• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

VN1X

Banned
2020 is kind of a shit year but in terms of music it's been absolutely killer for me. Apologies for the upcoming spam but bear with me!

Some of my favourite releases right now:

Anyone else into some good ol' prog, djent, hardcore and everything in between? :)

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
THERE IS DARKNESS... IN HIS EEEEYYEEESSS!!!
AND YOU WON'T SEE IT BEFORE YOU DIEEE!!!
FEEL THE KNIFE OF THE LORD DIVINE'S
CREEEAAAATTTIOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUNATIC!!!!!!!!

OF GOD'S CREAAAATIOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

teezzy

Banned

1Xs.gif

Scotty W

Gold Member
Man, if only the rest of St. Anger sounded like this. Great mixing and so much energy. But most importantly no shitty trash can snare sound.

I have always liked that version better.

The title track could use an edit like this. I have always thought Frantic was a good song- it was just memed to death . All within my hands acoustic is pretty good as well. With some adjustments, it could be a decent album.

teezzy

Banned
^ Maybe the best of these "jam, at home" sessions I've seen. LoG sound outstanding. Love Randy in the closet too lmfao

Xplainin

Banned
All bow for Aussie Metal.
Parkway Drive
Northlane
Thornhill
Pridelands
Dealer
Alpha Wolf
The Art Is Murder
Feed Her To The Sharks
12 foot Ninja
Make Them Suffer
Psycroptic
Earthcaller
Dream On Dreamer
In Hearts Wake
Plini
Saviour
Ocean Grove
The Amity Affliction
Polaris
The Brave
The Gloom In The Corner

Plus a heap I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
All bow for Aussie Metal.
Parkway Drive
Northlane
Thornhill
Pridelands
Dealer
Alpha Wolf
The Art Is Murder
Feed Her To The Sharks
12 foot Ninja
Make Them Suffer
Psycroptic
Earthcaller
Dream On Dreamer
In Hearts Wake
Plini
Saviour
Ocean Grove
The Amity Affliction
Polaris
The Brave
The Gloom In The Corner

Plus a heap I couldn't remember off the top of my head.
Where’s Portal
:pie_neutral:

VN1X

Banned
Such a shame this thread isn't getting more attention. Anyway what do we all think of the new Protest the Hero? I kind of fuckin' love it. There are so many good tracks on there it'd be hard for me to pick a favourite! Currently have this one on repeat:

Which is about the Great Molasses Flood actually! Learning while listening to Metal lol.

Last edited:

HF2014

Oh well. Just cant do anything, really stuck on old school thrash/death for 80s, 90s. Only thing recent iv found that sound in this era was Skeletal Remains, feels like old Death with Obituary like voice.

Enjoy if you havent heard yet. Open to suggestions too!

HF2014

Man, if only the rest of St. Anger sounded like this. Great mixing and so much energy. But most importantly no shitty trash can snare sound.

You know what, as much as i tried and tried, even with this version, St.Anger should be sent to the moon so we never hear of it again. Youtube, please ban this album for god sake. My ears cannot take it anymore.

Top Bottom