• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NCAA Men's College BASEBALL Official Thread of June Madness -Back home in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

Erm. Last year's CWS had two of the most non-boring games I've ever seen.

SC vs. Virginia (13 innings, many bases-loaded jams and double plays)
SC vs. Florida (11 innings, three different plays at the plate to prevent winning runs)

MrCWS83

This is unfortunate Stony is playing LSU in the supers. I'd like to have as many SEC teams here as possible and LSU always brings great people, food and girls. But I like seeing underdogs get here. I rooted for UL Lafayette back in 2000, UC Irvine in 2007 and Fresno in 08. It always makes it fun.

Current score Stony Brook 2 LSU 0 going into the 6th

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
True. It'd be a whole lot more fun with the Tigers here.
So who here is going to the CWS?

I wish, but I'll be out of the country. Still haven't been in the TD Ameritrade era.

Maybe next season, could work out scheduling wise for me actually pretty well

MrCWS83

Uh oh Mouton the Rally Monkey is in the LSU dugout
He's caused an E6 and the rally is on, 2-1 SB going into the 8th

You'd like the stadium. I don't miss Rosenblatt at all. The concourse area was rediculous compared to TD. You can walk freely, still watch the game and not wait long for food, drinks, or a bathroom break. The new Zesto is supposedly open along with Blatt Beer and just north of that is the Baseball Village joined with the Old Mattress Factory, it's a bar.
North downtown is really nice now

I've lived in Omaha all my life and people were afraid to build a new arena. We had (still do for the time being) the Civic Auditorium but it's small and aged. Seats about 9,000 and built in the 1950s. In 2003 they opened the Qwest Center now CenturyLink, it seats over 18,000 and Omaha has hosted 2 NCAA basketball tournaments and the US Swim trials are huge before the Olympics here. It's going to be going on during the CWS so parking might be wild, they'll mention it on ESPN I'm sure

My tie in to that is the building of the new stadium. NCAA was ready to move CWS if new stadium wasn't built. And I'm also saying nobody misses the Civic. Give it another year or so and people will forget Rosenblatt

impirius

I get the feeling that Stony Brook wants to win this game.

edit: Tied at 2! SB has to be thinking about those errors right now.

MrCWS83

I get the feeling that Stony Brook wants to win this game.

edit: Tied at 2! SB has to be thinking about those errors right now.

Damn I forgot I rewinded a bit, I read this and I thought what are you smoking

Why worry about the errors? They didn't hurt them. If they turned into runs earlier than I'd understand it but that really wasn't the case

Have you guys seen this site...it's a decent college baseball site
collegebaseball360.com

impirius

Damn I forgot I rewinded a bit, I read this and I thought what are you smoking

Why worry about the errors? They didn't hurt them. If they turned into runs earlier than I'd understand it but that really wasn't the case

That first LSU run was almost entirely due to SB miscues:
Katz fouled out to 2b (1-0).
Rhymes reached on a throwing error by ss, advanced to second (1-2).
Rhymes advanced to third on a wild pitch.
T. Ross grounded out to ss, RBI (1-2); Rhymes scored, unearned.
Snikeris grounded out to ss (1-2).

MrCWS83

That first LSU run was almost entirely due to SB miscues:
Yeah just that one run. I couldn't remember for sure if it was...not paying close enough attention. It hurt but still had the lead to close it out. I'm torn here, I want SB to battle back. Nice shot by SB 3-2

MrCWS83

College baseball is soooooo boring!
#extrainnings drama

That would have been a tough catch over the bullpen mound

Meier

Nice performance by the Noles tonight. :) It was 1-0 Stanford in the 4th when I last saw the score.. then when I checked it again it was 11-1. Devon Travis crushed the ball, huge night for him.

Brandon Leibrandt was taken in the 48th out of HS.. I'd be surprised it his guy wasn't a first round pick when he's eligible. Just filthy stuff for a Freshman.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
updated first page with results. first two games ruled. bummer about LSU weather situation. I wonder if either team will use their Saturday starter tomorrow in the 12th inning, hoping for a quick win, and then keep the warm over the break

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
LSU beat Stony Brook in just 1 inning this morning, resuming yesterday's game in the 12th. 5-4.

Game 2 is going now in the rain, Stony Brook up 2-0 in the Bottom 4th. Stony is the home team today

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Damn South Carolina, just locking down Oklahoma. Like the way the Gamecocks have conducted business in tourney. Like they've won this thing before once or twice...

impirius

I'm glad Michael Roth had such a great outing for his final appearance at Carolina Stadium. 7.2 IP, 6 H, 0 ER. The ovation and curtain call don't seem like enough after all this guy has done since the 2010 CWS.

Also: 20 postseason wins in a row woooooooooo!

edit: I just watched Sonny Golloway's post-game press conference, and he's impressive as always. Very complimentary and completely unfazed. Should be a tough game tomorrow.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Florida advances to college world series. NC State batter struck out looking and nearly fought umpire.

Baylor up 4-3, but Arky has bases loaded with 1 out in the bottom ninth. Tying run 90 feet away, winning run 180 feet away.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Just tied it up 4-4 after Baylor beaned home a run. Even better is that the inning should have been over, but the SS made an error off what should have been a double play.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
OU - South Carolina suspended until tomorrow.

Game will resume in Bot 6, 0-0.

If necessary Game 7 would be tomorrow night.

So we have at least 1 1/3 games tomorrow

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just as Stanford felt like they were crawling back in, Florida State drops a grand slam as part of an 8-spot on them to go up 18-6... Seminoles are packing for Omaha with only six outs to go

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Stony Brook:

1st time to CWS
2nd 4 seed to reach CWS (Fresno State, 2008 - won national title)
1st team besides LSU to EVER win a Baton Rouge Super Regional

DAY ONE CWS Schedule (times to be announced)
Stony Brook vs UCLA
Florida State vs. Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom