• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered Review Thread

Spy

I purposely skipped this on the PS3 because I was sure it would come to the PS4. Excited to play it for the first time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
10's everywhere. Who would have guessed that *yawn*

coughlanio

Shouldn't the reviews be of the remaster-ing effort, and not quality of the title?

If a really bad movie got one of the best audiovisual remasters, would you feel comfortable giving it a 9 or 10?

At the end of the day, they're reviewing the product as a whole.

Seanspeed

Banned
Somebody should WebM the part in the IGN review around 1:40 or something where they do a side-by-side and show how much smoother 60fps is when looking around.

Still don't like aspects of the gameplay/gun play.

Good story. Great acting. Beautiful game. Only OK gunplay.

Well, I suppose if you didn't like the gameplay in the original, the remaster would do nothing to change that (except for 60fps smoothness). What don't you like about the gunplay, out of curiosity? I hear that complaint a bit, and while it's by no means revolutionary, I personally enjoy the feel of the gunplay.

Jtrizzy

Still don't like aspects of the gameplay/gun play.

Good story. Great acting. Beautiful game. Only OK gunplay.

Uncharted is the same IMO.

I stopped playing this early the first time bc of frame rate so I'm excited to play through, enjoying the art and animation at 1080p60, the way it should be.

Cloudy

Banned
This remaster kind of shames sites like Polygon who went contrarian on this game just because (read the review, it doesn't read like a 7.5). Now they have to either live with that score or increase it and damage their credibility further

Its an amazing game, but that whole boring introduction where you just follow the talking girl through scripted events is just not good. After the awesome flashback of the outbreak, i really had to force myself a while until the game really got me.

I think 10/10 is just too much, its just not perfect (especially that ai problems in the part were that girl + ellie is following you and that stupid girl starts attacking the zombies you should sneak through on her own and just dies over and over again...)

hwateber

Wow, the game looks great in the IGN footage. Just seeing it in 60 FPS, I don't understand why anyone would lock at 30 just for the shadows (outside of photo mode)

Seanspeed

Banned
This remaster kind of shames sites like Polygon who went contrarian on this game just because (read the review, it doesn't read like a 7.5). Now they have to either live with that score or increase it and damage their credibility further
Did the same person review it?

Cloudy

Banned
Did the same person review it?

Yes. And he increased the score. There is nothing in this remaster that warrants a score increase since his issues with the game weren't aesthetic. Either he was going for clickbait last year or he's not sticking to his guns under pressure. Not a good look either way...

zsKSjbJ.jpg
zsKSjbJ.jpg

zsKSjbJ.jpg
zsKSjbJ.jpg

Top Bottom