• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Making of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - The Evolution of a Franchise

ahoQhfx.gif
Wow wowowowowow

This game is going to be amazing.

Memento

We got our giraffe scene with a lemur in Uncharted 4! That was so awesome and cute, damn.

These gifs are freaking amazing btw.

Naughty Dog is once again one generation ahead of all other devs.

Without a doubt, Uncharted 4 makes other current gen games look like they aren't even trying. The vast majority of games have felt like last gen efforts on beefier hardware, this feels like the next step.

Someones going to die and its most likely going to be the innocent person who wants no part of these escapades. Or Sully.

It's going to be Sam. The character arc I see is: Older bro finds younger bro, drags him on a quest for treasure, betrays him once treasure is found, flashback sequence to see motivation, Nate must stop his older brother, and realizes his true family is Elena and Sully, AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER DAMNIT.

nillah

Banned
The perspective they laid out was kind of eye opening

Drake walking into the game, feeling his way out. Eye opening stuff there in the video
And I'm hoping they'll be another beta between now and launch. Plenty to look forward to with the Uncharted

zkorejo

End of the Uncharted. Sad but it looks like they will go out with one last amazing uncharted game. Its a great way to end it. People will always remember it as a great franchise. They can always do another Uncharted years later with different characters though. An adventure of a treasure hunter theme never gets old.

-griffy-

Banned
Animations in this game may be a meaningful leap for the industry. The multiplayer betas have already been amazing on that front, and the single player stuff will presumably be even better, and the real time cutscenes even better than that. Across the board, animations in gameplay and narrative scenes seem like they could be a new benchmark.

Gurish

Keep in mind that Neil and Bruce didn't work on that game, that was Amy Hennig's project while they worked on TLOU.

A not-insignificant portion of UC3's leadership is no longer at the studio. That contributes.

Neil/Bruce were not involved with UC3 at all.
The core leadership of UC3, Amy & Justin has left.
Even the lead game designers of UC3, Minkoff and Lemarchand are no longer at ND.

It's really not for the current team to talk too much about something they never worked on significantly.

Yea I guess you are right, still I wonder what they think about it, always had a hunch they don't really like it...

Coming from Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 was a letdown so I'm not surprised.

Yea I agree, good game but a letdown after 2.

zkorejo

I've just realised that the actor who plays Mike in Until Dawn would be perfect as a live-action Nathan Drake.

That lead programmer in the video looks more like Nathan Drake than him.

Younger Nathan Fillion or younger Nolan North would have been the best Drake.

imDARK

Neo Member
It's going to be Sam. The character arc I see is: Older bro finds younger bro, drags him on a quest for treasure, betrays him once treasure is found, flashback sequence to see motivation, Nate must stop his older brother, and realizes his true family is Elena and Sully, AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER DAMNIT.

I think this is predictable and what Naughty Dog wants us to believe.
My guess would be that the story drives us to think that Sam would betray Nate, but he ends up dying saving Nate's life. Nate then feels that his adventurous life ended with his brother's life, since Sam represents Nate's passion for mystery and quests.

Am I the only one that feels that the current team (mostly from U2 and TLOU) is not too proud or satisfied by U3? they just dropped one line and moved on when they talked about it.

In the context of this video there isn't much too talk about- it was more of a lateral move from Uncharted 2.

Shin-Ra

Seriously though, the way Nate's teeth and bottom lip catch the light in that scene look spot on.

Putty

Extraordinary! Naughty Gods...Not a matter of opinion anymore, it's s fact! Absolutely the best facial animations ever. Nothing comes close. I'm getting incredibly strong vibes that U4 is simply going to be...astonishing.

Top Bottom