• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy |OT| Are these Tales of a SaGa?

Labadal

Transferred my demo save to the full game. I'm doing fine but the characters don't want to learn magic. I've learned one or two spells. Also, every battle should give you money. I don't mind all the other randomness.

Labadal

Should I sell non-equippable items like fragments and stuff?

I have been sending out the ship that costs 1k gold. Should I go with the 5k one?

_________

I tried to grab an egg in the valley and this bird attacked me. I thought I had a viable strategy but it kept wearing me down on every try. Then I met a red bird but I had no chance in hell defeating that one.

Wagram

Should I sell non-equippable items like fragments and stuff?

I have been sending out the ship that costs 1k gold. Should I go with the 5k one?

_________

I tried to grab an egg in the valley and this bird attacked me. I thought I had a viable strategy but it kept wearing me down on every try. Then I met a red bird but I had no chance in hell defeating that one.

Yeah the fragments are for cash.

The boats are purely RNG. People in this thread have said that they've gotten really good stuff from them, but I lost like 45k on the 5k boats and never got anything useful. Whereas I always seemed to get decent stuff from the 1k.

Umibozu

Stuck at the green dragon on the swamp. His poison blast is deadly...
He's not required to progress in the game, he's an optional boss.

Btw the trick to beating him is to have wind element on your side and be the main element activated (it halves the poison attack), also have people that can heal/get rid of poison, and stay in guard stance. Ymmv but you can try having a character use a counter ability since it sometimes attacks three times in one turn.

Finally got this game. I can see where the criticisms are coming from, but goddamn it still feels great to play a SaGa game again, especially one that seems to be based on SaGa Frontier

Labadal

Those Archwings are a pain in the butt. I've killed a few but I hate it when you unwillingly get into a fight with them.

Unlocking more and more maps.

Labadal

When you beat the water, fire and wind golems, what are you supposed to do? I restored their respective areas. I have explored each map 100% and sold them.

Umibozu

When you beat the water, fire and wind golems, what are you supposed to do? I restored their respective areas. I have explored each map 100% and sold them.
If you have all three singing shards,
go to the deserted village, there is a stone statue that will progress the story

Cikay

This games is really starting to tire me out. I'm about 15-16 hours in, and currently navigating through the Ship Graveyard by abusing save states and reloading each time I cannot avoid a monster. I can't stand battling against the same HP bags (omg the cursed boats -_-) using the same strategy over and over.

The first half was pretty enjoyable but now I find the game boring. So many enemies in the maps, so many battles dragging on forever. The only reason I'm still playing is because I'm near the end.

Also I tried to kill the Green Dragon in the marshes for more than one hour, but I stopped when I learned it was an optional boss. I'll try rushing the rest of this charming but mediocre game.

soultron

Banned
Super late to this game but I'm loving it. On the Air Golem now (er, just about to start) and I'm really digging the battle system and the way you learn skills and such. Really glad Atlus localised this and did a good job of doing it.

soultron

Banned
Weird question: the archwings you see flying around on the field in the south west corner of the first map of the Valley Ruins -- why do you actually see the model instead of just the shadow you see everywhere else? Are these the red/stronger versions?

Also, am I correct in thinking the archwings, in general, are the best spot to grind in the early-game? I've finished battles with 2 or 3 of them and learned a whackload of skills and got huge stat increases from them. Did anyone else grind this over and over?

I definitely agree with the "too many enemies" sentiment. I'm only at the Roaring Valley, but there are enemies EVERYWHERE and it isn't like Romancing SaGa where you have various on-map skills to avoid fights. I wish there was more enemy variety. I've killed hundreds and hundreds of those dragonflies and pink elementals...

Also wish there were more character interactions between your party members, even if they brief and simple.

I love the art direction. I love the character designs. Battles and acquiring new skills is very fun, but the grind forces me to play it in small intervals as I get burned out quickly. But not a big deal, still enjoying the game.

Labadal

Weird question: the archwings you see flying around on the field in the south west corner of the first map of the Valley Ruins -- why do you actually see the model instead of just the shadow you see everywhere else? Are these the red/stronger versions?

Also, am I correct in thinking the archwings, in general, are the best spot to grind in the early-game? I've finished battles with 2 or 3 of them and learned a whackload of skills and got huge stat increases from them. Did anyone else grind this over and over?
Those versions are their kids.

Umibozu

You see the model because you activated the wind element which slows down their movement and makes them visible. Red is stronger/ takes more hits.
Best spot to gain stats/ abilities early on is from shadow giants but they show up randomly.

It's best to avoid regular field enemies because they have a low likelihood of raising stats and abilities. Fighting challenging enemies is what raises stats more easily, if you find that you're taking them down too easily start avoiding them.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to tap out of this, I really really want to like it, but it just isn't clicking. My big issue is the fact I feel I have not control over building my characters and it is all(feels) random. Maybe if instead of being random you could level characters up in certain areas/skills by just repeated use of actions, that would be fine but it all being random makes it too frustrating. It's a shame cause everything else about the game is what I want from an RPG atm. It looks amazing, the soundtrack is great & I like how open it feels, just the lack of control over character progression frustrates me. Maybe I'll come back one day, but now there are other things I want to play instead.

Lunarian

Neo Member
I loved this game. It had some easy exploits in it with just spamming water seal or w/e it was called (It's been about 3 months or so since I beat it). This is easily one of the hardest JRPGs that has come out in a long time. Definitely grind heavy but I'm OK with that.

DontBlink

Old bump, but just wondering if anyone is still playing.

I'm currently at the last boss and I'm trying to understand how is one supposed to survive
3 Contagion attacks in a row? Each one does around 200 damage and no amount of shields or strongholds can protect me from all of it :|

Top Bottom