• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The" Miguel Cotto VS Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez. Puerto Rico VS México, Saturday 11/21/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rooting for Cotto, but Canelo is a good guy too.

Damn that brunette is hot.

Tom_Cody

3iPo0W8.jpg
Both on weight.

I'm going with Cotto by late stoppage. I think he hits harder, especially with the left hook, and I think he has more wrinkles to his game than Canelo. He's seen it all, and is battle tested; Canelo fades during his fights. It will be a war, but I think the old man outboxes the upstart and drowns him late.

Tenebrous

It was good to see respect shown between the two fighters. Handshake, shaking the hands of the other side, MC acknowledging ODLH. I much prefer this than the slanging matches some weigh-ins turn in to... These pair can let the fight speak for itself.

Mr. Jimmy

I'm with Canelo, mainly because I'm mexican but I also have rooted for Cotto in the past and I expect a very good fight. Can't wait

I am very excited for this fight. MMA has grown stale for me, so I'm returning to my love for the sweet science. Go Canelo.

GGG's one offensive ability that I feel is pretty average is his hand speed. I honestly dont think the dude is throwing his punches faster than the average professional boxer, hes "simply" throwing fewer but ultimately more damaging punches with greater accuracy, absorbing some serious counter punches from his opponents, then walking them into the exact spot he wants them to be in for the knock out.
Ive seen too many KOs from Golovkin on guys who make the mistake of thinking they can stand and trade with him, they play right into his hands.

Frog-fu

Banned
i think we differ on our definition of getting an ass beat.

Made to look like fresh faced amateurs will freely being landed on is an ass beating if I ever saw one.

Mayweather himself admitted Cotto was his toughest opponent

He nearly knocked Cotto out in the last round though. Had him on jelly legs. Closest Mayweather been to getting a knockout in years.

Leunam

GGG's one offensive ability that I feel is pretty average is his hand speed. I honestly dont think the dude is throwing his punches faster than the average professional boxer, hes "simply" throwing fewer but ultimately more damaging punches with greater accuracy, absorbing some serious counter punches from his opponents, then walking them into the exact spot he wants them to be in for the knock out.
Ive seen too many KOs from Golovkin on guys who make the mistake of thinking they can stand and trade with him, they play right into his hands.

Against Munroe Jr. yeah his hand speed didn't look great. But that jab looked really good against Lemieux. You're right that he's very eager to trade, and more often than not he'll win those trades, but I think his hand speed might be improving, so little by little he'll start to box more. He's looking more and more well rounded the more he fights.

Against Munroe Jr. yeah his hand speed didn't look great. But that jab looked really good against Lemieux. You're right that he's very eager to trade, and more often than not he'll win those trades, but I think his hand speed might be improving, so little by little he'll start to box more. He's looking more and more well rounded the more he fights.

I would have loved to have seen GGG fight B-Hop in his prime. Bernard had the quickness, footwork and sheer length to possibly sneak out a win by decision over a guy like Golovkin.

IrishNinja

Mayweather himself admitted Cotto was his toughest opponent

did he? that's actually awesome

I would have loved to have seen GGG fight B-Hop in his prime. Bernard had the quickness, footwork and sheer length to possibly sneak out a win by decision over a guy like Golovkin.

god, this would've been a cool fight to see, yeah

Canelo is the real life Little Mac.

can't unsee that star-punch now, goddamn

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Fuck Cotto and his catchweight and ducking GGG nonsense.

He's about to retire. GGG has no star power at all. Cotto has fought most opponents straight on without ducking, at this point in his career fighting GGG was stupid.

He more than make up for it with his timing and punch selection, you rarely see him throw a punch to just "throw" it.

eXtv

Banned
Canelo's brutal punching power and combinations will overwhelm cotto. I already feel sorry for his face. I think it'll get stopped late in what will be a great fight.

Canelo hasn't got close to stopping any top fighter yet. Maybe he's developed over this camp, but he hasn't shown the ability to get a championship calibre out of there.

BadAss2961

Canelo hasn't got close to stopping any top fighter yet. Maybe he's developed over this camp, but he hasn't shown the ability to get a championship calibre out of there.
The championship level guys he fought were all tough outs. Floyd is Floyd. Lara is a puzzle. Shane doesn't get knocked out. He almost got Trout from what I remember.

Cotto can be stopped late.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Shit. Anywhere I can stream the fight? Buy it of course? I don't have cable so only. Option is online.

The championship level guys he fought were all tough outs. Floyd is Floyd. Lara is a puzzle. Shane doesn't get knocked out. He almost got Trout from what I remember.

Cotto can be stopped late.

Both fighters weaknesses have been gassing late in fights, but it seems Cotto has finally learned to pace himself. I think if anyone goes late it'll be Canelo.

Shit. Anywhere I can stream the fight? Buy it of course? I don't have cable so only. Option is online.

Uhh.. How friendly is Gaf towards posting "unofficial" streams? I use a paid one that's never failed me yet but I don't wanna be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom