• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Spider-Man 3 The Game The Official Thread

Snaku

Banned
newsguy said:
Okay man do me a favor. Find the tallest building in the city, climb to the top, and swan dive off of it. How long does is take to get to the bottom? I loved free falling in SM2 more than anything else.

There's a free falling Achievement in the 360 version. :)

Edit: I guess there isn't. I could have sworn I read there was earlier. =/

Oni Jazar

Pedobear said:
I'd disagree. It was really fun and SM3 is even funnier.

I disagree with your disagreement. The missions and levels were very poor. Combat was simplistic. Sound was very blah. Granted the web-slinging was so good I still own and enjoy the game, but I don't enjoy playing through the missions.

Snaku said:
There's a free falling Achievement in the 360 version. :)

Edit: I guess there isn't. I could have sworn I read there was earlier. =/

There's this, though:

Splat Master 2007
Splat into the ground 25 times.

360 FTW.

:lol

Dr_Cogent

Banned
SonnyBoy said:
*In light of the dumbing down of the web swinging, Dr. Cognet is somewhere purchasing razors blades to slit his wrists with...

So there is no option to have the sweet swinging system that was in SM2?

WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

I will have to give it a shot regardless. I am disappointed with what I am reading though. The swinging system (not the easy system either) in SM2 was PERFECT. I was awesome at it and it should not have changed. They should have just kept it and had another easy system.

There isn't an option to have the good swinging system is there?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Dr_Cogent said:
Not that I can see unfortunately. If it can consolate you, the animations are way better when you swing.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Pedobear said:
Not that I can see unfortunately. If it can consolate you, the animations are way better when you swing.

SHIT. Well, I like good animations, but the I'm really bummed that they decided to dumb down the swinging system. They really had something good going there and it sounds like they mucked it up good.

Why should I have to suffer when others suck? Make the game so the people who don't like the complicated swinging can revert to easy. Don't just force the easy shit on those of us who like the more intricate version.

SM2 is BC now right? I might have to go pick it up again just so I can get my swinging fix if this doesn't cut it.

**** you Treyarch!

Snaku

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
So there is no option to have the sweet swinging system that was in SM2?

WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

I will have to give it a shot regardless. I am disappointed with what I am reading though. The swinging system (not the easy system either) in SM2 was PERFECT. I was awesome at it and it should not have changed. They should have just kept it and had another easy system.

I'm kinda over not having SM2's normal webslinging in it. Ultimate Spider-Man pissed me off so much that I'm kinda apathetic towards it at this point. I'm grateful for SM2 Easy Swing I guess...it could have been much worse.

"It is more similar to Spider-Man 2. Not like USM at all. The only difference is in SM3, you actually have more control over which direction you swing. For example, in SM2 if you were anchored to a building on your left, you could really only swing in an arc in one specific direction. In SM 3 you can swing any direction no matter where the anchor point is. It's less "realistic" when it comes to pure physics but its more movie like and more fun IMO."

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Snaku said:
I'm kinda over not having SM2's normal webslinging in it. Ultimate Spider-Man pissed me off so much that I'm kinda apathetic towards it at this point.

I didn't buy USM because of the swinging alone :(

Littleberu said:
"It is more similar to Spider-Man 2. Not like USM at all. The only difference is in SM3, you actually have more control over which direction you swing. For example, in SM2 if you were anchored to a building on your left, you could really only swing in an arc in one specific direction. In SM 3 you can swing any direction no matter where the anchor point is. It's less "realistic" when it comes to pure physics but its more movie like and more fun IMO."

LAME. I want real pendulum physics, not retarded physics.

This game better rock in the combat department now that it's gone all lame like FDR in the swinging.

TheCardPlayer

Well it's not the USM swinging for sure. It's a bit more elaborate than SM2's child mode too.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
So let me make sure I've got this clear, pulling the right trigger while swinging does not cause SM to kick his legs out in front of him giving him more momentum? This was part of the sweet swinging system. And there aren't real pendulum physics? He just swings where ever the **** he wants regardless of how he is attached?

Snaku

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
So let me make sure I've got this clear, pulling the right trigger while swinging does not cause SM to kick his legs out in front of him giving him more momentum? This was part of the sweet swinging system. And there aren't real pendulum physics? He just swings where ever the **** he wants regardless of how he is attached?

I don't know what button makes him swing faster, but there's an Achievement (I double checked this time) for swinging at 200 mph. So the speed will be there, you just have to get more experience and unlock better swinging moves.

Dr_Cogent said:

Yep. There's no momentum. It's actually a bit more enjoyable than the second game. You swing, and you can turn where you want, so you're not forced to go into that direction.

It's also completely different than USM.

Shinn

Blah I still want the Wii version. I think its drawbacks are no sewrs, swimming, and shorter, but it's bigger than SM2.

tralfazz

JB1981 said:
oh my god, i wonder which version that is. the framerate is awful. look at how bad it gets after he gets out of the water

I would assume the PC since it wants you to press 's' to backup on the shot.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
JB1981 said:
oh my god, i wonder which version that is. the framerate is awful. look at how bad it gets after he gets out of the water

i sincerely hope that's just stuttery video playback

PC version, hence the "S" key prompt.

any spider-man 2 players want to compare it's swinging to the wii version? i understood that the wii version had deeper swinging... but are the physics still less pendulum?

man i was pretty hyped for the game but now after the swinging comments its all gone.

I thought hte Swinging in SPidey 2 was brilliant but everything else sucked shit. Swinging kept me playing the game for hours. SM3 seems like SM2 + bigger level and mediocre swinging :(

newsguy

So what's the difference here guys? I don't remember (or never used) easy swing mode on SM2.

Are there less pendulum physics used?

Is there no way to shift your weight forward?

I'm not sure what is is we're going to be missing in SM3 when it comes to swinging.

TheCardPlayer

I can safely say that the game is fun. It's really, really, really fun. It would have been much better then SM2 if it wasn't for the simplier swinging. But it looks very fluid and there's still alot of fun to be had with it.

Kabuki Waq said:
man i was pretty hyped for the game but now after the swinging comments its all gone.

I thought hte Swinging in SPidey 2 was brilliant but everything else sucked shit. Swinging kept me playing the game for hours. SM3 seems like SM2 + bigger level and mediocre swinging :(

You guys should really try the game out. The swinging is basically the same, except now you can go in the opposite direction.

Ack! I ordered the Wii version, then cancelled the order after reading some negative impressions, then re-ordered and now I'm hearing that it's very short and shite, which has left me on the verge of cancellation once more....!

Dave1988

Okay. Playing the PS2 version of S-M3. Spidey is better animated and the pedestrains look better then in S-M 2 butyou can clearly see it's the same engine only upgraded.

Now the swinging....I'm only just started the game but it feels kinda awkward. Proboably have to get used to it but for now I feel that it isn't nearly as intuitive as in S-M2.

f@luS

More than a member.
gobelin video looks cool

picking the game tomorrow....which one should i take? Ps3 , Xbox? still no H2H :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
f@luS said:
gobelin video looks cool

picking the game tomorrow....which one should i take? Ps3 , Xbox? still no H2H :(

PS3 collector's edition.

Does anyone have a clue if the collector's edition will be a case like lost planet and FF12?

f@luS

More than a member.
The matter is , if both XB & PS3 game are the same ,ill go for the Ps3 CE.
I'd like to play gobelin. BUt its not as important as framerate/gfx in this case imho, so i really would like to know which one pick up :(.

I really have to try the game to see why people are saying the swing system is messed up, from the videos it doesnt seem too bad, the only thing bad is that it doesnt seem like you can speed up/dash in the air

Phaethon0017 said:
Wow. I think he messed his suit :lol.
That was ****ing crazy.
He jumped from like the 20s to the end of ****ing central park up around 108th street. That's like a good 4 ****ing miles.
Holy crap.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Littleberu said:
Yep. There's no momentum. It's actually a bit more enjoyable than the second game. You swing, and you can turn where you want, so you're not forced to go into that direction.

It's also completely different than USM.

****. I'm going to pick up SM2 when I get SM3 if they have any copies.

Littleberu said:
You guys should really try the game out. The swinging is basically the same, except now you can go in the opposite direction.

So basically, no pendulum physics then.

citrus lump said:
Wow, people actually care about realistic physics in Spider-Man game?

believe it or not, its more fun that way

I just noticed that Spiderman 2 works on 360, if I could only get my saved data from my Xbox on my 360 I would play it right now.

Top Bottom