• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy |OT| Are these Tales of a SaGa?

I'm kinda getting this but I fear in my drive to get more of this done before SC that I've min-maxed my characters and this'll bite me in the ass. I feel I need to waste turns on other roles during trash.

I honestly don't even get Garnet's logic for why she's even on Avalon, or continues to explore it. Who or what anti-Church things would be on an island like this, lol.

I guess that's why it's so solo a mission? "Just hire some mercs, I dunno"

UCBooties

Definitely hit a wall with the Summit of the Gods. I need to go elsewhere and grind for a bit. Every time I run into those red and black mantis things I get wiped out in a turn by their spamming breath weapons.

randomkid

After banging my head against the same Poison Breath spewing boss everyone else ran into trouble with, I finally caved and used a very boring and tedious Use Air Contract and Heal On Every Turn strategy and won over the course of like, 45 minutes or something. Same strategy worked on the next boss too, I hope I don't have to resort to it for the final one.

One thing I will say is that it is very annoying when you are counting on a Rejuvenation to land during a boss fight but you awaken some random low level Water skill instead (and still use up all 9 SP!) That's just dickish haha.

Faustek

sigh...I can't believe the German post transferred this through Spain then up to the UK...Think the Spanish mail is bad? Wait till Royal Mail hits you with it's slog of we-are-so-fucking-slow-you-could-literally-take-a-bike-and-pick-it-up-faster-yourself-from-middle-Sweden.

Seriously Royal Mail stop being so damn slow. Or rather. Stop being stupid Deutsche Post, why you changing routes? I paid for 7 day delivery not 3 weeks. Fuck.

I've been playing this at PAX Oz while in queues. The random mechanics with no documentation is frankly bizarre given that characters should know how their training works (if not charms). The manual is also poorly worded as it implies you can Awaken the Contracts but I'm pretty sure you can't.

The mechanics also seem to fight with each other. They reward exploration but reasonably tough fights are numerous and you need to do them to 'power up'. You're more likely to awaken in boss fights but that's also when using the wrong skill is most likely to get you killed. The contracting system is also kind of warped becuase its an entire action for you but the enemy 'calling' variants both contract/steal contracts and have spell equivalent side effects.

There's also a bunch of hidden mechanics, that are super annoying from my glance at game FAQ's. You get better rewards for completing maps before selling them but there's no way to tell except quick saving before selling and apparently some maps have monsters that disappear when you sell the map but there's absolutely no way to tell when you've found all the monsters on a map.

There's also some things that seem designed to just be obtuse like telling the story through stones and boss quotes but not recording them in the encyclopedia.

It's like there's about 3 pretty decent game ideas at war with each other.

Are the Saga games like this ?

mstevens

I have a gear question for you guys

I've bought a couple of the 5,000 ships, but I'm always getting weapons around mid to late 20s attack. At this point, should I just be saving my money for some special weapons in the shop? There is one there today around 14,000 with 40+ attack.

I guess what I'm asking is do the weapons and armor from the ships ever improve or do they plateau to the point where you should be shopping at the store instead...

Saga games have a lot of elements in common, but it's generally much better executed and more fleshed out. This is a bad Saga game.

SaGa games are almost always poorly explained, full of obscure mechanics, and generally have a feeling of being rough or unfinished. But I love them for it.

I've come around on this game, and I've played for about 15 hours so far. It has a fantastic battle system and lots to discover.

