• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy IV DS Thread

Red Scarlet

Error said:
lol

good luck.

I've done difficult stuff before!

Bebpo said:
-Enemies seem to counter near 100% of the time when you hit them.
-No golden hairpin.
-Only shops before the boss are item shops and an inn. Cecil has flame mail, flame shield, mithril helm and ruby ring. Kain is all mithril equipment. Rosa is priest robe and triangle hat and Yang is feather hat and some armor called kenbougi.

The weapon and armor shops should be to the right of where you enter, but I think a dwarf is blocking the stairs until after the boss. Could have a better glove for Cecil. Gold Hairpin is at Rydia's town, Yang could equip a glove-type weapon but I'm guessing you're stuck down there now. It's not kenpougi?

ethelred

ccbfan said:
This is one statement that people say a lot that I never understood. Can someone please explain to me how the Materia system is any thing remotely close to the esper system.

Prior to Final Fantasy VI, each game in the series had primarily gone the route of delineating all customization options into mostly rigid job structures: that's what was done in I, III, and V. IV and II were a bit different. IV had all abilities fixed (no customization at all), while II was... well, II.

VI introduced the esper system which allowed a massively increased level of character customization. While each character had a fixed command ability, they were primarily defined by whatever you chose to do with the espers, and those allowed for much more flexibility in altering character parameters, in being able to give any spell in the game to every character, and so on. I think it's pretty hard to ignore that VII's materia system was an evolution of this approach. It did the same thing as espers, but took it a bit further by adding more elements to the freeform customization (tossing in command abilities, for instance). Same execution, just carried a bit further.

ccbfan said:
4. Does nothing for the user level ups when equiped.

Maybe not, but materia was used to alter character stats, which evened out to be much the same thing. Whether you're using an esper to make sure you get a +10% boost to HP upon each level up or a piece of materia that gives a fixed 10% boost to HP at all times, you're still operating under the same general concept.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dunno scar, the game seems to be f'n hard and to think it was 'balanced' with the decant system in mind.

:p you are pretty crazy tho, so I guess I shouldnt expect any less.

Red Scarlet

This was supposed to be really, really hard, and I managed:
thief.JPG

AFAIK, I was the first person that did them all.

Red Scarlet

The only "crazy" thing I've tried and haven't succeeded yet in was a solo game in DQ5 on PS2...last boss destroys me and I don't feel like farming some defense seeds and stuff.

I beat the last boss on FF3 DS and BoF the wrong ways, and I got through those somehow. I may not win, but I will give it a good try.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
well cool...

I just dont want to see you post "well this game sucks because I cant play it without the decant abilities. the original shits all over this" just because what you tried to do didnt work :p

Red Scarlet

Looking at what can be done in all the other games in the series, I don't see any reason why this can't be done without decants.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Heh, yeah, FFIV DS is harder for sure, but skipping decants shouldn't be that hard for Scarlet compared to a lot of the other stuff she's done.

Think I'll try going without 'em the next time around.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, got ridiculously lucky on the doll fight. Yang's kick left 3 of them alive so I just mashed attack with everyone and got attacks killing all 3 before they could merge.

The next fight was much easier this time around when I knew what the hell I was doing. I did a pheonix down -> high potion combo to revive some party members so I'd have more healers. Then I had cecil do libra while rosa does curera and rydia summons. Tried having kain jump but it healed the boss so I just avoided all physical attacks from that point on.

The summons looked really cool! Almost FF7-9 level.

Lost Fragment said:
Heh, yeah, FFIV DS is harder for sure, but skipping decants shouldn't be that hard for Scarlet compared to a lot of the other stuff she's done.

Think I'll try going without 'em the next time around.

How do you even get these decants? I didn't have any until after the fight and then it gave me one that I'd never even heard of.

Red Scarlet

Bebpo said:
Ok, got ridiculously lucky on the doll fight. Yang's kick left 3 of them alive so I just mashed attack with everyone and got attacks killing all 3 before they could merge.

The next fight was much easier this time around when I knew what the hell I was doing. I did a pheonix down -> high potion combo to revive some party members so I'd have more healers. Then I had cecil do libra while rosa does curera and rydia summons. Tried having kain jump but it healed the boss so I just avoided all physical attacks from that point on.

The summons looked really cool! Almost FF7-9 level.

If jump healed the boss, then what weapon did you have? I'd imagine whatever it was (Fire Sword maybe) was what would heal him.

Does the Blood Lance/Sword work okay in this one? You could've had the spear by now too Bebpo, but it may not work so well anymore. Do the Blood weapons work well on Ogres/giant robots still?

I'm not on the up-and-up with the game, but I thought you got decants by finding them in-game and giving them to people that leave the party, then you get newer/upgraded ones at a later time?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Red Scarlet said:
I'm not on the up-and-up with the game, but I thought you got decants by finding them in-game and giving them to people that leave the party, then you get newer/upgraded ones at a later time?

Right. And the more you give to temporary party members, the better decants you'll get later on. Giving
FuSoYa 2 decants gets you Target-All (which lets you use any spell on all party members/enemies), for example.

How do you even get these decants? I didn't have any until after the fight and then it gave me one that I'd never even heard of.

Some are unskippable, so you should already have 2 or 3.

Aeana

Bebpo said:

When a character leaves the group, they leave behind abilities. The number of abilities they learn depends on the number of abilities you taught them while they were with you.

There are also some abilities you can get that aren't from party members (like curse from Scarmiglione, tsunami from Cagnazzo, etc.)

Sometimes you have to go a little out of your way to find them, though (like to get the twins', you have to go all the way to the top of the tower in Mysidia and talk to the elder there).

Bebpo

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
If jump healed the boss, then what weapon did you have? I'd imagine whatever it was (Fire Sword maybe) was what would heal him.

Does the Blood Lance/Sword work okay in this one? You could've had the spear by now too Bebpo, but it may not work so well anymore. Do the Blood weapons work well on Ogres/giant robots still?

You're right. Looks like he had a wind spear on.

Aeana said:
When a character leaves the group, they leave behind abilities. The number of abilities they learn depends on the number of abilities you taught them while they were with you.

There are also some abilities you can get that aren't from party members (like curse from Scarmiglione, tsunami from Cagnazzo, etc.)

Sometimes you have to go a little out of your way to find them, though (like to get the twins', you have to go all the way to the top of the tower in Mysidia and talk to the elder there).

For decant abilities, I'm very confused. The game just told me I got a DA after the fight but I go to abilities and when I try to add one to any character all it lets me add are shortcuts to items like potion.

How do you teach people abilities? I'm just playing this game like FF1. Walk forward and beat up enemies with each characters set abilities and buy whatever is at the next shop. I didn't know there were more systems than that.

Red Scarlet

To those past the Sealed Cave, can Dimension99 still be reflected?

Maybe decants are in your item inventory? Like dropped summons?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
For decant abilities, I'm very confused. The game just told me I got a DA after the fight but I go to abilities and when I try to add one to any character all it lets me add are shortcuts to items like potion.

They're in the quest items menu.

To those past the Sealed Cave, can Dimension99 still be reflected?

Yeah.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
You're right. Looks like he had a wind spear on.

How do you teach people abilities?

They're key items originally. Use them from the key item screen to teach them to someone.

ccbfan

ethelred said:
Prior to Final Fantasy VI, each game in the series had primarily gone the route of delineating all customization options into mostly rigid job structures: that's what was done in I, III, and V. IV and II were a bit different. IV had all abilities fixed (no customization at all), while II was... well, II.

VI introduced the esper system which allowed a massively increased level of character customization. While each character had a fixed command ability, they were primarily defined by whatever you chose to do with the espers, and those allowed for much more flexibility in altering character parameters, in being able to give any spell in the game to every character, and so on. I think it's pretty hard to ignore that VII's materia system was an evolution of this approach. It did the same thing as espers, but took it a bit further by adding more elements to the freeform customization (tossing in command abilities, for instance). Same execution, just carried a bit further.

Maybe not, but materia was used to alter character stats, which evened out to be much the same thing. Whether you're using an esper to make sure you get a +10% boost to HP upon each level up or a piece of materia that gives a fixed 10% boost to HP at all times, you're still operating under the same general concept.

Its seems that the only similarity you're mentioning is freeform customization which appeared way before FF6.

Also FF6 has a job structure too.

Many of the characters are mixture of FF5 classes. Except in FF6 they're static.

I mean one can say FF6 esper system is nothing more than a downgraded FF5 class system. In FF5 you had the ability to customized both abilities and spells while in FF6 you can only do it with magic. Plus you have to learn many of the abilities in FF5 which makes it even more similar to FF6 considering FF7 you don't ever learn anything from materia. Its pure equipment in FF7.

Heck with your vague link of the materia and esper system then pretty much half of all rpgs are evolutions of the esper system.

Bebpo

Banned
Ah, ok I see them now, thanks. I have like 4.

What does hikikkeru do? Also if you give someone auto-potion does it use up their turn to use a potion?

Red Scarlet

In the Japanese FF6, characters had a class title in the menu screen.

If Auto Potion works like it does in I think all the other FF games with it, it should be an automatic reaction ability after receiving damage and doesn't use the character's turn.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
Ah, ok I see them now, thanks. I have like 4.

What does hikikkeru do? Also if you give someone auto-potion does it use up their turn to use a potion?

ひきつける makes all enemies attack that person. It's actually really cool if you give it and the long range ability to a character and put them in the back row. Auto potion automatically uses a potion every time the character is damaged (even if it's for 1), and no it doesn't take up a turn.

ethelred

ccbfan said:
Its seems that the only similarity you're mentioning is freeform customization which appeared way before FF6.

No, not particularly. As I said, I, III, and V all used a rigid job system. IV had each character completely fixed. II was pretty unique within the context of the series, and its systems don't at all align with anything done in any of the other games, not even esper/materia/junction. Each of those is about allocating something to each character and using that to customize them or, if you like, make them all identical. There just really isn't anything else in the series like FFII's "take a lot of damage to increase HP."

In both the esper and materia systems, you acquire items that allow you to give any ability to any character and to impact their stat growth. Take the items and change them around, do whatever you want with them. As I said, I think it's a clear break from the earlier games. VII took what VI did and expanded that, that's all.

ccbfan said:
Also FF6 has a job structure too.

Each character had an assigned class, yes, but as I said, the only real role that played was in their fixed command abilities. Equipment, too, to an extent, but even that was pretty damned flexible in the game (there weren't a ton of differences there between Edgar/Terra/Celes/Cyan). The classes in FFVI didn't play any role in the character development/customization -- that was all espers. In prior Final Fantasy games, the job system was the vehicle for customization and developing your characters, but VI went a totally different path.

ccbfan said:
Many of the characters are mixture of FF5 classes. Except in FF6 they're static.

I guess. Not really my point.

ccbfan said:
I mean one can say FF6 esper system is nothing more than a downgraded FF5 class system. In FF5 you had the ability to customized both abilities and spells while in FF6 you can only do it with magic. Plus you have to learn many of the abilities in FF5 which makes it even more similar to FF6 considering FF7 you don't ever learn anything from materia. Its pure equipment in FF7.

You don't think the whole "teach every character every spell/ability" method is kinda the same across both games? That's not what V was like at all. In V, you pick a job, you work within the confines of that job, you strengthen it -- maybe switch around to a different one and pick one specific support ability from an earlier job, if you choose. I see a lot more philosophical similarities in what VI and VII did than anything in V, which was a clear evolution of the job system in I and III.

Right, in VII you don't actually learn, and you can switch everything around. But that's what I'm talking about when I say it expanded what VI did. It went even further. But VI was still totally different than V.

ccbfan said:
Heck with your vague link of the materia and esper system then pretty much half of all rpgs are evolutions of the esper system.

If you like. Sure. I'm only talking within the context of the Final Fantasy series. Within that context, materia is a pretty freaking obvious continuation of what the esper system introduced, and espers were a real break from what had been done in the series in the past (one of the reasons why IX was considered so retro in reintroducing the job system).

ccbfan

Red Scarlet said:
The only "crazy" thing I've tried and haven't succeeded yet in was a solo game in DQ5 on PS2...last boss destroys me and I don't feel like farming some defense seeds and stuff.

I beat the last boss on FF3 DS and BoF the wrong ways, and I got through those somehow. I may not win, but I will give it a good try.

You should try the Calculator SCC in FFT and the White Mage solo SCC in FF5.

Those two are probably two of the craziest things I've ever seen people do in Final Fantasies.

Or you can do something never done before and try a solo Calculator SCC.

Oh for those wondering why a Calculator SCC is hard, you can't use any magic since no magic is learn by the calculator class.

Red Scarlet

While I like both of those games, I've never really had an inkling to try any weird stuff in either one. How would you get a solo Calculator going? Build up the required job levels to reach it in random battles before going anywhere up to Calculator?

LowParry

Having some slight trouble with the cave troll guy within the cave. Doesn't fall the old trick with the 1 HP spell with the follow up melee kill now. Tricky bastared. Had to look up to see what was what for protect and shell so getting a better handle on my tactics. First boss I'm having real issues with. Even spent time to get two levels going. I have a few ideas in mind so will try them later on.

CcrooK said:
Having some slight trouble with the cave troll guy within the cave. Doesn't fall the old trick with the 1 HP spell with the follow up melee kill now. Tricky bastared. Had to look up to see what was what for protect and shell so getting a better handle on my tactics. First boss I'm having real issues with. Even spent time to get two levels going. I have a few ideas in mind so will try them later on.

Tornado you mean? Bummer. Anyways, I like filling my bestiary.

Man, I am up against a wall.

I'm right at the beginning of the Giant of Bab-il and the enemies just cream me before I can even reach an effing save point. I haven't used many of the decant items because they didn't look like they did anything worthwhile, except Counter. How exactly do they help and what can I do?

Everybody's at like level 50+. I think Cecil's nearly level 60.

ccbfan

Red Scarlet said:
While I like both of those games, I've never really had an inkling to try any weird stuff in either one. How would you get a solo Calculator going? Build up the required job levels to reach it in random battles before going anywhere up to Calculator?

The challenge starts at Dorter.

Here's the rules that people generally go by

1.) Party may consist only of Ramza and guests. Ramza must attain Job Class
before Dorter Trade City, and remain in that class.

2.) Ramza can not use any other abilities of any other class at all. Any
Support, Movement, and Reaction skills must come from his own Job Class.

3.) Special Characters are not allowed, as their enhanced growth can dilute
the challenge. Generic Characters are not allowed as their stunted growth can
dilute the challenge. All generics must and recruited characters must be
immediately stripped and booted. Especially Rafa (but then again she's gotten
the ol' strip and boot before am I right?).

4.) High leveling up is not allowed either. The following Level Caps have
been set as maximums for all job classes:
-Chapter 1: 20
-Chapter 2: 35
-Chapter 3: 50
-Chapter 4: 70 - Before Murond Death City

A few notes:
-Breaking the level cap is to exceed the value before the chapter is over.
For instance getting to level 20 in Chapter 1 isn't breaking the cap, getting
to level 21 is.
-The accepted practice is that you may exceed level 70 at any time in the
final Underground Basement series. Many classes choose to level up at
Underground Basement 4. That does not mean however that you can break the
Chapter 3 level cap at Riovanes.

5.) Again, you may not use Gained JP Up, Secret Hunt, Move-Find Item, etc.
unless your character naturally has it in their class. This is the same as
rule 2.), but I need to state it twice because this is the most common
mistake.

6.) Guest Characters can become whatever you wish. A strong Algus and Delita
are pretty much required to beat early battles for many
classes. Guest Characters may be stripped of their equipment (see 'III
General Strategies' for more info).

7.) Monsters can NOT be recruited. If a Human is recruited through
Invite, he may be stripped of equipment and then kicked out. Any Special
Character can also be stripped and then removed.

8.) You may not Dupe Weapons or use the Level Up/Down cheat. Neither of these
is technically possible if you stick to the challenge, but it should be said
anyway. [Thanks to Cyrus Viruz for pointing this out]

9.) At no time may Ramza or any other character change the Brave or Faith of
any character unless this ability comes from the selected Job Class (in other
words, only Mediator).

10.) You may not rise over the level cap to get better weapons from
boxilized enemies and then level down to finish under the cap. Shame on you
if you say you didn't but really did. You're going to hell, liar.

It has become accepted though to level down mid chapter if you're approaching
a the level cap. You still are technically not allowed to break the cap.

ITA84

I'm taking on the final dungeon right now, and I must say it's blindingly hard! I'm around level 59 (and barely have any DA equipped) and I have to flee from most battles. Elemental attacks against all my party are the biggest offenders (I didn't remember that the Flame attack of the giant robot could do so much damage). And why doesn't Tornado work against Gold Dragons?! Still managed to get the Murasame and some other equipment.

The long cutscene just before this dungeon was very nice, and I'm glad they cut short the warping scene to enter the final dungeon (seeing as I'll be going in and out of it pretty often).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kobun Heat said:

I'm right at the beginning of the Giant of Bab-il and the enemies just cream me before I can even reach an effing save point. I haven't used many of the decant items because they didn't look like they did anything worthwhile, except Counter. How exactly do they help and what can I do?

For decants, check http://ff4.wikidot.com/. They have a pretty good listing of all the decants and what they do.

I found Stop to be pretty useful in the Giant of Babil. 'course I had Fast Cast on Rydia, so I don't know how long it takes to cast without it.

Kobun Heat said:

I haven't been keeping track of the impressions for this game but if this is any indication I am so screwed.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm screwed at the next boss. It seems so easy, heal the boss with everyone and have rydia cast all party attack spells to heal when under reverse.

But for some reason when the boss casts heal during reverse the damage it inflicts KEEPS GOING UP. The first time it's like 500-600 damage to all party. Then later it becomes 1000-1200 damage all party. Oh and sometimes he magically gets to do it TWICE IN A FUCKING ROW for 2000+ damage to all party and instant wipeouts.

Meanwhile spells and items are unreliable because there's still a 1/2 second delay even for something simple like a pheonix down or high potion and he could cast reverse during that and screw you over.

The battle should be simple in principle but the speed and damage scaling is insane and I've died 4-5 tries in a row now.

One thing I don't like about this remake is if they are going to make the difficulty incredibly high, you should be able to skip through all the talking before boss battles since you will see it over and over again. The scenes are usually short, but having to just mash A for a minute or two each try is a waste of time.

Every boss battle is getting incredibly frustrating at this point in the game. If it wasn't for the insane damage that is being dealt with these guys + status effects it'd be about on par with SMT3, which is my ideal difficulty in rpgs. But as is, I can't think of the last rpg where I've felt so helpless and luck-reliant on bosses and seen so many game overs. FFIVr could possibly be the hardest rpg I've ever played.

*edit* guess I should add my party is around lvl.38-41. I hope the Giant of Babel you guys are talking about isn't what's at the top of this Babel Tower because if Kobun is having trouble at lvl.50-60, I'm going to be dead at 10 levels below that.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
I'm screwed at the next boss. It seems so easy, heal the boss with everyone and have rydia cast all party attack spells to heal when under reverse.

Just one curaga and one elixir should do the trick on that boss.
It did for me, anyway.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ABABAB / x = 3367 * AB?

Said by one of the NPCs in the Developer's Room. Think it mean something, or is it just gibberish?

That fight was a motherfucker. After dying like 3 times, I just went in and tried to hit him with as much damage as I could as quickly as possible. Mist Dragon works well IIRC, but I had Fast Talk on Rydia too.

I haven't grinded any, so I was probably around the level you are now. I didn't even have to heal anyone.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
No one has curega yet and I don't want to waste my elixers :(

Well, you can buy elixirs at the last shop. If you have more than 8 or so, I wouldn't worry about using two on that fight. Maybe you use them more often than I do, though.

Bebpo

Banned
Aeana said:
Well, you can buy elixirs at the last shop. If you have more than 8 or so, I wouldn't worry about using two on that fight. Maybe you use them more often than I do, though.

Well, I haven't used an elixir yet and I normally don't use them in FF games until the final boss or optional super bosses. So that's why I was hesitant to use one. I only have 3 at this point and I was able to beat the boss using 1 of them. I saved under a separate file though.

Is only 2 elixirs at this point pretty bad?

I mean, I don't see how I can be missing items in this game. I've 100%'d every floor of every dungeon to this point and I've gotten every treasure on every dungeon map and in castle maps. How can I be missing ~6 elixirs?

Aeana

Bebpo said:
Well, I haven't used an elixir yet and I normally don't use them in FF games until the final boss or optional super bosses. So that's why I was hesitant to use one. I only have 3 at this point and I was able to beat the boss using 1 of them. I saved under a separate file though.

Is only 2 elixirs at this point pretty bad?

I mean, I don't see how I can be missing items in this game. I've 100%'d every floor of every dungeon to this point and I've gotten every treasure on every dungeon map and in castle maps. How can I be missing ~6 elixirs?

Sorry, I was thinking of FF7 (which I was just playing), in which elixirs are more plentiful. Still, I didn't use any elixirs in FF4 except for on that fight, and a few in the last dungeon... and by then, you can buy them, so it wasn't a big deal.

Gruco

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
He never worked too well with claws when I used them, that sucks about the Mage Masher though.
Woah. I was always able to rock out with claws for edge. Give him one sword and one claw to match a weakness and he dishes out tons of damage. In Bab-il Giant, with a thunder claw he could practically solo the entire thing. Fairy came in handy sometimes, and Cat Claw was awesome for the sleep effect.

Never tried the Mage Masher though.

Also, if I end up ever getting this thing, I might be interested in trying a no decant run too.

Gruco said:
I might be interested in trying a no decant run too.
That seems to be what I'm doing even though I didn't know it. Shit.

Did it ever say, at any point, that you get extra decant items for using the ones you already have? It sure as hell isn't in the instruction book: in fact, it specifically tells you to be careful who you put the decants on because you can't change them later.

Red Scarlet

Gruco said:
Woah. I was always able to rock out with claws for edge. Give him one sword and one claw to match a weakness and he dishes out tons of damage. In Bab-il Giant, with a thunder claw he could practically solo the entire thing. Fairy came in handy sometimes, and Cat Claw was awesome for the sleep effect.

Never tried the Mage Masher though.

Also, if I end up ever getting this thing, I might be interested in trying a no decant run too.

Ah, I was trying with 2 claws and the damage was lower than his regular weapons.

Sorry for arriving late, but I'm at the party now.

Oh, and a PROTIP: Don't use the olllllllllllllllllld gameboy game cases to store your DS games in; I had three in there and while trying to put DQ4 into it, I couldn't get it open..the 'push in' thing was jammed by the carts!

takotchi

Whew, I just finished the game and
I can't believe they finally show what Golbez looks like under that armor and his textures were all pixelated looking. Way to ruin the moment.

Red Scarlet

So, Tellah is doing 200+ to badguys in the second cave with the rod..Rydia does 50..so I guess the damage done by it is affected by spirit or intelligence now? So using a Rod may be a good weapon for Rydia when I get her again and to just maybe re-equip the Rod after I beat Cagnazzo? Tellah will do 300 to badguys at Zot?

Lol right now Rydia and Tellah are doing more damage than Cecil..may as well put him in the back row so he doesn't get hurt as much and let them fight.

...why'd Tellahs strength stat go down at a level up?!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Red Scarlet said:
So using a Rod may be a good weapon for Rydia when I get her again and to just maybe re-equip the Rod after I beat Cagnazzo?

Whips will probably still be the way to go, since they've been buffed too and the paralysis effect seems to kick in a lot more frequently. Guess it depends on what kind of strategy you want to go with, though.

Until you get the Stardust Rod, anyway. With Rydia in the lower 60s right now, it's doing about 6k per use. Overpowered.

Red Scarlet

How'd the Dancing Dagger do? I use that more than whips, then would switch to the Mage Masher. I think people like Bebpo that aren't really familiar with the game may have a better way to get out of being stuck since they don't have much ingrained into their head about what stuff is supposed to be like, how to tackle this or that.

Right now, Cecil is hanging out in the back row and Rydia and Tellah are killing stuff since they were both doing more damage than him when he was in the front. :lol

When I meant re-equipping the Rod, was talking about for Tellah. The Flame Rod wasn't useful at Zot, but maybe it would be now...also, what's that rod/staff do that's at Rydia's town? I almost never grab it and just sell it. I don't remember its name, either.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Guess I should take this opportunity to whore out a review by a friend of mine.

http://www.rpgland.com/games/ff4/ds/importreview.html

How'd the Dancing Dagger do?

Honestly, I completely forgot about it until end game. Should work pretty well though, since its damage does about 3k with Rydia at level 60 while her whips do just a little over 1k.

also, what's that rod/staff do that's at Rydia's town?

The Rod of Change, isn't it? It uses Pig on stuff.

Top Bottom