• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ryu ga Gotoku 3 Thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
AranhaHunter said:
Awesome review by famitsu, unfortunately I don't think it'll get released in the US.

If Sega marketed it properly, it might have a chance of selling decent in NA.

Kagari said:
If Sega marketed it properly, it might have a chance of selling decent in NA.

True, but neither Yakuza 1 or 2 were properly marketed in the US so even if 3 releases in the US, I don't have any reason to believe it'll receive the marketing treatment it deserves.

Kittonwy

Banned
Come on Sega, we needz some heat action over here.
angry.gif

tass0

Banned
If I import the game from Japan, will I have English subtitles and voices? Please respond as this game looks hardcore :D

lupinko

Angelus Errare said:
Oh come the fuck on! Korea is getting RGG3 but not the US? Fuckin really?!

Damn it! My mom should have taught me Korean when I was a child! Damn her.

All the East Asian countries are getting RGG3.

ascii42

I'm completely certain we'll get Yakuza 3. I've been certain since Yakuza 2 was announced to come out in the US that we'd get a PS3 Yakuza game. I can't think of any other reason why they would have bothered.

Ploid 3.0

Man this game so better come to the US. I might have to force myself to learn the language if not. I want more games like this. I like being a kid in a city sized candy store.

The first of the PS3 games I will import if it doesn't come to the US. And I want it to come, because it's gonna be a bitch to play in Japanese.

Mik2121

Oh come on Kagari, I kind of expected the header I made on the other Ryu ga Gotoku 3 thread, to show up here! :(

Anyway I'll post it again, so if you like it go ahead and use it:

ryugagotoku3ot.jpg

If all of asia is getting RGG3, think there will be the usual "asian" version, ya know the one that's basically Japanese with english subs?
Because for the first time in pretty much forever, I'm sad that I'm part korean and speak nada....ok that's a lie. I'm always sad

Angelus Errare said:
If all of asia is getting RGG3, think there will be the usual "asian" version, ya know the one that's basically Japanese with english subs?
Because for the first time in pretty much forever, I'm sad that I'm part korean and speak nada....ok that's a lie. I'm always sad

My advice

Eat more white rice

Mik2121

Btw, the store near my house (2 min by walk) is getting the game this Monday and they will sell it by then if I ask behind the counter, lol :D

I might get it, but with Killzone 2 so near...

Flek

Banned
Angelus Errare said:

not gonna happen sega is way to lazy. Officials sega statement "we didnt say it will NEVER been released but we are not planing on relasing it in the us or europe in the near future"

and what it means is "we are lazy and stupid bums and maybe we will release this game in 2-3 years so shut the fuck up now and let us do a nother crapy sonic game for you stupid western peoble"

Anyway preorderd ryu ga gotoku 3 and i just hope that opening a host club and doing karaoke isnt based on to mouch "random chats" because if it is its going to be nearly imposible to pull of :(

LiK

awaiting my preorder. it'll be in my backlog until a fully complete FAQ is out. that should take a while for FAQ writers cuz of all the massive sidequests.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Blablurn said:
wasnt the idea of ryo ga gotoku to be more streamlined to appeal to the american audience?
:/

I guess when the American audience didn't care, Sega said fuck em.

=( I wish they could have included English mode or something and just subtitled the speech for the loyal US fans of the series. T-T

So jealous...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mik2121 said:
Oh come on Kagari, I kind of expected the header I made on the other Ryu ga Gotoku 3 thread, to show up here! :(

Anyway I'll post it again, so if you like it go ahead and use it:

I must have missed it in the other thread D: Sorry!
I'll tweak this one though and use it :D

lupinko

Angelus Errare said:

There will probably be a How to Play Pamphlet in Chinese/Korean/English.

But that would be it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
RGG3 is going to be so awesome, I'm never going to post in this thread once it releases. I'll be too busy breaking fools in half, and then singing enka just before my 5pm tee off.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Blablurn said:
wasnt the idea of ryo ga gotoku to be more streamlined to appeal to the american audience?
:/

it's like talking about the history of Uruguay-Argentina derby to some LA Lakers fanboy .

so , a game based on Yakuza codes , law and rules more appealing into western gamers ? hell no .

the thing that sells some copies of the games in the west was because it's like old school street brawl , without that part , Yakuza is no more appealing to the Western audience than games like Shenmue itself or Samurai Dou Series .

RGG2 was full of that , all about Yakuza honor , rules , the way they are thinking and doing what they do , I can't even imagine what will happen if they dubbed it , will be funny I guess.

RGG Kenzan! on the other hand is way way worse situation than both RGG and RGG2 , because it was heavily upon the Samurai codes plus the Yakuza's , people who are not familiar with the these stuff ( most of western guys ) will be lost out there .

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tiduz said:
WHY CANT I UNDERSTAND JAPANESE

will this get a us release?
please say yes.

yes , sure same day with english Initial D Extreme Stage , and Kenzan! : Yankees edition

:(

Tom Penny

They should just do a lame ad like "Japan's version of GTA" now coming to the US. Show some graphics which are good and some gameplay and they might even sell a few copies. It won't happen though.

Argh, hate to sound like a broken record but this needs to come out in the US. I'm completely engrossed into the first Yakuza, and have Yakuza 2 on my shelf to follow it.

Top Bottom