• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The" Miguel Cotto VS Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez. Puerto Rico VS México, Saturday 11/21/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I am so hyped for this fight..... I can usually call a fight about 80% of the time but this one. I legit don't know.

RootCause

Neither of them want to fight Golovkin. He needs to pull a Lara and call one of them out at their own press conference for a fight at 160.
Yeah, a fight in which he'll show up between 170-175, please don't make me laugh. The only way Cotto should give him fight is if he shows up at 160 for the fight. Even tonight's fight ridiculous, Canelo will get in the ring around 15 pounds heavier than Cotto.

Tenebrous

If anyone wants to get in the mood for Cotto/Canelo, you could do a lot worse than check out Abraham vs Murray for the WBO SMW title, & Perez vs Crolla II for the WBA LW title. Should both be on in the next few hours.

RBH

Cotto-Canelo-Poster.jpg

Can't wait

Pretty hyped.

Got some left-over vodka I've been meaning to drink.

Rooting for COTTO but I ain't even mad if Canelo wins.

What time do the festivities start?

Fox318

I love how they have to explain if the boxer isn't going for knockouts or throwing punches he's playing it smart and safe.

Tubie

Rigo isn't really for everyone, I love his skill and how badly he makes other fighters look. He can be a bit negative but that doesn't bother me.

On a technical level, he is amazing, but it's hard to blame the people there from booing.

Fox318

Rigo isn't really for everyone, I love his skill and how badly he makes other fighters look. He can be a bit negative but that doesn't bother me.

No doubt the dude can box but if he wants to be a big draw people want the theatrics.

It's more for the fact that this guy is so clearly overmatched against Rigo, he shoulda taken him out by now.

His last fight has made him fight super tentatively tonight

Also Rigo can't lead to save his life it seems, and his opponent hasn't given him much to work with so its even more boring

abuC

It's more for the fact that this guy is so clearly overmatched against Rigo, he shoulda taken him out by now.

His last fight has made him fight super tentatively tonight

He doesn't have the best beard, he fights like this because he can be hurt and knocked down, unlike Floyd who has a really good chin he can't afford to be as reckless.

He doesn't have the best beard, he fights like this because he can be hurt and knocked down, unlike Floyd who has a really good chin he can't afford to be as reckless.

Makes you miss Casamayor, a highly technical fighter who knew when to press on the gas

studyguy

Rigo is Mayweather without the charisma and all the technical knowledge. Too gunshy to walk down his opponent down despite being obviously able to punish with those counters, I'm sure he thinks he's doing a great job but I was glad thst 10th round bell rang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom