• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Kandinsky

Cant get over how incredible this game looks, the art style is amazing and the dof effect is sick. Just one more week.

I still cant beat the dungeon before I ran out of time, I'm such a failure. Also the bird part sucks, its Mario Galaxy all over again sigh.

The probability that everyone will understand what Punkin' Chunkin' means is ~0%. My analysis concludes that the title's thread is obscurity is lightly strong due to...

Can't wait to go stab+fling those orange bastards with Fi on my side nerding it up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just got my Wii2HDMI adapter in the mail. One step closer to actually being able to play Skyward Sword without lag, haha.

This is my most anticipated game of the fall. Can't frickin' wait.

Platy

Like every zelda before it, i preordered the special edition.... and one of the 32 reasons for it is that i don't have the motionplus.
(the other 31 reasons includes the awesome soundtrack, the lovely golden wiimote and how nice it would be next to my ocarina/master quest preorder edition of windwaker)

Seeing that it leaked got me thinking, as zelda games are the only ones i preorder....

I already paid the game (and paid A LOT, since here the price is 270 Brazil reais, wich google says it is 153.32193 U.S. dollars ) ... so if i had a wiimotionplus, would it still be illegal for me to play a leaked copy ?

Lethality

apana said:
Lets get this party started:

tumblr_lc24rpfBMU1qajw8e.gif
ROFL. Great!

8 more days!!! Let's GOOOOOOO!!!!! Why won't time speed up? :(

An official OP that isn't the length of a fucking thesis essay? What is this world coming to? Amir0x, this took less than 5 minutes to load and didn't consume a week's bandwidth, you're doing it wrong.

ag-my001

So I haven't really been keeping up with the various release options. Beyond the Standard version and the WM+ Bundle, are there any stores that are having gift card specials or pre-order bonuses? I see the K-Mart one, but since there are none left in my area, that one is out.

I got stuck at the 3-eye puzzle enough for the demo to run out of time, should I feel stupid? :(

btw, game looks very clean on my 1080P display, though it is only 22" :D
But looks even better on the 720P Bravia, but then again that's only 32" as well.

I still cant beat the dungeon before I ran out of time, I'm such a failure. Also the bird part sucks, its Mario Galaxy all over again sigh.
I LOVE it, haven't played the SMG2, but I could win the demo stage with flapping once or twice. I think I may win even without flapping if I give it few more tries.

walking fiend said:
I got stuck at the 3-eye puzzle enough for the demo to run out of time, should I feel stupid? :(

But looks even better on the 720P Bravia, but then again that's only 32" as well.
No, I got stuck there for a little bit too. Eye puzzle solution:
You have to make all three eyes dizzy at once. Look in the room for a block to stand on.

apana

Lethality said:
ROFL. Great!

8 more days!!! Let's GOOOOOOO!!!!! Why won't time speed up? :(

Amirox lost the official Neogaf Ocarina, and so now we can't just skip to the next day like we used to. Anyways lets just chill:

tnr-zelda-timeline.jpg

We'll need energy cause we have got bad guys to kill, puzzles to solve, and GOTY awards to win.

Red

walking fiend said:

I LOVE it, haven't played the SMG2, but I could win the demo stage with flapping once or twice. I think I may win even without flapping if I give it few more tries.
The Bird section only lasts like two minutes. It's not even long enough to be frustrating.

Amir0x

Banned
flowsnake said:
My resolution is 1080p. It still doesn't fit because of the weird blank space on the left of the image.

Odd, fit perfect for me.

In any event, brandon went and retooled it once again so now it shouldn't be too big for anyone. He also made another image to clean up the character synopsis part, so that was nice.

Amir0x said:
Odd, fit perfect for me.

In any event, brandon went and retooled it once again so now it shouldn't be too big for anyone. He also made another image to clean up the character synopsis part, so that was nice.

Thanks for doing that, hopefully it's better for people now.

UltimateIke said:
No, I got stuck there for a little bit too. Eye puzzle solution:
You have to make all three eyes dizzy at once. Look in the room for a block to stand on.
I figured as much, but still didn't manage to
dizzy
them before running out of time. However, It just now popped into my mind that maybe I should
move the sword rather than link himself?

Though, unfortunately I was spoiled about
dizzying them
in the trailer thread :( I definitely couldn't figure it in like at least dozen of tries

Amir0x said:
Odd, fit perfect for me.

was perfect for me as well, it's some what not that amazing now :( The logo is too big and special thanks is redundant.

If I were them, I would nice ask for that to be removed so the final work becomes great again :D :D :D

brandonh83 said:
no stop it it's perfect shut up.
:D

OT is really good, btw; it's succint enough not to divert the attention from the actual game.

Right on.
It came to me after I just suddenly remember how you
had to deceive Ghirahim by moving the sword
. Over all implementation of motion control seems very well thought-out.

I have really enjoyed the demo, hope its just a sign of what the final game will bring

Davey Cakes

I pre-ordered the gold Wiimote bundle on Amazon and I'm using a bunch of rewards points on it. Getting the game a few days after release but I'm really patient. I buy very few games a year nowadays but as a console Zelda game, Skyward Sword is of course reserved for a special spot on my must-play list. I'm going to wait for it patiently, and when it comes I'm going to savor every minute of gameplay.

The positive reception helps as well. I'm pretty convinced that, as a Zelda fan, I won't be disappointed in the experience.

I'm also excited for the 25th Anniversary CD. Can't wait to give that a listen.

Amir0x said:
I'm from Brooklyn, currently living in Tobyhanna Pennsylvania. Always been in this region. But I knew about the event from Discovery Channel.

Are you telling me people don't watch the Discovery Channel? :(

Thank you ser.

Just fyi, unless you don't even know the four main characters, the OP contains almost no spoilers at all, except the map which you can scroll by, and every link is explicitly labeled by how big of a spoiler it might be.

word? didn't know you was from bk amirox. you just earned some cool points in my book.

Kaldea

I'm on vacation at my parents' place so I can't play this until I get back after Christmas. The wait is so painful. ):

Kaldea said:
I'm on vacation at my parents' place so I can't play this until I get back after Christmas. The wait is so painful. ):
If I were you, I would go into a total media black out. Believe me, you WILL get spoiled and then there will be nothing you can do :(

Sadist

I just heard the Gerudo Desert theme on the 25th Anniversary CD.

391091_mother_of_god_20110610165116.jpg

This and the Xenoblade OST have to be my favourite VG music tracks since... No More Heroes.

For as much grief the "epic" OT topics get, they sure beat the hell out of this one that tries to make a terrible joke in every sentence and doesn't treat itself seriously at all. For such a big game (what is this, six years in the making?) the first post sucks.

Dr. Feel Good said:
For as much grief the "epic" OT topics get, they sure beat the hell out of this one that tries to make a terrible joke in every sentence and doesn't treat itself seriously at all. For such a big game (what is this, six years in the making?) the first post sucks.

You don't live up to your name at all. :(

Amir0x

Banned
Why take it seriously? This is a forum about games, which are an entertainment medium. Zelda: Skyward Sword is about great and fun game design, not deep and brooding seriousness. Whatever the case about my sarcasm, my OTs are always going to be light hearted because that's what games are at the core. Toys and diversions, which we all love.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have it on good authority this is the worst game ever made.

Amir0x

Banned
That's why I prefer to put up topics much closer to launch because people don't have anything to talk about :p

The game is out in some territories, surely some enterprising GAFer has initial early impressions?

Dr. Feel Good said:
tumblr_l4p9coE0oZ1qbzf0vo1_500.gif

Top Bottom