• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread

I need a little help...How enable FreeCamera in Crysis 3?

You can't. At best, there is a cheat engine table with a really frustrating coordinate hack floating around here somewhere.

The SDK has a free camera, but I don't think the campaign levels are explorable in the SDK.

One3rd

Anyone know how to get rid of the "limbo" overlay screen effect in DmC? You can see it prominently at the bottom of the below image.
10286263554_ac85aa1f6e_o.jpg

One3rd

Anyone know how I can setup portrait mode on a landscape monitor that can't tilt? I want to be able switch between the two modes for screenshooting purposes, specifically play at 16:9 but then to take some shots at 3:4 ratio larger render.

I'm using SoftTH to render the 3:4 ratio properly and it's selectable through the in-game settings but when selected the screen is stretched. Ideally what I want is to have the aspect ratio of the resolution observed so I get black bars on either side but the image is unstretched. It also looks like the FOV is getting fish-eyed when I switch to 3:4 as well.

FOV needs to be tweaked for each aspect ratio. The same FOV that looks good in 16:9 will not look good in portrait. Uuuuusally.

I haven't had any issues forcing 3:4 with SoftTH \ D3D looking glass. Though I've only tried it in Dishonored and Shadow Warrior. Other folks seem to be making it work though. I'm really not sure what it is that's not working for you.

If all else fails, you can try forcing 2400x3200 with a lower refresh rate. My monitor accepts that @ 50hz.

Also, I've posted my Dead Space 3 table (work in progress) on DET. I'll make a post here for that eventually but for now, here's what it does:

Enemy timestop
Isaac timestop (can be frozen separately from enemies in order to individually pose if need be)
Isaac nearly invisible (for flying around in 0 gravity without isaac in shot)
0 gravity anywhere
Manual camera positioning - this is a bit hard to get used to. Same as my Dead Space 1 table

Other cheats that might be helpful, like god mode, unlimited ammo, etc etc.

Hotkeys can be tweaked if you know how. It's pretty easy. Though the manual camera control will be impossible.

One3rd

FOV needs to be tweaked for each aspect ratio. The same FOV that looks good in 16:9 will not look good in portrait. Uuuuusally.

I haven't had any issues forcing 3:4 with SoftTH \ D3D looking glass. Though I've only tried it in Dishonored and Shadow Warrior. Other folks seem to be making it work though. I'm really not sure what it is that's not working for you.

If all else fails, you can try forcing 2400x3200 with a lower refresh rate. My monitor accepts that @ 50hz.

How do you set it when using softTH? I tried changing the render resolution as well as the display but they both give me the same result. Below is what I currently have but it gives me a "stretched" image.

Code:
[main]
renderResolution=3750x5000
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=0
smoothing=1
debugD3D=0
zClear=1
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=0
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=0

[head_primary]
sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080
screenMode=1920x1080

I want my monitor to be in landscape mode 1920x1080 and then use SoftTH to force 3750x5000 in game but display it correctly on my 1920x1080 landscape monitor. Currently this is all stretched but the screenshots do come out at the correct resolution...hard to set them up though!

Do I also need to set a portrait resolution to use in windows as well as setup SoftTH?

Also, I've posted my Dead Space 3 table (work in progress) on DET. I'll make a post here for that eventually but for now, here's what it does:

Enemy timestop
Isaac timestop (can be frozen separately from enemies in order to individually pose if need be)
Isaac nearly invisible (for flying around in 0 gravity without isaac in shot)
0 gravity anywhere
Manual camera positioning - this is a bit hard to get used to. Same as my Dead Space 1 table

Other cheats that might be helpful, like god mode, unlimited ammo, etc etc.

Hotkeys can be tweaked if you know how. It's pretty easy. Though the manual camera control will be impossible.

Very cool! The Isaac timestop should make for some interesting shots to be composed.

SRWE doesn't work for me. When i take a shoot get a picture with the same game settings dimensions (in my case 2160p).

I know that SRWE works with this game so what happens?!

Very cool! The Isaac timestop should make for some interesting shots to be composed.

You'd think. I've found it difficult. The camera control isn't the easiest. It's even worse than in DmC. And the game reacts all kinds of funky when you start messing with time scales for enemies and Isaac. I've been able to capture a few interesting moments but nothing too great.

Were I playing this game fresh from the start for the first time, I'd probably get better stuff. But I lack any enthusiasm to really play through this game's levels again. I just don't like it.

SRWE doesn't work for me. When i take a shoot get a picture with the same game settings dimensions (in my case 2160p).

I know that SRWE works with this game so what happens?!

At this point you might want to explain exactly what you're doing. What resolution are you setting in the config? Does the window render at the resolution you set it to (ie - can you take a screenshot of the game's menu with your desired resolution BEFORE using SRWE to resize - just to test). Are you on Windows 8 (not sure if that matters)?

When you resize with SRWE, what are you using to take screenshots? I've found that SweetFX always captures the resolution from the framebuffer. So if you resize with SRWE and SweetFX captures the size you change your window to, then there's probably nothing you can do.

At this point you might want to explain exactly what you're doing. What resolution are you setting in the config? Does the window render at the resolution you set it to (ie - can you take a screenshot of the game's menu with your desired resolution BEFORE using SRWE to resize - just to test). Are you on Windows 8 (not sure if that matters)?

When you resize with SRWE, what are you using to take screenshots? I've found that SweetFX always captures the resolution from the framebuffer. So if you resize with SRWE and SweetFX captures the size you change your window to, then there's probably nothing you can do.

I'll try to explain as best I can.

First of all, i'm on Win7.

I started Bioshock without SFX to be sure that it is not a tool problem. Ingame i've set Windowed Mode and DS res 2160p. When i launch the game for the second time i enable SRWE and set res: 7500x3000 (just a test for now). Press ALT+TAB and back to the game. The screen now is very large, as it should be, and i can see only a piece of the left upper corner. I always take shots with MSI Afterburner when use SRWE but in this game seems not work. Indeed screenshots are always in 2160p, not as I had set.

i dont know why...

I tried SRWE with BF3, Castlevania, Rayman and its work...always with the same way...maybe I'm wrong here something?

I don't think you understand what to use SRWE for. You don't SET the resolution with SRWE (with the exception of a few games). You set your desired resolution in the config and in windowed mode. If all goes well, when you start the game, the window will be larger than your desktop is capable of displaying.

For example, I set 5500x2320 in my config for that game. Since the highest my monitor can display is 3840x2160, the window was too wide and too tall to see everything. So then I grab the window with SRWE and resize it to 3840x1620 (same aspect - and the size fits on my monitor). That way you can play the game at the res you want, but still be able to see everything on your screen.

I set my desktop res to 3840x2160 because if you resize a window too much with SRWE, it will look pretty bad. Screens will still come out to whatever res you set.

Now, SOME games actually re-render to whatever resolution you resize to with SRWE. Battlefield 3 and Tomb Raider are 2 examples. So for those, using SRWE is a lot less practical.

I don't think you understand what to use SRWE for. You don't SET the resolution with SRWE (with the exception of a few games). You set your desired resolution in the config and in windowed mode. If all goes well, when you start the game, the window will be larger than your desktop is capable of displaying.

For example, I set 5500x2320 in my config for that game. Since the highest my monitor can display is 3840x2160, the window was too wide and too tall to see everything. So then I grab the window with SRWE and resize it to 3840x1620 (same aspect - and the size fits on my monitor). That way you can play the game at the res you want, but still be able to see everything on your screen.

I set my desktop res to 3840x2160 because if you resize a window too much with SRWE, it will look pretty bad. Screens will still come out to whatever res you set.

Now, SOME games actually re-render to whatever resolution you resize to with SRWE. Battlefield 3 and Tomb Raider are 2 examples. So for those, using SRWE is a lot less practical.

Believe me, while I was writing I realized that was my mistake. Until now, I always used SRWEfor ames that allowed the resize by tool itself (BF3 for example). I have never harnessed the SRWE true power until I tried bioshock. This is the reason for my mistake. I think understand now how it works.

This thread saved me...Since I have my laptop i had watched the colors washed out...and now finally I know what was wrong...Thank you Gaf !!!!

Btw * do you guys turn Dynamic Contrast enchancement ON or OFF ? How about Color enchancement ?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/10371250644_d47ac683a7_o.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wrong thread duder. Unless you've got a ton of info or strategies you wanna dump on us about taking screenshots in Bioshock Infinite.

I'm guessing you meant the bullshot thread.

Honey Bunny

As I'm getting acquainted with all the tools and info in the OP and it's been super helpful, I thought I'd drop by and give a little advice to anyone running Burnout Paradise.

Holyfuckingshit, turn off SSAO. It dropped me from rock solid 60fps @1080p with 8xMSAA and 8XSGSSAA to 20fps (with 0x000012C0 custom bit in inspector) and it looks horrible to boot -
SSAO.gif

I don't understand why they left this in the video options because it's blatantly broken. Maybe it's because I'm only just getting into PC gaming that I'm surprised by this.

One3rd

Could someone tell me what went Wrong here ?

Dead space screenshot taken at 4K.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100031350@N08/10601191694/lightbox/

And after re sizing to 1080p:

Whats with all the jaggies most notably on the helmet ?

Not sure, can't see the original image as you seem to have it set to "private". Could be the the DS filter being used...but any I've tried don't seem to add much aliasing. What filter did you use?

I found that even at 4K rendering I needed to add post AA to get rid of almost all of the jaggies in this game. From memory I found that SMAA (using SweetFX) gave me the best result without adding any blur.

Thorgal

Not sure, can't see the original image as you seem to have it set to "private". Could be the the DS filter being used...but any I've tried don't seem to add much aliasing. What filter did you use?

I found that even at 4K rendering I needed to add post AA to get rid of almost all of the jaggies in this game. From memory I found that SMAA (using SweetFX) gave me the best result without adding any blur.

Sorry about that.does it work now?

As you can see no jaggies.

I used it for a resolution difference example so i left everything on max and used no AA whatsoever to get a pure difference based only on resolution. no filter used either (lanczos bicubic etc..)

One3rd

Sorry about that.does it work now?

As you can see no jaggies.

I used it for a resolution difference example so i left everything on max and used no AA whatsoever to get a pure difference based only on resolution. no filter used either (lanczos bicubic etc..)

I tried using lanczos2 with FastStone and it comes out better but there are still jaggies. Try adding some FXAA or SMAA and see if that helps. I found that it pretty much removed them when rendering at 4k. You could always try going higher as well...although I couldn't get this to work on my rig but that was before SoftTH.

As for the reason why the aliasing is more pronounced in the down sampled image..I'm not sure...must be due to the algorithm being used though as I get a slightly different result using a different algorithm.

Leks

Hey dude, where do you put the bindings?

Thanks!

BmInput.ini in Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\BmGame\Config. I only put two bindings:

Bindings=(Name="Multiply", Command="ToggleGfx") (hide HUD)
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="fov 100")

Like Thorgal said, that only works if you choose the "read only" in the properties of the file.

BmInput.ini in Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\BmGame\Config. I only put two bindings:

Bindings=(Name="Multiply", Command="ToggleGfx") (hide HUD)
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="fov 100")

Like Thorgal said, that only works if you choose the "read only" in the properties of the file.

Doh! My bad. I totally thought the bindings were for Arkham Origins. Thank you anyways though. :)

neoenigma, since you just bought the game this post might be useful. Hopefully you have some luck with Cheat Engine, would love to have more control over the camera in this game. There is some really interesting level design that begs to be properly screen shot.

I have a problem with the command "Tiledshot X"

4qLPc2.jpg

I'm using Tiledshot 4, how can i resolve this weird thing ?

One3rd

I have a problem with the command "Tiledshot X"

4qLPc2.jpg

I'm using Tiledshot 4, how can i resolve this weird thing ?

Umm...ya. Tiledshot does that in DmC. You'll need to use a driver based rendering or SoftTH with LookingGlass. <- this works very well with DmC to render at crazy resolutions. The nice thing about this solution is that the resolution is selectable in-game and with DmC you can switch between 1080p (or whatever you run at) to this after setting up a screenshot. I was able to get some pretty high resolutions. I found 6400x3600 usable on my paltry 560Ti...although I was getting between 2-8 FPS!

Now that I'm playing through the Bioshock Infinite DLC, I decided to try and get a better handle on the FOV slider in-game. There are 2 files to modify in order to get a finely crafted FOV slider :)

First, in "XEngine.ini" you want to find this line:
FOVAngle=70.000000

That is base value the slider is built around. Let's change that to 50 for the sake of this example.

Next, go in "XUserOptions.ini" and find the following:
MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent=15

I've changed that to 80. 80% of 50 is 40. The minimum FOV is the base value minus the offset percentage of the base value. The maximum is the base value plus the offset percentage of the base value.

What this means is you get a slider that goes like such:
[10 ----- 50 ----- 90]

Another quick example using the above values:
FOVAngle=80.000000
MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent=50

Resulting slider:
[40 ---- 80 ---- 120]

I updated my Bioshock Infinite post with that information.

One3rd

These are the binds that I used in Alice: Madness Returns for Timestop, Camera Lock, Noclip, etc. This can be used for almost any UE3 game, although some commands work for some games and others do not. Some games like Bulletstorm and Spec Ops: The Line use encrypted INI files, unfortunately. For example, every single binding here works perfectly in X-Men Origins: Wolverine except for Ghost/Walk. This is probably useful in more games than I'm even aware of. Some UE3 games use ToggleHUD, some use ShowHUD.

Copy/Paste this under [Engine.PlayerInput] in <Game>Input.INI in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\<game>\<game>\Config

Please be aware that many bindings use the "Alt" key modifier, which means they have an additional function if the Alt key is held down simultaneously to the normal key.

i.e., Pressing NumPadZero will lock the camera in place, and in order to "snap" it back to the character, you must press Alt+NumPadZero.

If you are familiar with many common Unreal Engine console commands, you can also slightly modify this formatting to bind whatever you want. UE3 is the shit when developers give players access to the nitty-gritty.

Bindings=(Name="Add",Command="Pause")
Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="PlayersOnly")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="Camera Fixed")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="Camera ThirdPerson",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Ghost")
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Walk",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="Tiledshot 4")
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ToggleHUD")
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHUD",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 10")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 20")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 30")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 40")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 50")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 60")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 70")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 75")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 80")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 85",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 95",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 100",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 105",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 110",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 115",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 120",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 130",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 0",Alt=True)

alicemadness.png

ib0mCP36JKJt7h.png

iUJIkdYQOmgdt.png

Thanks a lot for this Antitrop, it was very useful. I did find that the location of the bindings was a bit different for Alice: Madness Returns though. I needed to put the key binds at the bottom of the the [AliceGame.AlicePlayerInput] section in \Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config\AliceInput.ini.

Key Binds

The binds I used were:
Code:
Bindings=(Name="Add",Command="Pause",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="PlayersOnly",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="Camera Fixed",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="Camera ThirdPerson",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Ghost",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Walk",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="Tiledshot 4",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ToggleHUD",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHUD",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 10",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 20",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 30",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 40",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 50",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 60",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 70",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 75",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 80",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 85",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 95",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 105",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 115",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 120",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 130",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="N",Command="Slomo 0.3",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="N",Command="Slomo 1.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="M",Command="Slomo 0.1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

I also added SloMo to slow down time for capturing action shots.