Every SaGa has a lot of weird stuff that you can only really know about by discussing the games with other fans, or via FAQs (and it's a bit early for those, with LoL). I think that's just fine.

randomkid

Well, I beat the game the other day (30 hours without ever knowing you could speed up battles by holding the A button, yeesh) and unlike just about everyone I basically loved it the whole way through. Normally I'm good at recognizing the flaws in games I like but everyone kept on talking about how miserably repetitive the game loop was and I honestly don't know what to say. Yes there's a stretch around the Mesas where everything looks the same, and yes all you do in the game is fill out maps and return to town, but most of the maps are dense with environmental variation, small gimmicks like spikes, poison trees, freezing ice, mirages, burning torches, F.O.E.s to avoid or engage, and even some late game endurance trials that reminded me of Shin Megami Tensei dungeons when it comes to resource depletion (those dang spikes!). And with each map sold, the changing townsfolk dialogue was something I looked forward to, with all these neat little details on warring kingdoms, trade federations, churches, elementals and god-people to fill your imagination and expand the world scope.

I loved the game resonance of randomly but steadily unlocking skills, equipment, maps, story. I loved the lack of yammering dialogue portraits. I loved the pop up aesthetics, the gorgeous music, the impeccable localization, and the challenge. I loved the frog. It's too bad everyone hated this game, and maybe I was helped by rock bottom expectations, but this is a great little RPG and it's nice that along with Oreshika on the Vita I've been able to find nostalgic but fresh RPGs to play in 2015.

d+pad

I feel exactly the same way, or nearly the same--although I've yet to beat the game. (I'm about 30 hours in, but I grind like a fiend and love every second of it.) I can understand why this game isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely mine :)

randomkid

Yeah the worst thing about the game for me was the enemies, those were definitely repetitive (visually) and just plain bad. But the battling was engaging the whole way through and they somehow devised a random skill unlock progression scheme that felt way more logical and addictive than SaGa, in my experience. I just kept wanting to play!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This game is on my radar but not enough for me to drop everything and buy it right away. Weird systems done in a cryptic way. Never had a game shut off access to the menu during the tutorial before, that was an odd choice, as is mapping screenshots to start.

Beartruck

Got back into this after a break and got the wind singing shard. SP regen plus half damage is so much better than the fire magic I don't see a reason to ever use fire again.

UCBooties

Here's a list of stance locations pulled from a wiki. I'm not sure about Ambush and Delay since I already had them when I started translating this, but I personally confirmed the rest of them.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a comprehensive list of locations you can find them, it's just the most convenient ones since you can just pop in and check if anyone's there.

Anyone found Anticipate anywhere else? I am getting screwed in the last battle because I can't have my char with water contract go last...

Anyone found Anticipate anywhere else? I am getting screwed in the last battle because I can't have my char with water contract go last...

The guide is only really good for telling you where the helpful NPCs can be found, in my experience there's no consistency in terms of which one will teach you which stance.

It does seem like it's easier to get an NPC to teach you a new stance right after a major event or boss fight but maybe that was just the luck of the draw.

I started a NG+ and I'm trying to figure out how I beat this game without throwing my 3DS across the room. The game is so frustrating at lower levels before you get enough magic/skills to offset the cheapness of the random mobs.

Croc

Banned
I believe so. You at least keep learned abilities so I assume it extends to stats too, but I've never checked to verify.

Yeah I just ended up winging it and you keep stuff. It's helpful to know cause I can try and level abilities on stronger enemies without having to worry as much about dying.

Also have a question about how viable it is to switch a new character at some point. I most recently finished Forest Ruins and am in that desert area now. My starting character was Garnet with who I was given Owen and Meurs. I wasn't a huge fan of Meurs and heard Bianca was pretty great so I switched Meurs out with Bianca once I got her. I've done probably an hour or two of grinding with her but she's hardly gained any levels at all. In fact I think my other way stronger characters have leveled stuff up more than her. My other 2 characters are at around 150 HP while she's still around 50. I'd love to use her as my third character but it just seems like it'd take forever to catch her back up if things continue at this pace. It might just be better to switch back to Meurs.

Mcdohl

What's the point of all the statue items and/or fragment items?

In fact, what's the point of all non-usable / non-equipabble items besides key items?

I've made it all the way to Bottomless Pit before I took a break. I plan on getting back it, and I think I am kind of close to the end. There should not be too many maps after this one. I'm not looking too much at the guides, because I want the final moments of the game to be a surprise.

