• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo Switch coming with 32GB seems crazy to me for 2017

liquidtmd

Banned
It feels like the vast majority of people on neogaf have no concept of the costs, power variability, and average usage profiles of mobile hardware.

Whilst that maybe true to an extent, I think others do appreciate the tech decisions Nintendo have made but are more scratching their heads about how they are going to reconcile the console and handheld audience they are pitching this to.

As a console it seems lacking and yet it is not wholly a handheld. I fully understand some may counter 'its completely a handheld' but you've got a disconnect in how Nintendo sells the docked experience akin to a console experience, coupled with my big apprehension third party support with ports is going to be on par with Wii U due to storage and power.

Third party does matter. And this 32GB thing doesn't to me send the right signals to them. Hopefully they can overcome it.

You can't have a hard-drive in a tablet.

That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo is an insanely cheap company, and could have easily put at least 64GB of flash memory into this thing, at what would likely have been incredibly cheap prices on their end.

What makes matters worse, is that this is the same mistake they made with the WiiU, and that having more on-board storage, would easily pay for itself, as people would spend more money on digital games.

4Tran

They have to use compression regardless, the size of the Switch's internal memory is a pale point relative to the size and increasing costs of the cartridge storage. All developers will want to keep their games with the 16-32GB window regardless.
They will actually want to keep their games to 10GB or less. If a AAA game gets made for the Switch, it will have to be shrunk down a lot.

Lizardus

I am ok with that.

I recently purchased RDR to play on my newly bought XONE S. I put the disc in and expect to play but nope, it wants to install on the HDD so it downloads the game onto my console without even giving me a choice. "I guess this is how it is", I think to myself.

I finish that session and take the disc out of the console and put it back in the case.

Next day, I want to play RDR again so I boot up the console and try to start the game. It asks me to put the disc in the drive.

Why? Didn't the game install itself on my HDD without my consent? What do you need a disc for?

I have 20+ games (physical) for the 32GB WiiU and I was fine. I'll be fine with the Switch.

That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo is an insanely cheap company, and could have easily put at least 64GB of flash memory into this thing, at what would likely have been incredibly cheap prices on their end.

What makes matters worse, is that this is the same mistake they made with the WiiU, and that having more on-board storage, would easily pay for itself, as people would spend more money on digital games.

If we are really going crazy over 32 GB vs 64 GB, I dunno. So great we can fit 4 games instead of 2. If you plan on going digital, you are buying a SD card no matter what.

Not trying to sound snarky, but I don't think the difference is that meaningful, but maybe they should have done it for perception's sake.

Also just curious (legit question), are there any sub 300 dollar tablets that have greater than 32 GB storage? I legitimately don't know. We have to remember that even the Nvidia Shield TV has 16 GB of storage. If an extra 32 GB was a real difference maker, how possible is that and still have the price sitting at 300?

4Tran

If we are really going crazy over 32 GB vs 64 GB, I dunno. So great we can fit 4 games instead of 2. If you plan on going digital, you are buying a SD card no matter what.

Not trying to sound snarky, but I don't think the difference is that meaningful, but maybe they should have done it for perception's sake.
It makes a huge difference for publishers.

Also just curious (legit question), are there any sub 300 dollar tablets that have greater than 32 GB storage? I legitimately don't know. We have to remember that even the Nvidia Shield TV has 16 GB of storage. If an extra 32 GB was a real difference maker, how possible is that and still have the price sitting at 300?
Nintendo could always eat the cost.

I'm not concerned with how many games that's gonna be but how many patches.
I am ok with that.

I recently purchased RDR to play on my newly bought XONE S. I put the disc in and expect to play but nope, it wants to install on the HDD so it downloads the game onto my console without even giving me a choice. "I guess this is how it is", I think to myself.

I finish that session and take the disc out of the console and put it back in the case.

Next day, I want to play RDR again so I boot up the console and try to start the game. It asks me to put the disc in the drive.

Why? Didn't the game install itself on my HDD without my consent? What do you need a disc for?
Backwards compatibility checks for a disc to make sure you own a copy but since it's wholly software based it just downloads the game wholesale. Not sure why it can't install off the disc but getting to play 360 games on the xbox is already close to a miracle as is, maybe it can't read the 2nd layer of the dual dvd.

You know you can delete and reinstall games if needed right?

It's no different than choosing to not carry 30 game carts with you when you are traveling.

