• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Daigoro

1138 said:
I finally decided to play the PC-version after the steam sale a couple of days ago, and i was suprised by how bad it ran on my system. I have an i5 processor at 2,67Ghz, 4GB ram, and an Ati HD 4890 graphics card, and ran the DX10 version of the game on a W7 64bit OS. I decided to run the variable benchmark with all settings on high, no AA, with v-synch disabled, and with the resolution 1360x768. At area 1 i got an average of 60fps, and in area 2,3, and 4 i only got 25fps on average. I checked the old benchmark thread and it looked like everyone else with a comparable graphics card was able to get much better results. Does anyone know why i have such low performance? I also updated to the latest version of the display driver, but the results are the same.

hm, that's odd. how is it in game?

sounds like something is off though. you should be getting better than that.

Nelo Ice said:
anyone still play this?

just picked up a gold edition copy (360) for $20

btw for any bay area gaffers it has been confirmed around multiple parts of the bay that target is selling the 360 version for $19.99 :D

there is a certain gaffer whos name ecapes me that plays this game very day. he is a maniac, but i love him for it.

ive been playing the PC version a bit lately. need to get back and finish up those DLC achievements on the 360.

ill never get those VS achievements... :(

Daigoro

Himuro said:
I need to buy this for ps3 and then get all the trophies. Got all the achievements on the 360 version, plan on doing it on ps3.

vs too? such a grind.

im at like 1100 or something for the 360 version, and a little over half way there on the PC version. 1000 on PC will be cake, but those vs achievements... i should hit up that one gaffer on my list for some help.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Himuro said:
I need to buy this for ps3 and then get all the trophies. Got all the achievements on the 360 version, plan on doing it on ps3.

dude forget the ps3 version, get the PC version that's where it's at. I'm on practically EVERYDAY cuz I can't get enough of Mercenaries. It's the most addicting game ever fuck the haters!

Mr_Zombie

isamu said:
dude forget the ps3 version, get the PC version that's where it's at. I'm on practically EVERYDAY cuz I can't get enough of Mercenaries. It's the most addicting game ever fuck the haters!

Are people still playing Mercenaries online? I bought the game about a month after it was released and almost every time I wanted to play Mercs online, there was no one playing it. Hopefully a friend of mine also had the game so we played it for hours together, but the lack of random people to play with was really disappointing. No to mention the hacked score board :/.

Sectus

isamu said:
Speaking of which... look what I was able to do! No Mercy now working completely fine in Duo mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8R0XCwSQN8

The only problem is that it's a little bit tricky to setup. At the very least you don't have to change any files for the game. You just need to run this trainer (and you might have to find one memory address used by the game): http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=13366&st=0

USD

Here's another subtle change I noticed. When playing single player, health drain freezes in dying mode the instant healing is initiated (before the spray actually heals you). This applies to both you and the AI. It makes playing Professional solo more bearable, and while I still don't give the AI healing herbs on Pro, doing so is no longer a detriment.

The catch is is that it only applies to single player, in coop you still bleed as normal.

And an aside, I play this game way too much.

USD

Is RE5 playable online with Silver? I've noticed several people over the past few weeks playing online with Silver accounts.

Sectus

I might as well show off a mod I'm working on, which roughly triples the amount of enemies in story mode and makes it harder in other ways as well:
RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-760-02-33-20.jpg

RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-760-11-52-02.jpg

RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-760-45-07-28.jpg

RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-760-55-24-09.jpg

RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-761-03-03-12.jpg

RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-760-57-40-21.jpg

re5-20100807-171511.jpg

re5-20100807-171843.jpg

re5-20100807-174134.jpg

re5-20100807-185128.jpg

USD

Sectus said:
I might as well show off a mod I'm working on, which roughly triples the amount of enemies in story mode and makes it harder in other ways as well:
RE5DX92010-08-0619-14-31-760-55-24-09.jpg
Gotta love packing in a shit ton of enemies in what is normally a ten-second play area. :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sectus said:

very very nice :)

Daigoro

USD said:
Gotta love packing in a shit ton of enemies in what is normally a ten-second play area. :lol

yeah. there arent even any enemies there normally right? i usually just run right to the gate i think...

man the PC version of this game is so good. it is one of the best looking games ive ever played and it runs like a dream.

too bad it will probably never be updated with the side quests.