Z3M0G

Damn... I was really hoping this was a nice game to pick up and get back into playing my 3DS... I enjoyed the Saga games back in the day, and enjoyed this "leveling" system from the classic Final Fantasy Legend games...

I keep looking at my 3DS and thinking "I should finish this." Then I put it down after 10 minutes.

The random nature of learning abilities and even of obtaining weapons leaves me little to aim for in terms of character progression. You're never closer to or farther from learning a new skill. Most of my characters moves do the same thing (there're, what, 5 different S.Sword skills that cost 0 SP and do minimal damage?) and when I find a cool new one, within 20 minutes one of my other characters will have learned it too.

Combat was good at first, but after getting Wind Contract there seems to be few occasions to do anything else besides spam that and either Bladestorm or physical attacks, despite wind being dominant reducing their effectiveness. Eating up multi-target sweep attacks with a shield user is sweet though.

The lack of story content means there's nothing much of interest to push towards, either. I don't know what the story holds in store, but so far it's been about singing statues and magical fireflies, which just isn't that compelling.

Ah well. I'll finish it eventually.

Kent

Most of my characters moves do the same thing (there're, what, 5 different S.Sword skills that cost 0 SP and do minimal damage?) and when I find a cool new one, within 20 minutes one of my other characters will have learned it too.
This is one of the things that's (brilliantly-) understated in SaGa games.

Sure, there are multiple zero-SP cost attacks. But look at their descriptions, and it'll clue you in on how they're different. The Sword ones, for example, have different damage type ratios between slashing and piercing, which make them more or less effective against different types of enemies... As well as causing you to be more likely to learn related skill (i.e. doing more "thrust" attacks with swords will cause you to be much more likely to learn other "thrust" type attacks, than the slashing ones would).

d+pad

Damn... I was really hoping this was a nice game to pick up and get back into playing my 3DS... I enjoyed the Saga games back in the day, and enjoyed this "leveling" system from the classic Final Fantasy Legend games...

And...??? Did you say this because you think the game has been received poorly by folks on this forum? Because most people in this thread have enjoyed it--myself included.

Personally, I'd say that if you liked any of the old SaGa games, you'll probably like this one, too. It's less story-focused, and it's not quite as flashy as some of the old SaGa titles (SaGa Frontier, especially), but it's still a good, fun, weird RPG.

Personally, I'd say that if you liked any of the old SaGa games, you'll probably like this one, too. It's less story-focused, and it's not quite as flashy as some of the old SaGa titles (SaGa Frontier, especially), but it's still a good, fun, weird RPG.

I wouldn't take that as a given, I'm a huge Saga fan and don't think this game is a good one of those.

d+pad

I wouldn't take that as a given, I'm a huge Saga fan and don't think this game is a good one of those.

Hmmm, I didn't meant to imply it's a given. Surely it's a possibility, though? I guess it depends on what you want from the game, what you tend to like, etc. For me, this is kind of like SaGa mixed with a roguelike, which suits me just fine. If that sounds terrible to you, you'll probably be better off staying away from this game.

randomkid

And...??? Did you say this because you think the game has been received poorly by folks on this forum? Because most people in this thread have enjoyed it--myself included.

well, like most Official Threads, the people who tend to post are just the ones who enjoyed it. If you expand out beyond here it's fair to say people like us are in the minority. I can still count the number of people who've actually finished the game on one hand.

staen

It's a shame more people don't enjoy this game. I adore it but I feel like very few share my enthusiasm. Didn't think I'd even start a second play through but began soon after completing the game. Currently on NG+ right before the Great Crag. Decided to do the scripted Wanderlust battle with my team's HP values at about 140-160. I think it's much easier to awaken things when you're quite a bit weaker than your opponent.

