• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy 12 (NA) Thread

Red Scarlet

Well, it wouldn't be the first time in this thread. But if he was a reviewer, then that means there's something to add to the first post sometime if he posts a review for his site. So clarification is cool.

Red Scarlet

It didn't give everything away about what was said, but it's still some big ending stuff that may annoy you quite a bit as you go through the game. Don't highlight it!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Amir0x said:
why would you highlight spoilers for the ending for any RPG, much less FFXII?
because I dont really care about the story...? if I would have I wouldnt have highlighted, fear not I wont spoil anything. in fact I dont even remember what he said.

Amir0x

Banned
even if you dont care about the story (and I've seen you asking questions like 'is the story any good' before, so I can't imagine that you have no taste for it) it's still something that's best to be surprised by (even if the story sucks, like it almost always does in RPGs)

duckroll

I have some pretty bad news. I browsed a few pages back on this thread and I've realized that the wait has been so long that locations names, places, their music themes, and possibly even descriptions and videos have been discussed. When there are no more surprises left in the game, and everything you play has already been seen, GAF will name another disappointment in their books! Sucks to be playing english RPGs! :lol

Red Scarlet

duckroll said:
I have some pretty bad news. I browsed a few pages back on this thread and I've realized that the wait has been so long that locations names, places, their music themes, and possibly even descriptions and videos have been discussed. When there are no more surprises left in the game, and everything you play has already been seen, GAF will name another disappointment in their books! Sucks to be playing english RPGs! :lol

The bulk of the game, what's going on, and stuff like that hasn't been really discussed at all. Reading every post in this thread would not give you a big idea about the game at all. The spoiler tagged stuff is rather minute and would go over people's heads that haven't played it for the most part, as well.

zankara

I have been following this game from day one. The only thing I really know is how the battle system works and the main playable characters. I pretty much have no idea about the story.

I can't wait to play it...except for the fact I live in PAL land. :(

We haven't even got the demo over here yet. You think they could of packaged it with Kingdom Hearts 2 since it just came out.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oh yea, it's a review copy. I'm no pirate! X_X !

This game is up there with my favorite RPGs this generation. Dragon Quest VIII is still my favorite though... but it's hard to compare DQ and FF they're so different. :)

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Ok, if you are doing a review, I'll gladly link it in the first post.
If my comment was out of line, I'll request a ban.

hahaha. that is so weird the way you say that. It's like, uhr, the way one of those subservient japanese chicks is like "IF I DID WRONG BY YOU, PLEASE PUNISH ME IF I'VE BEEN A BAD GIRL. YES, SLAP ME."

you weren't out of line, Scarlet, don't worry :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Red Scarlet said:
Well, I was asking him. If I did wrong, I'll own up to it. If not, then everything's cool.

Everything is cool!

:)

*waits for leatherbound strat guide preorder to come in*

I just hope I don't agree with those that say (mild spoiler)
that the story falls apart near the end and that there's very little emotion
. Other than that I should be a happy camper.

Eiji

Time Consumer said:
Since the game supports 480i, does that mean we will have to do anything special on boot up, like with holding Triangle and X?

You have to plug in the Wii controller and whistle the Zelda tune, only then will the game load.

:lol I'm ending that particular discussion right here and now.

I've been playing some of the older FF's that I've missed over the years to pass some time. I'm almost at the end of the Dawn of Souls version of Final Fantasy, which I'll have beat in... well actually another hour or two. It's really good... I mean honestly it's far better than I thought it'd be. I just hope Final Fantasy II offers the same kind of experience, which I'll start on next.

EB better ship mine quick. I ordered the special edition and I want it NOW!! Judging by the japanese reviews thus far this will be goty and the best thing out this christmas. Can't wait.

Simo

Kodiak said:
Holy shit guys, wrap your heads around this: eleven days.

It will be in stores a week from wendsday.

It should be in stores.....
next Wednesday. All EB/GameStop stores are receiving it a week in advance, which of course isn't unheard of considering the likes of other big titles like Halo 2 and GTA San Andreas were in stock a week prior to street date.

FFXII should be on shelves Tuesday, the 31st. :)

BTW I have a question about the JPN version, namely a scene that appeared in one of the trailers featuring....
Penelo captured and being confronted by a group of Seeqs

...was cut from the game along with the CG scene of her dancing with the veil that was also present in some of the trailers. Is this true...?

I'm expecting it on Tuesday... my Gamestop mentioned they may have a midnight sale for it, but I wouldn't be able to go the next day anyway.

Sallokin

I wonder since I have the game paid off if I can convince one of the GS employees to hook me up with my copy early if they do in fact get them early. Technically I'd consider that a douchebag move, but this is FFXII we're talking about and I'd glady compromise my morals and values for it, and would expect others to do the same :D

duckroll

Simo said:
BTW I have a question about the JPN version, namely a scene that appeared in one of the trailers featuring....

...was cut from the game along with the CG scene of her dancing with the veil that was also present in some of the trailers. Is this true...?

Whether it's true or not depends on whether that footage actually exists in the US game. There are several scenes from the trailers that eventually turned out to be trailer exclusive footage and weren't anywhere in the JP game.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Simo said:

That scene is in the US version of the game. Not sure about the CG dancing cutscene, though.

Simo

duckroll said:
Whether it's true or not depends on whether that footage actually exists in the US game. There are several scenes from the trailers that eventually turned out to be trailer exclusive footage and weren't anywhere in the JP game.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. :)

BTW I hope some of you are saving some of that Matsuno fund for these bad boys...:D
fny1424resizecf8.jpg

fny1430resizecp2.jpg

fny1437resizefl3.jpg

fny1441resizezj7.jpg

Some more photos HERE including Vaan and Balthier. They'll be released in Japan sometime in February 2007 and should come across to the US around a month later.

bluemax

Banned
Only 4 characters? And
You don't get the main villain!

Oh well, Balthier figure will be mine because he's the coolest FF hero ever!

What sword is that that Ashe has? I don't recall.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
New issue of PLAY gives FFXII 10/10.

(PLAY has only given four perfect scores)

Ugh. Anywhere that gives this a 10 is wrong, wrong wrong.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Ikse said:
So does FFXII have any optional bosses comparable to the likes of Omega (FF8) , Ozma or Nemesis etc?
FFXII has a whole sidequest system about hunting optional challenging bosses (there's about 40 of them in the game), and you can start hunting them since the first hours. (Although of course, many of the hard optional bosses at the beginning become easy later on)

KTallguy

Banned
bluemax said:
Ugh. Anywhere that gives this a 10 is wrong, wrong wrong.

You'll give it a 10 if you don't play through the game the entire way. The first 10-15 hours are 10+ quality for me. I say overall it gets an 9 for gameplay, 8 for story.

Top Bottom