Mr_Zombie

Sectus said:
*pics*

Sooooo good :]
For the moment I'm done with RE5 (damn you Capcom, why won't you release those DLC scenarios; I'm willing to give you my money!), but when you release the mod, I'm so gonna play it. I love your co-op "No Mercy" mode :D.

USD

Was just watching this video from Sectus. Was wondering where the "Scope out the area!" line for Chris's S.T.A.R.S. figure came from, as you never hear it in-game.

It seems like all the characters were created to be playable on story mode (or at least playable with an AI partner). I still don't understand why I can't run around with Wesker or Excella in story mode. Or why the Jill's Px4 and Barry's and Wesker's Samurai Edges aren't unlockable (It'd also be sweet to able to use dual Skorpions like Jill does). I know it's possible to use Wesker and Jill on PC, but since it looks like there will be no PC Gold Edition, there won't even be the chance to see a Barry/Rebecca team through story mode. Wouldn't be able to play it anyway (shitty PC), but I would still find comfort in its existence.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I have seen people used hacked shit on 360 though (Samurai Edges, 9999-round capacities, infinite flash grenades, rocket handguns, etc.), never seen anyone do something like model hacks though.

On a seperate note, here's some of my other builds I've been using lately, other than the ones I've listed before. You can probably guess who I usually play as, and what my favorite costume is. :lol

B.B. Hood/Bulleta
Sheva (Fairy Tale)
Skorpion vz. 61
Proximity Bombs
Grenade Launcher with Explosive and Flame Rounds
RPG-7

Sexy Saloon Slut Sheva
Sheva (Fairy Tale)
S&W M29
Sako M75 (I secretly wish there was a lever-action rifle in the game, it would be perfect, but bolt-action will do)

Shot for Teacher
Sheva (Business)
Beretta 93R (Such a sexy, sexy nerd gun)
Benelli M3

Black Claire AKA Claire Blackfield
Sheva (BSAA)
Beretta 93R or AK-74
Sako M75
S&W M29

Also played with some 12-year-old kid who claimed that Leon was going to be in the game, but he dead from the (Plaga, I'm assuming) virus. :lol

Daigoro

USD said:
Was just watching this video from Sectus. Was wondering where the "Scope out the area!" line for Chris's S.T.A.R.S. figure came from, as you never hear it in-game.

It seems like all the characters were created to be playable on story mode (or at least playable with an AI partner). I still don't understand why I can't run around with Wesker or Excella in story mode. Or why the Jill's Px4 and Barry's and Wesker's Samurai Edges aren't unlockable (It'd also be sweet to able to use dual Skorpions like Jill does). I know it's possible to use Wesker and Jill on PC, but since it looks like there will be no PC Gold Edition, there won't even be the chance to see a Barry/Rebecca team through story mode. Wouldn't be able to play it anyway (shitty PC), but I would still find comfort in its existence.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I have seen people used hacked shit on 360 though (Samurai Edges, 9999-round capacities, infinite flash grenades, rocket handguns, etc.), never seen anyone do something like model hacks though.

On a seperate note, here's some of my other builds I've been using lately, other than the ones I've listed before. You can probably guess who I usually play as, and what my favorite costume is. :lol

B.B. Hood/Bulleta
Sheva (Fairy Tale)
Skorpion vz. 61
Proximity Bombs
Grenade Launcher with Explosive and Flame Rounds
RPG-7

Sexy Saloon Slut Sheva
Sheva (Fairy Tale)
S&W M29
Sako M75 (I secretly wish there was a lever-action rifle in the game, it would be perfect, but bolt-action will do)

Shot for Teacher
Sheva (Business)
Beretta 93R (Such a sexy, sexy nerd gun)
Benelli M3

Black Claire AKA Claire Blackfield
Sheva (BSAA)
Beretta 93R or AK-74
Sako M75
S&W M29

Also played with some 12-year-old kid who claimed that Leon was going to be in the game, but he dead from the (Plaga, I'm assuming) virus. :lol

yeah i agree that there would be even more replayability if they allowed us to use all of the different characters and weapons in campaign. definitly a missed opportunity.

i love your builds. i dont think i saw the previous post you made on them. cool that you sold your stock of weapons and customized them. love that.

im pretty sure ive had you on my friends list since the game came out but we never played together. you play this game so much! you are a maniac. you're probably the only person on my friend list who's played it more than me. i need to join up with you one of these times when i see you on.

still never beat that last DLC release on Professional. just ran through it once when it came out i think. i gotta get on that.

