• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Makai

Why do people think this game is set after Wind Waker?

Very clearly set between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. Temple of Time is the first building you see. Zoras aren't extinct. Koroks and Rutos still around. Not to mention the whole plot seems to be based on the prologue tapestries from Wind Waker

yeah I've been watching that video again because A) it's so beautifully captured and B) it does a great job of showing off the world

the lighting in this game is fucking gorgeous. I don't think an online gif maker will capture the quality but here's a time stamp. the way you can see the lighting on the grass at night when he turns the camera is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYO47HUW8L8&t=4m1s

Great footage. Can definitely see a lot of framedrops but none of them are when you are actually engaged with something. Riding on horseback and having some dips isn't the end of the world, especially with the dense grass and gigantic world.

Experience Breath of the Wild the way it was meant to be: on your Sony 4K TV.

C5msTGyUwAE4B0D.jpg
Wait this isn't real is it? The game isn't even 1080p nor does it have hdr?

Spinluck

Isn't Zelda lore laying way too unorganized to try and piece together?

I remember Nintendo releasing that time chart and I kind of just rolled my eyes. It was cool that they did it, but yeah.

Kinsei

Banned
Isn't Zelda lore laying way too unorganized to try and piece together?

I remember Nintendo releasing that time chart and I kind of just rolled my eyes. It was cool that they did it, but yeah.

Only the 2D games. all of the 3D games (so far) fit together really well.

ckaneo

Very clearly set between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. Temple of Time is the first building you see. Zoras aren't extinct. Koroks and Rutos still around. Not to mention the whole plot seems to be based on the prologue tapestries from Wind Waker

It's probably not the windwaker timeline

gardfish

neither of those, it's the downfall timeline fam

JoeInky

that makes sense too. Does that mean Link is the Hero of Time or nah?

Possible but probably not.

The resurrection chamber does make sense for playing as a defeated hero of time, but I'm guessing it's just going to be some other link that died.

Revven

This game, man. It's gonna be such a hard week to wait through! And then on top of it, the day it comes out I have a job interview for a second part time job. Gonna be so harddddd.

PrimeBeef

Despite Aunoma saying it is not in the adult timeline and that the adult time line has not ravaged by Ganon through the ages. There is tapestry artwork for ALttP and the downfall timeline is the only one with multiple artacks from Ganon.

A simple retcon of a story written 30 years ago when they had really no continuity can be easily made putting the Zoras in hiding. Rutos and Koroks could be in any timeline. Koroks the form the Kokiri took when they fled the forest. It is beleived the Koroks are the true form since they are the children of the Great Deku tree. Being magical plant life that can change shape makes more sense than magical elves that evolved into plants.

mr.beers

So has it been said if you can spend minimal time on the Plateau? Get the 4 shrines out of the way, obtain the paraglider and go?

Zurick

Banned
Oh shit. My Best Buy Switch order status just went from "pre-ordered" to "preparing..." :O

fMR3ovB.png

The price of physical prodigy, two more years and you'll be another dead clone of the old Switch. Our raw materials are vintage, brother! Reggie was in his late-fifties when they started making copies!

Plum

So has it been said if you can spend minimal time on the Plateau? Get the 4 shrines out of the way, obtain the paraglider and go?

Yeah, the only things you really should do on the plataeu are the 4 shrines, the first Ubi-Tower and getting the paraglider.

Astral Dog

Its not set after WW because Aonuma confirmed so awhile ago. Its not either before Wind Waker becsuse its not in the "adult" timeline.

The only thing we know so far is that Hyrule has clashed many times against Ganon so this could be after OoT link lost .
Or a new timeline.whatever they do

Top Bottom