• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy IV DS Thread

TommyT

Is there a translation out for the game that anyone knows of? I mean I know enough to get by when it comes to menus and what not... but as far as what they're actually saying I'd be up shit creek.

on one of the screen shot in the first post, i saw Rydia and Rosa doing a spell together, how do you do that.

currently playing this game and i am in the Underground level looking for the
dark crystals

man this game is very
cute and fun
to play.

definitely pick up FFIII once i finish this.

Red Scarlet

I started an off-and-on replay of the game using some of the decant things (which make the game really easy it seems), and since other people are done, I was wondering if anyone knows what the last 3? monsters are on the monster list below Zeromus? I got every monster except those my first play and am wondering what they are and if anyone knows how to bump into them?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Red Scarlet said:
I started an off-and-on replay of the game using some of the decant things (which make the game really easy it seems), and since other people are done, I was wondering if anyone knows what the last 3? monsters are on the monster list below Zeromus? I got every monster except those my first play and am wondering what they are and if anyone knows how to bump into them?

New optional monsters Thumbingway, Geryon, and Proto Babil.

And I'm lazy so I'll just link to GameFAQs :p http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/939425/51200

Red Scarlet

That first one sounds annoying, and the strategies there aren't very good, for the regular bosses and especially the bonus ones. I'm not getting multiple rare drop equipment and being level 99 to beat all 3 of them. That's MMO-time there, when getting through the game takes 15 hours or less, and getting just one rare drop may take that long. Oh well, I was more curious as to if there is a reward for completing it but it's looking like I won't be anytime soon at all.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Somebody decided to foolishly ignore the recently-created NA official thread and bump this one, the much older JP thread.

The endboss/dungeon was probably the hardest I've every played in a Final Fantasy game. Finished it with my characters at levels around 90~95 and still had trouble. I am teh suck. I'd really dig it if they make VI like this.

panda21

are they bringing V and VI to ds as well then? i didnt even know IV was out here until i found it by accident the other day.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Nothing's announced.
After IV, Matrix had been involved in other projects (Nostalgia, Avalon Code) but those are basically done now. I wonder what they're up to in the mean time...

Verboten said:
The endboss/dungeon was probably the hardest I've every played in a Final Fantasy game. Finished it with my characters at levels around 90~95 and still had trouble. I am teh suck. I'd really dig it if they make VI like this.

Yeah, the Lunar Subterrane was really brutal, I had been going through the game pretty comfortably mostly using just regular attacks but I got destroyed in there at level 70. Once I started playing more tactically it became more manageable. The key thing for me was realising that most enemies were vulnerable to status ailments like stop. The bless augment was very useful for recharging MP there too.

It really sucks that you have to play through a second time to fight the extra bosses.

Christine

WORLDWIDEWII said:
on one of the screen shot in the first post, i saw Rydia and Rosa doing a spell together, how do you do that.

It's the twincast augment. It's not missable, just talk to the
Mysidian elder in the crystal room any time after beating Cagnazzo
- He'll give you two copies, each caster needs to have one equipped. It's not terribly useful, however.

Christine

Well, it was tedious as all fucking hell, but I got a full set of Onion and Adamant armor. Going to -finally- start my second playthrough.

GriffD17

Time to bump this super old thread. Had the game for over a year, in the lunar subterrane. So unforgiving, and I'm mid 70's for most of my characters. Most guides I've read indicate mid 60's is recommended. I need to finish this because it just sits there at the back of my mind, that I'm right there and can forget about, but man oh man.

Aru

GriffD17 said:
Time to bump this super old thread. Had the game for over a year, in the lunar subterrane. So unforgiving, and I'm mid 70's for most of my characters. Most guides I've read indicate mid 60's is recommended. I need to finish this because it just sits there at the back of my mind, that I'm right there and can forget about, but man oh man.

Wait until you see how f*cking hard the last boss is :lol

Tabris

Ugh. Farming for a Rainbow Pudding is sooo horrible. I even have treasure hunter. I need this then I can beat the game.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Omg.... Doing fine through out the whole game, and then final dungeon slams into me like a brick wall :( I knew the good times were over after the Bahamut battle.

Currently in High 40's Low 50's

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
So Rydia + Stardust Rod + Item Lore + Limit Break =

CA6DA871C47D392EE42915B47F9D2F69B5A0A785

FE5E63449426CB0C380DC205B3B349689AD9DB97

Hacked one on my second play thru. God dam!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wat

wat

wat

this thread even got added on @NeoGAFNewThread

Top Bottom