• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Fallout 3 thread of post-apocalyptic proportions!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ICallItFutile said:
How long does the Stealth Boy last?

Hmm... At least as long as the drugs, maybe longer. It gives you quite a bit of time to loot everyone's pockets in plain sight.

Some images of the fight at GNR:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/hazaro22/Fallout3/Fallout32008-11-0906-28-25-29Large.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/hazaro22/Fallout3/Fallout32008-11-0906-29-32-98Large.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/hazaro22/Fallout3/Fallout32008-11-0906-29-34-28Large.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/hazaro22/Fallout3/Fallout32008-11-0906-29-39-39Large.jpg

Also at GNR Jericho picked up a flamer, which I thought was cool, but I wondered what would happen if I took it away from him. So I did and I saw nothing change, went out side and then... :lol

Fallout32008-11-0906-44-44-14Large.jpg

Fallout32008-11-0906-44-45-79Large.jpg

Fallout32008-11-0906-44-47-96Large.jpg

Fat Man and Flamer look alike when it was on his back :lol
I forgot I gave him that weapon to lug around.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
voltron said:
So the Railway Rifle that you make yourself is fuckn kick-ass!

that is all
yep it is, I like it too :)

Danne-Danger said:
Jericho was the same way for me, he took it out when he started fighting though.

Zeliard said:
I think she'll only use weapons you give her if their damage output is greater than whatever she's carrying. I use Jericho who by default has a Chinese Assault Rifle, which is one of the most powerful small guns in the game, and he's only used stuff like the minigun, rocket launcher and flame thrower out of long-range items I've given him.

Works the same way with armor, depending on the damage resistance.

Thanks, I gave her a bunch of hi-powered weapons and she didn't use any of them, it looks like she only uses the sword or shotgun, to bad I killed Jericho a while ago for calling me a sissy or something like that :(

lionelhutz

What's the easiest way to get to
Rivet City?
. I have a few metro stations I can use but I'm getting tired of the dead ends in the city and metro.

Tieno

So I have this brotherhood of steel girl following me, she's my first party member, and I'm not sure I want her. I gave her some good weapons but she doesn't seem to do that much and I'm annoyed she's using my precious ammo :( First fight with her I ran into an enclave party of 5 with a
deathclaw
. She got whacked. Reloaded and avoided that part of the map. then in the city I ran into a single enclave officer with a
caged deathclaw, killed the officer, set the deathclaw free who didn't seem to attack me...but then all of a sudden she starts attacking my deathclaw...couldn't even test if that deathclaw would be loyal and attack enemies. Going to disband that girl and then test the deathclaw.

impirius said:
I just beat the main quest as a saint, and the ending was a huuuuuuuuge cop-out.
I had Fawkes with me, and he could have easily dealt with the radiation, but he refused because he didn't want to interfere with my destiny. Uh, what?

I agree.
Hell this is the 2nd time i get one of those sacrifice your self for the greater good endings. The first being Fable 2.
I am really sick of this shit, the ending is extremely depressing and now i am glad to say that there are too many games coming out so i wont have to play fallout 3 again any time soon.

Justin

Lostconfused said:
I agree.
Hell this is the 2nd time i get one of those sacrifice your self for the greater good endings. The first being Fable 2.
I am really sick of this shit, the ending is extremely depressing and now i am glad to say that there are too many games coming out so i wont have to play fallout 3 again any time soon.

You probably shouldn't put spoilers for other games in here. I am only half way through the other game you mentioned and really didn't want to know how it ended.

Justin said:
You probably shouldn't put spoilers for other games in here. I am only half way through the other game you mentioned and really didn't want to know how it ended.

Well you get to choose your own ending and you know exactly what you are picking, its not a spoiler in any way.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
this just popped up on kotaku, so i thought i'd show you guys. i'm a huge fan of the music in fallout 3, and i plan on hunting down as many of these songs as possible:

fallout 3 song list

So this is where my true geekery comes out. Fallout 3 was released recently, which is the long-awaited sequel to — you guessed — Fallout and Fallout 2. It’s a sandbox RPG, and it’s a lot of fun.

The plot has you running around in a post-apocalyptic world, where there is one uncensored radio station, which most people tend to leave on all the time. The problem is that it seems only a few records from the 40’s survived the nuke, and the same songs are played over and over (and over and over). So they tend to get stuck in your brain.

Looking at forums, I noticed that no one has really compiled a list of songs and/or lyrics, so I collected them around the web and wrote some for the songs that I couldn’t find. Please note, I don’t have Mighty, Mighty Man by Roy Brown yet.

eXistor

beelzebozo said:
this just popped up on kotaku, so i thought i'd show you guys. i'm a huge fan of the music in fallout 3, and i plan on hunting down as many of these songs as possible:

fallout 3 song list
Yes I agree, I love the music in Fallout 3 as well and it made me want to check out the artists and I plan on buying a few cd's of these artists (I like The Ink Spots especially).

sennin

I finally found a post on gamefaqs that explains in depth on how followers' items work. Hopefully this will clear up the confusion regarding managing your followers' equipment. All credits to hitomi ownz me@gamefaqs.

I've tested this out and confirmed this with several other people, and here's how follower's items work:

- For their default gear, there is no ammo or durability, so they can continue to use those items forever.
- If you give them a better weapon than their default, they will use it only if it has ammo, and once it's used up, they will switch back to their default. Durability will be used up as well.
- If you give them any armor, they will only equip it if it is better than their default gear (for instance, Cross won't wear any regular Power Armor or Enclave Armor that you give her since she already has Power Armor, but she will wear a helmet since she has none). It will not lose durability, however.
- If you want to see if they are using the weapon, just ask to trade with them and you will see the square next to the item if they are using it.

Cross appears to have a normal laser pistol if you ask her to go ranged (rather than melee with her sledge), so you should check to see if she actually equipped the Smuggler's End one.

I tested this out by giving Cross fully repaired weapons such as a Xuanlong Assault Rifle, Flamer, and Minigun. If you don't have a fully repaired weapon, you can just check how much damage it does at the time you give the follower your weapon. Give them plenty of ammo and let them use it, and after a while check them again. You will see that the damage has gone down along with durability. I also did this with armor obviously, but the armor has never degraded no matter how much damage my follower took (this was also confirmed with several other posters on this board).

sado

Y'know, things break...
eXistor said:
Yes I agree, I love the music in Fallout 3 as well and it made me want to check out the artists and I plan on buying a few cd's of these artists (I like The Ink Spots especially).

Keep in mind the song quoted to be by "Bob Crosby" is not, it's by Bing Crosby.

TTG

I'm trying to get into Allistar's empty office at the Tennpenny towers, it requires a key. So I pickpocket Tennpenny and get a key, but it doesn't seem to work on that office? What is he hiding in there? I'm following the "shoot them in the head" side quest but don't want to kill the people that have the keys, instead I'm trying to get to the fort.

Any way or reason to break into that office?

Timber

He’s hackin’ and wackin’ and smackin’
He just hacks, wacks, choppin’ that meat

sado

Y'know, things break...
Timber said:
He just hacks, wacks, choppin’ that meat

Wish the zune store had that damn song, cant get it out of my head.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
36 hours in just fell through the floor for the first time, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't right in the middle of a corridor in Canterbury Tunnels, went fine when I replayed it as well.

On that subject
The superhero quest was fun, they both annoyed the shit out of me so the only fair thing to do was kill everyone, shame the little kid didn't seem to care I killed his hero though

Althane said:
The level cap was in the previous games.
That's not true is it? Fallout 2 (I think 1 did as well... or maybe that was capped. Don't think there are even enough quests to get that far. :p) went as high as you could get it (I think 99 was the limit, or 50), best perks are at level 24. Though it took a lot of effort to get to 24 in Fallout 2, which is not really the case in 3 where it maxes out way before you've seen everything.

There are already mods out that'll remove the cap though, and ones that improves the pacing (by giving you less exp).

slayn said:
possibly? I rob everyone. Its never caused a problem before in NPC behavior though. Why would robbing her cause her to stare at a wall?

That particular NPC, if you rob her store and talk to her afterward, she'll mention how she wants to find somewhere else to do business, and she leaves. I assume where she just sits in the corner is an AI or pathfinding glitch.

Zeliard

Anyone know of a convenient work bench (where you create weapons) when you don't have access to Moira's anymore? I've come across a few others, but don't remember exactly where.

Loudninja

Zeliard said:
Anyone know of a convenient work bench (where you create weapons) when you don't have access to Moira's anymore? I've come across a few others, but don't remember exactly where.

You can buy one for your house as well.

Loudninja

Zeliard said:
Oh yeah? Who is it that spruces your place up when you get your own room at Tenpenny's? A work bench there would be incredibly helpful.

