• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D getting a LE in North America

Revenile

A couple think that Toys R Us, Target and Walmart will put preorders up when a release date is known. Heck someone said they talked to a best buy rep and they said they had more, but are waiting for the release date to be released before putting more up.

LOLCats

Banned
Why won't Nitnendo offer a 1 per person offer on their website...it's shit like this that makes no sense.

To be fair, nintendo America doesnt really have an online store. As compared to EU, where you could order this last time i checked a couple days ago. I wonder why US doesnt have nice online storefront and im jelly of EU.

MattyG

Banned
What happens if Amazon tries to ship something and you don't have enough money on your card? Do they just cancel it? I'm paranoid that I'm going to forget and not have enough on my card and lose my order (since I usually keep a fairly low balance).

What happens if Amazon tries to ship something and you don't have enough money on your card? Do they just cancel it? I'm paranoid that I'm going to forget and not have enough on my card and lose my order (since I usually keep a fairly low balance).

Buy a gift card now and pay it off with the gift card immediately. Then you'll have a fully paid for preorder.

There is no justifiable way a game should sell out of it's limited edition before the thing even has a damned release date. They should make enough that everyone who wants to preorder one can get one,at minimum.

They're just throwing money away.

I dunno it sounds like they're doing pretty well on this.

There is no justifiable way a game should sell out of it's limited edition before the thing even has a damned release date. They should make enough that everyone who wants to preorder one can get one,at minimum.

Well you see here, the game can still be preordered anywhere. This thing called a limited edition, which is the game and a limited edition statue, is sold out. Hence the term limited. You can still get the game just fine.

Exile20

It's not called "Preorder Edition"

Well you see here, the game can still be preordered anywhere. This thing called a limited edition, which is the game and a limited edition statue, is sold out. Hence the term limited. You can still get the game just fine.
Their limited have been ridiculously worse than everyone else. No other game sells out in an hour. It's reasonable in this sense to be frustrated. You can still have it limited and sell out and last more than a couple hours after it's posted

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

No.

A limited editions whole point is hat its limited. That's the appeal.

A limited edition loses its appeal when you can find hundreds of them in bargan bins after the release of a game.

I have a limited edition Damascus Steel Long Claw sword, it's one in 500 in the world. That's why I bought it. If you could pick them up anywhere, I wouldn't have bought it..

Nintendo is doing this right. Everyone who wants to play the game can. Those who were lucky enough to get the LE, did.

Pikma

Banned
No.

A limited edition loses its appeal when you can find hundreds of them in bargan bins after the release of a game.

I have a limited edition Damascus Steel Long Claw sword, it's one in 500 in the world. That's why I bought it. If you could pick them up anywhere, I wouldn't have bought it..

Nintendo is doing this right. Everyone who wants to play the game can. Those who were lucky enough to get the LE, did.
Dude, do you know an item can be available for a week, let alone 24 hours, and still be called Limited Edition? This shit has to stop already

Pikma

Banned
No.

But that's a different story entirely.

Limited Editions are intentionally *gasp* Limited.
I was talking about Nintendo and it's lately habit to do these kind of supply shortages things, that's why I mentioned them all together, sorry if I offended you.

BigTnaples

Dude, do you know an item can be available for a week, let alone 24 hours, and still be called Limited Edition? This shit has to stop already

Limited Edition has nothing to do with the amount of time it's available....

You can make 100 limited editions and if the demand isn't there it will take weeks to sell out.

You can make 100,000 of another LE and if the demands there, it can sell out in hours.

It doesn't have to stop, it's been like this forever. Intentionally. Because that's how collectors editions and limited editions are supposed to be.

That's why when a Dev announced its "actually going to be a limited run" people sigh relief, because all too often a company will claim it's an LE, then after the game releases, you see the LE over produced and in bargan bins everywhere. ruining the whole concept for everyone.

We saw this wih the Halo 3 LE, Skyrim LE, etc.

Awesome LE's production wise, but they were way over produced. Ruining it for collectors.

Shoyz

Limiteds being limited is a good thing, so long as everyone gets the opportunity.

What's worth complaining about is the too short window between announcement and preorders opening on such a limited product (being gone before most would find out about it), and the lack of purchasing limits, because I'm sure someone bought 20 of them.

That said, even if you found out about it at the end of the day, GameStop had the book bundle open for hours the next morning along with in-store orders for hours following, and Best Buy opened preorders later that night. Unless you found out 2 days late, everyone had their chance. The next being to wait for preorder cancellations on release date, and/or heading to a Fry's store.

ironmang

Limiteds being limited is a good thing, so long as everyone gets the opportunity.

What's worth complaining about is the too short window between announcement and preorders opening on such a limited product (being gone before most would find out about it), and the lack of purchasing limits, because I'm sure someone bought 20 of them.

That said, even if you found out about it at the end of the day, GameStop had the book bundle open for hours the next morning along with in-store orders for hours following, and Best Buy opened preorders later that night. Unless you found out 2 days late, everyone had their chance. The next being to wait for preorder cancellations on release date, and/or heading to a Fry's store.

Is it being so limited really a good thing? From a lot of people's responses here they just want the figure and don't care about it being limited or not. It's obviously good for Nintendo since this and Amiibos makes them look like geniuses with all the empty warehouses.

Having such a short window to find a retail store in winter isn't really all that great. I kind of lucked out by checking out this thread during the Best Buy preorders since the roads here were horrible and dangerous during the Gamestop WIS thing.

I can switch payment methods without cancelling and reordering, right?
It's not even really switching. It's applying the gift card to the existing order in addition to the current payment. Whatever is left over will be applied with the current payment method. So if the gift card covers it then there will be a zero balance for the current method. I learned this from the PS4 launch and it worked great.

No.

It's not called "Preorder Edition"

Christ, why is there a defense force for everything.

Not making enough of these is bad for everyone who isn't a scalper. People who want one can't buy it because they're sold out. Nintendo gets less money because they didn't make enough of them to sell at the higher price.

The ONLY people who win are those who intend to flip it for more money.

No the point of a limited edition isn't that "it's limited", it's to give an extra piece of swag to fans who will pay a bit more., making Nintendo more money in the process. If you have an audience who can't buy your product months in advance, you done fucked up bad.

Jawmuncher

Not making enough of these is bad for everyone who isn't a scalper. People who want one can't buy it because they're sold out. Nintendo gets less money because they didn't make enough of them to sell at the higher price.

The ONLY people who win are those who intend to flip it for more money.

It's no use.
People just want to feel better about a figurine they'll have on their shelf.
I have a preorder in and completely agree with you. Makes no sense that this is already OOS. Especially since everyone wanting to throw around that "It's Limited Edition!", it's not like these things are numbered.

BigTnaples

No the point of a limited edition isn't that "it's limited", it's to give an extra piece of swag to fans who will pay a bit more., making Nintendo more money in the process. If you have an audience who can't buy your product months in advance, you done fucked up bad.

You must be new to the world of collecting. Also to the word "Limited".

It's not just the extra swag. It's the limited run.

As I said before, that's why company's have outright apologized for making too many LE's and why company's come out and say "We promise, this is a limited run, not just limited in name alone".

That's why there are numbered editions.

This is why people buy the stuff. Has been since before you were a glint in your fathers eye.

Autographed books, limited run coins, swords, statues, Blu rays, movie posters, handguns, etc etc. The all have limited run variants, all with one common theme, they are limited.

limited edition
n
1. an edition of something such as a book, plate, etc, that is limited to a specified number
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Magwik

Banned
I don't understand. Getting upset that a limited edition is limited for once? 4 years later and I still stroll around Walmart and see 20 copies of the Reach limited edition laying around.

You must be new to the world of collecting. Also to the word "Limited".

It's not just the extra swag. It's the limited run.

If you get more enjoyment out of something because other people can't have it, all I can say, is frankly, you need to be less of an arsehole.

There's no good reason for this stuff to be "limited" at all.

Top Bottom