I think before PS4 (and maybe XBox if someone can confirm), if you deleted a game, it wouldn't show up in your library. I really like how PS4 allows you to see all the games you own whether they are downloaded onto your system or not. Of course you can delete games if you don't have room for it but I hope (but doubt) that Nintendo would employ something similar.

Whilst that maybe true to an extent, I think others do appreciate the tech decisions Nintendo have made but are more scratching their heads about they are going to reconcile the console and handheld audience they are pitching this to.

As a console it seems lacking and yet it is not wholly a handheld. I fully understand some may counter 'its completely a handheld' but you've got a disconnect in how Nintendo sells the docked experience akin to a console experience, coupled with my big apprehension third party support with ports is going to be on par with Wii U due to storage and power.

Third party does matter. And this 32GB thing doesn't to me send the right signals to them. Hopefully they can overcome it.

I feel you, I also think that the system is set up for a very niche position at the moment. I don't think its ready for the mainstream market, and with Nintendo's continued insistence on supporting the 3DS, extremely expensive accessories, Iwata's words on varying form factors, and Nvidia's 20 year partnership comments, I think Nintendo is very much playing for the long term at the moment while depending on their die hards to buy the system as it is now.

The hardware and concept of the Switch is very flexible in a way the Wii U never was. With a die shrink we could see a smaller single player handheld only version that plays the same games, or with general hardware improvements over the next few years we could get a set top box that plays Switch software at 4K or in 1080p with enhancements (like the PS4 Pro). We could also see a revision of the existing form factor that runs in docked mode on the go with a 1080p screen, which with existing joycons and a google cardboard like headmount would actually make for a killer VR experience in a very affordable package.

For now though, I think they're just trying to lay the groundwork and build up the platform until the tech advances enough to be more flexible in pricing, form factor, and features. Even if the current Switch fails, they don't have to abandon existing owners like they pretty much had to with the Wii U.

Lizardus

I'm not concerned with how many games that's gonna be but how many patches.

Backwards compatibility checks for a disc to make sure you own a copy but since it's wholly software based it just downloads the game wholesale. Not sure why it can't install off the disc but getting to play 360 games on the xbox is already close to a miracle as is.

Thats true but WiiU and Wii had awesome BC.

I don't really see the need to go full digital yet. Why do PS4/XBONE still install the games on your HDD for some reason even if you get a physical version? With physical copies, you can trade/lend to friends etc.

I am glad Switch will have "plug and play" when it comes to games.

I feel you, I also think that the system is set up for a very niche position at the moment. I don't think its ready for the mainstream market, and with Nintendo's continued insistence on supporting the 3DS, extremely expensive accessories, Iwata's words on varying form factors, and Nvidia's 20 year partnership comments, I think Nintendo is very much playing for the long term at the moment while depending on their die hards to buy the system as it is now.

The hardware and concept of the Switch is very flexible in a way the Wii U never was. With a die shrink we could see a smaller single player handheld only version that plays the same games, or with general hardware improvements over the next few years we could get a set top box that plays Switch software at 4K or in 1080p with enhancements (like the PS4 Pro). We could also see a revision of the existing form factor that runs in docked mode on the go with a 1080p screen, which with existing joycons and a google cardboard like headmount would actually make for a killer VR experience in a very affordable package.

For now though, I think they're just trying to lay the groundwork and build up the platform until the tech advances enough to be more flexible in pricing, form factor, and features. Even if the current Switch fails, they don't have to abandon existing owners like they pretty much had to with the Wii U.

Iwata is dead, man.

RIP

sneas78

Banned
How about voice chat that comes via smartphone app? "Hey, come make some calls using our app. You're welcome!"

The problem is that it's more cost on top of an already (imo) overpriced system, especially when you consider the cost of accessories. Joy-Con, pair - $80. Single Joy-Con - $50. Pro controller - $70. So, minimum, if I want a decent controller, decent storage and a single game, I'm expected to shell out $299 + $60 + 70 + $35-45 + tax. Yeah, Ninty can go sit on a pineapple.

Yeah this is a straight up vita move. Even Sony didn't care.

Thats true but WiiU and Wii had awesome BC.

I don't really see the need to go full digital yet. Why do PS4/XBONE still install the games on your HDD for some reason even if you get a physical version? With physical copies, you can trade/lend to friends etc.
Wii U had a Wii built in and IIRC Wii was built upon the Gamecube tech.
XBO and PS4 are running software emulation, essentially a virtual machine.