Sectus

USD said:
Well, having tried mods which forces those characters to be loaded in story mode, there's at least some excuses to be made:
-Cutscenes doesn't render the main characters properly, and there's no way to make facial animations work for multiple characters.
-Jill (and presumably, Rebecca too) can't use most weapons in the game, since they only have animations for a left handed female character.
-Many story mode animations only work for Chris and Sheva (this is even subtly apparent in the LIN episode. There's one animation where Wesker kills Jill, and it uses Sheva's animation which isn't completely compatible so Jill's face looks really weird during that animation).

Besides that and a few minor bugs, it does work though. In the current state, they could not have added more story mode characters, but it would certainly have possible if they put some effort into fixing the cutscene and weapon issues.

There's other things they could have added support for though which the game technically supports. Like no mercy duo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4Rw1DPs-Q

Or 3/4 player mercenaries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ0m6S8JEoI (there's one minor bug here with the HUD, but well, I'd say that's an acceptable issue)

I also have a sneaky suspicion that the game supports CPU being added for mercenaries (as shown here: http://www.xfire.com/profile/sectus/screenshots/?view#103131972 ), but the darn AI won't automatically ready up in the lobby so I can't actually test it.

It's such an annoyance that the DLC was never added to the PC version, because there's probably a lot of fun you could do with the DE or LIN episodes, or with Josh, Excella, Barry and Rebecca added to other modes. But well, despite, PC version is still undoubtly the most fun you can have with the game, there's so much craziness you can do with mods.

USD

Was playing some RE4 today, and I forgot about some of the notable changes they made in RE5.

1. In RE4, any melee attack disarms your opponent, while in RE5 the only way to actively disarm is to shoot the weapon hand. Granted, the enemies in RE4 are more threatening unarmed (the frontal grab always does a good bit of damage, while in RE5 you're only in trouble if you can't shake off the attack), but you also do damage when freeing yourself, while in 5, the most you'll get is a knockdown after being grabbed from behind.

2. The knife is far more reliable in RE4. You can actually use it for melee attacks, while in RE5, you can knife enemies in the head multiple times and never see the head stun animation. Though in RE4, every third or fourth knife swing won't stun the enemy, so knifing a standing opponent isn't as viable unless you're hitting the melee spots. But since that's what you're aiming for anyway (grounded foes excluded), it's rarely an issue.

3. The laser has horrible range in RE4. Hitting targets at mid-to-long range (especially if they're not just charging straight at you) can be extremely difficult. Leon's aim is also more shaky, though he does have the godliness that is the Red9 + stock.

4. Enemies attack through windows. They had no problems stabbing you or throwing shit through them. In RE5, windows are piss-easy choke points, as enemy attacks through windows are very rare.

5. There's much less downtime between attacks in RE4. After getting hit in RE5, the enemies give you about a three-to-five second grace period before attacking again. You also get the grace period after healing. You get maybe a second or two in 4 before they're ready to smack you again.

6. Enemy weapon throws are a bit more inaccurate, but the startup animation and the throw itself is much faster. The enemies are much more likely to practically remain stationary and just throw shit at you. The throws generally have less of an arc in 4 however, so it's generally easier to deflect.

7. Enemies can fall to the ground from upper body shots in 5. It's also an incredibly slow fall to the ground, usually involving the enemy rolling several times before finally settling on the ground. I found this incredibly annoying, especially with the machine guns. It makes the weaker MGs much less viable in The Mercenaries for anything other than ground kills. It's not an issue in Reunion however, as all melee attacks are stronger, and two shots (maximum) + head melee will kill any enemy.

8. Reload cancels and combine reloads. In RE5, you can cancel your reload into a melee attack. In 4, you can only cancel reloads with dodges. You also can reload via the old-school RE combine method. Personally, I only use the combine method when playing Mercs. Taking out reload times can suck part of the challenge out of the game.

9. With RE5 Type B and D controls, you can shoot an enemy in melee stun at point-blank range. In RE4 and RE5 Type A or C controls, your only option is to melee.

I remember championing Type D controls back in the early days of the demo. :lol Eventually I made the switch to Type B however. The camera shift for a full 180-degree view, quick aiming, and quarter turns are much more valuable than strafing. Combined with point 9 above, I think it's the best control scheme in the game.

Mr_Zombie

Sectus said:
Or 3/4 player mercenaries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ0m6S8JEoI (there's one minor bug here with the HUD, but well, I'd say that's an acceptable issue)

Please explain how did you do that :]

Also, I've noticed you've killed more enemies than the standard 150. Did you manage to rise the enemy kill limit? Because last time I've checked even when using your No Mercy co-op mode the game was over after you kill 150-151 enemies.

Sectus

Mr_Zombie said:
Please explain how did you do that :]

Also, I've noticed you've killed more enemies than the standard 150. Did you manage to rise the enemy kill limit? Because last time I've checked even when using your No Mercy co-op mode the game was over after you kill 150-151 enemies.
It's all done with this trainer: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=13366

I figured out how to make no mercy mode work 100% in duo some weeks ago (that means kill limit is 400, there's no limit with las plagas enemies and enemies are as aggressive as they should be in no mercy), and that's been added to the trainer. And if you wanna play it with 2 players that's super easy. Just host a duo match like normal, and make sure you and your partner has the trainer running with "1 - no mercy duo" toggled and check the frozen button just below it.

If you wanna play 3 or 4 players, that's a lot more tricky. You'll need to follow the instructions in the thread about creating a versus match with multiple players, and just before starting the match every player needs to turn off versus mode in the trainer, then mercs will load instead. Optionally, every player can toggle on no mercy too if you wanna play that.

3 player support can be a hassle to setup but I've got it working perfectly with no bugs. 4 player support seems to be buggy no matter what unfortunately. Forcing 4 player mode/versus mode via memory hacking was discovered just days ago so I'm sure it'll be improved on.

Edit: By the way, this new no mercy hack does not require my old no mercy mod, that one is completely obsolete now.

USD

Playing a bit of Reunion, and fuck, Barry is so awesome. :lol What I would give to be able to play as him in story mode.

"Haha, you're learning grasshopper!"

Also, when every I play Rebecca, always I make sure to do her taunt when I run into my teammate. :lol

And holy shit, Reunion can get ridiculous with the Plagas. Toward the end of the run, it's like a 50/50 chance of a parasite popping out, trying to fuck up the combo.

Daigoro

USD said:
Playing a bit of Reunion, and fuck, Barry is so awesome. :lol What I would give to be able to play as him in story mode.

"Haha, you're learning grasshopper!"

Also, when every I play Rebecca, always I make sure to do her taunt when I run into my teammate. :lol

And holy shit, Reunion can get ridiculous with the Plagas. Toward the end of the run, it's like a 50/50 chance of a parasite popping out, trying to fuck up the combo.

brutal. those plagas truly are a plague when trying to keep a combo going.

the characters from Reunion are so damn cool though.

Kuraudo

Banned
Finally broke and bought the Untold Stories bundle on PSN. The description made it sound like it just had the two DLC scenarios and extra costumes exclusively for Mercenaries Reunion. Was really pleased to discover it's basically all the DLC except Versus (which I couldn't care less about) including costumes for the main campaign and Rebecca and Barry for Mercs. Fantastic deal for under a fiver.

Played through Lost in Nightmares and the first half was incredible. The lack of enemies made it really terrifying - was absolutely tense the whole time expecting the first one to show up. Found it a little weaker once the enemies did show up, but still good fun. Only problem I had was having to complete it in one sitting.

Really hope they look at this before laying down plans for RE6.

USD

Despite how much I've played this game I seem to always learn something new. Onscreen, you only see the left stick icon for breaking grapples and holds, but mashing buttons works as well. Apparently the secret technique is to spin the joystick while mashing on X and A (or Square and X). Let's you break holds much quicker, a literal life-saver on Professional.

Lately, I've just been going Sako- (AKA S75-) only, keeping the original capacity (everything else upgraded). It's pretty challenging when you only have 6 shots at a time to make something happen, and with slow rate of fire, each shot is precious.

Native Guide
Tribal Sheva
Sako M75

1. Play as Sheva, using the Tribal outfit (Fairy Tale works too)
2. Use Type A or B controls
3. Use the Sako
4. Release the aim button and press right on the right stick
i.e. stare at Sheva's boobs
between shots and while reloading
5. ???
6. PROFIT

It's actually useful, it gives you a good view of your weak side so you won't get smacked by Majini you normally can't see.

Sectus

S75 is definitely my favourite gun in the game (the bolt action rifle was my favourite in RE4 too). I'm glad it's in mercs too as that's allowed me to do probably my favourite type of mercs run where I play as Sheva Clubbin and discard all weapons except for the S75.

I've recorded a bunch of runs with this setup. One random example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBaynw7qq6E
And a full playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/user/FluffyQuack#g/c/5B303FE155E65DB5

I'm quite proud I was actually able to get a full 150 combo in several stages in duo mode with both players only using the S75. (the stages being public assembly, mines, village and experimental facility)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
cvxfreak said:
Been replaying RE4 Wii lately and the control are still so fucking awesome.

Fuck the traditional, inferior controls.

No way. I just got RE4 Wii Edition recently and what a disappointment. 360/Dualshock/Gamecube analog aiming is vastly superior. Vastly. Was thinking about getting RE5 Gold for upcoming move support, but now I really don't care for the motion controlled aiming. Instead, gonna get Re5 regular edition + untold stories.

If you've played RE4/5 long enough, it's so easy to get headshots/aim for legs or through hole in shield/aim for enemy weapons that the motion controls are so damn clumsy to work at. Plus you still have to use the analog anyway if you want to move the screen around so Leon faces up, down, or around your current aiming window. Most importantly, I absolutely hate playing a game casually standing up. It's tiring. I'm not fit but I'm no slob whale either. When I play a game I want to sit in a chair, a couch, or on the floor, not be engaged in WAGGLAN action. When you're sitting down, the motion controls still work but you always have to keep your arms up so one still experiences fatigue in the wrists and arms. Fuck motion controls :D

Sagitario

cvxfreak said:
Been replaying RE4 Wii lately and the control are still so fucking awesome.

Fuck the traditional, inferior controls.

It's so fun pulling several headshots in a row :D

Sub_Level said:
360/Dualshock/Gamecube analog aiming is vastly superior. Vastly.

It's a matter of preference, of course, but to say is vastly superior is untrue...

cvxfreak

I wonder who would win in a match in Versus: a traditional player or a Move player. :lol

Criticisms about having to stand up to play RE4 Wii well are untrue. So's the issue of hand fatigue. This isn't 2006!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Put me in the 'prefers stick aiming' over waggle. Laser sight ftw. I like the fact that the game makes me judge distances and compensate for the character's unsteadiness. It's a big part of the gameplay.

Easier !always= better.

cvxfreak said:
I wonder who would win in a match in Versus: a traditional player or a Move player. :lol

I don't think there is any question who would win. Thankfully I don't give a fuck.

USD

Sectus said:
S75 is definitely my favourite gun in the game (the bolt action rifle was my favourite in RE4 too). I'm glad it's in mercs too as that's allowed me to do probably my favourite type of mercs run where I play as Sheva Clubbin and discard all weapons except for the S75.

I've recorded a bunch of runs with this setup. One random example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBaynw7qq6E
And a full playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/user/FluffyQuack#g/c/5B303FE155E65DB5

I'm quite proud I was actually able to get a full 150 combo in several stages in duo mode with both players only using the S75. (the stages being public assembly, mines, village and experimental facility)
Heh, I was trying out some Sako-only Merc runs several weeks back (though I play with an unwritten headshot-only rule), then I saw your videos. Knew someone else had to be doing it. I've been using the Sako so much that I actually have more kills with it than kills by melee. Probably because I haven't been playing too much Mercs lately (though I still pop in for a game or two whenever I play).

As far as Move aiming goes, I don't think it will as much as an impact as in RE4, since aiming is much easier in 5 than it was in 4. The less shaky aim and the much longer laser distance makes mid-to-long range shots very easy to pull off.

Draft said:
I popped in RE4 Wii over the weekend, and holy shit, can't play it to save my life! GCN superiority forever.
Yeah, the Wii controls are better when it comes to making the game easier to control, and I love having real 480p widescreen, but I still prefer the Gamecube version above all else precisely because the controls are excellent without being so easy that you just kill everything with headshots. I felt like a bona fide badass by the time I was done with RE4 GCN because I could turn on a dime and stop the reticle exactly where I needed it to be and just neutralize entire groups of enemies incredibly fast. The Wii version is so easy to control that nothing feels impressive anymore, if that makes any sense.

<3 the Gamecube controller for games that were originally built for it.

Wii controls are better than the PS2/PS3/360 analog sticks, though.

Sagitario

cvxfreak said:
Criticisms about having to stand up to play RE4 Wii well are untrue. So's the issue of hand fatigue. This isn't 2006!

Indeed, RE4 only uses waggle for some QTEs... it's all about the pointer...

Sectus

cvxfreak said:
I think it would easily be the traditional player because of the ability to do quick turns with the right analog stick.

Unless they add that functionality with the Move. But based on RE4 Wii and mouse controls on PC, I'm gonna guess no.

USD

Mr_Zombie said:
Huh? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure there is quick turn on PC (run + down).
He's talking about quarter turns. With Type A or B controls, by holding left or right on the right stick and quickly pressing and releasing the aim button, you can quickly turn 90 degrees. Half of Versus (for experts) is the use and abuse of this.

Sectus

It's also great for aiming quicker with a stick. In the video I posted as an example, you can see that I do that a lot to make the aim closer to the enemy before you even see the scope on the screen. But yeah, the main use is for turning quicker. It's also very common in crazy mercenaries runs since it is technically the fastest way to turn (even faster than the normal 180 turns).

USD

Mr_Zombie said:
Oh, didn't even know there is such a feature.
I wouldn't really call it a feature, but quick aiming (using the right stick to shift the camera, then pressing the aim button to aim in that direction) with Type A or B control is. It was in RE4, but it was limited to left and right. In 5, you can quick aim in any direction. Type B controls for life.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
is it possible to disable sheva with a mod in the pc version?

Sectus said:
Considering the amount of people who complained about the forced coop in the game, this mod might be for them. Alone in Africa, aka single-singleplayer:
14v01nk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9wJtPnzRqE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5hLg1Mcijw

The mod isn't perfect as Sheva is technically in the game. But since she's invisible, invincible, deals no damage and makes no sounds, it's a pretty effective illusion. And it's a nice way to make sure all the scripts still work (as there's plenty of areas where both players needs to be present in order to advance).

boom! thanks.

Sectus

-COOLIO- said:
is it possible to disable sheva with a mod in the pc version?

boom! thanks.
Here's the link to the mod in case you didn't find it: http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=4583

There's been even more discoveries in the mod community lately and I think it might be possible to make the game truly singleplayer. But the bad thing is that the scripts won't work that way. One would have to manually edit each stage to make all the triggers work for one player.

USD

Sectus said:
Here's the link to the mod in case you didn't find it: http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=4583

There's been even more discoveries in the mod community lately and I think it might be possible to make the game truly singleplayer. But the bad thing is that the scripts won't work that way. One would have to manually edit each stage to make all the triggers work for one player.
Makes me wish I had a solid PC.

On a somewhat related note, I decided to do a (partial) Damsel in Distress playthrough of Resident Evil 5. I'm so used to playing using the AI as a packhorse, never giving it weapons, I decided to do something a bit more unconventional and play the reverse. Professional mode, weapons for the AI but none for myself, just ammo boxes to keep the AI going. It's pretty challenging, as you have to manage between Cover mode and the double-edged sword that is Attack mode, but if you're familiar with the AI's various quirks, it's playable. Only played up to 2-1, will probably finish some time later.

*I do carry around an emergency weapon for treasure, bosses (AI can't finish off bosses) and sections that absolutely require it.

And in other news, I got bored, so I decided to test the boob physics. :lol

Tribal Sheva > Battlesuit Jill (Mercenaries) > Battlesuit Jill (Desperate Escape) > Clubbin' Sheva > BSAA Jill > BSAA Sheva > Excella* = Fairy Tale Sheva* > Business Sheva = Rebecca

*No jiggle during gameplay, but present in cutscenes.

Pretty interesting that the developers put so much detail and variation into it. :lol The one oddity is Excella. Despite the fact that her boobs are bascially just hanging out, there's no fanservice at all.

Top Bottom