• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us story DLC. Left Behind.

sense

Prediction:
Left behind will be standalone dlc and can be played on ps4 as well. Since it will bea prequel it sets it up nicely for newcomers.

Then in June 2014 last of us goty edition for ps3/ps4 with ish dlc as well.

leng jai

Who the hell would be stupid enough to sell a great console with a gigantic library of awesome games like the PS3 just to buy one that barely has any interesting games yet and is likely to be plagued with early-gen hardware faults? xD This is like bitching you won't be able to play Chrono Trigger because you already sold your SNES and imported the newfangled PS1 and somehow it's the dev's fault.

And who the hell prefers early DLC rather than late? The whole point of DLC is to have content that they create after releasing the full game, otherwise, might as well include it in the original game. Like the ever-wonderful on-disc DLC (yeah, fuck you Capcom), or crappy tacked-on DLC that took barely any time to make and can be finished in two hours (coughGearsofWarcough). Would you prefer that?

Oh and lol @ "almost a year", on what planet? Game came out in June FFS. -_-

You seem angry. I'm sure there are plenty of people who traded in their old console for the new one. Not everyone keeps everything around and replays games 50 times. If you've played all the games you're interested in there's not that many reasons to keep the console around. All I'm saying is that it probably would have been better to release the DLC at some point before the next gen consoles hit while everyone still has their PS3 and is itching for something to play before next gen.

ACX

Neo Member
I really don't know how I am going back to play this with the DS3 anymore (God knows how I survived the first playthrough)
ps4 pls

Majek

Prediction:
Left behind will be standalone dlc and can be played on ps4 as well. Since it will bea prequel it sets it up nicely for newcomers.

Then in June 2014 last of us goty edition for ps3/ps4 with ish dlc as well.
Ish DLC? Why do people still have such unreasonable expectations?

dreamfall

Question-

For those that read this comic book prequel series, is the DLC based on this? Will be adventuring with Riley, similar to how that was portrayed?

I know it's based on it- but I'm wondering if the things we'll be exploring/discovering as their relationship develops will be the same things we've read!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
35$ for the Digital Version of regular Last of Us + 15 dollars for this in the future

OR

55$ for the Digital Game + Season Pass plus a 10$ voucher for PSN Stuff on Amazon

when I only care about the single player content for this game... decisions, decisions...

Edit: apparently, the Regular Version of the game will be for $25 on Amazon today. Black Friday deal. Cheaper to get it plus Season Pass (if you care about the documentary) or just the Single Player DLC.

Kinyou

Still a little bummed that they choose this story. Personally I would have been more interested in something out of Joel's past.

Question-

For those that read this comic book prequel series, is the DLC based on this? Will be adventuring with Riley, similar to how that was portrayed?

I know it's based on it- but I'm wondering if the things we'll be exploring/discovering as their relationship develops will be the same things we've read!
I'd expect it to take great liberties. Simply because it probably wouldn't translate 1:1 into a game. Of course that's just a guess.

Still a little bummed that they choose this story. Personally I would have been more interested in something out of Joel's past.

Given that TLoU is Neil Druckmann's baby, and by the tone he's been talking about his feelings about the game, it was pretty obvious that if they ever make a sequel, Ellie is going to be the pivot driving the franchise forward.

A strong focus on Ellie seems rational. I honestly don't think they want to revisit Joel in any shape or form anymore.

Toreal

I think naughty dog said they will release 3 dlc packages, first one was MP maps and items, the second will be the story dlc and the third will be more MP maps an items. So it looks like we only get one story dlc

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I found the MP in this game to be fantastic, and that's coming from someone who rarely plays competitive MP. You may want to give it a chance.

Like I edited my post, The Base Game is going for 25 bucks later today on Amazon (as a Black Friday Deal), so buying that + Season Pass for 19,99 (if you care about the Multiplayer + Documentary) or Single Player for 14,99 seems to be a better deal.

It seems my entire "should I buy a PS3 and live off PS+ now?" decision will rest solely on the purchase of Last of Us today. We'll see.

Kinyou

Given that TLoU is Neil Druckmann's baby, and by the tone he's been talking about his feelings about the game, it was pretty obvious that if they ever make a sequel, Ellie is going to be the pivot driving the franchise forward.

A strong focus on Ellie seems rational. I honestly don't think they want to revisit Joel in any shape or form anymore.

Yeah I can see that (and it is what I would want for the sequel) but I still think they're missing an opportunity here. Well, guess I just wait and see, maybe the DLC will surprise me in some way.

Top Bottom