DplrEQX.jpg

j9rUjBP.jpg

Liber didn't learn anything since he was mostly on healing duty. I'm trying to use charms more this time around since I mostly neglected them on my first game. I skipped over Shifting Sands the first time too so some of these fire charms are completely new to me. A lot of people swear by water contracting+Water Shield, but I'm pretty sure Sunlight Veil is stronger than Water Shield. Phoenix's Grace also seems interesting but the duration of the spell seems rather short? I'm assuming it goes up as you level it or perhaps it is dependent on fire element influence?

It's a shame more people don't enjoy this game. I adore it but I feel like very few share my enthusiasm. Didn't think I'd even start a second play through but began soon after completing the game. Currently on NG+ right before the Great Crag. Decided to do the scripted Wanderlust battle with my team's HP values at about 140-160. I think it's much easier to awaken things when you're quite a bit weaker than your opponent.

DplrEQX.jpg

j9rUjBP.jpg

Liber didn't learn anything since he was mostly on healing duty. I'm trying to use charms more this time around since I mostly neglected them on my first game. I skipped over Shifting Sands the first time too so some of these fire charms are completely new to me. A lot of people swear by water contracting+Water Shield, but I'm pretty sure Sunlight Veil is stronger than Water Shield. Phoenix's Grace also seems interesting but the duration of the spell seems rather short? I'm assuming it goes up as you level it or perhaps it is dependent on fire element influence?

New Game+ does seem poorly implemented in this game, but I share similar enthusiasm for this game. I don't plan on doing NG+, but I do have two files going on concurrently. The first file uses Owen, Garnet, and Filmia. The second one uses Eloise, Liber, and Bianca. I am using different weapons on everyone. There are so many ways to both explore and complete battles in this game.

staen

New Game+ does seem poorly implemented in this game, but I share similar enthusiasm for this game. I don't plan on doing NG+, but I do have two files going on concurrently. The first file uses Owen, Garnet, and Filmia. The second one uses Eloise, Liber, and Bianca. I am using different weapons on everyone. There are so many ways to both explore and complete battles in this game.

I feel like that's why subsequent playthroughs are still fun. I'm a lot weaker at this point in the game than I was during my first playthrough but that's led to much easier awakenings. Since I actually know most of the areas, I can progress pretty quickly with minimal battles and since I know most of the fights, I can usually beat them with less health. I'm wondering how low I can go for the final boss. 300 seems pretty safe but I'm thinking maybe even mid 200s might be doable. Probably won't try it on this game but maybe in the future.

Why do you think NG+ is poorly implemented? I think it's mostly fine the way it is. I don't like the way the merchant ship works though. Would've preferred some form of scaling for it.

Its definitely easier to awaken on powerful enemies but that can leave you in a really bad state. I learned my 2nd bow skill (which is one of my characters primary weapon)) during my first encounter with a shadow giant, a fight that involved a great deal of resetting to get to the point where I could learn skills and survive to run away). They probably should have factored in the number/power of skills you know rather than just your raw power to avoid things like that. Especially since its really easy to overlevel for the early areas if you're just trying to explore thoroughly and beat up all the enemies you encounter.

I feel like that's why subsequent playthroughs are still fun. I'm a lot weaker at this point in the game than I was during my first playthrough but that's led to much easier awakenings. Since I actually know most of the areas, I can progress pretty quickly with minimal battles and since I know most of the fights, I can usually beat them with less health. I'm wondering how low I can go for the final boss. 300 seems pretty safe but I'm thinking maybe even mid 200s might be doable. Probably won't try it on this game but maybe in the future.

Why do you think NG+ is poorly implemented? I think it's mostly fine the way it is. I don't like the way the merchant ship works though. Would've preferred some form of scaling for it.

There should have been an option to carry more things over (similar to the Etrian Odyssey Untold games).

I'm kind of interested in this game, I've played SaGa games before and think Kawazu has some great, if never fully realized, ideas. The reviews on this seem kind of mixed though. Is the demo a good representation of the final game?

