• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Needle Drop pioneered music reviews. His other channel was for the alt-rights

LMAO.

This is the most elaborate "so much for the tolerant left" post I have ever read.

I'm actually not convinced you aren't trolling, but if this is genuine, then bravo.

You managed to squeeze in Crime and Punishment, Oz, Jon Stewart for some reason...? And mob justice. Whew. Was almost outta breath by the time I got to the end.

Glad you liked it.

Always disliked this guy. Always came off as a prick in the few videos I've seen of him. Not surprised to hear that he's some racist douche bag.

Also lol at people trying to make the argument that any part of 4chan is liberal. The mental gymnastics people go through to defend someone they like.

....He does videos showcasing black men being lynched with Pepe's everywhere. RUFuckingSerious.Jpg.
That was a hospin video with a toilet paper meme, it was in and taste but the point wasn't lynching, and he's done pepe reviews because pepe is a significant meme and his channel was centered around reviewing memes.
Pepe is trash and I associate it purely with the altright at this point, but at one point in time it was a legit meme used by a wide spectrum of people.
I've seen plenty of people dissociate themselves with it who were on the left, from minorities to women to lgbt folks etc, etc, just had a discussion through messages with a lesbian friend who was lamenting how pepe couldn't be used anymore/was compromised about a week ago, doing something with it or enjoying memes isn't just a sign of being alt-right.

Fantano did dismiss the concept of it being labeled as a right wing symbol though, which leans towards you.

Say we're talking about one of those fuckos who created and disseminated fake news stories because they knew the alt-right would gobble it up and they could rake in the clicks.

Should they be absolved just because they don't truly believe the shit they put out, or with the people who eagerly consume it?

Say we're talking about one of those fuckos who created and disseminated fake news stories because they knew the alt-right would gobble it up and they could rake in the clicks.

Should they be absolved just because they don't truly believe the shit they put out, or with the people who eagerly consume it?
No we're talking about Fantano.

No we're talking about Fantano.

Right, and I'm using purveyors of fake news as a point of comparison. Both actively spread alt-right talking points purportedly insincerely. The result is the same regardless of said insincerity: the propagation of alt-right talking points.

pigeon

Banned
How exactly is it not a good look?

The channel got demonetized and he was about to discontinue it anyway

Yup, I'm sure the fact that he deleted it immediately upon being asked about it by a journalist, then refused any comment, then called it a hit piece and decided to make a response video is totally a coincidence. What a lucky accident of timing.

AESplusF

Obviously it's not a coincidence, I didn't say it was, I just don't think it matters that he deleted it, it wasn't worth the drama.

Ozigizo

Obviously it's not a coincidence, I didn't say it was, I just don't think it matters that he deleted it, it wasn't worth the drama.

It does matter. You're just sort of hand waving this fact.

Come on. The lengths people will go to defend a YouTube star they don't even know baffles me.

Yeah man, disregard anything else I said in this thread. I just don't know why he would do this. Some things aren't cool to joke about. I just wish some of these people could take a second to look outside themselves at the things they do.

Of course it matters. It makes it significantly easier for him to avoid further scrutiny of what he was doing with those videos.

Onivulk

Banned
Damn what do I do here? Dude is clearly a piece of trash but, he's a piece of trash who introduces me to good music on a weekly basis.

Any recommendations for other reviewers with good taste (not pitchfork)?

Servbot24

Banned
Damn what do I do here? Dude is clearly a piece of trash but, he's a piece of trash who introduces me to good music on a weekly basis.

Any recommendations for other reviewers with good taste (not pitchfork)?

Just use RYM, you'll get way better discoveries than any single person can give

I don't even know why I bother expressing my opinion here, there's clearly only room for one point of view.

*makes shit arguments
*gets exposed
*complains about whole place being unfair and misunderstanding and we're the real problem

Shame how predictable this behavior has become

Onivulk

Banned
Him deleting that channel COULD be a step in the right direction. He would just need to follow it up with "Hey I've done a bunch of shit that I regret and it will never happen again. I don't support any of these views that I have previously held"

That will literally never happen.

Bookoo

Dude gave D.A.M.N a 5

He gave it a 7.

Story is strange though because things he talks about during his music reviews don't seem like things an alt-righter would care or even comment on, but I am not familiar with his other channels.

AESplusF

Him deleting that channel COULD be a step in the right direction. He would just need to follow it up with "Hey I've done a bunch of shit that I regret and it will never happen again. I don't support any of these views that I have previously held"

That will literally never happen.

As someone that watches his stuff on a daily basis, I honestly think that the decision to delete the channel came from the right place. I don't know if he'll admit that but I think the Fantano channel is evidence of that.

As someone that watches his stuff on a daily basis, I honestly think that the decision to delete the channel came from the right place. I don't know if he'll admit that but I think the Fantano channel is evidence of that.

He literally already said it was because he couldn't make money off of it anymore.

Bookoo

I sort of wish it was still up so I could at least see some of the offensive videos to see how bad they actually are. I vaguely remember the Hopsin one and didn't think it was that crazy, but he tends to shit on Hopsin regularly so I may just be confusing them.

Also when did "kek" become a Alt-Right thing? I always thought it was just a World of Warcraft nerd thing (kek is what would show to the alliance side if you typed lol as horde for you non-wow players)

AESplusF

I sort of wish it was still up so I could at least see some of the offensive videos to see how bad they actually are. I vaguely remember the Hopsin one and didn't think it was that crazy, but he tends to shit on Hopsin regularly so I may just be confusing them.

Also when did "kek" become a Alt-Right thing? I always thought it was just a World of Warcraft nerd thing (kek is what would show to the alliance side if you typed lol as horde for you non-wow players)

Everything meme-related is alt-right now, they've claimed it all.

Hes not alt right, fuck u fader everyones quick to hop on labels just shut the fuck up and actually do your job

I understand how you feel honestly, anyone who's knows what they're talking about knows this.

Onivulk

Banned

I watch his stuff near daily as well. I don't have any evidence because I'm fucking lazy but I feel like he usually takes a stance against the alt-right.

Like he praised the new IDLES album for the song Mother and has been keeping up with anti trump collaborations.

I watch enough to believe he isn't racist but then there's this evidence that you really can't deny. He needs to say something about it.

One of my fav bands, Screaming Females, said it best on Twitter half an hour ago

@Screamales
Note to the internet: Saying some horrid, hateful shit and then laughing at the end does NOT make it satire.

I watch his stuff near daily as well. I don't have any evidence because I'm fucking lazy but I feel like he usually takes a stance against the alt-right.

Like he praised the new IDLES album for the song Mother and has been keeping up with anti trump collaborations.

I watch enough to believe he isn't racist but then there's this evidence that you really can't deny. He needs to say something about it.

He's so woke that he can say alt right things, pander to them, and enable them. It's one a transcendent state of woke that no one can understand.

(I am clearly sarcastic. Un followed)

AESplusF

Honestly, I think he was just riding a trend like plenty of good hearted people sometimes do, you get on the bandwagon and then you realize you're surrounded by idiots and scumbags and you hop off.

You've presented nothing to the discussion besides continuing to stan for a YouTuber.

Sure I have, not a lot, but then again you're not exactly making a compelling argument either.

Ozigizo

Ok. Your counter argument is "no you're wrong, you're being willfully ignorant" as if your opinion is fact. Why bother arguing.

You've presented nothing to the discussion besides continuing to stan for a YouTuber.

Maybe you can explain the difference between being the alt-right and pandering to them.

Honestly, I think he was just riding a trend like plenty of good hearted people sometimes do, you get on the bandwagon and then you realize you're surrounded by idiots and scumbags and you hop off.

Sure I have, not a lot, but then again you're not exactly making a compelling argument either.

Maybe you should read the thread. Your argument is tired.

Top Bottom