• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I've just played though the first part. Despite being in 50Hz, after a few minutes I forget all about it. Now to give the soundtrack a listen to.

ShadiWulf

Visualante said:
Wow, no sale until there's a patch.

It's a Wii game, it can't have a major patch that's gonna fix anything.

-

Also, I have never had any freezing during this game. Only a few slow downs, which were not that big of a deal.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Oxx said:
It's a shame that technical wrinkles have blighted both of Sega's 18-rated Wii fun-fests.
Yeah, hopefully The Conduit is getting some decent QA/QC, especially as it has multiplayer components that will really suffer if the polish isn't there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AllGamer said:
Used homebrew to force it in 60hz mode and now it looks preety good

http://i44.tinypic.com/xgmknr.jpg

Really small bars :)
I can really tell. So if all that is required in a little tinkering then why did PG do it themselves?

ShadiWulf said:
It's a Wii game, it can't have a major patch that's gonna fix anything.
Most we could hope for is a product recall, but considering the economic situation I doubt that will happen.

yoopoo

Banned
Just finished it... final clock was 3:28 :eek: But I died a lot...played it for 5 days :lol

Disappointed that katana is a temporary weapon :/

yoopoo said:
Just finished it... final clock was 3:28 :eek: But I died a lot...played it for 5 days :lol

Disappointed that katana is a temporary weapon :/

Me too.

That thing is awesome.. I was hoping it would be permanent.

Dascu

Sadist said:
Damn, how the hell do you defeat Elise? Those Bats are annoying and hard to attack. Anyone have a tip?
When you don't see her anymore, look around the area. The windows, the statues, etc.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
AllGamer said:
Used homebrew to force it in 60hz mode and now it looks preety good

http://i44.tinypic.com/xgmknr.jpg

Really small bars :)

sorry for the crappy pic ^^

um, how did you get your whites ... so bright?

tide_dawn_canada.jpg
?

but seriously, it looks nice. what did ya do to get rid of the yellow?

[Nintex]

lol at the Money shot challenge :lol

"No, not in the eye!
"what?"
"Never mind, I just had a flashback"

:lol

This game is crazy.. just crazy

Just beat the 4th boss,
Rinrin
, on my last life. The game is absolutely WOWsome so far. So much fun.
Frankly, I'm not even paying attention to the 50hz issue anymore (actually, I stopped worrying about that like 2 minutes upon starting the game, and after shifting to another display mode on my TV), so, since as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be affecting the game speed dramatically (if at all), it doesn't deter my enjoyment in the least.

I finally beat it! :D

Matsuno <3

Credits <3

MUSIC <3

To be honest, I did not like the first level of the final area because it didn't feel as fulfilling as almost every other level. I'll see if I like it better when I go through it in a different way. The first time (and why I didn't like it) was because I wasn't really motivated/couldn't get a cornucopia of signposts/chips and so most of my kills were just killing them bare, so to speak, and that did not sit well with me.

I believe I have found one of my all-time favorite video games since my many years of gaming--and it's not an RPG :eek: Seriously, I have nothing bad to say about this game...I loved everything about it.

I hope this does well at retail--I really do. I'll definitely see what I can do to spread the word :D

My final time was 4:01 and I hate short games...but I didn't notice/care for MadWorld because its content and experience made up for it in so many ways...like a second playthrough on Hard, which I'll be doing sometime soon :D

Was anyone else a little apprehensive about the music at first--like, before the game came out? I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the genre/s the game's music incorporates...but holy shit did I LOVE it <3

"You Don't Know Me" and "DeathWatch" FTW :D All of it is amazing, though. That said, please, please, PLEASE let there be a release of the soundtrack in the US ;_; Heck, I'd buy it if it were an Amazon exclusive or only available on Sega's site or something.

The announcers...:lol They're too awesome to condense in a post, so I'll just say I loved them, too <3

D-X

Ok after throwing a small hissy fit over 50hrz I'm actually playing the game and have forgotten all about it. Those comparing it to the castration of NMH are wrong seeing as actual content hasn't been cut. If you're gonna import it great go ahead but if you're just NOT going to purchase it at all based on 50hrz then that's depriving yourself and Platinum Games.

Oh and this game and HOTD: Overkill has really offended everyone around me!

D-X said:
If you're gonna import it great go ahead but if you're just NOT going to purchase it at all based on 50hrz then that's depriving yourself and Platinum Games.

It's called voting with your dollars. It's how you get companies to change their practices. Sweeping it under the rug is unequivocally the wrong thing to do here.

Pojo

Banned
AllGamer said:
uhm,...nothing ^^

I started the game and it looked like this.
:lol

I wonder how this game looks on a Panasonic plasma. I'd imagine the phosphor trails would be very noticeable, yes?

ksamedi

Just bought it today and I have to say that i'm impressed. Whats nice is that its as much fun to watch someone play as playing it yourself. I like the way the devs maximize player creativity with all the different ways to kill. Platinum games truly understands game design. I wish Sega had given them some more time to polish things.

Ruprit

So I finally sat down and played the game. Having an absolute blast. But in less than a half an hour I have had the game freeze and then crash on me twice. Any idea what the problem is?

pakkit

Banned
Gokurakumaru said:
It's called voting with your dollars. It's how you get companies to change their practices. Sweeping it under the rug is unequivocally the wrong thing to do here.
Voting with your dollars works only in huge campaigns. A few GAFfers abstaining from a game won't make SEGA shed any tears. It's an easy fix through homebrew, enjoy the game.

D-X

Gokurakumaru said:

I vote with my money to support Sega having the balls to put out Madworld without interfering like most publishers do.

I vote with my money to support Platinum Games having the balls to put out something so unique and original.

I vote with my money to let the companies involved know that I want to keep receiving these kind of games in the future.

Not purchasing this game will only hurt the chances of Platinum Games continuing to create unique games, and hey, we already know the way Clover Studios went. I don't want to see that happen again.

D-X said:
I vote with my money to support Sega having the balls to put out Madworld without interfering like most publishers do.

I vote with my money to support Platinum Games having the balls to put out something so unique and original.

I vote with my money to let the companies involved know that I want to keep receiving these kind of games in the future.

Not purchasing this game will only hurt the chances of Platinum Games continuing to create unique games, and hey, we already know the way Clover Studios went. I don't want to see that happen again.
Oh well, I guess people have done more stupid things in the past. We'll have to agree to disagree. See you in the NPD thread.

Also I have a new innovative product called a DVD rewinder you might be interested in.

Kevtones

Taking my sweet time with the game but damn is it awesome. The boss fights are some of the best around and its f'ing gorgeous, period.

Story's getting fun too. I dig it.

Disguises

EatChildren said:
How did you manage to force 60hz on the PAL version? Are you sure its works?

This is also what i wanna know. Tried it myself with gecko OS (Force PAL 60 mode) but to no avail. If theres something else u used, please explain. Thanks!

markatisu

Disguises said:
This is also what i wanna know. Tried it myself with gecko OS (Force PAL 60 mode) but to no avail. If theres something else u used, please explain. Thanks!

Have you tried using the VIDTV patch in Gecko OS (it used to be an option)

Disguises

markatisu said:
Have you tried using the VIDTV patch in Gecko OS (it used to be an option)

Still nothing different :(. Doesn't make me want to play the game any less though (don't just not buy madworld because of this issue!)

I was fighting Elise and Greg Proops said "Shake her Jack, shake her like a British nanny"

They have really nailed the humour in this game. I have not laughed so many times while playing.

Dascu

broadwayrock said:
I was fighting Elise and Greg Proops said "Shake her Jack, shake her like a British nanny"

They have really nailed the humour in this game. I have not laughed so many times while playing.
Awesome rack on her though.

pakkit said:
Voting with your dollars works only in huge campaigns. A few GAFfers abstaining from a game won't make SEGA shed any tears. It's an easy fix through homebrew, enjoy the game.

I'm not homebrewing, modding or anything else anymore. I just don't care enough nowadays. Publishers need to sell to me not expect me to pick up their slack. It's the same reason I don't bother importing anymore.

So thanks for the solution, but I'll pass anyhow. And I'd encourage anybody who hated this crap 15 years ago to do the same let the media know why so publishers take the hint.

If ever there were a sequel, I'd like to see a bit more variation for stacking more points, instead of the tire/signpost/environmental finish.

A rope would be awesome, for example. I'm sure they could easily come up with all sorts of grisly deaths related with rope...:D

Beat the game on hard BOTH ways just now.

Beat it on hard using a brand new file. After the credits you get the same things that you get for beating it on normal:
katana and double chainsaw

I then beat it on hard using the save file I beat it on normal with (they let you go back in as the champ and replay any area). This is the same save file I already had the above mentioned unlockables on. I went straight to the final level and didn't get anything new

edit: bummer there's no grand reward for beating it on hard. I went back in and tried the katana for the first time though, great weapon. Final thoughts: AWESOME GAME <3 PlatinumGames <3 Worth my $50 and enjoyed every minute of it. Even though the game frustrated me with horizontal nunchuk prompts though (it just wouldn't register!) Looking forward to more from PG, thank you and keep up the good work guys!

Top Bottom