• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us story DLC. Left Behind.

Seeing how it's based around Ellie and her friend, I wonder if this DLC would have more emphasis on stealth than the actual game since Joel isn't there for here yet.

YES
stealth confirmed

It has to be. Ellie isn't really competent in her combat abilities at this point, my only worry is that they make Riley some kid who had an overbearing military focused parent who taught her how to be a bad ass and you now play as Riley so that you can participate in combat. I'd love to play the role of a person dependent on someone else for combat. ND makes you the NPC partner and your new ability is to play the role of support and do smart call outs.

Danielsan

Needless to say I'll get this. Seems like this may have some devastating moments. We already kind of know what happens, but I'm sure the acting will really bring it home.

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

Neo Member
Great idea for DLC. I'm guessing there will be no combat, since it would make no sense for Ellie to have been killing runners and clickers like a pro before the events of TLOU. All stealth gameplay?

I hope so. I enjoyed using only stealth (not the entire game but as much as they would allow me) on my second playthrough of the SP campaign.

Is this the case? It seems like it's primarily focused on Ellie's encounter in the Mall.

The description on the site mentions that Riley reemerges in Ellie's life after going missing for weeks. They meet each other the first time in the comic and they're together the whole time. So it has to take place after it.

The description on the site mentions that Riley reemerges in Ellie's life after going missing for weeks. They meet each other the first time in the comic and they're together the whole time. So it has to take place after it.

I will read the Comics this week. The descriptions that I've seen seem a bit barren on details, based on the trailer they def. hit the mall up though.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Who's Eli?
Eli.jpg

Can't believe I didn't notice that same name till now.

arne

I will read the Comics this week. The descriptions that I've seen seem a bit barren on details, based on the trailer they def. hit the mall up though.

Basically what SolidSnakeX said -- takes place after the comics and before the main TLOU campaign. So reading the comics, it'll give you some background on location, setting, Riley, and how they got to know each other.

First post never fails.

I'm still excited though, especially to see more of the Quarantine/military aspect. The brief glimpse at the beginning of TLOU was a bit of a tease and somewhat wasted in a way.

Doesn't hurt that I can now explore this part of the story without being distracted by that weird art style of the comics. It just doesn't fit the tone at all. Even if it picks up a bit afterwards, it's more to my tastes all the same.

Stark

Banned
Basically what SolidSnakeX said -- takes place after the comics and before the main TLOU campaign. So reading the comics, it'll give you some background on location, setting, Riley, and how they got to know each other.

Buying this ASAP.

TripOpt55

This actually is a great idea for DLC. Ellie before the game events should be interesting from a gameplay standpoint. I admit, I still need to grab the comics. Will do that before this DLC hits.

Really looking forward to this. While I enjoyed American Dreams it was very bare bones; During the single player, Ellie specifically mentions certain events that I'd imagined would be in the comic but weren't, now we know why. Overall it's better to experience them as part of the game world. So far the setting and backstory indicates more focus on stealth, evasion, and fleeing potential enemies, which fits my playstyle.

Safe but also an interesting choice. We all wondered what truly happened with Ellie and especially Riley. She was always talking about it in the game. Makes me wonder how ND will make the story interesting enough since we already know the outcome.

So far all pieces of TLoU content has been Ellie focused on some way or another. The comic, the main game and now the DLC. So it makes me wonder if ND really is going to make it a series based around her life. That was kinda hinted in Grounded documentary.

Aw. I was reaaaaly looking forward to seeing some more Joel and Ellie stuff.

Or Ish.

But this is ok too, I guess. Just not sure how it's going to be from a gameplay perspective. No guns, I guess?

sappyday

So far all pieces of TLoU content has been Ellie focused on some way or another. The comic, the main game and now the DLC. So it makes me wonder if ND really is going to make it a series based around her life. That was kinda hinted in Grounded documentary.

I kinda hope they do but isn't that what The Walking Dead is also doing?

A sequel with an adult Ellie as the main character would be so good.

NeoGiff

Delighted with this news. I'm surprised more of us didn't expect this after the release of the comic, but being taken by surprise with these kinds of things is always a bonus.

Have I ever been this excited for DLC? Nope. Dammit, Naughty Dog!

Wasn't expecting them to go in this direction since it makes the comic books redundant.
What was the point of telling her backstory in the comics if it was going to be in the game anyway?

Oh yeah... there will surely be new music, right? :3

Hopefully, Gustavo Santaolalla's score was so perfectly paced. I couldn't even imagine the game without it, it's as much a part of the game as the graphics/gameplay and storytelling in my eyes.

Top Bottom