• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The late Famitsu thread of "where's the news?"

Boy, something's going on here.

The past three weeks have been quieter than it was supposed to be.

A certain site posted the Game Index of each of the past three issues showing a decent number of games.

But where's the coverage?

Is 2ch deliberately holding back info? Possibly due to Famitsu having further dislike of these advance "leaks"? First it was the scans, now this?

Anyway, as I said, the site posted the Game Index for this week as well. Someone last week posted a scan of the teaser of Devil Survivor, so if that's allowed, then I'm sure posting the scan of the Game Index is... right?

Well anyway, this will be the discussion thread for this week... whenever the news actually shows up.

If posting the Game Index is allowed, I'll edit this post to include it.

I think we all deserve an explanation for the lack of coverage when there IS stuff to be covered.

Edit: Here are this week's review scores (In Japanese):

これはすごいw
カービー 8888
クッキング 8777
ロックマン3 8888
どうぶつのもりコナミ 7777
いかもの 6566
カトちゃん 6655
シレン2 9888
西村 8777
ほととぎす6655
FIFA7877
ゼロパイロット 5665
俺たちの世界 8887

FIFAWii 8778
人生ゲーム 5554
ブロブ 9988
ファミリースキー 9988
イルベロ 6677
侍道3 8788
2K8 6665
2K8 5555
FIFA09 PS3箱 8989

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mystical Ninja Goemon ( Konami) for Wii - is it true ? Any informations ?

Shahadan

8888 - Kirby Super Star Ultra (NDS)
8777 - Rhythm de Cooking (NDS)
8888 - Mega Man Star Force 3 Black Ace/Red Joker (NDS)
7777 - Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry (NDS)
6566 - Ikamono Tantei (NDS)
6655 - Katô-chan no Kororonbe (NDS)
9888 - Mystery Dungeon : Shiren the Wanderer 2 (NDS)
8777 - Nishimura Kyôtarô Suspense 2 (NDS)
8778 - FIFA 2009 (Wii)
5554 - The Life Game Wii EX (Wii)
9988 - de Blob (Wii)
9988 - Family Ski 2 (Wii)
6677 - Illvelo (Wii)

Only have those : /

-Kh-

Banned
We just talked about Dissidia scans in the Dissidia thread, same for Devil Survivor.

Scans are out there, info is out there too, I don't think 2ch is holding on any info, more like no one is interested on making a thread about it.

Reviews

Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (NDS, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Samurai Dou 3 (PS3, Spike): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard (Wii, Bandai Namco): 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 - (34/40)
Rhythm de Cooking (NDS, MTO): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Ryuusei no RockMan 3 (NDS, Capcom): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Tongari Boushi no Mahou no 365 Nichi (NDS, Konami): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Ikatan: Ikamono Tantei (NDS, CyberFront): 6 / 5 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)
Taisen!! Ka to Chan no Kororonpe! (NDS, CyberFront): 6 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (22/40)
Blob: Colorful na Kibou (Wii, THQ): 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 - (34/40)
Illvelo Wii: Illmatic Envelope (Wii, Milestone): 6 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (26/40)
Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS 2 - Sabaku no Majou (NDS, Sega): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
DS Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense 2 Shin Tantei Series: Kanazawa - Hakodate - Gokkan no Kyoukoku - Fukushuu no Kage (NDS, Tecmo): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Sengoku Efuda Yuugi: Hototogisu Ran (PSP, Irem): 6 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (22/40)
FIFA 09 (PSP, EA): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Zero Pilot: Daisanji Sekai Taisen 1946 (PSP, Global A): 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)
Chuumon Shiyouze! Oretachi no Sekai (PSP, Global A): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Shahadan said:
8888 - Kirby Super Star Ultra (NDS)
8777 - Rhythm de Cooking (NDS)
8888 - Mega Man Star Force 3 Black Ace/Red Joker (NDS)
7777 - Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry (NDS)
6566 - Ikamono Tantei (NDS)
6655 - Katô-chan no Kororonbe (NDS)
9888 - Mystery Dungeon : Shiren the Wanderer 2 (NDS)
8777 - Nishimura Kyôtarô Suspense 2 (NDS)
8778 - FIFA 2009 (Wii)
5554 - The Life Game Wii EX (Wii)
9988 - de Blob (Wii)
9988 - Family Ski 2 (Wii)
6677 - Illvelo (Wii)

Only have those : /
Nice score for Family Ski 2, the first one received a 30/40.

distantmantra said:
SD Gundam G Generation Double Spirits (PS3/360) -- Enhanced port of G Generation Spirits on the PS2.
wat

I'm not believing anything in this thread, new Goemon, a Global A game scores a 31 out of 40 in Famitsu, and now a SD Gundam G Generation PS2 game gets ported with enhancements to PS3/360?

