost like smoke or fog".

I dunno, I kinda like it better with it then without.

[edit]

Clickers were really hard to see as well so it made way creepier.

I ran into an interesting bug...

The tunnel right before you reach the Fireflies at the end of the game was missing the infected! No clickers, no bloaters. There was a couple runners but otherwise I just strolled by and completely skipped the encounter :/ it was a little anti-climactic haha

doesn't the with patch version look more like a dank spore filled subway station than the pre-patch one?

It looks denser, definitely, but look at Joel...there's a weird jagged edge effect around his character model in that section. You can't really see it in that shot (apart from his right arm), but there's a shot in here of Joel pushing a wooden crate and it looks pretty bad.

realcZk

Having only played the janky clouded version, I want the pre-patch one. Couldn't see shit in the subway.

Glad it wasn't just me, I thought they had really screwed that part up. There are some other areas that I think are a little messed up as well, but the subway was so unplayable I had no idea where I was going.

Glad it wasn't just me, I thought they had really screwed that part up. There are some other areas that I think are a little messed up as well, but the subway was so unplayable I had no idea where I was going.

Yeah, I think there was some kinda similar black funk over a lot of the really dark parts of the museum.

Ibrahim

Banned
Ok just watched my friend play it and I couldn't stand 60 fps, I hope many games include the 30 fps option with better graphics.

Ok just watched my friend play it and I couldn't stand 60 fps, I hope many games include the 30 fps option with better graphics.

I used to be like this when I would watch my friend play games on his PC that I was used to playing on the 360. You get used to it after a while and it feels a lot better when you are the one playing, also.

Cross posting from the MP thread:

I'm having a small, but annoying, issue with the MP. When I'm jogging and I decide to turn left or right slightly to check my corners for supplies/enemies or whatever, my character goes from jogging to walking, instead of transitioning smoothly from front-facing jog to side-facing jog.

As I said, it's only a small annoyance. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? It's not my controller either because it doesn't do it in the SP.

Bought this last night played it for about 2, 3 hours liking it alot so far. Will dive in deep tonight when wife is working :p. Can anyone explain the state the world is in without spoiling anything, i dont get it. Are the military trying to quarantine just the citys? How big is the outbrake, is it worldwide? What are the fireflies agenda? (Pls dont spoil anything)

hew9753

Is there any logic to how and when a "silent" takedown of an enemy will alert other enemies who are not close by? I noticed this once or twice early on but it's been especially bad during the Pittsburgh hotel area. I'll creep up behind an isolated enemy, do a triangle grab and a square takedown choke, and then enemies that are around a corner and down the hall will come running. It will sometimes spawn enemies the next floor down in an area I just cleared minutes before.

Is this a common issue/glitch? I only played the game once before on PS3 and I can't remember having this problem, although that play-through was much more run-and-gun, whereas I'm trying to be more stealthy and conserve supplies this time around.

Hubb

Bought this last night played it for about 2, 3 hours liking it alot so far. Will dive in deep tonight when wife is working :p. Can anyone explain the state the world is in without spoiling anything, i dont get it. Are the military trying to quarantine just the citys? How big is the outbrake, is it worldwide? What are the fireflies agenda? (Pls dont spoil anything)

Without spoiling anything you beyond 2 or 3 hours into the game:

Once the outbreak got too crazy the military took over the government (they talk about this in the intro video between prologue to current day). You will learn more about specific quarantine zones as you play so I wont go into anything further on that front. But from walking around the Boston quarantine zone you learn that they are running out of food, running out of people to work/guard, and they aren't letting any new people in to the zone. I wont say anything further because the game does a decent job painting the rest of your question as you play. Specially if you explore the different areas and listen to the optional dialogue.

The Fireflies agenda that you know at this point in the game is from the opening movie, they want the original government restored and want to abolish the military rule.

In case you want a refresher here is the video I am talking about (about 1 minute long) and it plays right after the prologue section of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnp4-RoRxSo
It does a great job answering most of your questions.

Anyone else not get into an MP game like, at all? It just sits on the searching optimal game part and does nothing. Is this just not enough people playing it yet or what? UK here.

nib95

Banned
This was the day 1 update I believe. You should have it. Check your update history.

Nah, I don't have it. I haven't had Internet since the game got delivered. Bloody exchange overheated or something, engineers not coming out till a few days time, so at the moment I'm using mobile data only.

Hubb

Nah, I don't have it. I haven't had Internet since the game got delivered. Bloody exchange overheated or something, engineers not coming out till a few days time, so at the moment I'm using mobile data only.

Day one patch was about 150mb. There were smaller MP patches, but I am not sure how big they wound up being.

nib95

Banned
Day one patch was about 150mb. There were smaller MP patches, but I am not sure how big they wound up being.
Sorry to persist, but do you know if there's any way we can download the patch separately and install it via USB key?

UK here. Cheers.

GavinUK86

That sucks. It happens a lot here too. Can go days without internet because of shitty Virgin Media.

nib95

Banned
That sucks. It happens a lot here too. Can go days without internet because of shitty Virgin Media.

BT Infinity here. Speeds been dropping for weeks, and all the while they claim there's nothing wrong from their end, then bham, exchange failure, which they now admit. So frustrating. Have had to wait days for this engineer to come out and even my works getting affected.

Guess in the UK we don't have many good fibre optic options :(

GavinUK86

BT Infinity here. Speeds been dropping for weeks, and all the while they claim there's nothing wrong from their end, then bham, exchange failure. So frustrating. Have had to wait days for this engineer to come out and even my works getting affected.

Guess in the UK we don't have many good fibre optic options :(

I'm surprised it's BT. I guess Virgin Media aren't the only rubbish ones then, they all are!

Morbo

When I click on concept art from the ingame menu I'm told to access them through the bonuses menu located on the main menu. The problem is there is no bonuses menu on the main menu. Is it locked until the main game is complete or is this a known issue? Because I don't remember it working that way on PS3.

Reposting, I can't be the only one vexed by this, can I? Game is updated if that's relevant.

Hubb

Sorry to persist, but do you know if there's any way we can download the patch separately and install it via USB key?

UK here. Cheers.

I know you can do that with their software updates, but I am not sure you can do it with games. I did a quick check where the software updates are and they don't have them there, and I don't see them on ND's site.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

Top Bottom