• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D getting a LE in North America

oatmeal

Banned
Here's a deal...

If someone here has an extra one, I'll trade you a factory sealed Zelda Collector's Edition GameCube disk.

PM me if interested.

WTF

e0JhNeG.png

*buys 10*

Jobbs

Banned
I think a distinction should be made between the sharks on slickdeals -- the type of person who buys every single copy they can, doesn't mind having hundreds of dollars or more tied up in stuff, and has express plans to put them onto ebay as efficiently and timely as possible -- and people who buy a backup to keep sealed "just because". maybe as a backup, maybe to collect and hold onto for years, maybe trade or sell, sure, but no specific plans.

This is a difficult argument to make, especially to anyone who wasn't able to get one, but I think there is a distinction.

In the case of the MM LE, it's been available at several stores and there have been multiple windows of opportunity to preorder, including the $85 gamestop guide bundle, which if I recall was available for hours or more. Compared to some amiibos, such as Rosalina, MM LE is/was a cakewalk.

Me? I like the hunt. I like things that are hard to get. It adds an aspect of adventure to shopping -- I don't want every item to be like this, no, of course not, but the occasional rare LE is nice, and I so much prefer a LE that actually IS limited, rather than most video game LEs which are available in such high quantities that they don't feel at all collectible.

I already had an MM LE preorder secured at amazon, but still went for the gamestop $85 bundle. While everyone else was busy pointing out what a scumbag store gamestop is, I went and placed an order. Any of you who were posting about Gamestop being lame at the time could have. $85 is cheap compared to what they're likely to go for on ebay.

Whenever demand exceeds supply, a secondary market will exist. The idea that demand would outstrip supply and no secondary market exists is an idea so illogical and impossible that I don't understand what you guys are asking for. Yelling about "scalpers" is just as constructive as yelling about a coming storm. Operate within the world that exists. Try and get to the checkout before the scalpers do. Try to get out of your house before the storm arrives. It's just life.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Why does Best Buy not get a spoof name? Is its name already hilarious enough?

GoneBye

Me? I like the hunt. I like things that are hard to get. It adds an aspect of adventure to shopping -- I don't want every item to be like this, no, of course not, but the occasional rare LE is nice, and I so much prefer a LE that actually IS limited, rather than most video game LEs which are available in such high quantities that they don't feel at all collectible.

A jab to the halo reach LE?

Kevin

Nintendo has certainly been giving the middle finger to their American audience. The New 3DS XL comes out here practically last, stuff like this limited edition that nearly nobody will be able to actually buy. Terrible!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Nintendo has certainly been giving the middle finger to their American audience. The New 3DS XL comes out here practically last, stuff like this limited edition that nearly nobody will be able to actually buy. Terrible!

You have to give nintendo credit on actually following the word limited right down to the definition. Though I do believe that the announcement and the ability to pre-order it should have been a few days apart

Hattori

Banned
No Ambassador n3DS program :(

zeldarocks

Neo Member
Alright guys, at this point, I don't know whether I'm going to have to cancel my original order at Gamestop or not.

I just want to have this second copy as a backup.

Thanks much, RedFalco for the offer, and thank you Shogun for the information and the help.

Alright guys, at this point, I don't know whether I'm going to have to cancel my original order at Gamestop or not.

I just want to have this second copy as a backup.

Thanks much, RedFalco for the offer, and thank you Shogun for the information and the help.
if you dou get a second copy I'll buy it from you or can you change the address on the order? If you need to cancel and can do that I'll buy it from you

Cheerilee

My brother was just mentioning that people can sell a few dozen "preorders" of the LE on eBay right now, and when the time comes to deliver the product, eBay will have deleted the listing already and it will be long past the point where you have any right to leave negative feedback or complain about getting scammed.

My brother was just mentioning that people can sell a few dozen "preorders" of the LE on eBay right now, and when the time comes to deliver the product, eBay will have deleted the listing already and it will be long past the point where you have any right to leave negative feedback or complain about getting scammed.

Why would ebay delete the listing? Just curious.

Velcro Fly

you now have like 6 months or something to open up a complaint when you pay with paypal though. it was something they just changed so unless people are buying these for $100+ and just forgetting for 6 months you will get into some shit.

Cheerilee

Why would ebay delete the listing? Just curious.

Just a time thing. eBay expects you to buy something, pay for it, and get it shipped. It's not designed to sell preorders. With a preorder, you buy it, pay for it, and then run down the clock on dispute resolution before shipment is even possible.

After enough time passes, eBay clears up space by just deleting useless info.

But silkysmooth's probably right, and the dispute period is probably long enough. Still, probably not a good idea to buy preorders on eBay. The time left in the preorder comes out of the time needed for dispute resolution if anything goes wrong.

catmario

Dang. Nintendo of Korea should make Limited edition of the game like this.
I lost a chance to get this awesome edition(US version), I'm gonnay cry this. ;(

Wolfe

I do believe that the announcement and the ability to pre-order it should have been a few days apart

You're telling me, I saw this thread today after I got home from work (about a half hour ago). This is like that bullshit with the colored XL charge cradles but at least that had a bit more warning if I recall correctly.

Never even played MM yet and was liking the idea of picking this up so I could have the game and give the figure to my mom as she's into art of similar visual styles.

Are these supposed to be pre-order only or will/may there be a limited amount of shelf stock?

Top Bottom