• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us story DLC. Left Behind.

Stark

Banned
Hopefully, Gustavo Santaolalla's score was so perfectly paced. I couldn't even imagine the game without it, it's as much a part of the game as the graphics/gameplay and storytelling in my eyes.

Agreed. Even a small set of tracks made for the dlc will be fantastic.

stryke

Trying to make a captivating campaign where you already know how it's going to end is always an interesting endeavour. Looking forward to see ND's approach.

BreakinBad

Neo Member
Basically what SolidSnakeX said -- takes place after the comics and before the main TLOU campaign. So reading the comics, it'll give you some background on location, setting, Riley, and how they got to know each other.

So glad I read this. Wasn't sure if I would read the comics first or not. Thanks!

Oh yeah... there will surely be new music, right? :3

Yep

untitledmriej.png

Hmm, somewhat disappointed by this news from a story standpoint. Ellie already tells us what happens to Riley in the main game...

Still day 1.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I don't usually play DLCs but I'll make an exception for this one. Can't say no to more Ellie gameplay.

Glad to hear that the story goes beyond what was shown in the comics.
Hell, more Santaolalla is reason enough to buy this. I listen to the ost almost every day and I still can't believe not only how good it is, but how perfectly it fits the game. The game just wouldn't be the same without it, hiring him for this was a stroke of genius.

So yeah, more content for my favorite game, let's just say I'm excited.

Derrick01

Banned
Really disappointed at the premise since we already know what happens. I was hoping for further development in one of the already known characters like Joel or David that hinged around parts of their life that we knew almost nothing about, not a part that was already told and described in the main game.

Really disappointed at the premise since we already know what happens. I was hoping for further development in one of the already known characters like Joel or David that hinged around parts of their life that we knew almost nothing about, not a part that was already told and described in the main game.
I feel the same though one thing that gives me hope is that I think the DLC is going to be more stealth-horror than survival-action-horror, which is good in my book.

R0nn

I got this warm feeling in my heart as soon as Ellie appeared in the trailer. It's really a testament to how strong the storytelling in TLOU is.

BBboy20

Either that or they're going to attempt doing themes and perspectives that wasn't covered in the main title.

genjiZERO

You know it just struck me: I wonder how hard it would be to make a PS4 version of this? The PS3 version uses resources from the disc right? So if they made one for PS4 it would have to be from the ground up. Essentially then, a PS4 version would be episodic instead of DLC properly. Maybe it wouldn't work because of the way it's incorporated into the game.

Anyway, I'm just brainstorming ideas. I've always thought episodic content was an underutilized form (partly because it's too expensive). It could be a way to keep alive PS3 versions of games while transitioning them to PS4.

Kydd BlaZe

Ugh...I no longer own a PS3 (traded it in for the new systems).

Really hoping The Last of Us (and all of its DLC) gets ported to the PS4 in the near future.

Andrew.

Banned
Sucks for those who traded in their PS3's for the new stuff. No BC and you wont have anything to play in a month or two. Maybe less.

DLC is a bit surprising, but I got the Season Pass ages ago and Im always down for some backstory regardless of who the character is. I thought Straley's "soon-ish" comment on Twitter was a sure sign of things to come though.

I would eventually like to see:
1) the Joel and Tommy years right after outbreak DLC maybe showing how Joel and Tess met.
2) Bill and Frank DLC because Bill is a fucking badass and I'm curious to see how that went down.
3) Ish DLC

Top Bottom