• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

3 days

10 hours

40 minutes

giphy.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
Mixture of the extra Switch RAM and Nvidia's audio tools. I remember Nvidia touting them when they announced they would be working with Nintendo on their blog.

Afrodium

Banned
So the Wii U version has the same textures and LOD? Does it have the same colors? Past comparisons showed the Wii U version to be subsist desaturated, but it was unknown if this was a hardware constraint or just the way the game looked at E3.

If it's just resolution and some frame rate dips then I'm sold on the Wii U version.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So the Wii U version has the same textures and LOD? Does it have the same colors? Past comparisons showed the Wii U version to be subsist desaturated, but it was unknown if this was a hardware constraint or just the way the game looked at E3.

If it's just resolution and some frame rate dips then I'm sold on the Wii U version.

The Wii-U version looks very colorful, don't worry.

jariw

Cucurbitacée;231140114 said:
You fish by hand in this game, no fishing rod. Sorry.

Really? That was not what I got from the spoiler thread yesterday. Can't enter that thread anymore, though...

Does Switch support surround sound or is it stereo only when docked?

The Wii U is 5.1 surround through HDMI. Can't imagine they downgrade that on the Switch?

ckaneo

Same game different framerate and resolutions

I think the HD ruins it IMO. It's supposed to look like an impressionist painting. I've seen the Dolphin HD in pictures and in motion and it looses it's charm. Sure it looks cleaner and more detailed but that is not what it was supposed to look like.

Yes for some inexplicable reasons the screens I saw had the bokah blurring turned off, which killed the entire look and effect. If Nintendo were to do an HD port I'm sure they'd keep that intact, seeing as their entire reason for texturing/shading/blurring things that way was to make it look like a painting.

Are people really getting the digital version of this game? Doesn't' that kill any possibility of resale.

This may surprise you but some people buy games and then keep them forever o:

So the Wii U version has the same textures and LOD?

I think there's a lower draw distance for the Wii U release, though it could be a fog weather effect in the comparison pictures

Does it have the same colors? Past comparisons showed the Wii U version to be subsist desaturated, but it was unknown if this was a hardware constraint or just the way the game looked at E3.

I'm sure it's a hardware constraint, the Wii U is restricted to a limited RGB color range, but the Switch supports full range

Anteo

Are people really getting the digital version of this game? Doesn't' that kill any possibility of resale.

If I planned to buy a switch I would get the physical version, but since is on WiiU, who is gonna buy my copy of the WiiU game? In my country everyone is gonna pirate it anyways so I wont be able to resell at all.

Nanashrew

Banned
Wii U version is colorful so people shouldn't have to worry about that. The problem was just all captured footage of it previously was often done terribly. Wii U is limited RGB and no one seemed to account for that, even Nintendo's own footage. Switch allows for full and limited RGB and auto so things came out better during recordings making it look colorful and better.

Really? That was not what I got from the spoiler thread yesterday. Can't enter that thread anymore, though...
I only been once to the spoiler thread, so I don't know exactly what you're talking about. But anyway, no doubt about what I said in spoiler tag earlier.

Dam. I was so sure I wouldn't purchase the new Switch on launch. But this game genuinely looks amazing in preview videos. Breath of the wild looks like a once in a generation game.

I've probably "spoiled" the first 3-4 hours for myself. But I wouldn't have purchased the game otherwise. The last Zeda I truly enjoyed (and finished) was Wind Waker.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Who resells Nintendo games....

Me. Love that they hold value. With GCU/Prime I usually break even or make a small profit by selling after beating.

I'm not a collector and rarely ever replay things, especially long games.

Plum

I don't know if the Staff Roll music includes spoiler cues, etc, but goddamn is it beautiful.

That's good to hear. But I ain't listening to that shit, man. I'd have hated it if I heard god-tier end credit music like Mario Galaxy's, TLoU's, Dark Souls', etc before I had completed the games.

Jobbs

Banned
Can the 3.5 headphone jack on the switch be accessed while it's docked? I want to use headphones while playing Zelda on my television.

Neoweee

ABORT ABORT ABORT on even looking at song titles. One was a big spoiler, but even some of the others are spoiler-y with regards to locations. Up until about 10 minutes ago, Titles were at least safe.

But not anymore.

Coffinhal

Can the 3.5 headphone jack on the switch be accessed while it's docked? I want to use headphones while playing Zelda on my television.

IIRC Yes.

ABORT ABORT ABORT on even looking at song titles. One was a big spoiler, but even some of the others are spoiler-y with regards to locations.

Yep I'm out too, people did not believe me when I said that gaf wasn't safe haha.

Top Bottom