I'm kind of interested in this game, I've played SaGa games before and think Kawazu has some great, if never fully realized, ideas. The reviews on this seem kind of mixed though. Is the demo a good representation of the final game?

Yeah, it's literally the first bit of the game and your progress transfers over.
The full game is basically just a further exploration of the things introduced in the demo (new skills, enemy types, magic to use, etc) so if you like the demo you'll probably like the full game as well.

staen

There should have been an option to carry more things over (similar to the Etrian Odyssey Untold games).

I never finished EO:U, but it looks like what you carry over is optional in NG+? Kind of like SMTIV? I think this game works best without too much carrying over but I guess giving people more options would have been ideal. Not too much carried over in Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song because NG+ was more about planning new ways to progress/develop your characters based on discoveries in previous playthroughs. I feel like The Legend of Legacy is the same but with less emphasis on world discovery and more focus on character builds and battles.

Its definitely easier to awaken on powerful enemies but that can leave you in a really bad state. I learned my 2nd bow skill (which is one of my characters primary weapon)) during my first encounter with a shadow giant, a fight that involved a great deal of resetting to get to the point where I could learn skills and survive to run away). They probably should have factored in the number/power of skills you know rather than just your raw power to avoid things like that. Especially since its really easy to overlevel for the early areas if you're just trying to explore thoroughly and beat up all the enemies you encounter.

Oh, I'm well aware of the risks of being under leveled. I killed a shadow giant early in the game on my first playthrough with Owen after fighting only 3-4 battles(tutorial+dreadwing+soul legion+random mob?). It required a lot of resetting because the shadow giant can easily kill you in 1-2 turns and it usually took me about 2 turns to set up water dominance.

It would make sense if the number of skills you've already awakened were also factored into the probability of new awakenings. Are we sure they don't? Awakening skills seems slightly progressive to me in that I've never gone from knowing only one or two low/mid tier skills to suddenly learning a high tier skill. I usually awaken several low/mid tier skills before learning a high tier. This might just be due to the low probability of high tier skills. I believe that most high tier skills only awaken through mid tier skills as well. I'm guessing you might mean how many skills you know across all weapons/charms in which case they don't seem to be related at all. The problem I see with that is it might have easily allowed you to awaken every skill in the game in one play through which I don't feel the game was designed for even though some people try grinding for it.

Any tips for the boss in the Shipyard? There's a serious lack of guides on this game

This is a bit late, but for anyone else that has trouble with the Ship Graveyard boss, Cloud Armor is amazing in the fight. Cloud Armor is basically an Air Shield on steroids but single target rather than party. Air Shield/Cloud Armor reduces damage on projectiles, rushing attacks and piercing attacks. Nearly all attacks in the fight fall under one of those categories. The exception is blast rain, but that can be reduced by fire shield(maybe water shield? didn't test it). The great thing about Cloud Armor is that it can be used in conjunction with Fire/Water/Air Shields. The damage reduction is tremendous too. My party has pretty low guard stats and at times were one shotted by the turtle at full health. Cloud armor reduced his ramming attack to 0. All ship attacks, including single target projectile,AOE and rushes, also did 0 damage. Set up air dominance asap to reduce damage, throw up a fire(or water?) shield and then put cloud armor on your healer or whoever you deem most important. You can even put cloud armor on your entire party but I wouldn't waste the turns/sp.

Croc

Banned
So, I reached the ship graveyard and figured this would be a good time to try and grind out learning whispering shards for everyone. Before I do that though I want to fully understand how they work. Can someone only use one element of whispering shard per battle even if they've learned them? I haven't paid a ton of attention but I'm pretty sure on Bianca who has by far the most shard abilities, I've only ever noticed one type showing in a battle at a time. I don't wanna waste time trying to teach her wind and fire abilities too if she won't even be able to use them in the same battle

If that's the case I'll just designate an element to each character.

edit: I'm also curious about the extent of learnable skills from whispering shards. I assumed they only taught whatever skill they were, but I've now had a few times where they ended up teaching me skills I didn't have equipped, and even powerful skills I'd never seen before (rejuvenation I think?). So is it hypothetically possible to learn all of an elements skill set with only one whispering shard?

I really wish there were more detailed guides on this game lol

staen

So, I reached the ship graveyard and figured this would be a good time to try and grind out learning whispering shards for everyone. Before I do that though I want to fully understand how they work. Can someone only use one element of whispering shard per battle even if they've learned them? I haven't paid a ton of attention but I'm pretty sure on Bianca who has by far the most shard abilities, I've only ever noticed one type showing in a battle at a time. I don't wanna waste time trying to teach her wind and fire abilities too if she won't even be able to use them in the same battle

If that's the case I'll just designate an element to each character.

edit: I'm also curious about the extent of learnable skills from whispering shards. I assumed they only taught whatever skill they were, but I've now had a few times where they ended up teaching me skills I didn't have equipped, and even powerful skills I'd never seen before (rejuvenation I think?). So is it hypothetically possible to learn all of an elements skill set with only one whispering shard?

I really wish there were more detailed guides on this game lol

In order to use charms(shard abilities), you need to have either a whispering shard, singing shard or a weapon that has an elemental affinity(certain weapons will have a + symbol next to them representing fire, water or wind depending on their color). You need to have a shard/weapon of that element equipped to use charms of that element. So if Bianca has learned water, wind and fire abilities, she'll still only be able to use fire if that's the only type of shard/weapon you have equipped. You can setup characters to have access to all elemental abilities through equipping a shard/weapon of each element.

Certain spells have chances of awakening other spells but it's not possible to awaken everything from just one spell. You can check the wikia for more info:

http://thelegendoflegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Charms

Croc

Banned
In order to use charms(shard abilities), you need to have either a whispering shard, singing shard or a weapon that has an elemental affinity(certain weapons will have a + symbol next to them representing fire, water or wind depending on their color). You need to have a shard/weapon of that element equipped to use charms of that element. So if Bianca has learned water, wind and fire abilities, she'll still only be able to use fire if that's the only type of shard/weapon you have equipped. You can setup characters to have access to all elemental abilities through equipping a shard/weapon of each element.

Certain spells have chances of awakening other spells but it's not possible to awaken everything from just one spell. You can check the wikia for more info:

http://thelegendoflegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Charms

Oh damn, cool. Thanks! I might have to invest in some new weapons then.

I'm stuck on that dang boss in B3 of the pit. Thinking I might have to do some more grinding for HP and abilities cause he's totally destroying me. Sometimes he even OHKO's two people on the first turn.

Mcdohl

Just beat the game under 20 hours (without rushing it). I completed 100% all maps sans Shifting Sands which I did not even get to.

I did not kill the Black or Green dragons either.

According to HLTB, people take over 30 hours to complete the main scenario.

Did you guys take that long as well? I had Eloise, Owen, and Liber as my party.

Anyways, the game was cool but not superb. It's not a must-play imo.

Here's my take for those still on the fence about getting this game.

PROS:
+Music
+Battle system has interesting mechanics
+Challenging
+100%ing maps is fun

CONS:
-Lack of real plot (I felt accomplished when beating the game, but I didn't care about the story at all, which is a big con in an RPG)
-Lack of character development (If they are going to have such generic characters, why not let you create your own instead?)
-Lack of enemy diversity (I felt like I fought palette swaps of enemies through the entire game)

staen

Well, only 4 people were polled on HLTB, but 30 hours is also what reviewers put it at. From other forums, I've seen people complete it in the mid 20s so under 20 is probably a bit on the fast side. I think a lot of that time can come from battles since they can take quite awhile. I took something like ~40 mins trying to kill a shadow giant early on. I also recall someone getting an early copy and reaching the end in about 12 hours but they carried over data from the demo. After beating the game once, I think subsequent playthroughs are most likely in the ~15 hour range.

My first game took about 26 hours or so and I also skipped over shifting sands but did kill the black and green dragon. Died many,many times to the green dragon. Died once to the black dragon because hellfire decided to instadeath my entire team. I believe there is a retry option if you lose to the dragons but I'm not sure if it adds to your time or not.

Why did you skip the green dragon? Encountering the green dragon was one of the best moments in the game for me.

Mcdohl

Well, only 4 people were polled on HLTB, but 30 hours is also what reviewers put it at. From other forums, I've seen people complete it in the mid 20s so under 20 is probably a bit on the fast side. I think a lot of that time can come from battles since they can take quite awhile. I took something like ~40 mins trying to kill a shadow giant early on. I also recall someone getting an early copy and reaching the end in about 12 hours but they carried over data from the demo. After beating the game once, I think subsequent playthroughs are most likely in the ~15 hour range.

My first game took about 26 hours or so and I also skipped over shifting sands but did kill the black and green dragon. Died many,many times to the green dragon. Died once to the black dragon because hellfire decided to instadeath my entire team. I believe there is a retry option if you lose to the dragons but I'm not sure if it adds to your time or not.

Why did you skip the green dragon? Encountering the green dragon was one of the best moments in the game for me.

I did attempt it but failed.

I chose to finish the game rather than 100% it since I wanted to start playing other games (now playing Stella Glow).

And weird, I guess since there's a lot of RNG involved on this game, that's what affects the playtimes so much.

For example, whenever I had to 'grind' because enemies were obliterating me...weapons and armors unlocked via StreetPass very quickly unblocked me, and therefore I could skip grinding. This happened a couple of times.

Sora_N

This game is pretty fun, I got it since it was $20.

Somehow I put in 4 hours already and I've been grinding in FFXIV this week also.

I just got into some cave, touched a dragon's egg and got rekt. :(

I picked Garnet, by default Owen is the 'tank' in the default formation. Then I discovered Garnet is basically a defending beast, then she learned Ricochet and it's been amazing.

Took me a while to figure out how to handle more than 3 enemies and it takes a boss/miniboss to wreck me hard. It's hard to tell how strong I need to be by the time I get to certain enemies.

I have the axe equipped on Garnet to try to get her to learn some skills, but the accuracy seems to suck a lot compared to swords.

Taruranto

Am I supposed to just spam magic hoping my characters will learn the spell eventually? This is NUTS.

Also I wish lower-level enemies would stop agroing. Makes exploring low-level maps for 100% a chore. :(

I'm stalled in this after about 25 hours. Not stuck progression-wise, but just feeling the grind pretty bad after the halfway point. As low-budget as the first half feels, the second half feels so much more cheap, and I'm not sparking skills nearly as often anymore. I might pick it up again sometime, but I think it's just run out of steam for me.

Croc

Banned
I'm stalled in this after about 25 hours. Not stuck progression-wise, but just feeling the grind pretty bad after the halfway point. As low-budget as the first half feels, the second half feels so much more cheap, and I'm not sparking skills nearly as often anymore. I might pick it up again sometime, but I think it's just run out of steam for me.

Yeah, that's kinda where I am. I'm stuck on that boss on floor 3 of the bottomless pit. It's not that it seems particularly hard, it's just I need more HP and skills so two people aren't constantly knocked out in one turn. And I don't know if I have the motivation to do that, especially considering I have no idea when I'll actually get more HP.

staen

I'm wondering if instead of needing more HP, you need a higher guard stat? You know the attack/guard/support stance levels also double as your base stats so they're in effect even when you're not in that specific stance. If you haven't had your characters fighting in guard stance enough, their overall defenses are probably too low.

Top Bottom