Come on...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Come on guys, creamsugar removed that stuff long ago for a reason, it's fake. Just look at the index that was posted.

Well, this is real at least. There's some new Gundam Musou 2 information this week.

Playable Mobile Suits in Story Mode:
Gyan (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Gottrlatan (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
Turn X (Turn A Gundam)

Enemies (already known, but highlighted in the article):
Psycho Gundam Mk. II (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
Quin Mantha (Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta)
Devil Gundam (Mobile Fighter G Gundam)

Apenheul

-Kh- said:
Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard (Wii, Bandai Namco): 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 - (34/40)

I'm glad that this got a sequel, I'm a mad skiing fan and while I thought the first game was fun for a little while the mountain was still a bit too small and I would've liked to go off-piste more often. Hopefully Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard will not simply be the same game on another mountain with the addition of snowboards.

EXGN

-Kh- said:
Samurai Dou 3 (PS3, Spike): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)

Bleh... thought this would be the next big PS3 game there, like Shin Sangoku Musou big. The first 2 were PS2 the Best titles. Doesn't look like it will make much of a splash anymore.

EXGN said:
Bleh... thought this would be the next big PS3 game there, like Shin Sangoku Musou big. The first 2 were PS2 the Best titles. Doesn't look like it will make much of a splash anymore.

TONS of games made the PS2 The Best list, not just AAA titles.

WYWY

EXGN said:

'31','32','33' also happen to be Fami's "we actually didn't even touch the game so here's a *safe* number that we think is OK" range.

Some would argue that none of Fami's numbers have any worth, and some more experienced ones have their own system of gauging Fami numbers.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
News from this weeks famitsu should be up on 1up.com by now...
There was a 10 page feature on TGS polls.

Askia47

yeah for a while no one talked about anything famitsu related. they only talked about dissdia really. but the news has been pretty quiet.

Dascu

The scans are finally coming out. There's scans for Kizuna, Last Remnant, Way of the Samurai 3, Suikoden Tierkreis, Winds of Nostalgio, Destiny Links and Phantasy Star Zero so far.

jesusraz

Shame about there not actually being a Goemon for Wii. I was secretly hoping Good Feel had been hired to bring the series back to its classic SNES roots...

-Kh-

Banned
There's a new sniper game for DS called Last Bullet, by FuRyu for Q2 2009. Tatsunoko vs Capcom too, showing Viewtiful Joe. And Tales of Hearts.

I do really hope Konami made a sequel to this game, 3D of corse, don't matter the platform, even PSP, not DS, 64-like games don't work on DS :(

goemon64189.jpg

Second best Konami game on N64, not like there were many, but still, it was so awesome, and I really liked my Goemon SSJ.

Konami's best 64 game was ISSS 64 (98 was better but it was just an upgraded sequel)), and best Football game ever, oh yes, ever

Dascu

-Kh- said:
There's a new sniper game for DS called Last Bullet, by FuRyu for Q2 2009. Tatsunoko vs Capcom too, showing Viewtiful Joe. And Tales of Hearts.
The world would be a better place with a new, proper Golgo13 game.

And subbed anime.

-Kh-

Banned
Dascu said:
The world would be a better place with a new, proper Golgo13 game.

And subbed anime.

Unfortunatedly anime games rather suck, although recent DB/Z, Naruto and Bleach games say otherwise
there might be hope

But haven't you watch the current anime? The fansubbing has been rather slow, still on ep 15 (33 the latest one).

Dascu

-Kh- said:
Unfortunatedly anime games rather suck, although recent DB/Z, Naruto and Bleach games say otherwise
there might be hope

But haven't you watch the current anime? The fansubbing has been rather slow, still on ep 15 (33 the latest one).
The group that was subbing the anime dropped it.

-Kh-

Banned
Dascu said:
The group that was subbing the anime dropped it.

Oh no wonder they haven't released anything since September, I hope some speedsubbers like Aero or Chihiro pick it up.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hero of Legend said:
Boy, something's going on here.

The past three weeks have been quieter than it was supposed to be.

A certain site posted the Game Index of each of the past three issues showing a decent number of games.

But where's the coverage?

Is 2ch deliberately holding back info? Possibly due to Famitsu having further dislike of these advance "leaks"? First it was the scans, now this?

Anyway, as I said, the site posted the Game Index for this week as well. Someone last week posted a scan of the teaser of Devil Survivor, so if that's allowed, then I'm sure posting the scan of the Game Index is... right?

Well anyway, this will be the discussion thread for this week... whenever the news actually shows up.

If posting the Game Index is allowed, I'll edit this post to include it.

I think we all deserve an explanation for the lack of coverage when there IS stuff to be covered.
You think we deserve an explantion of why Famitsu scans aren't being leaked before the release date? Especially when there is nothing to cover due to the post-TGS drought?

ffs

Top Bottom