Games are installed because Bluray reads too slow to play from nowadays and they'd require cartridges in their stead otherwise. Which are considerably more expensive.

Zen Aku

Those games are like 20 years old.
The man asked for "full" console games on an Android device. He didn't say which era. You're just cherry picking.

I think if it came with 64GB no one would really complain. Doubt jumping to 64GB would even cost Nintendo that much in bulk.
Yep, it should have been at least 64GB.

I'm comparing the current Vita price to the current Switch price.
Oh wait, now we can compares the Switch to other devices at the price point they're CURRENTLY selling at?

I seem to remember some people on here saying that it wasn't fair to compete the $300 Switch with a current $265 PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4. 🤔

So what is it GAF?

I posted one last page. The Asus ZenPad 3s, 64GB for $300.

Buggy Loop

Wow, peoples are bringing iphone 7 256GB in here as a justification that Nintendo cheaped out? 900+$ for your little gadget, 900$. Don't complain that it'll cost you ~100$ for a 256GB microSD. Switch + Card is a fraction of that thing.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
My iPhone has 256GB of flash storage. 32GB is just too low.
You are stuck with that. And you can't get game cartridges. Mobile games can't compete with Switch ambitions for this reason. They have the power, a good screen, but are by design limited by storage.

Switch doesn't have this problem. You can buy cartridges, that you can even resell. I love always having some games with me, so I will buy an SD card. 64g is 13€ in France. I'll go with 200GB.

I'm a gamer, it's my passion and I dedicate money for it. Others spend fortunes in drones, camera lenses, cars. We are talking about few dozens euros to get dozens of console games on this stunning handheld.

shandy706

And a 256GB iPhone is $900.

....and Apple marks their hardware WAAAAAAY up beyond how much it's worth for 128GB of storage or more. It's ridiculous.

I see 128GB micro SD cards for $30-$40 all the time. I've even seen them for $25 on sale.

Nintendo could have done more at the $300 price point. 32GB is abysmal. Even my Vita has enough digital purchases I can't fit them on 32GB.

Edit** Just did an Amazon search. Samsung, Sandisk, Patriot, PNY, SP..etc...all have 128GB MicroSD cards for $39.99 or less.

azyless

I'm bummed by it, but unlike other stuff I've already complained about, I'm not sure of the alternatives considering the cost and form factor of the console.
I guess it would be easier for me to accept if I knew for sure that the costly tech inside the console and controllers was worth it, but as it is I have doubts it'll be fully exploited, so favoring that instead of basic things like disk size... I don't know, time will tell I guess.
All I know is that as someone who hasn't bought physical games since the Wii era, it means another cost I have to factor in and it's one of the reasons I'll be waiting for a big price drop on the console.

r3ddvil

Oh wait, now we can compares the Switch to other devices at the price point they're CURRENTLY selling at?

I seem to remember some people on here saying that it wasn't fair to compete the $300 Switch with a current $265 PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4. 🤔

So what is it GAF?

Well, I don't "speak" for GAF. But I will say this.

Comparing mobile devices to a PS4 is not apples to apples. The PS4 is not 300 grams, portable, with a built in touch screen, & battery. The VITA is, therefore is an apt comparison, at least for the purposes of comparing product value in reference to other competing devices of similar functionality in the market. And its current price is relevant, not its 5 year old launch price, just like it is silly compare the price of a 3DO circa 1994 to an Xbox 1......or comparing an iPad gaming performance with a PS4 - and with the iPad you get 32gb at the $500 price point.

If I walk in to a store, on March 3, and would like to purchase a gaming device with mobility, the Switch is, hardware wise, the best price performance value proposition on the market. It really isnt even close.

Cake Boss

Banned
People suggesting to just buy another SDcard, here's an idea how about Nintendo includes a better storage option so you don't have to buy another SDcard. Especially when the console is priced at similar price as the other consoles on the market which offer 500gb at least.

r3ddvil

As I said in a previous post, if you'd rather game on an Asus ZEN, be my guest.

Regardless of finding ONE device (and I'm sure there are others, if you look hard enough), at the end of the day 32gb is standard in many mobile devices, from many of the worlds leading manufacturers, such as Apple and Samsung. It's not like Nintendo is giving 32 when everyone else is dropping 512gb in every device.....

r3ddvil

People suggesting to just buy another SDcard, here's an idea how about Nintendo includes a better storage option so you don't have to buy another SDcard. Especially when the console is priced at similar price as the other consoles on the market which offer 500gb at least.

