• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man

So this thread is about the mystery of IRL girls and gay stuff now? Can't really say too much about all those 10's I guess, especially since no one wants to get spoiled.

I mean, I'll bitch about some reviews if someone wants to quote it.

Artex

Banned
That's basically like you guys did it, then. For bar story purposes.
I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious.
vWA5R44.jpeg

Roto13

Not trying to be rude but's that very disgusting and inappropriate. This is the review thread...where we can talk about Naughty Dog, and The Last of Us, and just video games in general.

Having a gif of 3 dudes tonguing each other is just so random and inappropriate..just, ugh..

Homophobe

I'm not saying anything, but isn't it funny that Polygon is one of the only places that scored it 'average' given their history with Microsoft?

RedSwirl

I think I've seen zero footage of Last of Us in a year and have read zero previews. Is this game seriously better than Uncharted 2? Are we looking at the Resident Evil 4 of this console generation?

I think I've seen zero footage of Last of Us in a year and have read zero previews. Is this game seriously better than Uncharted 2? Are we looking at the Resident Evil 4 of this console generation?

No, you're looking at the Citizen Kane of this console generation.

DatDude

Banned

Why does it matter if it's BETTER than UC2? If it's just as good shouldn't that be enough?

graywolf323

love the polygon hate, so entertaining how kids get their panties in a bunch over some guys opinion. The best part is that its a pretty positive review, and Kollars concerns seem appear valid - my biggest takeaway from his review is that the brutal violence committed by the main character doesn't fit with his character - and it's a character driven game.

it fits Joel's character just fine... Naughty Dog has made it clear that Joel has done some bad things in the past

hell they specifically say "he's been called a violent thug, a brutal killer, and a torturer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IcEYVJ66RI#t=09m42s (behind the scenes clip)

so tell me how it doesn't fit his character?

Raziel

feels like this could have gotten any other gamespot reviewer - vanord, watters, carolyn - and come out with a 9 (recently given to bioshock, dishonored, halo4, among others). instead it gets the guy trying out for edge, lol. the twist being even edge gave it a 10.

Damn, well over 7,000 posts now for a review thread! That’s really damn crazy.

Seems like pretty much everyone on GAF has commented in here. Dat hunger!

RedSwirl

Ah. Empire Online said it. Okay. They're a regular entertainment site so they don't really know what they're talking about as much as Edge or Eurogamer would. I'm not gonna bring up that much of a fuss over them. That's probably like seeing those words in a Wall Street Journal review of the game.

Why does it matter if it's BETTER than UC2? If it's just as good shouldn't that be enough?

In my opinion UC3 was just as good as UC2 (or nearly as good), but not nearly as impressive. What matters is the initial and lasting impact.

But whatever. I'll keep my expectations tempered until this thing arrives from GameFly.

Gadirok

Damn, well over 7,000 posts now for a review thread! That’s really damn crazy.

Seems like pretty much everyone on GAF has commented in here. Dat hunger!

Everyone wants in on history after they saw how the U3 thread turned out.

This thread and the reviews do not disappoint. The soap opera goes on.

JLeack

Banned
Reddit is hilarious. There are a bunch of Xbox 360 fanboys complaining about this game being PS3 exclusive. Come on... really?

Vire

not sure why the link isn't working but found this

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 2h

@Naughty_Dog Congrats to the team on shipping #TheLastOfUs - Looks like a solid game + nice to see it getting recognized in the reviews

Solid was the best adjective he could use? Really Larry?

I mean cool I guess.

Sony purchasing Naughty Dog in 2001 was one of the best moves they ever did as a company. He jelly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom