• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

ReyVGM

Welp, can't enter youtube anymore. After listening to that track the main page is now filled with the entire soundtrack filled with spoilery names.

SomTervo

I'm outta here, not that you can spoil a 40-+ hour experience with a few words or pics.

I'm not bothered about Zelda's story, like at all, but yeah. Better safe than sorry.

Time to go brain deep into Horizon Zero Dawn.

Seriously, guys. The entire game has leaked and is easily obtainable by any asshole out there who wants to ruin your day. Stay off ALL social media.

Plum

Welp, can't enter youtube anymore. After listening to that track the main page is now filled with the entire soundtrack filled with spoilery names.

I'm scared that, having watched the three main trailers so much over the past week, I'll start getting shit like "DARTH VADER IN ZELDA? FINAL BOSS!!!!" in my suggestion box.

Koyuga

Has there been any leaks about how long the average play time is to beat the game? I know it's massive but just in general.

I've heard 20-ish hours for the main story, but I'm guessing its closer to 30. But in a game like this, who can focus on just the main quests? This is easily going to be a 100+ hour games for me. I spent 70 hours on my first playthrough in Twilight Princess.

Good thing I cleared and paused all search and viewing history so Youtube can't recommend things to me ever again.

I've heard 20-ish hours for the main story. But in a game like this, who can focus on just the main quests?

Pretty sure it's more than that.

LordKano

Just want you to know that the Wii U version looks rad. Not as sharp as the Switch one, but still, it won't downplay the experience if you play it on Wii U.

Plum

Thanks!

Try cleaning your YouTube History. That's what I do when I start getting unwanted suggestions.

I've paused my search history and cleared it but I still get recommendations.

But still, I don't have any of the usual gaming sites that post spoilerific gameplay videos (looking at you, IGN) in my subscriptions so if I just stay there I should be fine.

LordKano

I just played the first few minutes of the leaked WiiU version and honestly, I can´t see a difference to the Switch version.

Just yesterday I watched these Gamersyde videos on the same TV and they look absolutely the same:
http://gamersyde.com/news_our_switch_videos_of_zelda_botw-18831_en.html

Same LoD, same Textures, same LoD in distance.

I think in the end it just come down to resolution, framerate (?) and improved audio on Switch.

Switch version has a better resolution, better AA and better framerate. That's about as much as you can do in less than a year.

Metalgus

Banned
To the people who have watched the Wii U version being installed and played, how long did the install take? I want to schedule my gaming session for Friday as I'm tight for time. Thanks.

Switch version has a better resolution, better AA and better framerate. That's about as much as you can do in less than a year.
+ improved audio.

But all assets are the same, thats good I think.

Whats also interesting is, that there is a brief loadingtime everytime when I return to the game from the Homemenu.
I guess the game uses every possible ressource it can, kind of like SSB4 on 3DS.

Neoweee

They probably should have multiple save files without having to change profiles. Yes, you can create other profiles, but is the standard going to be having a second Switch profile as a dumping ground for different playthroughs of games?

Effect

Well I'm out. Don't want to take the risk that someone will find it fun to account suicide by just making a thread or a post full of spoilers because they take pleasure in being a spiteful sob to others. This why I've been very careful about who I follow on Twitter, don't really read twitter threads from Nintendo tweets, and have stayed away from other forums. NeoGaf is the last place I've taken the risk with. Might still check out the preorder or technical threads for the rest of the day and then that's it until Saturday. Might try to stay away from the main forum page though. I hope I can remain strong. Trying to stay away from youtube save for a very few select peopl that I know don't post spoilers.

They probably should have multiple save files without having to change profiles. Yes, you can create other profiles, but is the standard going to be having a second Switch profile as a dumping ground for different playthroughs of games?

You can save everywhere you want and create new files, kind of like Skyrim, Witcher etc.

The Lamp

I can't believe the Wii U version leaked.

I gotta get off the internet for the next couple days.

god speed neogaf, god speed.

I can.

The idea that other people in the public are playing this game right now and I am not because I am waiting for my Switch copy is literally (not figuratively) killing me lol

Top Bottom