Oh sorry don't know about that,I did not take that path ;)

Zeliard said:
This isn't quite conveniant, but out of the 3 places you were sent to look at for the Blood Ties quest if you've done it, there's one in one of the two wrong places (I dunno what its called, I think its so and so's hideaway).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zeliard said:

Power station (Around, maybe north) of minefield I think it is 09

iammeiam

Is it ever possible to free
Charon
? I'm playing a sickeningly good character, so I decided to part with some hard-earned caps to free him from his pathetic plight, only it seems like once you've
bought his contract, he's your slave and you can't do anything about it. I tried giving him his own contract, but the game won't let me; then I fired him, and he's just, like, "Oh, guess I'll hang around here then until you come back for me!" With all the constant harping on his devotion to whoever "holds his contract", and the sidequests where, as a good guy, you fight oppression and slavery and android slavery, it's weird that you can't free your very own slave.

Beat the main quest last night after about 40 hours with doing about 5 side quests. I will try and level up to 20 and finish most of the side quests from here. I finished the main quest at level 15 and I kinda regret some of the decisions I made with my perks and skill points. Lockpick at 100 is one of them, I haven't found a single lockpick in the past 20 hours of gameplay and I suck at opening one by force.

My guy is still a badass and I don't have any trouble with anyone. I'm also rich as fuck for robbing almost every vendor in the game :lol I'm approaching 10,000 caps in my pocket.

Ending Spoiler -
Is there only two endings? Sacrafice yourself or don't sacrafice yourself (pretty much the same ending)

I can't find where to put the virus in the purifier that the computer president gives you? Does that give you a third and final different ending? Also, I ended the main quest as a severe badass so i'm assuming the endings are a little different depending on how you ended the game karma wise? But not by much, right?

Korranator said:
Probably been asked already, but which version PC or 360?
There's pretty much no difference other than $10 cheaper on PC and obvious better peformance/loads/looks if you've got the rig for it (and honestly its not that demanding of a game).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MaritalWheat said:
There's pretty much no difference other than $10 cheaper on PC and obvious better peformance/loads/looks if you've got the rig for it (and honestly its not that demanding of a game).

Mods

Even without the modkit/pack thing people are coming up with awesome stuff and fixes :D

Zeliard

Hazaro said:
Power station (Around, maybe north) of minefield I think it is 09

MaritalWheat said:
This isn't quite conveniant, but out of the 3 places you were sent to look at for the Blood Ties quest if you've done it, there's one in one of the two wrong places (I dunno what its called, I think its so and so's hideaway).

I just found that place in my travels to unlock find some new areas to the north of Minefield (my map to the north and west is pretty barren so far). The building right next to it houses the Fisto!, too, which was a nice surprise. :) Anyone who's doing any melee at all should check it out.

The best solution to the work bench thing though was simply to have my room outfitted with one (ended up costing around 630 caps). Since I store most of my random junk in my room anyway, it just makes the whole weapon-creation process super easy.

I recently created the Shishkebab and gave it Jericho. Watching someone in Outcast Power Armor and Helmet (the red, rusted out version) wielding a fiery sword in combat is just an awesome sight. Like watching some twisted, post-apocalyptic version of a knight.

Hazaro said:
Mods

Even without the modkit/pack thing people are coming up with awesome stuff and fixes :D
Wow, I'm terrible to have forgotten that. I guess the vanilla game has impressed me so much though I wasn't even thinking of the mods that are to come. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MaritalWheat said:
Wow, I'm terrible to have forgotten that. I guess the vanilla game has impressed me so much though I wasn't even thinking of the mods that are to come. :D

You mean the ones that exsist right? :lol

-Smaller menu text + larger dialogue screens (aka. more than 3 options in conversations)
-Level cap removal
-Skills past 100
-Slower leveling
-500% rad increase, 10% faster walk, STR factors carry weight more
-Textured clothing
-Custom clothing
-Eye fix
-VATS corrections (Skill factors more than distance)
-Edited 3rd person camera
-Eyepatch!

Hazaro said:
You mean the ones that exsist right? :lol
You bastard, now you're just making me look like an asshole. Tell me more about the edited 3rd person plz.
PS: for the e-cred, I already knew about the level cap increases--I was just, uh, tired...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
*^ I'm not to sure on the 3rd person, I personally want my character to be on the right side of the screen. Left side just feels to weird.

Barter screens, it does use another font type, not sure what it is.
This should help loads because I carry so much crap around :lol

Before:
barter_menu_default.jpg

After:
barter_menu_darn.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hazaro said:
*^ I'm not to sure on the 3rd person, I personally want my character to be on the right side of the screen. Left side just feels to weird.

Barter screens, it does use another font type, not sure what it is.
This should help loads because I carry so much crap around :lol

Before:
[IM]http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/barter_menu_default.jpg[/IMG]
After:
[IM]http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/barter_menu_darn.jpg[/IMG]

I really don't like the fonts in the second screen. I know it's petty but it sort of cheapens the menus.

Top Bottom