N - slomo 0.3 (slow)
ALT + N - slomo 1 (disables)
M - slomo 0.1 (very slow)

31 FPS Cap

To disable the cap, go to \Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config\AliceEngine.ini, find the [Engine.Engine] section and change the below from 31 to 60 or whatever frame rate you want. This game is poorly optimized so you may get drops in frame rate at various points (especially when using the pepper gun).

Code:
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=60

Enable DLC

Another thing you may want to do is to enable the games DLC. this gives you a number of costumes and some new weapons. I was able to get this working on the digital direct version of the game that I downloaded from Amazon, I also hear that this solution works with the Steam version as well...not sure about the Origin version though.

Go to your game folder; \GAMES\Alice Madness Returns\Game\Alice2\AliceGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini, and at the very bottom under the
[AliceGame.AliceGameEngine] section, change GIsSpecialPCEdition from FALSE to TRUE.

Code:
[AliceGame.AliceGameEngine]
Alice1Path=..\..\..\Alice1\bin
GIsSpecialPCEdition=TRUE

Fix for controls not working

I had problems having key binds work in two three areas, deploying the umbrella, firing weapons duringt he ship sequence, and having giant Alice stomp. These were potentially game stopping bugs as it can be very difficult to progress past certain areas without these game mechanics working.

I found many references, and solutions, to this problem but not until I got to the giant Alice section did I find what worked for me. As discussed here the default binds in the config files may have the wrong syntax where spaces are missing between the pipe's "|". I'm not really sure if this was an issue or not as wehen I went through and changed them all to " | " as suggested I didn't see any improvement. [NOTE: Easy way to do this is find/replace " |" with "|", then "| " with "|", then "|" with " | " to make sure each has a space on either side.]

What I found that solved the problem for me was that there were two references to the mouse button in the [AliceGame.AlicePlayerInput] section of the AliceInput.ini file that were not correct and missing some values. I deleted these lines from this file and the default binds took over and I was able to stomp like crazy. The two lines I removed are below, make sure to back up all your ini files before making any changes.

Code:
Bindings=(Name="LeftMouseButton",Command="MeleeAttack | OnRelease QuitWeaponAttack",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="RangeWeaponFirePress | OnRelease RangeWeaponFireRelease",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

If you had the same keybinding issue, hopefully this will work for you as well. I can't believe there was such a game breaking bug left in the game.

No Hud

Go to User/Documents/Ghost Games/Need For Speed Rivals/settings/PROFILEOPTIONS_profile

set:

GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight 2.000000
GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 2.000000

Save.

Ex:

Keep in mind you will have to exit and change this back to 1.0 to get the HUD back.

One3rd

Not sure if this should be a seperate post or added to Medieval Warfare. Either way it will expand on what is in the Medieval Warfare post.

New separate ini files

The ini files for Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior are located in the \Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior\CDWGame\Config\ folder. We will be editing the following files but I recommend backing up this entire folder before you start tweaking and also after you finish just in case the game updates and wipes out your changes.
Code:
CDWGame.ini
CDWSettings.ini
CDWSystemSettings.ini

Removing Vignette

Modifying the ini file is no longer required as there is a tick box in the in-game options to disable this.

PlayersOnly, Slomo, Ghost

Edit the CDWGame.ini file in \Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior\CDWGame\Config\. At the end of file under the [CDW.AOCPlayerInput] section, after all other binds, add in the UE3 binds that you want to use. I haven't tried anything other than what I've put below but there are likely more that work.

Code:
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="ToggleHUD")
Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="tiledshot 4 128")
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="tiledshot 5 512")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="Slomo 0.1")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="Slomo 0.3")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="Slomo 1.0")
Bindings=(Name="Add",Command="Pause")
Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="PlayersOnly")
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Ghost")
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Walk",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ToggleHUD")

Notes on Tiledshot command

Some of the post effects are not coming through properly when using the base "tiledshot 5" command. Mainly any sun rays or bloom from light sources, this we can't do anything about when using tiledshot. Although, there is another effect that looks to be new (or just more pronounced) with C:DW that does cause cause noticeable artifacts. You can see in the image below where the specular reflection [is this the correct term?] is cut off where each tile overlaps.

One solution for this is to overlap the tiles to remove this artifact (and effect). The only drawback is that you lose this extra lighting effect in your image. There is still some glare (bloom?) but the effect is now reduced. This is the tradeoff for being able to render at ludicrous resolutions.

I found that using "tiledshot 5 512", with the overlap of 512 seemed to solve this problem. Possibly a smaller value may produce the same results although I did not try anything else. Results of this below.

Reducing texture streaming

I noticed this more in C:DW than I did with C:MW. When moving towards or away from objects the textures are streamed in from low quality to high quality as you get closer to the object. This produces noticeable pop-in when pausing the action for screenshots and results in a lot of low quality textures if you are even at medium distance from your subject.

I tried playing around with the MinLODSize of the TEXTUREGROUP values by increasing this to the MaxLODSize value but this did not work as expected and produced unwanted results. If anyone knows how to tweak these settings to increase the texture resolution, or IQ, I'd love to hear from you!

I did find that this could be minimized by stopping the texture streaming (at least I think that's what this does) to the point where I don't see any texture pop-in and can't tell if the textures at medium and long range are any different to the ones up close...which is what we want in the end anyway.

Edit the CDWSystemSettings.ini file in \Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior\CDWGame\Config\. Under the [SystemSettings] heading add "NumStreamedMips=0" to the end of each TEXTUREGROUP line before the ")".

Example, do this for all of the TEXTUREGROUP values you find in this section.

Before:
Code:
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Change to:
Code:
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage,NumStreamedMips=0)

Final result after running the game and it rejigs the order:
Code:
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=8,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_Blur5)
TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Linear,MipFilter=Linear,NumStreamedMips=0,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Local Bots Server

This was so simple to implement I'm not sure why I wasn't able to get this working previously! *Thanks go to "Soldat-Hans" and "Dirk the Daring" on the Steam Community for the server command info.

To set a local server with any map you want AND bots AND have all the screenshot binds available, you will need to do the following.

1. Open the console using the tilde (~) key.
2. Type "open <map name>" to start the map that you want. List of map names and other server commands can be found in the SDK documentation in this post.
3. Add bots by typing "addbots 10", and do this multiple times for more bots! Not sure how we can define the class and loadout of these yet so they are random for now. [anyone know how to do this?]

An example would be to type exactly as below into the console to start the acropolis map in PTB (plant the banner) mode with 20 bots.

Code:
open ptb-acropolis
addbots 10
addbots 10

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
No Hud

Go to User/Documents/Ghost Games/Need For Speed Rivals/settings/PROFILEOPTIONS_profile

set:

GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight 2.000000
GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 2.000000

Save.

Ex:

Keep in mind you will have to exit and change this back to 1.0 to get the HUD back.

If there are legitimate options in the INI's to tweak, I feel like this is something that you may be able to reasonably edit with Cheat Engine so that you can toggle it between 1.0 and 2.0.

Need for Speed: Rivals - Hud Toggle

This works so far for me.

When you're actually in-game driving around, alt-tab to enable the script ("Enable HUD Toggler")

Go back in-game.

H to disable HUD
Alt + H to enable HUD

It's also the key bound to the horn. Deal with it.

I've only tested this in single player (64bit). An update will also break this, so don't add this to the first page until I have a script that will work for future updates.

Need for Speed: Rivals - Hud Toggle

This works so far for me.

When you're actually in-game driving around, alt-tab to enable the script ("Enable HUD Toggler")

Go back in-game.

H to disable HUD
Alt + H to enable HUD

It's also the key bound to the horn. Deal with it.

I've only tested this in single player (64bit). An update will also break this, so don't add this to the first page until I have a script that will work for future updates.

Very nice man!

One3rd

Anyone tried SoftTH + LookingGlass with Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior after the DLC released? I can't seem to get it working as it seems to see the game "launcher" as the window that needs to be re-sized instead of the actual game window. Would love to be able to get some higher resolutions with SweetFX for injected SMAA without using tiledshot that loses some post effects.

This might not be the right thread to ask... anyway

I use an Elgato Camecapture HD to record video, so it's always H.264, Mpeg4, max bitrate 30Mbps. From there i take screenshots, it's far from uncompressed high quality, but for me personally it was enough.

I only use it for console screenshots, but with 1080p i start too see compression artefacts. At 720p they are not there.

Anybody know why that is? I suspect that my laptop CPU is too weak (core 2 duo 2,1 ghz, it barely made the minimum required specs).
I can't set the bitrate manually, it's all automatic. If i use a more potent PC (CPU), can i minimise compression artefacts that way or is that not the reason why i suddenly have clearly visible artefacts?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This might not be the right thread to ask... anyway

I use an Elgato Camecapture HD to record video, so it's always H.264, Mpeg4, max bitrate 30Mbps. From there i take screenshots, it's far from uncompressed high quality, but for me personally it was enough.

I only use it for console screenshots, but with 1080p i start too see compression artefacts. At 720p they are not there.

Anybody know why that is? I suspect that my laptop CPU is too weak (core 2 duo 2,1 ghz, it barely made the minimum required specs).
I can't set the bitrate manually, it's all automatic. If i use a more potent PC (CPU), can i minimise compression artefacts that way or is that not the reason why i suddenly have clearly visible artefacts?

Higher resolutions require a higher bit rate to suffer less compression. My guess is that the capture card isn't capable of capturing 1080p at a high enough bit rate for there not to be a ton of noticeable artifacts.

If you do have a better PC, you may be able to pass through at 1080p (which i'd imagine would have too much artifacts passed through) then you can just record the screen with the PC itself using something like Fraps.

Thorgal

So i am encountering a strange issue with Sweet FX.

Dead space 2 continuously keeps crashing on start up with sweetFX installed.

I know it is not fraps and i am not using afterburner.

So why do i have this issue while others have not and how can i fix it ?

So i am encountering a strange issue with Sweet FX.

Dead space 2 continuously keeps crashing on start up with sweetFX installed.

Are you running it through steam? I had to disable my Steam overlay for that game.

I also used Boulotaur's injector for that game.

This Cheat engine table is now AOB scanned so it will work for future updates. So I'm comfortable creating a first page game-title post

Free Camera, FOV, Toggle Hud

Grab this Cheat Engine table

Attach the table to the game. Don't activate any scripts. Then go in-game. Once in-game, press F1 (this will enable both the camera script and the ToggleHud script).

Delete - toggle free camera
Free cam is controlled with I J K L (forward, backward, side-to-side) and U O (up, down)

Numpad 5 - Toggle Hud
Number row (-) and (+) - Change FOV

Time of day control
Still uses the same CE table. There are 2 scripts and only 1 can be active at a time. It helps if you have the table open on a 2nd monitor so you can keep track of what's active.

F6 - Enable time of day control
Use [ ] keys to change the time of day

F7 - enable sun position control
Use ALT + [ ] keys to change sun position (useful for changing the direction of shadows)

Example screenshots:

Windowed mode

For whatever reason, if you want windowed mode, you can have it. It's pretty easy. I'll just quote my previous post on it.

mgr.inz.Player said:
AC4_WindowMode patcher:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0BwMAnE6mjogMdjl5UFZCVENFUG8

Copy it to AC4 dir, launch it, type y and press ENTER. Patching will start.
Pressing only enter will give you info about current mode.

Patching again will revert all changes.

In action:
0EAArkB.jpg

One3rd

Just wanted to get this documented somewhere

No Hud, Hide Weapon

Find your "..Documents/Shadow Warrior/profiles/<your-profile-name>/binds.cfg" file

You may have to run the game once to generate it.

Add the following binds (change the keys to something you'd prefer)

<snip>

Good instructions. This needs a quick link on the first page.

Top Bottom