500g is provided by a hard disk.Mobile devices, for too many reasons to get in to, do not use hard disks. The cost per GB for a HD is a fraction than for solid state.

Would going to 64GB really have made that big of a difference?

Its stupid, but I'm not surprised. Nintendo hardware is such a bizarre combination of both cheapening out and putting in expensive unnecessary gimmicks. Has been for years.

Ploid 3.0

This tablet is so expensive. The storage solutions and the price of everything else would annoy me.

Maybe they will allow people to connect external HDDs to the dock via usb and provide easy to use software that makes loading a game on the tablet for remote play a breeze. When you want to play your entire digital library you just dock it and play on the tv like a console.

Even still, not everyone has a external hdd laying around, so it would still add to the cost of this thing. PS4 and Xbox One shipped with a good sized HDD. All Digital is just probably not the way to go for Switch. Cartridges only. How expensive would those cartridges get for huge 50gig+ games if they were to come to switch? Same normal price?

I never knew people were happy with Apple overpricing internal memory and removing the option to freely use MicroSD cards.

The more you know.

Bamboo 竹;228495945 said:
I never knew people were happy with Apple overpricing internal memory and removing the option to freely use MicroSD cards.

The more you know.

This shit right here. You can buy an ipad pro for $600 that comes with.....32GB of storage and no option to expand it.

Just buy a damn microsd card and be done with it.

GOOCHY

It's nuts. I'm well over trying to get why Nintendo does what it does. Apparently some people are willing to jump through hoops and entertain hidden costs as a price of admission into Nintendo software. I am not.

FX-GMC

It's nuts. I'm well over trying to get why Nintendo does what it does. Apparently some people are willing to jump through hoops and entertain hidden costs as a price of admission into Nintendo software. I am not.

Yeah, I know. I can totally buy a memory expansion for my non-portable consoles but I'll be damned if I buy a microSD card for the Switch. Nintendoomed.

GOOCHY

Yeah, I know. I can totally buy a memory expansion for my non-portable consoles but I'll be damned if I buy a microSD card for the Switch. Nintendoomed.

I know you're cute and all but to buy a MicroSD that is even a fraction of the standard storage space on Xbox One and PS4 costs as much as the entire system itself.

Oh, and let's stop the false comparison between mobile device storage and the Nintendo Switch. The Switch is a home console first.

FX-GMC

I know you're cute and all but to buy a MicroSD that is even a fraction of the standard storage space on Xbox One and PS4 costs as much as the entire system itself.

The Switch would certainly be a better portable if it was twice as thick and had the extra weight of a HDD inside. Nintendo should hire you on the spot.

Oh, and let's stop the false comparison between mobile device storage and the Nintendo Switch. The Switch is a home console first.

Oh hold up. We got the final authority right here guys. It's a home console first and foremost. Using a mobile chipset and being a completely mobile device notwithstanding. /s

goldenpp72

Something to keep in mind, if the average Switch game is 16 gigs or less vs the typical 30-50 gigs we get on PS4, the amount of difference in mileage isn't that big for those of us who buy physical and thus won't have to deal with the idiotic installs.

Zen Aku

Well, I don't "speak" for GAF. But I will say this.

Comparing mobile devices to a PS4 is not apples to apples. The PS4 is not 300 grams, portable, with a built in touch screen, & battery. The VITA is, therefore is an apt comparison, at least for the purposes of comparing product value in reference to other competing devices of similar functionality in the market. And its current price is relevant, not its 5 year old launch price, just like it is silly compare the price of a 3DO circa 1994 to an Xbox 1......or comparing an iPad gaming performance with a PS4 - and with the iPad you get 32gb at the $500 price point.
So the Switch isn't also a home console? the Switch market itself as both. So if it want to be both, then people are going to compare it to other home consoles and handheld. The Vita was badly criticized for it small storage space and proprietary memory cards. So you're telling me Nintendo didn't really learn from Sony mistake? People aren't asking for 256GB, they're willing to make do with a 64GB. Especially since someone else on here asked for a mobile tablet with 64GB for $300. I gave him one. If Breath of the Wild is about 13GB, people who buy games digitally going to burn through 2 titles like that immediately with a 32GB.

You're comparing 32Gb standard on mobile devices like smartphone and tablet where the average game install size is no more than 500mb, unless you go full KOTOR which might be 1GB. When you should be looking at how big digital games will be on the Switch. If each Switch game is about 10GB, then you can see how fast people will run out of memory on a 32GB.

Bamboo 竹;228495945 said:

The more you know.
People aren't happy with paying $100 just for an upgrade on storage. Apple products are expensive as it is. You pay $400 for 32GB, but you're also paying for much more functionality than a gaming system. You're paying Apple for their built quality, ecosystem on top of the hardware.

As someone with an Android phone for years now. I'll still buy an iPad over most Android tablets.

Ploid 3.0

This shit right here. You can buy an ipad pro for $600 that comes with.....32GB of storage and no option to expand it.

Just buy a damn microsd card and be done with it.

Ipads aren't mainly used to play large games. The average mobile game is probably smaller than one gig. ipads are also pretty powerful iirc (I only know much about android stuff, which are also great), beautiful screens, loads of features, can probably do most of what you need a PC to do. They are worth it. I'll look up a ipad pro to make sure, but I'm sure that thing should be pretty loaded.

Edit: I'm not even past the first few details, but 2048×1536 for the 9.7 inch screen model? hah

antibolo

Banned
The Switch is a home console first.

That's not how it works. Mobile hardware doesn't suddenly become not-mobile simply because you say so. You're obviously dead set on hating the Switch because it doesn't bend over the laws of physics and stuff.

That's not how it works. Mobile hardware doesn't suddenly become not-mobile simply because you say so. You're obviously dead set on hating the Switch because it doesn't bend over the laws of physics and stuff.
If Nintendo including a larger SD card in their console is bending the laws of physics, we need to rethink those laws.

Nintendo is advertising the Switch as both a mobile device and a home console. It's both.

I would be happy to bet the price of a Switch that they're making a goddamn killing off of each one sold.

Pandy

As I figured out for the other thread:
WiiU has been my primary console since it launched, and I will have used far more storage space than the vast majority of WiiU owners, excluding those that go digital-only and buy lots of big retail games.

I've used 181 GB of WiiU storage, and the 32 GB internal storage still has 16 GB free.

Even assuming an increase in average file sizes, a 256 GB card will be far more than enough for most people, and unless there is a rush of large download-only titles at launch there's plenty of time to wait for them to drop in price.

I mean...Nintendo says so. They said it's a home console first so what are we arguing here?

Secondly, why is the 2011 vita being brought up as a comparison to a 2017 console. One doesn't have a dock to compare to so what is this comparison???

GOOCHY

Actually, it is how it works. Nintendo themselves call it a home console. That they chose to use low powered mobile hardware for it is not the customers problem.

Two or so hours of battery life does not a portable make.

diaspora

I mean...Nintendo says so. They said it's a home console first so what are we arguing here?

Secondly, why is the 2011 vita being brought up as a comparison to a 2017 console. One doesn't have a dock to compare to so what is this comparison???

What they consider it to be is a bit useless. If they call it a book it doesn't become a book because they said so. It's as much a home console as the PSP with video-out in that it isn't. It's just a handheld.

Actually, it is how it works. Nintendo themselves call it a home console. That they chose to use low powered mobile hardware for it is not the customers problem.

Two or so hours of battery life does not a portable make.

So basically phones, laptops, the 3DS, or the Vita aren't portable gaming? How asinine. The switch has 2.5-6 hours of game time, the Vita has 3-5, phones have like 1.5-2.5 hours of gaming time, and the 3DS is like 3-5 hours.

r3ddvil

So the Switch isn't also a home console? the Switch market itself as both. So if it want to be both, then people are going to compare it to other home consoles and handheld. The Vita was badly criticized for it small storage space and proprietary memory cards. So you're telling me Nintendo didn't really learn from Sony mistake? People aren't asking for 256GB, they're willing to make do with a 64GB. Especially since someone else on here asked for a mobile tablet with 64GB for $300. I gave him one. If Breath of the Wild is about 13GB, people who buy games digitally going to burn through 2 titles like that immediately with a 32GB.

You're comparing 32Gb standard on mobile devices like smartphone and tablet where the average game install size is no more than 500mb, unless you go full KOTOR which might be 1GB. When you should be looking at how big digital games will be on the Switch. If each Switch game is about 10GB, then you can see how fast people will run out of memory on a 32GB.

People aren't happy with paying $100 just for an upgrade on storage. Apple products are expensive as it is. You pay $400 for 32GB, but you're also paying for much more functionality than a gaming system. You're paying Apple for their built quality, ecosystem on top of the hardware.

As someone with an Android phone for years now. I'll still buy an iPad over most Android tablets.

If anyone is planning on going all digital for the switch, an aftermarket storage solution would be required whether Nintendo provided 32 or 64. Its the difference of 3 games or 6 for AAA releases....or maybe even less in many cases.

Would 64gb really correct the all digital dilemma?

I went all digital on my WiiU, and 3DS, and as well have a pretty good sized steam library near 200 titles taking up an entire TB drive. So I'm a pretty big supporter of all digital libraries.

But I can't see how that is possible in the form factor of the Switch. If 256gb come down I will likely splurge but it's not like I wont be able to play the games without one. Unlike an iPad or other tablet, where internal storage and digital distribution is your only option, Switch games are still available at retail in small form factor cartridge.

It's not a deal breaker.

Zen Aku

What they consider it to be is a bit useless. If they call it a book it doesn't become a book because they said so. It's as much a home console as the PSP with video-out in that it isn't. It's just a handheld.

"Don't listen to what the company that makes the product say it is. Because it isn't."

"If they call it a book it doesn't become a book because they said so."
Obviously it's not a book, don't make dumb argument just for the sake of making one.

If anyone is planning on going all digital for the switch, an aftermarket storage solution would be required whether Nintendo provided 32 or 64. Its the difference of 3 games or 6 for AAA releases....or maybe even less in many cases.

Would 64gb really correct the all digital dilemma?

A difference of 3 or 6 games is a big different. People would be up in arms if the PS4 only give you 100GB of storage. With most PS4 games between 25-45GB that's like 2 games if you go with lets say Destiny and GTA V.

Relativity has to be taken into account here. If digital size of games on the Switch was around 2-3GB for a AAA game, very few people would be complaining about 32GB. But if BoW is 13GB, then its likely most other games would be around the same. That's about 2 games on your 32GB Switch.

So while 64GB won't solve all digital delimma, it certainly would help ease some of it.

So basically phones, laptops, the 3DS, or the Vita aren't portable gaming? How asinine. The switch has 2.5-6 hours of game time, the Vita has 3-5, phones have like 1.5-2.5 hours of gaming time, and the 3DS is like 3-5 hours.

I'm not going to fight personal definitions here but it's a home console that's portable....stop with the lame definitions. It's not a handheld , it isn't replacing the 3DS nor is it a direct successor so why even put this in your head? If you don't want to admit that it's not good enough to be a home console thus, why it's just a handheld , then say that...but let's not pretend that it wasn't made to do both....it's not one more than the other...ugh.

diaspora

"Don't listen to what the company that makes the product say it is. Because it isn't."

"If they call it a book it doesn't become a book because they said so."
Obviously it's not a book, don't make dumb argument just for the sake of making one.

Obviously it's not a home console- it like its handheld contemporaries is independently powered by its own battery and can be played on the go with batterylife comparable to other handheld devices. Having TV-out is something other devices like phones and handhelds like the PSP have as well.

I'm not going to fight personal definitions here but it's a home console that's portable....stop with the lame definitions. It's not a handheld , it isn't replacing the 3DS nor is it a direct successor so why even put this in your head? If you don't want to admit that it's not good enough to be a home console thus, why it's just a handheld , then say that...but let's not pretend that it wasn't made to do both....it's not one more than the other...ugh.

It's a handheld whether you or Nintendo like it or not. Whether it replaces the 3DS or not is fucking irrelevant.

You may not plan on buying digital games but patches are occasionally the size of the entire game. Meaning you could fill your included space in just two titles, hypothetically. Even if you go all physical you can't escape this.

It's a valid concern.

32GB is fine. they are going w "physical disks" concept just as they always have. their games are smaller. because they are Nintendo they get far more quality out of those smaller games than other companies do with more bloated software.

Mario Kart 8 had incredible high-performance graphics and would fit on a standard DVD. i dont see this being a flaw. if a game needs to be a really big game, it will just all be on that game card you buy. it wont be eating up your hard drive. this sounds like a good thing.

Top Bottom