• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy 12 (NA) Thread

bluemax

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
It could be the sword
you get at Raithwall's Tomb..the omgheavy one.
I don't remember what that looked like, though.

Oh yeah. That sword was worthless. Story swords should'nt be completely worthless.

Fady K

I pity the fool who would wait for an FFXII price drop, not that it wont happen, but id put my 50 bucks down without second thought for such a mighty game :D

Simo said:
Well a similiar thing happened with the FFX soundtrack where a single CD was released as more of a "Best Selection" kind of deal that had only 17 tracks. I'm not really sure why SE does this, could be because of the different labels given Aniplex published the 4CD set in Japan or maybe they think a 4CD videogame soundtrack for $40 or more might not fly off shelves? Who knows.

Incidentally the Tofu Records FFXII OST is available now that features the following tracks:
I got that for free a few weeks ago. I assumed they were gonna release a 4-disc version. You're saying they won't?

Simo

Verboten said:
I got that for free a few weeks ago. I assumed they were gonna release a 4-disc version. You're saying they won't?

I don't think so as they've never released a full 4CD OST stateside before but you can order the import from the likes of Amazon.com, it'll just cost you over $55 is all.

A reservation isn't required to receive the Collector's Edition, right?
So I can pick it up at launch?

Pretty sure it is because they just ended all preorders for the regular and CE due to increased demand so there may not be any CE left after preorders are fulfilled.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You know who Balthier sounds like? He sounds like Hugo Weaving from V for Vendetta, in a more cynic/joker tone.

Darn I'm wishing this game came out earlier now. There's the entire year, and my two most anticipated games, WoW Burning Crusade (beta) and Final Fantasy XII, have to become playable within the same two weeks. Maybe the beta will have a 2-3 week lull though - they often do near the end - so I'll get in FF12 then hopefully.

I can't wait. Balthier rocks.

bluemax said:
Promotional posters:
balthier1.jpg

You know you want them!

look! the poster's on his bed! HAHAHAHA

Sallokin

So I just got confirmation that my Limited Edition Guide is shipping today. Anyone gotten theirs a little early or have any impressions on how well put together the guide is, or how good/bad the extras are?

bluemax

Banned
Barry Lightning said:
look! the poster's on his bed! HAHAHAHA

Yes that's my bed. I'm not completely sure what's so humorous about a standard issue college bed. But ok. I set the poster on the bed to take the picture because I didn't have anything to hang it on the wall with at the time.

gamergirly said:
He's cute :D

Well thanks! Oh wait, you meant Balthier. Nuts.

speedpop said:
If I was gay, he would be a virgin no more.

This isn't the first time in my life I've been told this, erm wait, the poster again.

So I got my pre order from the gamestop at union square and they are doing a midnight release on monday night/tuesday morning.
The bad part is that they are apparently doing a costume contest....
I can't stand cos players even on the eve of halloween, I don't know how I'm going to manage not breaking someone's neck.

HolyStar

Banned
Alright from what I've heard from the comments on Gamefaqs. The story is like FFT, Vagrant Story and the Ogre Battle series. This will probaly be my favorite RPG ever. Forgive me for ever doubting you Matsuno.

HolyStar said:
Alright from what I've heard from the comments on Gamefaqs. The story is like FFT, Vagrant Story and the Ogre Battle series. This will probaly be my favorite RPG ever. Forgive me for ever doubting you Matsuno.

A plot like Vagrant Story won't disappoint me at least.

HolyStar said:

The story is like LOTR, Star Wars and FFT mixed together and improved to the max. I can't describe it with existing words.

Simo

Sallokin said:
So I just got confirmation that my Limited Edition Guide is shipping today. Anyone gotten theirs a little early or have any impressions on how well put together the guide is, or how good/bad the extras are?

Nope but the guide does come with a 90-100 page artbook so I'm really curious how that is but is the release just for online orders or are they in-stores now too?

MegaTen said:
Hmm.. Gamestop just charged me for my preorder. On my online bank statement, though it says the charge is from 10/23 (wtf?) Is this game shipping early?

Just wondering if there's an update to this or if anyone else has received the same thing?

Aeon712

I want one of those promo posters :(, wish Bestbuy was treated like EB so I'd get cool gaming posters instead of taking the one's from Junk Out strat guides.

Vaandaviii said:
The story is like LOTR, Star Wars and FFT mixed together and improved to the max. I can't describe it with existing words.

So yeah, people are saying the story
falls apart near the end
so... it's refreshing to hear this.

Sallokin

Simo said:
Nope but the guide does come with a 90-100 page artbook so I'm really curious how that is but is the release just for online orders or are they in-stores now too?

Just wondering if there's an update to this or if anyone else has received the same thing?

I called customer service because I noticed the same thing and they said that it's not really a charge yet, it's a hold. So basically they got in touch with you bank to make sure you had the money and it's in a holding state and will be officially charged when the game ships. They're doing it early he said because there are so many orders to ship out.

brandonh83 said:
So yeah, people are saying the story
falls apart near the end
so... it's refreshing to hear this.

Every RPG impression we get from people playing the Japanese version of the game says this. I wouldn't put much stock into story evaluations one way or the other. It's about the least important part of the game anyway.

Vaandaviii said:
Much like the cosmos... much like the cosmos.
I hope.

Alts

I posted earlier that I had no intentions of getting the LE edition, but now I am considering dropping ~$100 on this game (LE and the Strategy Guide [I need that art book]).

For those getting the Strategy Guide. Is it online only, or can I get it at an actual store?

keanerie

Matsuno's stories have never failed to deliver for me (Vagrant Story's is one of the best told stories in videogames) and well, if it falls apart at the end, at least everything else will be good.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ONLY 8 MORE DAYS.

Sallokin

Alts said:
I posted earlier that I had no intentions of getting the LE edition, but now I am considering dropping ~$100 on this game (LE and the Strategy Guide [I need that art book]).

For those getting the Strategy Guide. Is it online only, or can I get it at an actual store?

Pretty sure you can get it in store, I remember seeing it in the preorder system when I worked at gamestop.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
It's about the least important part of the game anyway.

Well, not to me... the story is one of the biggest draws the FF series has to me. One of, mind you. But I still want a great story, especially after all this time they've worked on it.

Top Bottom